What do you think of forced birth control for habitual welfare recipients?

Assassin~ Badass Buzz Guru 2012/06/11 13:10:19

• JMCC 2012/06/11 13:18:33
    No WAY
    JMCC
    +8
    Did you know that this planet has the resources and space for 250 Billion people to live in luxury and free from hunger?

Much better that a few of us just keep it all to ourselves....

• AngryAgnostic 2014/05/20 00:42:49
    We should do this.
    AngryAgnostic
    yes, there is no reason why we should be encouraging rampant procreation. We should be taking measures to avoid overpopulation. And why aren't more conservatives on board with this idea? I though they wanted to help shrink the number of welfare recipients in this country? If you stop poor welfare dependent couples from reproducing, then in the long run you would be saving the tax payer lots of money.
  • Brosia 2012/07/02 17:31:12
    No WAY
    Brosia
    Umm... Pretty sure it is illegal to forcibly sterilizing someone. And, what would be considered "habitually" on welfare? Just because you are on welfare does not mean that you have a large family. I am on welfare and have 2 kids. And we have been on welfare for 10 years, is that habitual? As someone who has gotten a tubal ligation, is that enough for you? Or would you require that I also take a pill that taxpayers would have to pay for because it is too expensive for me.
  • *~Amelie~* 2012/06/13 21:01:50
    No WAY
    *~Amelie~*
    i don't even see how this is a question! the idea is just ridiculous
  • David Hussey 2012/06/13 04:05:12
    No WAY
    David Hussey
    I think it reeks of nazi-esque thinking. A cleverly disguised return of a eugenics agenda.
  • James 2012/06/13 04:03:40
    We should do this.
    James
    We spay and neuter stray animals as a way to reduce the populations. If they can't get their act together, maybe this might not be such a bad idea.
  • beach bum 2012/06/12 04:07:47
    Hmmmmm Maybe.....
    beach bum
  • the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA 2012/06/11 23:32:09 (edited)
    Hmmmmm Maybe.....
    the judgebigdogeagle-~PWCM~JLA
    The minute you apply for welfare of any sort{Food Stamps} or such. You cannot reapply if you come in with one more kid.
    We should do this.
  • Nestofasssps 2012/06/11 21:54:39
    No WAY
    Nestofasssps
    +3
    Force?? In the land of the free ??? LOL seems not to be free for those who are different and hated for being not twue amerwicans
    what a terrible thing to say.!!!!.
  • D D Nestofa... 2012/06/12 02:10:57
    D D
    What about the government telling us what we can and cannot ingest, eat?
  • Nestofa... D D 2012/06/14 01:08:32
    Nestofasssps
    why not stick to the topic,
  • D D Nestofa... 2012/06/14 05:09:09
    D D
    We were talking birth control pills, that is forcing you to ingest a drug.
  • ladyhma D D 2014/07/08 05:42:56 (edited)
    ladyhma
    +3
    Nobody is forcing anyone to take a pill it's cheaper & and has no harmful side effects to just keep your legs closed...or keep it in your pants...and no I'm not a prude I just take responsibility for my actions
  • ladyhma Nestofa... 2014/07/08 05:38:36
    ladyhma
    +3
    I wish it was home of the free for myself...unfortunetly I'm a single female "paying" her way...land of the free utilities, food, rent, cell phone & most importantly healthcare...that is free if you are on welfare. Even with health insurance that I pay for if I'm hurt or ill I must choose to tough it out or miss work which means loss of income & potentially loss of my healthcare coverage. ( I'm a union construction worker benefits are earned by hours worked) having family & friends that are healthcare providers tell me how the patients on Medicaid flood the dr's office or the ER with the slightest complaint ( I would have to be half dead to go to the ER let alone run in with the common cold) and why & how can welfare recipients hmmm let's see no fear of bills for deductibles co-pays picking up the 20% of the bill private insurance doesn't cover. And like I mentioned I'm not some rich spoiled entitled girl...my job pays the bills I had to work hard & compete to have it. It's physically demanding. Yeah I'd love to not have to crawl home sore & tired everyday not worry where the rent was coming from I guess I should just exercise my freedom to get pregnant repeatedly then I wouldn't have to work so hard
  • Ed 2012/06/11 20:52:08 (edited)
    Hmmmmm Maybe.....
    Ed
    +1
    I don't. Drug testing would filter out most of them.
    (EDIT) I'm sick and tired of a central government mandating everything and interfering with our individual choices. So I guss my answer should have been a big

