What Does the NSA Know About SodaHeads?

brtndr 2011/04/09 20:52:44

brtndr
4/9/2011

Are you like me, and question the purpose of SodaHeads "business concept", of having a "consolidated" centralized, message boards, voting polls on a social networking site? One that includes a very large range of different topics, from questions as trivial as, "Do you do your Own Laundry?", to some of the more relevant and important questions like, "Where were you on 9/11?" Is it just about making money by carving out your own niche in the social networking market, or could there be a darker and more threatening purpose?

Maybe, the following article below might help answer my SodaHead question for the day?

The Allegation

In early August of 2009, "A lawsuit was filed in federal court alleging that a group of well-know websites, including those owned by Disney, Warner Bros. Records, and Demand Media, broke the law by secretly tracking web movements of their users, including children.

The suit alleges that Clearspring Technologies, a software company that creates widgets and also offers a way to serve ads via widgets, is at the center of the wrongdoing.

Website operators such as Disney, Playlist.com, and SodaHead are "Clearspring Flash Cookie Affiliates," the plaintiffs allege in their suit. Clearspring set "Flash cookies on (affiliate site) users' computers.....online tracking device(s) which would allow access to and disclosure of internet users' online information.""

http://news.cnet.com/8301-31001_3-20013672-261.html?part=rss&...

The Interview

Now, strongly consider the allegations contained in that lawsuit, and compare it to the statements made by SodaHead founder Jason Feffer in a interview with socialtech.com back in 2007 when SH was first launched.

Q: What is Sodahead?

Jason Feffer: "SodaHead is social voting. It's not a new concept for people to vote,
answer questions, and take polls--people have been doing that for
awhile. However, the media of the Internet has allowed people to add
the social aspect to it."

"People vote on polls on the internet, constantly, but now we're bring the social element, and we're going to track that vote with your profile."

Q: So this is sort of like an enhanced message board--where people can ask questions and get opinions?

Jason Feffer:"Exactly, but there are millions of them out there--but they're not aggregated, they're not consolidated--They're just out there."

"They're not tracking your votes across sites, your profile, or your comments. So let's take the wonderful world of message boards which we love, and
put them under one roof. We have over 200 categories on our site, and
we don't want to be niche.

We'll allow these niches to happen under each category but you don't have to recreate your profile, your reputation, or anything like that. On top of all that, we offer the concept of a reputation--a track record and a history."

http://www.socaltech.com/interview_with_jason_feffer__founder...

Boy, Mr. Feffer sure likes to use the term "tracking" and "consolidate" a lot. Nothing suspicious about that I guess? Unless, your company is included in a federal lawsuit alleging that it broke the law by secretly tracking its users movements on the internet.Then the true objectives of SodaHead, perhaps, becomes just a little-bit more suspicious I think.

Then, if you tie-in Jason Feffer statements concerning SodaHead, and the allegations made in that California federal lawsuit, along with the recent news about the NSA's massive secret data collection operation, of U.S. citizens via their cell phones and computers. (available at the links below)
http://www.usatoday.com/news/washington/2006-05-10-nsa_x.htm

http://www.uaff.info/group_calls_for_hearings_into_google.htm

http://www.ldsfreedomforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t;=13294

Then suddenly, the purpose of SodaHead suddenly turns a lot more sinister in nature and in conduct.

There's Something About Mikey?

If you go to SodaHeads Wikipedia page, and read the small history portion about who was behind the founding of Sodahead? It will tell you this....

"SodaHead was founded by Jason Feffer, former vice president of operations at MySpace, and his childhood friend Michael Glazer."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SodaHead.com

OK, I think we can all, pretty much agree, that we know who Jason Feffer is, and what he's all about. But who's this Michael Glazer person? Well, the odd thing is, for a guy that co-founded a social networking internet site, that is accused of secretly tracking American citizens, and their children. There's not a lot of information about Mikey available for the general public, which is kind of unusual for a "supposedly" everyday "event planner" American citizen, who has produced TV shows as popular as, "Fear Factor" and Dr. Phil.

