What do you get if you are caught crossing the border?

POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2011/09/18 02:40:25
O LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT...If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the U. S. border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps, a place to live, health care, housing, child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs...No wonder we are a country in debt.

• Brianna Lee 2011/09/18 03:22:31
    Brianna Lee
    +8
    You can bet the Mexican government loves it. Billions of money earned illegally is sent back to Mexico. We are suckers, big time.

• Stan Kapusta 2011/09/23 17:50:11
    Stan Kapusta
    +1
    Taco Bell
  • apachehellfire65 2011/09/18 14:36:41
  • POODYLO... apacheh... 2011/09/18 14:42:16
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    I wish I could just keep giving this thumbs up!!!
  • DeeB 2011/09/18 13:37:04
    DeeB
    +3
    Yes in America you are rewarded for being a criminal unless you are an American Citizen.
  • Chase Martin 2011/09/18 13:10:12
    Chase Martin
    +1
    HAHAHAHAH! I never thought of it that way . . . but it sounds accurate.
  • S. Gompers 2011/09/18 09:06:46
    S. Gompers
    +2
    I think they call it Reconquista Aztlan, Dems love it for cheap votes, Reps love it for cheap labor...

Meanwhile Reconquista goes well.
  • JonathanTamayo 2011/09/18 07:52:23 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • BonnieD... Jonatha... 2011/09/18 09:26:50
    BonnieDeutsch
    +2
    I can appreciate your feelings, but the reason so many of us are angry about illegal immigrants is because we live in a land of laws and if we break the law we suffer the consequences. I am sorry that your country is in such turmoil. Why don't all of the Mexican illegal immigrants presently living in America (any where from 10 to 12 million) go back to Mexico and fight for your rights, just like the various countries in the Middle East just did and won.
    Many other people from other countries wish to come to America as well and all the other
    countries have quotas, unlike Mexico. We simply can't take so many from one country.
    I'm sorry that you weren't here during the two times America gave Mexicans living here
    amnesty, but we can't keep doing this.
    As for Senator Durbin's dream bill, it wasn't just Republicans who voted it down, many
    Democrats also did because, a majority of Americans do not want this bill.
    Please apply for a green card when you are back in Mexico and enter America legally.
    We will then welcome you with open arms !
  • Jonatha... BonnieD... 2011/09/18 11:58:01 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • BonnieD... Jonatha... 2011/09/18 15:51:02
    BonnieDeutsch
    First of all, what chance did you think that all those Middle Eastern countries had to fight against their leaders with little or no arms. It was their desire and determination that has made those countries free. You don't think very highly of your countrymen
    If you don't think that you and 12 million others returning to Mexico couldn't take back your country. The vast numbers returning alone could take over the cartels. We want you to fight your own battle, just like all the countries just did and won this summer. About torture, yes and don't you think that that happend, in Tunisia, Algeria, etc. ? Yet the people's need for freedom outweighed some being killed for the greater good.
    Unfortunately, because of our open door policy why fight when you can cross our borders and live your life here. That choice wasn't given to the people in those Middle Eastern countries. You want us to fight your war ! How very interesting. Well sir,
    it's time that Mexico took care of Mexico. We have been helping your countrymen here for far too long.
    I'm outraged that you think that we haven't been helping your country. For a long time now a woman from Mexico would come over here to have her baby so that she could have her entire family move here. In many cases to use all the social services tha...
    I'm outraged that you think that we haven't been helping your country. For a long time now a woman from Mexico would come over here to have her baby so that she could have her entire family move here. In many cases to use all the social services that we taxpayers pay, supposedly for our own. You and all your countrymen have put an economic burden on our country and in part have helped to put America in the financial crisis we are in today. By sending money back to Mexico it takes away from spending it here. Talk about biting the hands that have fed you.
    Since we are the legals here let us decide where we want to spend our money, rebuild countries and send our troops. It's time for your country to "Men Up!"
  • Jonatha... BonnieD... 2011/09/19 06:28:14 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • BonnieD... Jonatha... 2011/09/19 18:15:16
    BonnieDeutsch
    This is the last time that I answer you. First, I live in Illinois and I know about the "Nightmare" act. The reason it was turned down was because it gave criminals
    (illegal immigrants) the opportunity to become citizens. Now, for me, you don't
    reward someone for bad behavior ! Yes, and they are criminals. We live by rules
    and illegals (criminals) have broken them. Your wife looks a lot like an American
    so I guess you found your own way to be here.
    And yes, the border hospitals are always having pregnant women coming in there
    to have their babies. And our social services are overloaded with Mexicans, you can believe it or not. Please, I don't have anymore time answering questions to someone who doesn't even now the facts.
    ADIAOS !
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/18 14:32:58
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    I will say how I feel publicly. I blame not you, but your parents for putting you in this situation.For 20 + years you have been in a situation that required you to be a criminal. From free to you public education, lunches medical care and any other benefit your parents received. It was free to you, but, not to me. My husband never had children of his own and pays school taxes. We make too much money to qualify for all the freebies we are forced to dole out.
    It is due to illegals that these companies do move overseas. The companies can go overseas and not pay all of the taxes they do here and pay a lesser wage. America can't afford to do this, because the wage needs to be higher so we can afford to pay our taxes, that foots the bill for the people who do not work and pay taxes.
    I do not blame the politicians, but, the businesses that employee you and other illegals. No matter what situation I look at involving illegal immigration, the same common denominator is always the illegal immigrant. Once they get jobs they continue to milk our country by sending a vast amount of their income back to Mexico. So by employing an illegal we double screw our country and our economy.
    I would say if I were you I would round up 10 M or so of my buddies, grab a gun, sneak back into Mexic...

