What Do You Remember Most About 9/11?

ABCnews.com 2009/09/11 00:46:51

• John Wayne 2009/09/11 13:52:12
    The bravery of the firefighters
    John Wayne
    +16
    Reading the garbage some people post is disgusting. All of the bravery and patriotism shown on that day really showed America's heart. Now people want to take away from all of those accomplishments by claiming the government was responsible for the mayhem. Ridiculous!

• VIX Jeremiah 2009/09/11 05:17:02
    VIX
    +2
    Such a terrifying image.... man....
  • Sandy 2009/09/11 04:04:17
    The stunning images on television
    Sandy
    +2
    Actually, I remember all of it, and crying for days, weeks....couldn't get it out of my mind. I still choke up whenever I see the footage shown again and I will NEVER forget that day and the aftermath. NO American should ever forget it!
  • Mully 2009/09/11 04:00:32
    The stunning images on television
    Mully
    +1
    I was fresh out of boot camp, on barracks support waiting to class up for common core Aviation Electronics school in Pensacola, FL. That was a weird day.
  • THE ONE 2009/09/11 03:54:14
    The bravery of the firefighters
    THE ONE
    +4
    bill clinton had 13 opportunities to kill or capture obama...sorry, wrong muslim...osama bin ladin..
  • ..tisha... 2009/09/11 03:51:21
    The bravery of the firefighters
    ..tisha...
    +1
    I remember thinking something that still troubles me today, As I was being driven to school that day and seeing how clear the sky was and the weather being perfect, I seriously thought, "Today's going to be a good day." - Life can come up with the cruelest ironies.
  • The Bantam Seditioner 2009/09/11 03:51:19 (edited)
    The stunning images on television
    The Bantam Seditioner
    +1
    The first few days, I was too shocked to think or remember anything of the events themselves. Shock soon gave way to anger, but anger soon gave way to curiosity and a desire to make sense out of the madness. That's when I began to question what might have led up to these events, and how much of a factor blowback might have played in the attacks. It was only then that I really began studying the U.S. and its foreign policy in the Middle East over the last fifty years, and Operation Ajax (1953), left very unsettling questions in my mind.
  • JillWagnerForever 2009/09/11 03:51:09 (edited)
    The stunning images on television
    JillWagnerForever
    +3
    The firefighter that risk their life firefighter risk life
  • Spider Jerusalem 2009/09/11 03:48:24
    The stunning images on television
    Spider Jerusalem
    +1
    the numbness that would not go away.
    I was in a daze all day, and i was no-where near New York
    I couldn't believe the cruelty of it.
  • NickName his Dudeness 2009/09/11 03:44:49
    The stunning images on television
    NickName his Dudeness
    +1
    I remember hoping that our reaction would show more respect for innocent lives than the terrorists showed.
  • Angldrk600 2009/09/11 03:22:42
    The stunning images on television
    Angldrk600
    +1
    The images were horrific. I remember where I was when the event happened.
  • realist 2009/09/11 03:19:33
    The stunning images on television
    realist
    seeing the second plane crashing on live tv
  • Brittany 2009/09/11 03:18:10
    The stunning images on television
    Brittany
    +3
    All those poor people running for their lives from the destruction. It was a sad, sad day.

But we rose out of such a horrible event and what I remember from that is the country becoming MORE UNITED.

lives destruction sad sad rose horrible event remember country united
  • das aar... Brittany 2010/01/06 19:59:45
    das aardvark
    The problem is . . . we ain't united!
  • ruserious652 2009/09/11 03:16:30
    The stunning images on television
    ruserious652
    +2
    The images of planes crashing into buildings is permanently etched on my mind from that day! It made me wonder if the US was under attack and whether this was happening or about to happen in every major city, including this one! And if so................???????????

