What does being liberal mean to you?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/04/02 19:57:10
Related Topics: Liberal

• MikeArienti 2013/06/07 14:38:37
    It means this:
    MikeArienti
    What exactly does being liberal mean? Well, lately, it means:

1. I support the notion that the unemployment rate is around 8% when it's actually about 25% if you were to count everyone who quit seeking aid.
    2. I support Obama because anyone who doesn't is a racist.
    3. I believe Obama has kept every promise he's made.
    4. I ignore any evidence that doesn't fit my views because it has to be wrong.
    5. Anything Obama does wrong is G. W. Bush's fault.
    6. I believe negotiating with terrorists is the only way to stop them.
    7. I believe we can blame the gun when shootings happen but we should blame the driver when someone gets in a car accident.
    8. I beleive the government should do the thinking and I should shut up and follow their lead.
    9. I think God has no place in governing even though the nation was created by people who went to church regularly.
    10. I believe spending money we don't have will make us very wealthy...someday.

If you're liberal, you display your lack of common sense with a belief in the statements above because the facts prove otherwise. That is what being liberal means. It means you're in your own little world where reality is skewed so badly you have forgotten what a fact is.
  • Emma's Dilemma 2012/05/20 15:04:33 (edited)
    It means this:
    Emma's Dilemma
    It means believing that lazy, drug abusing, perverted retards who don't bath or shower are some how better people.
    It means this:
    Being stupid.
  • Piper 2012/04/04 18:42:25
    It means this:
    Piper
    That I've always hated bigotry, don't think it's okay to pollute and devastate our environment with impunity, think non-human animals deserve consideration and respect too, and don't assume that everyone going through hard times "brought it on themselves". Just a few things.......
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/04/03 12:43:51
    I think:
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    they are uninformed and or deny the realitys of life.
  • RocPaperScizors 2012/04/03 03:17:03
    It means this:
    RocPaperScizors
    +1
    Open-minded, progressive-thinking and one who thinks about others, not just their own kind.
  • Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA 2012/04/03 02:46:04
    It means this:
    Lawnmowerman~PWCM~JLA
    I are a mentally defective college student/graduate with no common sense who thinks everybody should listen to me because I'm intellectually superior to them even though nothing could be further from the truth.
  • RocPape... Lawnmow... 2012/04/03 03:19:13 (edited)
    RocPaperScizors
    Well that's not me, but last time I checked, I'm a lefty. However, you might want to check your grammar before you press submit. Just sayin'.
  • Soup Man 2012/04/03 01:53:38
    I think:
    Soup Man
    Hey liberals, how about lambasting ABC and NBC for doctoring video and 911 tapes to make it look like Zimmerman was a racist and uninjured. Bad enough someone lost his life, but to doctor evidence and refuse to report the true story is beyond disgusting. When the truth comes out the ratings drop. There's no sensationalism in self defense, eh ABC and NBC? Disgraceful.
  • S.M. 2012/04/03 00:41:07 (edited)
    I think:
    S.M.
    +1
    Well.....I don't like to offend, and I know there are some good liberal people out there...however. I think most are crybaby hypocrites who talk about tolerance, yet are mean and intolerant. Go on and on about equality, but they don't really want equality they want one up. They claim to believe in human rights, unless you are the smallest, weakest and most defenseless human, then they want the right to kill you based on stage of development and location discrimination. Stomp their feet that abortion is legal and you can't change it...BUT they want to change the law when it comes to Gay marriage (not saying that is right or wrong just pointing out the hypocrisy). So, sadly in general my view of liberals is that they are not really liberal. They just want to stomp their feet and get what they want when they want it and too bad for you and your morality. We can't cram that on them, but they can cram their stuff on us and we better shut up and take it or be called names. Sorry...Just saying it like I see it. My apologies to those who are not like that.
  • Mr.Reasonable 2012/04/03 00:26:39
    It means this:
    Mr.Reasonable
    Liberal,= Li - Liars Be - Be careful not to believe them Ra - Radical L - Left wing Naive Fools = Liberals
  • hari 2012/04/03 00:06:27
    I think:
    hari
    Definition furnished in some other opinions hence do not repeat ....... but like to add that ..... the way its defined ............ never has been practiced ........... i read in some SH profiles where some picture of Bald man with noting ......... " THE GREATNESS OF THIS MAN WAS HIS SIMPLICITY ---- LET US SEARCH ..... HIM ..... IN US "

Surprisingly nothing such attitude has been manifested in ' so called liberals ' that sucks
  • Kevin Verdone 2012/04/02 23:56:34
    It means this:
    Kevin Verdone
    Viva la (French) Revolution!

