What Does the NSA Know About SodaHeads?

brtndr 2011/04/09 20:52:44

brtndr
4/9/2011

Are you like me, and question the purpose of SodaHeads "business concept", of having a "consolidated" centralized, message boards, voting polls on a social networking site? One that includes a very large range of different topics, from questions as trivial as, "Do you do your Own Laundry?", to some of the more relevant and important questions like, "Where were you on 9/11?" Is it just about making money by carving out your own niche in the social networking market, or could there be a darker and more threatening purpose?

Maybe, the following article below might help answer my SodaHead question for the day?

The Allegation

In early August of 2009, "A lawsuit was filed in federal court alleging that a group of well-know websites, including those owned by Disney, Warner Bros. Records, and Demand Media, broke the law by secretly tracking web movements of their users, including children.

The suit alleges that Clearspring Technologies, a software company that creates widgets and also offers a way to serve ads via widgets, is at the center of the wrongdoing.

Website operators such as Disney, Playlist.com, and SodaHead are "Clearspring Flash Cookie Affiliates," the plaintiffs allege in their suit. Clearspring set "Flash cookies on (affiliate site) users' computers.....online tracking device(s) which would allow access to and disclosure of internet users' online information.""

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20013672-261.html?part=rss&...

The Interview

Now, strongly consider the allegations contained in that lawsuit, and compare it to the statements made by SodaHead founder Jason Feffer in a interview with socialtech.com back in 2007 when SH was first launched.

Q: What is Sodahead?

Jason Feffer: "SodaHead is social voting. It's not a new concept for people to vote,
answer questions, and take polls--people have been doing that for
awhile. However, the media of the Internet has allowed people to add
the social aspect to it."

"People vote on polls on the internet, constantly, but now we're bring the social element, and we're going to track that vote with your profile."

Q: So this is sort of like an enhanced message board--where people can ask questions and get opinions?

Jason Feffer:"Exactly, but there are millions of them out there--but they're not aggregated, they're not consolidated--They're just out there."

"They're not tracking your votes across sites, your profile, or your comments. So let's take the wonderful world of message boards which we love, and
put them under one roof. We have over 200 categories on our site, and
we don't want to be niche.

We'll allow these niches to happen under each category but you don't have to recreate your profile, your reputation, or anything like that. On top of all that, we offer the concept of a reputation--a track record and a history."

http://www.socaltech.com/interview_with_jason_feffer__founder...

Boy, Mr. Feffer sure likes to use the term "tracking" and "consolidate" a lot. Nothing suspicious about that I guess? Unless, your company is included in a federal lawsuit alleging that it broke the law by secretly tracking its users movements on the internet.Then the true objectives of SodaHead, perhaps, becomes just a little-bit more suspicious I think.

Then, if you tie-in Jason Feffer statements concerning SodaHead, and the allegations made in that California federal lawsuit, along with the recent news about the NSA's massive secret data collection operation, of U.S. citizens via their cell phones and computers. (available at the links below)
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-10-nsa_x.htm

http://www.uaff.info/group_calls_for_hearings_into_google.htm

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t;=13294

Then suddenly, the purpose of SodaHead suddenly turns a lot more sinister in nature and in conduct.

There's Something About Mikey?

If you go to SodaHeads Wikipedia page, and read the small history portion about who was behind the founding of Sodahead? It will tell you this....

"SodaHead was founded by Jason Feffer, former vice president of operations at MySpace, and his childhood friend Michael Glazer."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SodaHead.com

OK, I think we can all, pretty much agree, that we know who Jason Feffer is, and what he's all about. But who's this Michael Glazer person? Well, the odd thing is, for a guy that co-founded a social networking internet site, that is accused of secretly tracking American citizens, and their children. There's not a lot of information about Mikey available for the general public, which is kind of unusual for a "supposedly" everyday "event planner" American citizen, who has produced TV shows as popular as, "Fear Factor" and Dr. Phil.

I could Google my own SH username "brtndr" right now, and get a lot more information about myself, then I could about Mikey "The Chimp" Glazer. And I haven't produced one popular American TV Show.