Right up there with that, I`ll also never forget how the country came together as one for a relatively long time afterwards!
  • kevjon 2009/09/11 02:59:14
    President Bush speaking from the rubble
    kevjon
    +2
    How quiet the skies were after. No planes were allowed to fly anywhere in America. And mostly the sadness of the tragedy.
  • reed67 2009/09/11 02:52:06 (edited)
    The stunning images on television
    reed67
    +5
    I'll be honest I wasn't shocked when I heard or saw it. Being around the miltary so much we knew it was coming.
    We had been warned over that it was coming. I'm not saying we deserved it just saying I wasn't surprised by it.
  • e.V.(♥Q... reed67 2009/09/11 05:12:46
    e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥)
    +1
    I wasn't shocked either. :-/ That felt strange since almost everyone else I knew (except my ex-military friends) were basically thrown into hysterical instant shock, I do remember thinking "well that's horrible but was bound to happen, sadly:-( eventually".
  • reed67 e.V.(♥Q... 2009/09/11 07:30:57
    reed67
    +1
    Yeah I remember thiking how terrible how this was but I did not react the way most did. I'd say that most who we're in the Military or were close to someone in it didn't react as strongly.
  • matheson 2009/09/11 02:47:12
    The stunning images on television
    matheson
    +3
    I remember being in elementary school. 5th grade to be exact. And students were being called home left and right, but they would not tell us why. It wasn't until after lunch that we found out what happened. I remember thinking that something did not seem right about it. Turns out I was right....
  • ~ 2009/09/11 02:44:34 (edited)
    The stunning images on television
    ~
    +1
    Hoping my dad and brother were no where in the area... my dad lived a little ways from there, though he went there often due to his job- my brother only lives about 8 miles from there, so I was very worried about him... luckily neither one of them were in the city when it happened- unfortunately, later I was informed that one of my uncles was there, and lost his life on that tragic day... May they all Rest in Peace-
  • Lulu 2009/09/11 02:37:54
    President Bush speaking from the rubble
    Lulu
    +1
    Heard it on the radio and when I came to realize it was not a , "War of the Worlds", type broadcast but real.. wondered how I was going to get home. Was the airport closed? Was I-70 closed or anyother major highway? Is everyone OK...remember calling my best friend once my plane landed...talking to him all the way home, I was scared. And after that for a few days, and I did not live in a air pattern or close to a airport but for a few days the skys were creepy silent. I know...TMI.
  • The stunning images on television
    ♥♥Hearts♥♥Of♥♥Hearts♥♥
    I was about 6 so...
  • *SmileS* =) 2009/09/11 02:26:57
    The stunning images on television
    *SmileS* =)
    honstly nothing i have no recollection of that day i was in transit i can't remember transit
  • juicii~sitrus 2009/09/11 02:22:48
    The stunning images on television
    juicii~sitrus
    I saw it on the news here in Canada. The Twin Towers looked so damaged and stuff... poor people who died. :(
  • Unnamed 2009/09/11 02:08:55 (edited)
    The stunning images on television
    Unnamed
    +2
    It was the first world event which was captured live on TV really, wasn't it? It was a bit surreal being able to see it unfold as if it was a film.

For me personally, the worst images from the day were the ones showing people jumping out of the windows. That still haunts me. I can't even begin to imagine the despair and terror they must have be feeling for jumping from the 102nd floor to be an option for them. They didn't show much of that during the day (I'm assuming they either didn't have the footage or felt it was too horrific to show as in the evening as they did put out warnings of distressing images) but in the evening, it was basically on a news loop and I watched it over and over again as they showed people jumping. Absolutely awful

images evening basically news loop watched people jumping absolutely awful
  • ENEMY COMBATANT 2009/09/11 02:06:58 (edited)
    The stunning images on television
    ENEMY COMBATANT
    +1
    I was in NJ when the towers fell. I followed the events through out the day and I was particularly outraged by the report of the 5 "middle-eastern" men caught dancing on top of a van cheering and celebrating when the towers were coming down. The news media reported on the event for just 2 weeks after 911...and the story was dropped completely!!!

I've since tracked the story and thought it was very peculiar that these men were found to be Israelis "DRESSED-UP AS ARABS" and they were caught blowing-up a truck in NYC, while others were later caught with a vanload of explosives, $4,000 in cash, maps of major New York City targets and box-cutters??

