What Do You Know Mr. President About Business?

jt 2012/07/16 19:08:00
Obama doesn't know anything about business
Obama is so smart and knows everything

'And what do you know?': Business leaders hit back at Obama after he says the wealthy AREN'T responsible for their own success

America's leading small business association has slammed Barack Obama for showing 'an utter lack of understanding' of the country's entrepreneurs when he told them: 'If you've got a business - you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.'

In a hard-hitting statement to Mail Online, the National Federation of Independent Businesses (NFIB) said: 'What a disappointment to hear President Obama's revealing comments challenging the significance of America's entrepreneurs.

'His unfortunate remarks over the weekend show an utter lack of understanding and appreciation for the people who take a huge personal risk and work endless hours to start a business and create jobs.'

President Barack Obama said in a speech at the weekend that governments and not individuals create jobs, telling entrepreneurs: 'If you've got a business - you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen.'

He added: 'You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2174160/Obama-says-we...

A fwd article: -jt

+6
    The fool would have to cheat to pass Economics 101. NOBAMA in 2012 or ever again.

• Claybern 2012/07/21 17:54:22
    Claybern
    But Romney does.
  • Rubyking 2012/07/21 03:59:49
    Rubyking
    liberalolololol
  • ANGEL of DEATH 2012/07/17 13:36:10
    ANGEL of DEATH
    Obama has put us as americans in deep debt ever since hes been in office
  • jmc07806-PWCM-JLA 2012/07/17 12:26:30
    jmc07806-PWCM-JLA
    +1
    However he does know how to spend our tax money to buy votes and try to set up his elitist government.
  • Stan Kapusta 2012/07/17 04:59:37
    Stan Kapusta
    +3
    Anyone who continually invests in an unproven technology and loses billions of tax payer money. Still wants to invest in Solar power to replace fossil fuels cnnot be a good businessman.
  • lark 2012/07/17 02:23:26
    lark
    +2
    He was a community leader he made picnics and I am sure he didn't do it alone
  • darlenedoskas1969 2012/07/17 00:23:16
    darlenedoskas1969
    +2
    if you have a successful business, you used government infrastructure to build it... roads, bridges, tunnels... water, power and sewer lines...you probably used bank loans ...

no, you didn't do it alone
  • ETpro darlene... 2012/07/17 00:36:48
    ETpro
    +2
    Yeah, but you know what the President actually said, not the edited sound byte the right wing media has been playing like an endless loop.
  • Alvin darlene... 2012/07/17 01:02:10
    Alvin
    +2
    Not to mention all the people who worked for minimum wage to get the business off the ground
  • ETpro 2012/07/17 00:13:42 (edited)
    Obama is so smart and knows everything
    ETpro
    +3
    Just for the record, what the morons that listen to Fox for all their news heard is 12 seconds edited out of an hour long speech. You only have to listen to 36 seconds to know Fox is LYING TO YOU -- Yet Again.

Obama probably doesn't know everything about business, but at least he knows that it is consumer demand that drives US business growth, not the wealth of guys like Mitt Romney, who just stuff their money into off-shore tax havens. By the way, the National Federation of Independent Businesses is a right-wing lobbying organization that donates 95% of its money to Republican causes. Not exactly a source for unbiased analysis. But you dupes wouldn't know that either, would you? You're far too busy running your mouths to take time to learn anything. Research is work, said in true Maynard G. Krebs terror.

And while we're on the subject of how wrong the current right is, this will toast your noodle.
  • Alvin ETpro 2012/07/17 01:03:05
    Alvin
    +1
    Once again, the voice of reason tries vainly to bash his head against the brick wall of Fox dittoheads, to coin a phrase
  • frankie ETpro 2012/07/17 01:17:25
    frankie
    +3
    you only say fox lies because you believe the lies barry sotero tells
  • Patric 2012/07/17 00:04:53
  • 4dc 2012/07/16 23:55:49
    4dc
    +3
    he's a community organizer...translation: a do nothing gimme everything
  • CAPISCE 2012/07/16 23:02:03
    CAPISCE
    +3
    Socialist don't have much knowledge in business, they don't earn--they take
  • ScoutLdr 2012/07/16 22:15:58
    ScoutLdr
    +2
    The President knows , jack and sh*t about most things!
  • gvc 2012/07/16 22:09:32
    gvc
    +4
    Just when I think Obama couldn't possibly be more out of touch with reality, I read something like this.
    Of course we cannot expect a person who has never built or managed a business to understand what is required.
    I cannot get this sorry excuse for a human being out of the White House quick enough.

On a happy note.....all he needs to do is continue this BS rhetoric and he will seal his own fate November 6th.
  • John Hall 2012/07/16 21:35:22
    John Hall
    +5
    President Obama knows ................. Come to think of it the stupid f@CK has never owned , ran , worked at a buisness .
  • Harley 2012/07/16 20:59:23
    Harley
    +4
    Well seems to me that he doesn't know nothing, considering he had 4 years to make things better and we all know what the reality of that is. I am so tired of hearing BUSH made it a mess. I am tired of hearing the blame game and see some progress which, he has not done and I am sick of hearing we want change. Yeah I want change alright, a new President!
  • kevracer 2012/07/16 20:50:56
    kevracer
    +1
    businessmen claim that politicians don't know business but that as businessmen they know both business AND politics
  • Claybern kevracer 2012/07/21 18:10:55
    Claybern
    That's right. That is why they are going to vote for Romney.
  • Angus 2012/07/16 20:39:22
    Angus
    +5
    And the class warfare continues. Just shows how incompetent and stupid he truly is.
  • Bob DiN 2012/07/16 20:17:31
    Bob DiN
    +5
    All Obama knows is troule making as a community organizer which he has carried into the White House.
  • Charles E 2012/07/16 20:13:17
    Charles E
    +5
    Barry thinks business owners get to write checks and take vacations like he does.