I could Google my own SH username "brtndr" right now, and get a lot more information about myself, then I could about Mikey "The Chimp" Glazer. And I haven't produced one popular American TV Show.

However, the small amount of information available about Mr. Glazer, may reveal what SodaHead is really all about. On Mr. Glazer's Wikipedia bio page it says that he "attended the prestigious boarding school Deerfield Academy, in Deerfield Massachusetts." An "Elite" prestigious private 4 year college preparatory school, whose alumni include U.S. congressman and Senators, a few members of the "elite" Rockefeller banking dynasty, a one time chairman of Goldman Sachs, a lot of people who worked in the media and a whole bunch of foreign ambassador's.

Most of the "prestigious" alumni of Deerfield Academy would later go on to attend "prestigious" elite Ivy league colleges such as Harvard, Columbia and Yale. Where they would later become Skull and Bones, Wolf's Head Society or Schroll and Key secrete society members, before being released onto the general public, to begin their careers of robbing, lying and murdering for the sake of their own personal wealth and success.

Of coarse, just because Mikey "The Chimp" Glazer went to the same elite prep-school as a lot of our former and current corporate media, war profiteering banking slave masters and politicians did, doesn't necessarily make "The Chimp" a bad guy. However, when you take into account the statements by Jason Feffer on the purpose of SodaHead, which is to track, consolidate and build a profile of you that is based on your personal questions, answers and information on your SH domain page. Then take into account that federal lawsuit alleging that SodaHead is apart of a large corporate data collection operation that is secretly tracking what sites you visit on the internet, along with the NSA.

I believe you should think twice before answering that trivial SH question about, "Do you do your own Laundry?"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylFd5gEsqZg

• safari 2011/04/10 08:33:57 (edited)
    safari
    +8
    Sometimes I do my own laundry and sometimes I don't :P - But I'd like to address the tracking issue. I saw that when it came out. I have built a lot of websites and still occasionally do and consult to builders from time to time. ( Amongst other things ) So these trackers are framed into the site and arrive in some of the ads. Soda uses ads to make money. The cookies in question don't deliver info to Soda unless they made a deal with them to do so and I would highly doubt that is part of the deal. Soda is free to users and has to make money to pay for the site. I don't begrudge sites for doing things that I know when I arrive at them that they might do. The problem is most people don't know what sites do behind the scenes. There is lots of money to be made aggregating, tracking and selling info. Very simple sites that you would never suspect, like many of the word press blogs and etc also frame in ads that use these flash cookies. And there are MANY more than the ones noted in this article. You can take control of your being tracked in this area by using fire fox and installing a free add on called better privacy. ( I tried to add the link but soda won't allow https links - so just google Firefox add on better privacy) Where at the end of any browsing session you can have it ...
    Sometimes I do my own laundry and sometimes I don't :P - But I'd like to address the tracking issue. I saw that when it came out. I have built a lot of websites and still occasionally do and consult to builders from time to time. ( Amongst other things ) So these trackers are framed into the site and arrive in some of the ads. Soda uses ads to make money. The cookies in question don't deliver info to Soda unless they made a deal with them to do so and I would highly doubt that is part of the deal. Soda is free to users and has to make money to pay for the site. I don't begrudge sites for doing things that I know when I arrive at them that they might do. The problem is most people don't know what sites do behind the scenes. There is lots of money to be made aggregating, tracking and selling info. Very simple sites that you would never suspect, like many of the word press blogs and etc also frame in ads that use these flash cookies. And there are MANY more than the ones noted in this article. You can take control of your being tracked in this area by using fire fox and installing a free add on called better privacy. ( I tried to add the link but soda won't allow https links - so just google Firefox add on better privacy) Where at the end of any browsing session you can have it auto delete flash cookies or you can pick which ones to delete at any time - even immediately after viewing a page. Not all flash cookies are bad and some are helpful to the navigation of sites. I highly recommend using this freebie however. I don't like flash cookies to be saved unless I am using a site that needs to aggregate my previous time spent there for a specific reason such as I put items in a shopping cart that will save for 24 hrs - but if I delete the flash cookie I will lose the cart. Or many game sites will keep your previous progress for you until you delete the flash cookies - in which case you will start all over. These are just two examples of how flash cookies may benefit some users. The other side of the coin is where there is no benefit to anyone but those who placed the cookie. Hope this helps.

