What do you think of the punishment? Students Who Bullied Bus Monitor Suspended

Kyle 2012/06/30 02:01:24
Related Topics: Student, Bus, US, Id, students

• Aingean 2012/06/30 02:04:42
    To Harsh
    Aingean
    +6
    Where is the other choice? Suspension isn't a good punishment its a vacation. They should be scrapping gum out from under all the district school bus's seats that would be a good punishment.

• beach bum 2012/07/01 11:01:52
    She got what she deserved
    beach bum
    she got what she deserved
    To Harsh
    Not nearly harsh enough - suspension-good; suspended from all school activities for an entire school year or longer - good; public apology to the woman-good; legal charges for death threats-good; no riding on the bus again-good (this might get the parents attention)

Obviously they have no clue between right and wrong or this would never have happened - they are empty inside and products of their home environment.
  • Dandydon 2012/06/30 15:50:57
    To Harsh
    Dandydon
    Not harsh enough.

There was a time when the bus driver was all that was needed to handle these situations.
    Slowly through political correctness,the bus driver can't do what they need to do (whip the kids ass)
    So there's a new position made up,costing taxpayers more money (Bus Monitor) that can't do any more good then the bus driver...

Government causes problems,invent more Government jobs to claim they're going to fix the problem,make the problem worse in order to keep getting taxpayers money...
    Political correctness at it's finest....
  • JayRevolution 2012/06/30 15:15:58
    To Harsh
    JayRevolution
    I'm really confused by these choices.

But, suspension? You have got to be kidding me. I was suspended once for getting into a fight back in middle school (For those of you who know I'm a pacifist, this happened before I even knew what the word meant.) It was pretty much a weeks vacation for me. Sitting at home, hanging out, watching tv, playing video games.
  • sky blue pink - American 2012/06/30 08:01:25
    To Harsh
    sky blue pink - American
    +2
    Not harsh enough.
    Have a nice day !
  • sally 2012/06/30 06:56:12
    To Harsh
    sally
    +2
    The choices sound poorly worded to me, the stupid kids being mean to the poor lady should've gotten something else. That was harassment, they should've paid severely for their crime.
  • jubil8 BN-0 PON 2012/06/30 05:03:16
    She got what she deserved
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +1
    Your answers aren't very clear.

SHE got a large sum of money through donations (fine) and the satisfaction of knowing officials took what happened seriously. Do you have a problem with that?

Suspending kids in summertime doesn't strike me as much of a punishment.

If they'll be suspended when school begins, that's good. This incident should be part of their permanent records and follow them on college applications, job applications, etc.
  • Doreen 2012/06/30 04:51:47
    She got what she deserved
    Doreen
    +2
    I am assuming you mean the bus monitor got what she deserved by getting all of that support and money because she did deserve a little care and happiness after those foul children. Lets see, 1 year suspension, not ever being allowed to ride the bus again, 50 hours of community service, taking bullying prevention classes, and having to apologize. I think that is close enough but I also think that they should not be allowed to participate in any school provided extra curricular activities such as being on a sport team or the debate team or anything such as that.
  • Razoreye001 2012/06/30 04:25:43
    She got what she deserved
    Razoreye001
    +1
    I would have went with a harsher punishment maybe even send them to juvy for a few months.
  • Grabitz 2012/06/30 03:36:33
    She got what she deserved
    Grabitz
    She got a bunch of cash from the good people in this country to do with what she was working for , I am happy for her . I do not think that the punishment to harsh .The parents need to stop neglecting their children .
  • ♌βļąƈʞƦơșƐ3033♌ 2012/06/30 03:33:33
  • Quiet-is-feared 2012/06/30 03:09:00
    To Harsh
    Quiet-is-feared
    +1
    They deserve the suspension but I'd give them a more severe punishment. Like cleaning the floors with a tooth brush until their knees bleed. Something that goes along with the suspension.. maybe even have them prepare a speech in front of the whole school apologizing for their actions and telling everyone how wrong they were to act like that. lol. That'd teach them.
  • Mr. T 2012/06/30 02:19:02
    To Harsh
    Mr. T
    +2
    Since there is not "other" as a choice. The kids were pr!cks for sure, but she got over 600,000 for that in donations. Come on, people can harass me all day long for 600,000.
  • Just me ♥ 2012/06/30 02:18:17
    She got what she deserved
    Just me ♥
    +1
    Kyle~your answer choices don't make sense. The punishment was NOT too harsh and I don't think any of the tormentors were girls. Do you mean that the bus monitor got what she deserved? If so, do you mean by the 1/2 million dollars that she has recieved by donation or the torment that she got on the bus? I think that the kids should have been kicked off the bus for the remaining school year as well as the first semester of the next school year so in essence the parents would be held partially responsible for their child's poor behaivor and that other punishment should also be given. Perhaps cleaning bedpans at a local nursing home.
  • User Deactivated 2012/06/30 02:15:28 (edited)
    She got what she deserved
    User Deactivated
    They got what they deserved O.o Seems reasonable to me. Sometimes you have to make an example of the worst offenders so things don't continue the same way they are going and have been going for entirely too long. I think it's awesome that guy started a fund for the woman..I can't believe it raised that much XD
  • **StarzAbove** 2012/06/30 02:08:29
    To Harsh
    **StarzAbove**
    +3
    They got what they deserved, maybe some of this bullying will stop if the bullies are punished severely.
    To Harsh
    +3
    they got caught .....most all kids can be cruel in a group..I think a bus monitor or driver should do their jobs..stop bus take kids back to school ..DO their jobs
  • Aingean 2012/06/30 02:04:42
    To Harsh
    Aingean
    +6
  • User De... Aingean 2012/06/30 02:14:21 (edited)
    User Deactivated
    +2
    They are being sent to another schooling facility for the time being...and being sentenced to 50 hours of community service , and are required to attend a bullying prevention program....Not really a vacation at all for them.
  • Aingean User De... 2012/06/30 02:20:48
    Aingean
    It isn't suspension if they are being required to go to an alternate program. Its good that they will serve community service and have to take a bully prevention seminar type thing. Taking them completely out of their school, Im not sure if that will be helpful or hurtful.

2014/08/21 14:11:56