What do you think is the leading cause of this teen violence?

Kennedy1st 2010/05/21 22:38:35

• wolfsan11 2010/06/09 10:48:05
    wolfsan11
    +1
    Stupidity, bad parenting, lack of discipline, cliques and peer pressure.
  • Kiosk Kid 2010/06/09 05:51:08 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    Like Liberals, they are trying to get something for nothing..
  • I'm History 2010/06/09 00:09:12
    I'm History
    No discipline parenting, no discipline in schools, no discipline period! Teens today have no respect for their elders.
  • wpsark 2010/06/08 21:49:57
    wpsark
    Well I think that teen violence has always been abundant but just seems more common these days because of the media outlets exposing it.. If you can understand a teenager's thought process at all, then you realize that it's all about impressing their peers, with most teens anyway..All conscience goes out the door when they see an opportunity to "impress" their friends, even though it's the wrong way to be impressing.
  • Judester 2010/06/08 16:59:22
    Judester
    +2
    Lack of discipline in the home, school, society.
  • JustTruth 2010/06/08 09:57:53
    JustTruth
    +4
    The break down of the loving heterosexual 2 parent home.

This translates into a total lack of respect for authority, responsibility, and causes children to ACT OUT for attention and find an outlet for their ANGER against the lack of strong, consistent parenting and love.
  • jamdeeder 2010/06/08 05:40:03
    jamdeeder
    +1
    There seems to be a terrifyingly epic lack of CONSCIENCE among the teens I have dealt with... like a teen who can deliberately destroy property, hide it, lie about it with a straight face, appears to get upset only because they have been caught, and then stare blankly at you when you explain the huge financial liabilty, as if it means nothing to them. NO guilt, no remorse, no conscience...

It could have begun with the Industrial revolution with the mother leaving the home to work trusting the raising of their children to relatives and strangers. Or perhaps it started with the liberals and the campaign to take GOD out of the schools, gov't, everything. Today there is a "Do what feels good to you" mentality prevalent in this generation, a moral relativist mentality. There is no right or wrong anymore. Because God is no longer honored.

By parents allowing their children's selfish pursuits to be top priority, teenagers have not learned to respect authority. Many are given so many "things" with no responsiblity on their own part, that they have no understanding of the value of anything. There is a lack of parental expectations for a teen taking personal responsiblity for their faults, and an over abundance of parents sheilding the teen from their consequences. A child drivi...

By parents allowing their children's selfish pursuits to be top priority, teenagers have not learned to respect authority. Many are given so many "things" with no responsiblity on their own part, that they have no understanding of the value of anything. There is a lack of parental expectations for a teen taking personal responsiblity for their faults, and an over abundance of parents sheilding the teen from their consequences. A child driving underage, whose permissive parent has no control over, gets a hefty fine for driving without a learners permit. But when the PARENT pays the fine, the teenager learns no valuable lesson and is not discouraging from breaking the law in the future.

If people are finding they have raised violent, unloving, self-serving and untrustworthy teens... that is just what spoiling, pampering and pleasing a child's every whim will produce. Violent teens lack self-discipline and a true sense of personal pride. When a child is raised without any standard for giving value to self, other people, & right and wrong how would you expect them to act as a teenager? Violently, impulsively, selfishly.

The Bible contains the standard for civilized social behavior.
    Love and serve God.
    Love Yourself.
    Love and serve your neighbor.
    A teenager with true faith in God and the Bible develops a desire to serve a greater purpose other than SELF.

The violent teen has an agenda. It is what seems right to them at the time. Sometimes without any further contemplation that "I want". And if they have to hurt someone else to get what they want? Well that is okay by them, as they are their own authority and there is none higher.