However, the small amount of information available about Mr. Glazer, may reveal what SodaHead is really all about. On Mr. Glazer's Wikipedia bio page it says that he "attended the prestigious boarding school Deerfield Academy, in Deerfield Massachusetts." An "Elite" prestigious private 4 year college preparatory school, whose alumni include U.S. congressman and Senators, a few members of the "elite" Rockefeller banking dynasty, a one time chairman of Goldman Sachs, a lot of people who worked in the media and a whole bunch of foreign ambassador's.

Most of the "prestigious" alumni of Deerfield Academy would later go on to attend "prestigious" elite Ivy league colleges such as Harvard, Columbia and Yale. Where they would later become Skull and Bones, Wolf's Head Society or Schroll and Key secrete society members, before being released onto the general public, to begin their careers of robbing, lying and murdering for the sake of their own personal wealth and success.

Of coarse, just because Mikey "The Chimp" Glazer went to the same elite prep-school as a lot of our former and current corporate media, war profiteering banking slave masters and politicians did, doesn't necessarily make "The Chimp" a bad guy. However, when you take into account the statements by Jason Feffer on the purpose of SodaHead, which is to track, consolidate and build a profile of you that is based on your personal questions, answers and information on your SH domain page. Then take into account that federal lawsuit alleging that SodaHead is apart of a large corporate data collection operation that is secretly tracking what sites you visit on the internet, along with the NSA.

I believe you should think twice before answering that trivial SH question about, "Do you do your own Laundry?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFd5gEsqZg

• safari 2011/04/10 08:33:57 (edited)
    safari
    +8
    Sometimes I do my own laundry and sometimes I don't :P - But I'd like to address the tracking issue. I saw that when it came out. I have built a lot of websites and still occasionally do and consult to builders from time to time. ( Amongst other things ) So these trackers are framed into the site and arrive in some of the ads. Soda uses ads to make money. The cookies in question don't deliver info to Soda unless they made a deal with them to do so and I would highly doubt that is part of the deal. Soda is free to users and has to make money to pay for the site. I don't begrudge sites for doing things that I know when I arrive at them that they might do. The problem is most people don't know what sites do behind the scenes. There is lots of money to be made aggregating, tracking and selling info. Very simple sites that you would never suspect, like many of the word press blogs and etc also frame in ads that use these flash cookies. And there are MANY more than the ones noted in this article. You can take control of your being tracked in this area by using fire fox and installing a free add on called better privacy. ( I tried to add the link but soda won't allow https links - so just google Firefox add on better privacy) Where at the end of any browsing session you can have it ...
    Sometimes I do my own laundry and sometimes I don't :P - But I'd like to address the tracking issue. I saw that when it came out. I have built a lot of websites and still occasionally do and consult to builders from time to time. ( Amongst other things ) So these trackers are framed into the site and arrive in some of the ads. Soda uses ads to make money. The cookies in question don't deliver info to Soda unless they made a deal with them to do so and I would highly doubt that is part of the deal. Soda is free to users and has to make money to pay for the site. I don't begrudge sites for doing things that I know when I arrive at them that they might do. The problem is most people don't know what sites do behind the scenes. There is lots of money to be made aggregating, tracking and selling info. Very simple sites that you would never suspect, like many of the word press blogs and etc also frame in ads that use these flash cookies. And there are MANY more than the ones noted in this article. You can take control of your being tracked in this area by using fire fox and installing a free add on called better privacy. ( I tried to add the link but soda won't allow https links - so just google Firefox add on better privacy) Where at the end of any browsing session you can have it auto delete flash cookies or you can pick which ones to delete at any time - even immediately after viewing a page. Not all flash cookies are bad and some are helpful to the navigation of sites. I highly recommend using this freebie however. I don't like flash cookies to be saved unless I am using a site that needs to aggregate my previous time spent there for a specific reason such as I put items in a shopping cart that will save for 24 hrs - but if I delete the flash cookie I will lose the cart. Or many game sites will keep your previous progress for you until you delete the flash cookies - in which case you will start all over. These are just two examples of how flash cookies may benefit some users. The other side of the coin is where there is no benefit to anyone but those who placed the cookie. Hope this helps.

• Lennon 2011/04/09 21:31:27
    Lennon
    +3
    Quite a few cookies which don't seem to have any useful function (at least for me).