• jajanet A Lionh... 2011/04/10 14:45:11
  • jajanet jajanet 2011/04/10 16:39:25
  • This is W³ jajanet 2012/05/21 09:12:40
    This is W³
    LOL!!!
  • Sofahead jajanet 2011/04/10 19:45:46
    Sofahead
    Well, it is, sorta...
    It's finding out what you elected to keep secret,
    much like being outted for not being completely transparent.
  • Tom 2011/04/10 03:30:20
    Tom
    +1
    usually I do my own laundry, but at the moment I have someone else doing it
  • Boris D. 2011/04/10 03:29:06
    Boris D.
    +4
    Twitter Tapping

Published: December 12, 2009

The government is increasingly monitoring Facebook, Twitter and other social networking sites for tax delinquents, copyright infringers and political protesters.

(Political protesters???)

A public interest group has filed a lawsuit to learn more about this monitoring, in the hope of starting a national discussion and modifying privacy laws as necessary for the online era.

Law enforcement is not saying a lot about its social surveillance, but examples keep coming to light...
    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/1...
  • jajanet Boris D. 2011/04/10 13:37:36 (edited)
    jajanet
    +2
    PLEASE check out my previous post regarding phone sex monitoring

hey we need to keep these trolls busy with the important issues of the day post phone sex monitoring hey trolls busy important issues grafield being spyed on
  • Boris D. 2011/04/10 02:58:19
    Boris D.
    +2
    Democracy Going Dark: The Electronic Police State
    The FBI's Multi-Billion "High-Tech Surveillance" Program
    by Tom Burghardt

The Federal Bureau of Investigation's budget request for fiscal year 2010 reveals that America's political police intend to greatly expand their high-tech surveillance capabilities.

According to ABC News, the FBI is seeking additional funds for the development of "a new 'Advanced Electronic Surveillance' program which is being funded at $233.9 million for 2010. The program has 133 employees, 15 of whom are agents."

Known as "Going Dark," the program is designed to beef up the Bureau's already formidable electronic surveillance, intelligence collection and evidence gathering capabilities "as well as those of the greater Intelligence Community," ABC reports. An FBI spokesperson told the network:

"The term 'Going Dark' does not refer to a specific capability, but is a program name for the part of the FBI, Operational Technology Division's (OTD) lawful interception program which is shared with other law enforcement agencies."

"The term applies to the research and development of new tools, technical support and training initiatives." (Jason Ryan, "DOJ Budget Details High-Tech Crime Fighting Tools," ABC News, May 9, 2009)

Led by Assistant Director Marc...

&&

by Tom Burghardt

Led by Assistant Director Marcus C. Thomas, OTD describes the office as supporting "the FBI’s investigative and intelligence-gathering efforts – and those of our federal, state, and local law enforcement/intelligence partners – with a wide range of sophisticated technological equipment, examination tools and capabilities, training, and specialized experience. You won’t hear about our work on the evening news because of its highly sensitive nature, but you will continue to hear about the fruits of our labor..."

According to OTD's website, the Division possesses "seven core capabilities": Digital Forensics; Electronic Surveillance; Physical Surveillance; Special Technology and Applications; Tactical Communications; Tactical Operations and finally, Technical Support/Coordination.

Under the heading "Electronic Surveillance," OTD deploys "tools and techniques for performing lawfully-authorized intercepts of wired and wireless telecommunications and data network communications technologies; enhancing unintelligible audio; and working with the communications industry as well as regulatory and legislative bodies to ensure that our continuing ability to conduct electronic surveillance will not be impaired as technology evolves."