With no other higher moral authority than SELF, there is no Conscience of Good and Evil, Right or Wrong, BUT- there is Greed, Anger, Hatred and Violence- all completely unchecked.
  • Isma'ila (God has heard)! 2010/06/08 02:59:25
    Isma'ila (God has heard)!
    Pride.
  • Feesha <3 2010/06/08 02:33:01
    Feesha  <3
    +1
    Cliques, Violent Video Games, Variety of Ads. Mostly anything. Teens do what they see. Most of it is probably Peer Pressure. Even maybe there home life.
  • JustTruth Feesha <3 2010/06/08 10:01:27 (edited)
    JustTruth
    +2
    WRONG there. Thousands of children where taught how to hunt animals and shoot guns at a very young age by their parent's and still are. They don't turn out to be murders and violent people. I started shooting REAL GUNS by the time I was 8 years old and still do.
    I played video games as a child and still do. I was never violent or a killer.

I had 2 good parent's who loved me and raised me with consistency and respect for life and other humans.

Simply, it's The break down of the loving heterosexual 2 parent home.

Take a look at the homes of many of these "violent" problem kids and you will see a total lack of love, discipline, consistency, as well as a full time male roll model called THE FATHER.

Men are bashed and smashed by women, TV shows, and courts and families are torn apart by divorce because of selfishness of both parents with no regard to the children they created.

START BEING A REAL PARENT! KIDS NEED BOTH PARENTS! WAKE UP AMERICA!
  • Feesha <3 JustTruth 2010/06/08 19:40:04
    Feesha  <3
    I was saying maybe there home life. I am not saying that is the leading cause of violence in teens. Thats my opinion so whatev. :/
  • Irishraye JustTruth 2012/03/21 22:16:11
    Irishraye
    +1
    Hey, I totally agree with what you have typed here. I'm new to this and started browsing the internet for teen violence, homicides and other things that talk about teens out of control. I'm doing a paper on teens being all crazy and what drives them to act out. Could you please e-mail (irishraye@yahoo.com) me your thoughts on teen violence and how teens are today? I would very much appreciate it. And if you will state your name and where you are from so that I could put it in my paper. You can make up a name and your where abouts because this is the internet and there are some internet freaks, but I assure you that I am NOT. Thanks!
  • Hula girl - Friends not Fol... 2010/06/07 19:18:02
    Hula girl - Friends not Followers
    +3
    Lack of Respect. Kids and even their parents have lost respect. They don't teach boundaries and it just seems anything goes these days. It's not about being a teen because teens in my day and those of the generations before had boundaries and we respected adults and each other. Sure there might have been a fight break out but these aren't fights this is all out for themselves without the restraints.

The teen of today talks back to the parent like they are the one in charge. This ME generation that has been developing is just a plain scary bunch. It's the I want this or that at any cost and buy me this or buy me this. You owe me generation that is coming up that will cost us all a lot of pain if this behavior isn't stopped.
  • mac -Holding Fast 2010/06/07 12:36:31
    mac -Holding Fast
    Teens.
  • old-mac 2010/06/07 11:16:51
    old-mac
    +1
    Stupid is as stupid does! The teen brain? Hasn't yet developed and we are as a society getting further from any idea of holding people accountable for there actions. If we ever get back to a sense of accountability, stupidity may start to come under control.
  • wpsark old-mac 2010/06/08 21:51:28
    wpsark
    well said
  • TheQuirkClerk 2010/06/07 05:04:39
    TheQuirkClerk
    Bad parenting! Teens end up getting a horrible reputation and are often ragged on by their parent's generation when it's often the fault of the parents themselves!
    Bad parenting can cause kids to turn to gangs for support, movies and games for values and celebrities and classmates for role-models. Of course, this is not always the case, but it often is.
  • Sin 2010/06/07 02:50:04
    Sin
    allowance of bullying as a child!!!! and human instinct for territory, yeah its there people!
  • Billyk75 2010/06/06 19:05:29
    Billyk75
    Teen violence has been around since the human race began.
  • Goldie 2010/06/06 18:44:15
    Goldie
    It depends on the situation from where their violence comes from. There are teens who are violent towards parents or family members. There are thieving teens who become violent. Others may want to prove they're the baddest dog in the yard. Most, I would think, have low morals with no care for themselves or others.
  • Patriot 2010/06/06 17:21:50
    Patriot
    +1
    Dropouts!
  • ANZ 2010/06/06 12:55:59
    ANZ
    +1
    OK. NOTHING HAS CHANGED SINCE U ALL WERE KIDS THE ONLY DIFFERENCE IS THAT NOW YOUR ARE SEEING IT FROM A DIFFERENT ANGLE. HOW MANY ADULTS, WHEN YA'LL WERE LIL SPONS SAID "HOW MUCH THE YOUTH HAD CHANGED SINCE MY DAY"
  • Elocin Eiram 2010/06/06 07:07:10
    Elocin Eiram
    I think it's a mixture of rap music, hormones, and the need to feel superior.
  • Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET 2010/06/06 03:25:55
    Ves~Sailor Soldier of PHAET
    +2
    Stupidity, a majority of people suffer from this.
  • luigi1- in god we trust 2010/06/05 21:13:20
    luigi1- in god we trust
    racism is the main cause. my grand nephew is of mixed blood. he gets is from all directions. all teens are under pressure to join a gang or peer group. those that do not join in will catch it from every group untill they do commit. the schools turn a blind eye & pretend these issues are done. nobody wants to get involved out of fear of their jobs.