I remember learning that for liberalism (the real liberalism, not socialism like people call it) to succeed, the general population needs to be rational and educated, which goes hand in hand with a successful democracy.
  • Mr.Reas... Kevin V... 2012/04/03 00:28:27
    Mr.Reasonable
    +3
    America is NOT a democracy!! It is a democratic, Republic!
  • Kevin V... Mr.Reas... 2012/04/03 02:16:31
    Kevin Verdone
    I wasn't talking about America, I was talking about a model democracy. In a model democracy, the average person is well informed and rational.
  • Mr.Reas... Kevin V... 2012/04/03 02:27:58
    Mr.Reasonable
    A "modern democracy" is Two wolves and a sheep deciding what's for dinner.
  • Kevin V... Mr.Reas... 2012/04/03 05:21:33
    Kevin Verdone
    Well that's why I said model and not modern.
  • Mr.Reas... Kevin V... 2012/04/03 11:59:14
    Mr.Reasonable
    Same thing, ignorance is of no help to your case.
  • Kevin V... Mr.Reas... 2012/04/03 15:29:01
    Kevin Verdone
    Well seeing as how there are no countries that actually operate as a real democracy, there's no example of a modern democracy. Just because you misread my post doesn't mean you have to get defensive about it.
  • Mr.Reas... Kevin V... 2012/04/03 16:35:39
    Mr.Reasonable
    Not defensive about misreading your statement, just a bit hostile at your notion that made some difference in the point.
  • hasher 2012/04/02 23:33:16
    It means this:
    hasher
  • RocPape... hasher 2012/04/03 03:27:15
    RocPaperScizors
    +1
    I'm Canadian and I'm socially liberal but fiscally on the conservative side. I don't have a "smarter than thou" approach to conservatives and I don't believe that communism works. I listen to others and hear out every side. Politicians, whether Democrat or republican, have a hidden agenda. Both sides aren't perfect. Please don't blanket your opinion of leftists because it's not true. Thanks.
  • Icanbean Arschloch 2012/04/02 23:16:16
    I think:
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +1
    it means: Incapable of using common sense.
  • Waldorf 2012/04/02 22:11:42
    It means this:
    Waldorf
    +1
    Keeping more of mine and getting some of yours, whatever feels good.
  • relic 2012/04/02 22:01:39
    It means this:
    relic
  • WinterLynn 2012/04/02 21:58:31
  • Classic... WinterLynn 2012/04/02 23:19:38
    Classical Liberal
    +1
    Except that's not liberalism at all... in fact the organization Liberal International, despite advocating for universal access to education and healthcare, would oppose such measures.

In fact, to my knowledge, only in the United States does liberalism essentially mean socialism/fascism. Everywhere else, it means what libertarianism means here.
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/04/02 21:48:54
    It means this:
    Margaret Jacobson
    anything you want it to mean........
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾ 2012/04/02 21:43:24 (edited)
    I think:
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    To be a liberal means to have more government intervention in economic affairs and to stress the individuality of every person, which liberal believe is inheritently good.

Being in favor of progress and believing in the personal liberties of the people over the power of government.

liberal means to give every one an equal right to accomplish their dreams, hopes and goals. Not just a specific group of individuals
  • WinterLynn ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/02 22:09:52
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... WinterLynn 2012/04/02 23:21:00
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +1
    Doucebag Alert
    doucebag god doucebag god doucebag god
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... WinterLynn 2012/04/04 00:07:59
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    As the government of the United States of America is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion..."

From Article 11 of the Treaty of Tripoli 1797. Unanimously ratified by the U.S. Senate and signed by President John Adams.

freedom of Religion means all religion
  • WinterLynn ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/04 13:36:48
  • MikeAri... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2013/06/07 14:38:01
    MikeArienti
    +3
    This treaty is not US law. We were founded on Christian principles. Yes, it's freedom of ANY religion but it does not include the right to persecute only the Christian holidays and expressions of Christian tradition.
  • The Gip... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/02 22:14:08
    The Gipper~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    You have the right to accomplish your dreams! It's just too bad that a large part of the liberal masses seem to be dreaming of doing nothing and being kept alive by everyone else's efforts and expense!
  • Classic... ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/02 23:17:18
    Classical Liberal
    I suggest you read what I wrote.

Generally, more government meddling in any affairs is a bad idea. Freedom is far more constructive than coercion.
  • S.M. ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/03 00:45:43
    S.M.
    Unless you are a fetus.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... S.M. 2012/04/03 00:49:13
    ☥☽✪☾DAW ☽✪☾
    +2
    this is not a person

What the Bible says about Abortion

Abortion is not murder. A fetus is not considered a human life.
    If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for life. -- Exodus 21:22-23

The Bible places no value on fetuses or infants less than one month old.
    And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver. -- Leviticus 27:6

Fetuses and infants less than one month old are not considered persons.
    Number the children of Levi after the house of their fathers, by their families: every male from a month old and upward shalt thou number them. And Moses numbered them according to the word of the LORD. -- Numbers 3:15-16
  • S.M. ☥☽✪☾DAW... 2012/04/03 00:54:57
    S.M.
    +1
    NOPE, NOPE , NOPE. We all begin at conception. We are not an egg, or a sperm. we are US when the two meet. It is a new human being at conception. And I am not religous. When we go backwards through our life stages, it goes back to the very start. The time when were were not, until the time we first exisited.It is the moment of conception. All of our life stages are equally important and we are just as valuable in all of them. Had I "aborted" any one of my 4 sons...I would have been killing them! Not a houseplant.
  • ☥☽✪☾DAW... S.M. 2012/04/03 03:18:11

2014/10/24 10:01:20