But as we have seen throughout the entire course of the so-called "war on terror," systemic constitutional breeches by the FBI – from their abuse of National Security Letters, the proliferation of corporate-dominated Fusion Centers to the infiltration of provocateurs into antiwar and other dissident groups – the only thing "impaired" by an out-of-control domestic spy agency have been the civil liberties of Americans.

Communications Backdoor Provided by Telecom Grifters

While the Bureau claims that it performs "lawfully-authorized intercepts" in partnership with the "communications industry," also known as telecommunications' grifters, the available evidence suggests otherwise.

As Antifascist Calling reported last year, security consultant and whistleblower Babak Pasdar, in a sworn affidavit to the Government Accountability Project (GAP), provided startling details about the collusive – and profitable alliance – between the FBI and America's wireless carriers.

Pasdar furnished evidence that FBI agents have instantly transferred data along a high-speed computer circuit to a Bureau technology office in Quantico, Virginia. The so-called Quantico Circuit was provided to the FBI by Verizon, The Washington Post revealed.

According to published reports, the company maintains a 45 megabit/second DS-3 digital line that allowed the FBI and other security agencies virtually "unfettered access" to the carrier's wireless network, including billing records and customer data "transferred wirelessly." Verizon and other telecom giants have supplied FBI technical specialists with real-time access to customer data.

"The circuit was tied to the organization's core network," Pasdar wrote. Such access would expose customers' voice calls, data packets, even their physical movements and geolocation to uncontrolled – and illegal – surveillance.

In April, Wired obtained documents from the FBI under a Freedom of Information Act request. Those files demonstrate how the Bureau's "geek squad" routinely hack into wireless, cellular and computer networks.

Although the FBI released 152 heavily-redacted pages, they withheld another 623, claiming a full release would reveal a "sensitive investigative technique." Nevertheless, Wired discovered that the FBI is deploying spyware called a "computer internet protocol address verifier," or CIPAV, designed to infiltrate a target's computer and gather a wide range of information, "which it sends to an FBI server in eastern Virginia." While the documents do not detail CIPAV's capabilities, an FBI affidavit from a 2007 case indicate it gathers and reports,

a computer's IP address; MAC address; open ports; a list of running programs; the operating system type, version and serial number; preferred internet browser and version; the computer's registered owner and registered company name; the current logged-in user name and the last-visited URL.

After sending the information to the FBI, the CIPAV settles into a silent "pen register" mode, in which it lurks on the target computer and monitors its internet use, logging the IP address of every server to which the machine connects. (Kevin Poulsen, "FBI Spyware Has Been Snaring Extortionists, Hackers for Years," Wired, April 16, 2009)

"Going Dark" is ostensibly designed to help the Bureau deal with technological changes and methods to intercept Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) phone calls facilitated by programs such as Skype. But a tool that can seamlessly target hackers and cyber-criminals can just as easily be deployed against political opponents.

The FBI also intends to continue their use of automated link and behavioral analysis derived from data mining as investigative tools. As a subset of applied mathematics, social network theory and its derivatives, link- and behavioral analysis, purport to uncover hidden relationships amongst social groups and networks. Over time, it has become an invasive tool deployed by private- and state intelligence agencies against political activists, most recently, as Antifascist Calling reported in February, against protest groups organizing against the Republican National Convention.

These methods raise very troubling civil liberties' and privacy concerns. The Electronic Privacy Information Coalition (EPIC) filed a Freedom of Information Act request, demanding that the General Services Administration (GSA) turn over agency records "concerning agreements the GSA negotiated between federal agencies and social networking services, including Flickr, YouTube, Vimeo, Blip.tv, and Facebook."