bottom line, the usa is still the backwards racist nation it always has been.

those that say racism is dead & the kkk along with other hate groups no longer exist need to pull their heads out of the sand. hatred is indeed alive & well.
  • NYC Fir... luigi1-... 2010/06/05 23:21:51
    NYC Firedog
    I'm sorry for what your nephew is going through. Kids can be cruel. And they will use what ever weapon is handy. I am ashamed to say that I have used racism as a weapon when I was a teenager. But, it wasn't really racism. It was stupidity that I clothed in racism. Thank God, I matured enough to be ashamed not soon after. I have also had the other knuckleheads pull the racism on me, but again, we were young idiots.
    I hope your nephew can hold on till he gets old enough. I wish I were his teacher or coach. I would handle those idiots, of which I was once one of their number.
    God Bless, and stay strong.
  • La Vox 2010/06/05 14:14:00
    La Vox
    Parents that are way too busy to spend time with their kids, neglected kids, unsupervised TV and movies and violent video games
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2010/06/05 14:11:10
  • La Vox Chris -... 2010/06/05 14:15:43
    La Vox
    +1
    Liberalism does not cause violence but frustration does
  • Chris -... La Vox 2010/06/07 18:21:37
  • La Vox Chris -... 2010/06/09 02:16:20 (edited)
    La Vox
    repression and prohibition cause frustration...exactly the opposite to liberalism.
  • oh my s... Chris -... 2010/06/06 13:19:08
    oh my science
    lol liberalism, fail response much?....
  • Chris -... oh my s... 2010/06/07 18:22:34
  • oh my s... Chris -... 2010/06/08 03:53:48
    oh my science
    the age im at is plenty old enough to be able to understand
  • Science H Logic 2010/06/04 21:04:39
    Science H Logic
    +2
    In bowline for Columbine, Michael Moore talked to Marilyn Manson, the singer blamed for the incident, when asked what would he say to those kids, Manson replied "I wouldn't say a single word to them I would listen to what they have to say, and that's what no one did."
    the problem is the struggle for popularity so you put on fronts, and keep a lot of things secret, which gets bottles up and leads to anger. If everyone was understanding and themselves, the number of violent acts would drop.
    "I think everybody should like everybody" -Andy Warhol
  • halcyon1 2010/06/04 19:51:21
    halcyon1
    +1
    rap music
  • ♥♥Hearts♥♥Of♥♥Hearts♥♥
    +1
    We're angry!!
  • the_old... ♥♥Heart... 2010/06/09 01:59:52
    the_old_coach
    About what? Enough to go out and be violent? Why?
  • ♥♥Heart... the_old... 2010/06/09 12:43:28
    ♥♥Hearts♥♥Of♥♥Hearts♥♥
    +1
    Haha I was kidding.

Different problems make people go violent, and I can't generalize and say what one problem makes someone go off. More than likely it's not just one thing.
  • JJ 2010/06/04 00:24:48
    JJ
    +4
    cliques:
    cliques
    lables:
    cliques lables
    violence/violent games:
    cliques lables violenceviolent games
    cliques lables violenceviolent games

and some other stuff

2014/11/29 08:34:36