HELL NO!
  • boneman1 2012/06/11 19:41:48
    Hmmmmm Maybe.....
    boneman1
    +3
    I don't know about forced birth control, but there should be a limit to the amount and length of government assistance. I don't think you can force birth control, but I do think we should look at removing kids from homes where they're not being taken care of properly. If you're on government assistance and you keep having kids it might be best for the kids if they were put in a home that could provide for them.
  • Katfish 2012/06/11 19:12:53
    We should do this.
    Katfish
    +4
    Not "forced" but more of a stipulation required to receive benefits. They dont have to do it, they can support themselves instead.
  • sbtbill 2012/06/11 19:06:07
    No WAY
    sbtbill
    +2
    Who should administer it? I know we can have the Catholic Church do it.
  • The Duke 2012/06/11 19:00:10
    Hmmmmm Maybe.....
    The Duke
    Sounds like an excellent Socialist/Communist/Eugenics solution. To practice such? Totally unacceptable.
  • firelooker 2012/06/11 18:55:36
    We should do this.
    firelooker
    +3
    In the past welfare used young women as baby making factories so they could put the kid into a foster homew where the people paid the state for the kids./ If you are young enough to have kids but can't afford them don't ask us to pay for them.
  • wutever 2012/06/11 18:51:22
    Hmmmmm Maybe.....
    wutever
    +1
    If you have a buttload of kids and cant pay for them maybe, but birth control messes with some girls. Also some religuons dont belive in that. Not everybody on welfare has too many kids. But if you cant take care of the kids you have than you probably shouldnt have anymore
  • ladyhma wutever 2014/07/08 05:52:18
    ladyhma
    +1
    I've heard too many times the poor tale of can't take birth control...hmm many options non hormonal IUD...condoms (supposed those same women that the pill "messes" with also have latex allergies...) or if it is a religious concern practice the rhythm method...hmm being catholic that is what is taught before marriage...but most religions that are against birth control also are against pre martial sex...just saying
  • Diverbelo 2012/06/11 18:37:05
    We should do this.
    Diverbelo
    +7
    Make it a choice. You ask the taxpayer to pay for you to live, then you must agree to not add any more mouths to feed to the rolls. You leave welfare, have as many as you want.
  • j moraman 2012/06/11 18:36:51 (edited)
    We should do this.
    j moraman
    +4
    Yes and make it hard for these anchor baby dropping fools to stop popping out so many kids because they know Americans will take care of them. And before a crybaby lib yells out racist, there is nothing racist about the problem we are in, people that abuse the system and hard working americans pay while someone sits on there ass. Then we get the law breaking illegals here to have baby after baby, and again the goal oriented have to pay.
  • wutever j moraman 2012/06/11 18:58:45
    wutever
    Your right about that. I bet if there werent so many illegal aliens, the unemployment rate would probably be lower, even there are so many people that dont want to work, or think they are too good to do whats out ther
  • RogerCoppock 2012/06/11 18:33:01
    No WAY
    RogerCoppock
    +1
    How about forced sterilization and forced abortion for people who register Republican?
  • j moraman RogerCo... 2012/06/11 18:45:24
    j moraman
    +2
    How about a forced get off your lazy ass and cut people off so they are forced to pay for there own children , i guarantee they will be more carefull
  • firelooker RogerCo... 2012/06/11 18:57:27
    firelooker
    +2
    How about the same for dumb ass democrats who want to see this country turned into a socialist country.
  • boneman1 RogerCo... 2012/06/11 19:45:26
    boneman1
    +1
    That post was about as classless and unintelligent as most of your others.
  • Lady Wh... RogerCo... 2012/06/11 22:39:11
    TRIPLE LOLZ!!!
  • D D Lady Wh... 2012/06/12 02:45:50
    D D
    You are all scared of birth control being taken away from women. It could go to where it is required.
  • John Galt jr or Ron/jon 2012/06/11 17:37:08
    We should do this.
    John Galt jr or Ron/jon
    +2
    but it's unconstitutional
  • Tennyson James 2012/06/11 17:09:35
    No WAY
    Tennyson James
    +2
    The government should not legislate regarding procreation.
  • JCD aka "biz" 2012/06/11 16:54:11
    No WAY
    JCD aka "biz"
    +2
    Here in Europe, politicians are whining because women do not have enough children to pay for old people's pensions in the future. We in France have the highest fertility rate, partly because we encourage women to have babies, family allowances, free child care, paid maternity leave etc.
    I understand that in America, you don't need children, pensions will be be paid anyway. Romney probably has a plan.
  • Gloria JCD aka... 2012/06/12 12:51:53
    Gloria
    +1
    Romney has a plan; poor people drop dead.
  • JCD aka... Gloria 2012/06/12 14:01:05
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Probably.
  • frank 2012/06/11 16:41:01
    We should do this.
    frank
    +1
    No that would be against the law. Instead it should be set up as regardless of the number of children then have they should only receive money for the first 2 or 3 max.
  • TerryAgee 2012/06/11 16:39:54
    We should do this.
    TerryAgee
    +1
    First, define the meaning of the word "Welfare". To my way of thinking, it means to subsidize. For example, a matching 401k, a biz tax credit, a political donation, etc. Yay or nay?
  • Assassi... TerryAgee 2012/06/11 16:43:54
  • JCD aka... TerryAgee 2012/06/11 16:57:26
    JCD aka "biz"
    +2
    Corporate welfare recipients should clearly not be allowed to have sex. And do you really want Jamie Dimon to have kids?

2014/08/01 11:53:20