With the proliferation of social networking sites, applications allow users to easily share information about themselves with others. But as EPIC points out, "Many online services relay information about online associations as users create new relationships. While government agencies may use social networking, cloud computing, and Internet services to create greater transparency on their activities, it remains unclear if there are data collection, use, and sharing limitations."

And with "information discoverability" all the rage amongst spooky security agencies ranging from the FBI to the NSA, "connecting the dots," particularly when it comes to dissident Americans, "is gaining increasing attention from homeland security officials and experts in their ongoing attempt to corral anti-terrorism information that resides across federal, state and local jurisdictions," Federal Computer Week reports.

Will an agreement between Facebook and the FBI facilitate "dot connecting" or will it serve as a new, insidious means to widen the surveillance net, building ever-more intrusive electronic case files on dissident Americans?

The Electronic Police State

As Antifascist Calling reported earlier this month, citing the Electronic Frontier Foundation's (EFF) dossier on the FBI's Investigative Data Warehouse (IDW), the office had "transitioned to the operations and maintenance phase during FY 2008" and now possesses some "997,368,450 unique searchable documents," ready for data mining.

But as study after study has revealed, most recently the comprehensive examination of various programs by the National Research Council, automated data mining is "likely to generate huge numbers of false leads."

Because the mountainous volumes of data "mined" for "actionable intelligence" are drawn from dozens of disparate sources on terrorism or criminal suspects, "they have an enormous potential for privacy violations because they will inevitably force targeted individuals to explain and justify their mental and emotional states."

EFF documented that the Bureau's Telephone Application (TA) "provides a central repository for telephone data obtained from investigations." TA allegedly functions as an "investigative tool ... for all telephone data collected during the course of FBI investigations. Included are pen register data, toll records, trap/trace, tape-edits, dialed digits, airnet (pager intercepts), cellular activity, push-to-talk, and corresponding subscriber information."

Additionally, the civil liberties' group revealed that "records obtained through National Security Letters are placed in the Telephone Application, as well as the IDW by way of the ACS [Automated Case] system." It would appear that "Going Dark" will serve as a research subsystem feeding the insatiable appetite of the Investigative Data Warehouse.

In fact, these programs are part and parcel of what the security website Cryptohippie refers to as the Electronic Police State. Far from keeping us safe from all manner of dastardly plots hatched by criminals and/or terrorists, Cryptohippie avers:

An electronic police state is quiet, even unseen. All of its legal actions are supported by abundant evidence. It looks pristine.

An electronic police state is characterized by this:

State use of electronic technologies to record, organize, search and distribute forensic evidence against its citizens.

The two crucial facts about the information gathered under an electronic police state are these:

It is criminal evidence, ready for use in a trial.
    It is gathered universally and silently, and only later organized for use in prosecutions.
    In an Electronic Police State, every surveillance camera recording, every email you send, every Internet site you surf, every post you make, every check you write, every credit card swipe, every cell phone ping... are all criminal evidence, and they are held in searchable databases, for a long, long time. Whoever holds this evidence can make you look very, very bad whenever they care enough to do so. You can be prosecuted whenever they feel like it – the evidence is already in their database. ("The Electronic Police State, 2008 National Rankings," Cryptohippie, no date.)

Unfortunately, this is not the stuff of paranoid fantasies, but American reality in the year 2009; one unlikely to change in the foreseeable future.

In addition to "Going Dark," the FBI is busily constructing what ABC News refers to as the "development of the Biometric Technology Center, a Joint Justice, FBI and DoD program." At a cost of $97.6 million, the center will function as a research and development arm of the Bureau's Biometric Center of Excellence (BCOE), one which will eventually "be a vast database of personal data including fingerprints, iris scans and DNA which the FBI calls the Next Generation Identification (NGI)."

The program is closely tied with technology under development by West Virginia University's Center for Identification Technology Research (CITeR). As the FBI's "lead academic partner in biometrics research" according to a Bureau press release, CITeR provides "biometrics research support to the FBI and its law enforcement and national security partners and serve as the FBI liaison to the academic community of biometric researchers nationwide."