I've since studied the event in great detail, including the court case where these 5 men were tried in the in Federal court only to find out that 2 of those men were from the Israeli intelligence service (the Mossad), and to date there have been a total of 125 Israelis caught in the months prior to and shortly after 911, many of which were found carrying Arab clothing, "learn to fly manuals," explosives, video camers of US infrastructure (bridges, tunnels, power stations etc.) "with emphasis on structural supports" and copies of the Koran? But again, not a word from the media??

So to answer your question, about what I remember most...

So to answer your question, about what I remember most about 911 is in this brief 9 minute video regarding these mysterious "middle-eastern" men that no one talks about!!

• April 2009/09/11 02:06:47
    The stunning images on television
    April
    +2
    Everything.

From exactly what I was doing & how I felt, to my fellow Americans fighting for their lives & the lives of their fellow Americans. The terror that I felt, the terror that I knew others felt. 9/11 was probably the most terrifying day of my life. The look on Everyone's face was a look I had never seen in my life. Everyone was scared because we didn't know what to expect next.

President Bush was OUR ROCK in those days of despair.

Why have so many forgotten?
  • . 2009/09/11 02:06:32
    The stunning images on television
    .
    I remember sitting in front of the TV for most of the day watching coverage of it. Unfortunately, 9/11 is my younger sisters' bday & I almost punched both of them because all they could do was complain about how it was ruined & this is what it will always be remembered for. To this day they know not to ever say that again.
  • Will 2009/09/11 02:03:25
    The stunning images on television
    Will
  • Mully Will 2009/09/11 04:02:21
    Mully
    +5
    You're an idiot. People are good at photoshopping. I know a bunch of people in that area when 9/11 happened who all say the conspiracy theories are complete bullshit through first-hand knowledge. Quit being a tool.
  • e.V.(♥Q... Mully 2009/09/11 04:33:55 (edited)
    e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥)
    He's not being a tool. Building 7 aka The Salomen Building, did fall... This happens to be the building Enron stored its paperwork in.

Here is the BBC's reporting on that with some of their footage from different angles.

and here is an interview on Danish TV where a Danish chemist is talking abut has research on a species of thermite found in the WTC Towers debris:

• Will Mully 2009/09/11 20:23:53 (edited)
    Will
    not that good.....i've got a whole gang of evidence. You my friend are believing the biggest theory in history: the official story is the biggest theory ever. This shit is chess not checkers.
  • Oranged... Will 2009/09/11 04:34:31
    Orangedragan
    what mully said
  • e.V.(♥Q... Oranged... 2009/09/11 05:04:53
    e.V.(♥Queen of Doom♥)
    look up..
  • ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own 2009/09/11 02:02:34
    The stunning images on television
    ♚Littlɘ Ǫuɘɘn~Phaet's Own
    +1
    I was shocked and scared and sad. I checked my kids out of school. I didn't know what might be next. By the end of the day, I knew that we, as Americans, would nip that shit in the bud.
  • blueraven 2009/09/11 02:01:24
    The stunning images on television
    blueraven
    +1
    Although I was only five i still remember everyone i knew saying "yaa rabii" Out of shock !! I was scared !! We weren't in NYC But it was A Big tragedy!! It Was Scrayy! remember yaa rabii shock scared nyc tragedy scrayy I NEVER WISH TO SEE SUCH THING EVER AGAIN!!
  • crinklemynoseandsmile 2009/09/11 01:47:15
    The stunning images on television
    crinklemynoseandsmile
    I was in Kindergarten. Really the only thing I remember is seeing a huge iron fence and ID card check around my school 2 days later. We were in Germany.
  • Val 2009/09/11 01:40:34
    The stunning images on television
    Val
    I remember where I was, and the crushing feeling in my chest.
  • Paint it Black 2009/09/11 01:33:50
    The stunning images on television
    Paint it Black
    I don't remember anything all i no is tht my mom picked me up early from kindergarden.
  • flaca BN-0 2009/09/11 01:33:15
    The stunning images on television
    flaca BN-0
    +1
    I saw the first one and thought OMG it's true: the air traffic controllers ARE overworked after all. Then when the second one hit, my brain just went to mush. I still never even considered it was a terrorist attack.

2014/10/01 22:23:51