One of 'em was set to expire in September 2038. WTF?
  • Lennon Lennon 2011/04/09 22:25:58
    Lennon
    +2
    Just checked again... Found another set to expire on the 9th of October 2011.

Changed my cookie settings to delete when I close my browser.
  • jajanet Lennon 2011/04/10 02:00:00
    jajanet
    +1
    how do we do this fresh baked cookies  fresh baked cookies  ranger cookies  sugar cookies   cookies  for SANTA

OK I AM HUNGRY and all I have is a cann of tuna and lettuce and a few organic carrots. hungry cann tuna lettuce organic carrots lettuce wraps
  • jajanet Lennon 2011/04/09 23:02:40
    jajanet
    +1
    2+3+8 ===== 13 ironic indeed
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2011/04/09 21:24:10
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    +4
    Oh wow. The government must hate me.
  • jajanet Isma'il... 2011/04/09 23:03:28 (edited)
    jajanet
    you an AMERICAN CITIZEN BORN AND RAISED ARE THE ENEMY

now if you were an illegal or a refugee they would be less inclined to care about you american citizen born raised enemy illegal refugee inclined care WELCOME TO AMERICA   ILLEGAL CROSSING OF THE BORDERS
  • LesWaggoner BN 1 2011/04/09 21:23:08
    LesWaggoner BN 1
    +7
    My life is pretty open and I don't really care who looks into it.

On sodahead I voice my opinion about the government and the idiots who make decisions that affect our daily lives and I don't care who knows how i feel.

Hey...you there...NSA...you suck just as much as the rest of the federal government. Just like a bunch of hapless idiots.
  • DDogbreath 2011/04/09 21:16:04
    DDogbreath
    +7
    Good I should keep those fuckers at the NSA pretty busy!
  • jajanet DDogbreath 2011/04/09 23:08:25
    jajanet
    +2
    GIVE 'EM SOMETHING TO READ AND THINK ABOUT em read NSA SPOOKSTERS em read NSA SPOOKSTERS em read REX 84 em read REX 84
  • DDogbreath jajanet 2011/04/10 04:43:45
  • jajanet DDogbreath 2011/04/10 09:40:04 (edited)
    jajanet
    +1
    I found that flow chart in the CARTOON SECTION OF PHOTO SHOP BUT YEAH KNOW IT IS PRETTY ACCURATE.

I read in DNA Pirates of the Scacred Sprial by Dr. Len Horowitz that the Bush family and Bin Ladin Family both held stock in the same BIO PORT company that made anthrax. Back in the 90's the company was broken into and anthrax was stolen. YES.... this is true The company was located in MY HOME TOWN... of Lansing MI it since closed but I remember the news event like it was yesterday. When the company was being courted by the state commerse department as a foot in the door of alternative technologies as a way to diversify Michigan so we would not be so dependent on the auto industry bio technology was being likened unto the silicone valley of California. WELL THAT FELL FLAT ON IT S FACE after the break in.

When I read that I started to CONNECT THE DOTS

this seems to be common knowledge ...HIDDEN IN PLAIN VIEW LOLOL

AND LET ME TELL YOU ....I am not that smart lolol

I read in DNA Pirates of the Scacred Sprial by Dr. Len Horowitz that the Bush family and Bin Ladin Family both held stock in the same BIO PORT company that made anthrax. Back in the 90's the company was broken into and anthrax was stolen. YES.... this is true The company was located in MY HOME TOWN... of Lansing MI it since closed but I remember the news event like it was yesterday. When the company was being courted by the state commerse department as a foot in the door of alternative technologies as a way to diversify Michigan so we would not be so dependent on the auto industry bio technology was being likened unto the silicone valley of California. WELL THAT FELL FLAT ON IT S FACE after the break in. auto industry bio technology silicone valley california flat break falling flat our your face

technology silicone valley california flat break read connect dots bioport

AND LET ME TELL YOU ....I am not that smart lolol connect dots common hidden plain view lolol smart lolol garfiled cartoon I am not a genious
  • jajanet jajanet 2011/04/10 09:48:37
    jajanet
    If I turn up missing search for me at gitmo or puuuuurrrrrrhaps in an underground bunker????

turn missing search gitmo puuuuurrrrrrhaps underground bunker garfiled cartoon garfield behind bars

2014/08/20 08:55:06