Indeed, CITeR director Lawrence A. Hornak, "a visionary of the Big Brother school of technology" told The Register, he awaits the day "when devices will be able to 'recognize us and adapt to us'." The "long-term goal," Hornak declared, is the "ubiquitous use of biometrics."

But as The Register pointed out when the program was publicly rolled-out, "civil libertarians and privacy advocates are not amused."

They claim that the project presents nightmare scenarios of stolen biometric information being used for ever-more outlandish forms of identity theft, which would be nearly impossible to correct. Correcting an inaccurate credit report is already an insulting and hair-raising experience in America, and critics contend that the use of biometrics would make correcting inaccurate credit reports or criminal histories nearly impossible. Besides, they argue, the US government does not exactly have a sterling record when it comes to database security – what happens when, as seems inevitable, the database is hacked and this intimate and allegedly indisputable data is compromised? ...

Databases usually become less accurate, rather than more, the older and bigger they get, because there's very little incentive for the humans that maintain them to go back and correct old, inaccurate information rather than simply piling on new information. Data entry typically trumps data accuracy. Furthermore, the facial recognition technology in its current iteration is woefully inaccurate, with recognition rates as low as 10 per cent at night. All in all, there is ample reason for skepticism – not that it will make much of a difference. (Burke Hansen, "FBI preps $1bn biometric database," The Register, December 24, 2007)

But WVU's CITeR isn't the only partner lining-up to feed at the FBI's trough. ABC reports that the Bureau "has awarded the NGI contract to Lockheed Martin to update and maintain the database which is expected to come online in 2010. After being fully deployed the NGI contract could cost up to $1 billion."

However, Federal Computer Week reported in 2008 that although the initial contract will "consist of a base year," the potential for "nine option years" means that "the value of the multiyear contract ... could be higher." You can bet it will!

Additional firms on Lockheed Martin's "team" as subcontractors include IBM, Accenture, BAE Systems, Global Science & Technology, Innovative Management & Technology Services and Platinum Solutions. In other words, NGI is yet another in a gigantic herd of cash cows enriching the Military-Industrial-Security Complex.

Democracy "Going Dark"

The "vast apparatus of domestic spying" described by the World Socialist Web Site, greatly expanded under the criminal Bush regime is a permanent feature of the capitalist state; one that will continue to target political dissent during a period of profound economic crisis.

That the Obama administration, purportedly representing fundamental change from the previous government, has embraced the felonious methods of the Bush crime family and its capo tutti capo, Richard Cheney, should surprise no one. Like their Republican colleagues, the Democrats are equally complicit in the antidemocratic programs of repression assembled under the mendacious banner of the "global war on terror."

From warrantless wiretapping to the suppression of information under cover of state secrets, and from the waging of imperialist wars of conquest to torture, the militarist mind-set driving capitalist elites at warp speed towards an abyss of their own creation, are signs that new political provocations are being prepared by America's permanent "shadow government" – the military-intelligence-corporate apparatus.

This article originally appeared on GlobalResearch.ca.

August 24, 2009

Tom Burghardt is a researcher and activist based in the San Francisco Bay Area. In addition to publishing in Covert Action Quarterly and Global Research, an independent research and media group of writers, scholars, journalists and activists based in Montreal, his articles can be read on Dissident Voice, The Intelligence Daily, Pacific Free Press and the whistleblowing website Wikileaks. He is the editor of Police State America: U.S. Military "Civil Disturbance" Planning, distributed by AK Press.
  • jajanet Boris D. 2011/04/10 13:42:26
  • lee 2011/04/10 02:34:18
    lee
    +1
    Your on to us.

Liberals have been trying to flush out the crazy reactionary nut bags from yahoo buzz and sodahead has been phenomonally sucessful at that.

now we gotcha.
  • brtndr lee 2011/04/10 02:43:07
    brtndr
    +2
    LOL.....