Someone else is responsible for raising capital, risking loosing their home, and working over 80 hours a week so he can play golf and criticize job creators.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/07/16 20:09:04
    Obama is so smart and knows everything
    ProudProgressive
    +2
    The President didn't say that successful people aren't responsible for their own success. He said that they aren't responsible for their own success ALONE. Which, of course, is true. And given that Fox and the Right Wing Media once again Breitbarted his actual statement to death, one can only conclude that he once again struck a nerve.

What the President ACTUALLY said, without the Fox "creative editing" was this:

OBAMA: [L]ook, if you've been successful, you didn't get there on your own. You didn't get there on your own. I'm always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something -- there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there.

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the In...

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you've got a business -- you didn't build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn't get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don't do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires.

So we say to ourselves, ever since the founding of this country, you know what, there are some things we do better together. That's how we funded the GI Bill. That's how we created the middle class. That's how we built the Golden Gate Bridge or the Hoover Dam. That's how we invented the Internet. That's how we sent a man to the moon. We rise or fall together as one nation and as one people, and that's the reason I'm running for President -- because I still believe in that idea. You're not on your own, we're in this together.
  • ScoutLdr ProudPr... 2012/07/16 22:34:09
    ScoutLdr
    +2
    It's really interesting Proud Progressive, that you chosen Andrew Jackson , the founder of the Democratic Party, as an avatar. The President who forced the "Five Civilized Tribes(Cherokee, Creek, Choctaw, Chicasaw and Seminole Nations)" out of Alabama ,Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Mississippi, Kentucky and North Carolina. Placed the Natives American in custody and compelled them to march on the "trail of tears."
  • makes gay women happyr 2012/07/16 20:07:20 (edited)
    Obama is so smart and knows everything
    makes gay women happyr
    +1
    thaT its been corrupted by cry bloods staining wareligious scared to death of death by making death phony hyposheepcreepshallowburiedee... http://www.virtualjfk.com
  • makes g... makes g... 2012/07/16 20:07:41
  • gvc makes g... 2012/07/16 22:24:41
    gvc
    +2
    How about a coherent comment? Is that asking too much?
  • makes g... gvc 2012/07/17 17:16:00 (edited)
    makes gay women happyr
    in the three articles about my genius it is stated numerous times even the smartest will have great difficulty comprehending, sorry http://www.virtualjfk.comhttp...
  • gvc makes g... 2012/07/17 17:53:46
    gvc
    +1
    helps if you can speak and write English.
  • Bilingual required sucks 2012/07/16 20:01:49
    Obama is so smart and knows everything
    Bilingual required sucks
    +3
    The only thing Republicans know about business is how to use it to exploit people and create wealth for 1% of the population.
  • frankie Bilingu... 2012/07/17 01:20:30
    frankie
    +2
    another koolaide drinker believes every lie from the known liar. you can tell when he lies . that;s when he opens his mouth.
  • Sam DePecan 2012/07/16 19:34:23
    Sam DePecan
    +5
    IDK . . . . .Sometimes I wonder how he ever got to where he did. He must have experienced some kind of "differences" that he met along the way . . . And did those "opponents" just turn around and walk away? . . . All of them? . . . If NOT? . . . What then? . . . Did he not get taught a lesson from someone along the way? . . . Didn't BH Obama ever learn that you earn from success? . . . And that those successful @ Business are more-likely going to be the employers . . . . .And that if they as business people don't like prosperity, then why are they successful at what they are doing? . . . Can BH Obama stand prosperity, or what? . . .. What is his "final fix on things"? . . . Things that are broken and he in actuallly in the position to focus on doing something about it? . . . Like fix it? . . . Or is he ALSO GOING TO JUST TURN AROUND AND WALK AWAY?
  • Centrist_Bill 2012/07/16 19:33:23
    Centrist_Bill
    +4
    He knows that most businesses are in the middle class. Obviously it makes sense to cut taxes on the middle class. As for that statement he blew it.
  • ProudPr... Centris... 2012/07/16 20:10:31
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    You ought to read what the President actually said, rather than the Fox/Breitbart version.

• Centris... ProudPr... 2012/07/16 20:27:06
    Centrist_Bill
    +1
    You may have a point. Im not sure though. This one item is fact though and that is the talking points are LESS THAN A MINUTE. The brings up the idea that they may be taking it out of context. Ill get back to you to see if I can find the entire speech.
  • ProudPr... Centris... 2012/07/16 20:35:04
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    It seems to me that the point the President was trying to make is that we don't exist in a vacuum, that even with all the dedication and hard work possible not everyone succeeds, and those who do often do because of the people around them, because of those who have helped along the way, etc.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. ...

• Centris... ProudPr... 2012/07/16 22:40:30
    Centrist_Bill
    +1
    Personally you are speaking to the Choir here. I like what Obama is doing for the most part. As the old saying goes you cant please all of the people all of the time and so on.
  • gvc Centris... 2012/07/16 22:27:48
    gvc
    +1
    Please watch the video. Don't allow Progressive to spin it for you, make up your own mind!!!!
    http://www.washingtontimes.co...

2014/10/02 12:38:19