I proudly consider myself a "flushed out nut bag"! Thank you for that vote and comment of my personal achievement.
  • lee brtndr 2011/04/10 02:46:23
    lee
    +2
    I bow to you sir.
  • brtndr lee 2011/04/10 04:13:38
    brtndr
    No, I bow to you sir.
  • Anton de Bergerac BN 2 2011/04/10 02:33:37
    Anton de Bergerac BN 2
    +2
    Anyone who has a problem will figure out how to use the available information.So every time you put any thing out there you are taking some risk. The question is how much risk you perceive and how much you are willing to tolerate. If I were younger and less sure of the path my life would take I might be more careful.
  • Alien Ramone 2011/04/10 02:29:19
    Alien Ramone
    +6
    I always wondered why most of the official SodaHead political questions are pushing the left-right paradigm, and I wondered how a group that is perceptive enough to put together such a popular website could be so clueless about what the real power structure is. Now I see that it is just an act.
  • brtndr Alien R... 2011/04/10 02:44:20
    brtndr
    +3
    Yup, I agree.
  • JanHopkins 2011/04/10 02:26:33
    JanHopkins
    +2
    They must be assuming that everything we say is our honest opinion. For instance I could claim I do my own laundry when I actually make someone else do it...or maybe not. We should hold a LIARS week and screw them up entirely.
  • jajanet JanHopkins 2011/04/10 16:30:39
    jajanet
    +1
    I love this idea when can we start. omg this could send agents scarmbling all over the nation turning every rock and looking behind every bush for the big bad american who is eating to many M&Ms .... agents scarmbling nation turning rock bush american eating mampms surveliance and face recognition units spying on americans
  • JanHopkins jajanet 2011/04/10 19:13:46
    JanHopkins
    I think that's only fair. They lie to us all the time. Let's turn the tables on them.
  • jajanet JanHopkins 2011/04/10 19:34:43
    jajanet
    +1
    but we could get arrested due the thought crime legislation over something we might do or thought of doing or might think of doing. What next the dream police?

• JanHopkins jajanet 2011/04/10 21:01:29
    JanHopkins
    Oh boy! Will I be in trouble then!
  • Lovepirate JanHopkins 2011/04/10 20:17:25
    Lovepirate
    +1
    If I bag, tag, and send my laundry "out", is that considered "doing it"? It does come back, clean and folded. And by "doing your own laundry", we're only talking about washing articles of soiled apparel and linens, right? Not those pictures of dead presidents/founding fathers with all the numbers on 'em that are printed by The Federal Reserve Bank as "fiat currency"...? Maybe a good follow-up question might be: "Who launders YOUR money?" How about "One Hour Monetizing"? I know, I'm sounding like a "nutted out flush bag"... (Er "flushed out nut bag"...) Maybe I'm just not getting enough fluoride...
  • JanHopkins Lovepirate 2011/04/10 21:02:51
    JanHopkins
    Or maybe there's not enough lead in your plumbing.LOL.
  • Willie 2011/04/10 02:03:38
    Willie
    +2
    Meh. I'm a bigmouth with a penchant for blabbering on this and another, more comedy oriented, web site. I'm also an Anarcho-Syndicalist and fervent admirer of Trotsky who got an advanced degree in economics from a university with a reputation for having an almost exclusively Marxist faculty in the economics department. I'm a member of and donor to the ACLU, Amnesty International, Human Rights Campaign, Workers Solidarity Alliance and the Fourth International. I'm an open atheist and general anti-authoritarian.

I just had a pretty serious background check done on my for the purpose of new employment that involves government grant money and contact with children.

Clean as a whistle. Not a word about any of the organizations I belong to, websites I write on, money I donate, political leanings, religious affiliations, NOTHING. Of course, there's nothing illegal about any of what I do, and none of the organizations I am affiliated with are listed as terrorist supporting or hate crime affiliated or anything like that.

I did a google search for myself, but my name is so common that I had to go four pages deep to find a hit that was actually me. And that was a notice about a musical performance I gave.

Maybe I should be more concerned, but I'm not.
  • Anton d... Willie 2011/04/10 02:31:17
    Anton de Bergerac BN 2
    I am out there very easy to find very easy to know what I am about. On the other hand I won my own business have no desire to work for any one else ever so I can't easily be hurt.

I spent a lot of time trying to understand the various anarchist. Interesting and diverse group.Ontheleft.org used to have a dynamic discussion group just for anarchist. Not that all anarchist are left.Far from it.
  • Jasmine 2011/04/10 02:02:16 (edited)
    Jasmine
    +4
    NSA knows anything and everything about me (or any other Soda Head) that it would care to know. There's no hiding regardless of who you are or what you have (or even haven't) done. Big Brother is alive and well.

nsa care hiding brother alive big brother

• JanHopkins Jasmine 2011/04/10 02:34:13
    JanHopkins
    +1
    Just googled myself. I don't think they know me yet.
  • Jasmine JanHopkins 2011/04/10 16:09:48
    Jasmine
    +1
    Well let's hope not. But if they want to know about you, they will and unfortunately you won't know one way or the other. Regardless of how public your info is (i.e. Google). Make suspicious sounding posts on SH, for example, and NSA will take note.
  • Willie Jasmine 2011/04/10 02:41:21
    Willie
    +3
    I suppose that they COULD know anything about you, but they'd have to be interested in order to start investigating. I'm probably not nearly as interesting as I think I am.
  • Jasmine Willie 2011/04/10 16:10:41
    Jasmine
    +2
    Yep. As I said, they can and will know about you if they care to.
  • Sir Bud. Jasmine 2011/04/10 11:17:40
    Sir Bud.
    +2
    I always wonder what the wives and families of NSA etc members feel about their personal spying and collecting of personal data activities.This "game"means that everybody watches everybody with no exceptions.
  • Jasmine Sir Bud. 2011/04/10 16:11:28
    Jasmine
    +1
    I doubt the wives and families of NSA staff know what their significant others, etc., do.
  • Sir Bud. Jasmine 2011/04/10 17:30:20 (edited)
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Well we know,so I guess they know too?.Bet brother,sister,mother and father in laws know too.Must be pretty superficial at thanksgiving and Christmas etc at their place!.LOL.
    bet brothersistermother father laws pretty superficial thanksgiving christmas lol  In laws
  • Sir Bud. Jasmine 2011/04/10 21:03:05
    Sir Bud.
    +1
    Like,"...How did the spying on peoples private lives go today darlin...!?.Oh sorry of course,another of your secrets.I shouldn't have asked!"..Just had to add that!.LOL.
  • Melizmatic 2011/04/10 01:33:49
  • Redskin 2011/04/10 01:25:25
  • Swany 2011/04/10 01:21:27
    Swany
    +6
    Big bro. and I are not on speaking terms but, I'm sure he knows a lot more about us than we know about him. bro speaking terms big bro
  • colette 2011/04/10 01:20:23
    colette
    +3
    Ok just for the record I just want to state here that I merely go to porn sites for research that is all! So if SH is tracking me please keep in mind I go to sites like Big Schlongs For Little Chicks and Spank You Very Much and Golden Showers Tinkle Tinkle Little Star to gather knowledge, that is all! There is nothing sinister going on I want to expand my mind that is all!!! And the same with my going to the numerous fan sites for William Hung, it is to only gain more insight into that highly talented singer and I am not a stalker to him, no matter what his lawyers say!!! But seriously, like I care if anyone tracks me and ehh I am not important enough for anyone to do that, so I don't care..I care more about tailgaters when I drive, damn those jerks!!!
  • Swany colette 2011/04/10 01:24:50
    Swany
    +3
    Honesty is the best policy..... I guess. I don't like tailgaters either.
  • colette Swany 2011/04/10 01:29:51
    colette
    +1
    Hehehe!!!

2014/07/31 13:39:46