I would say if I were you I would round up 10 M or so of my buddies, grab a gun, sneak back into Mexico and show the drug Cartel who is boss. It is really not America's job to start yet another war. If it was your and you want it back take it back.
    Because as you speak about the levels of hunger and poverty in Mexico, you are reducing Americans to your same level.
    Enjoy spending the money you took from Americans in your country.
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/19 08:57:28 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/19 18:34:39
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    My facts have been checked and regardless of what you want to call it illegal is criminal.

$11 billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.
    Illegal households only pay about one-third the amount of federal taxes that non-illegal households pay.
    Illegal households create a net fiscal deficit at the federal level of more than $10 billion a year. If given amnesty, this number could grow to more than $29 billion.
    $1.9 billion dollars a year is spent on food-assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC and free school lunches for illegal aliens.
    $1.6 billion is spent on the federal prison and court system for illegal aliens.
    $2.5 billion dollars a year is spent on Medicaid for illegal aliens.
    About 21 percent of the population of U.S. prisons is classified as “noncitizens” from Mexico, Colombia, Cuba and the Dominican Republic. About 5 percent is listed as “unknown.”
    Immigration costs like all “costs" come out of the "TAXPAYOR" hide. These costs represent additional money creation that dilutes all the savings and assets in America
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/20 10:30:41 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/20 13:34:41
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    Under Title 8 Section 1325 of the U.S. Code, "Improper Entry by Alien," any citizen of any country other than the United States who:

Enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers; or
    Eludes examination or inspection by immigration officers; or
    Attempts to enter or obtains entry to the United States by a willfully false or misleading representation or the willful concealment of a material fact;
    has committed a federal crime.

Violations are punishable by criminal fines and imprisonment for up to six months. Repeat offenses can bring up to two years in prison. Additional civil fines may be imposed at the discretion of immigration judges, but civil fines do not negate the criminal sanctions or nature of the offense.
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/22 09:08:56 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/22 13:26:07
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I am sorry that the USC does not cater to your specific wording. Rather it states "Civil penalties under this subsection are in addition to, and not
    in lieu of, any criminal or other civil penalties that may be
    imposed" and "shall, for the first
    commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or
    imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent
    commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or
    imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both."

http://codes.lp.findlaw.com/u...

The act is still a crime, just not a felony. There are different degrees of crimes.
    A misdemeanor (also spelled misdemeanour) is a "lesser" criminal act in many common law legal systems. Misdemeanors are generally punished much less severely than felonies, but theoretically more so than administrative infractions (also known as regulatory offenses). Many misdemeanors are punished with monetary fines.

So I am sorry to burst your bubble!
    And, unless you go back to Mexico and apply to return to the US as an immigrant, you are still A CRIMINAL!

http://www.immihelp.com/green...
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/23 05:23:11 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/23 17:25:02
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    Illegal immigration is by far the highest crime in the US. It is not for the sake of argument, I am right, as far as the law is written.

I said in my first post to you

"I will say how I feel publicly. I blame not you, but your parents for putting you in this situation."

If you continue to stay here and not become a legal immigrant after you become of age, I find it to be criminal. Marrying your wife gave you the right to do that and if you choose not to, you choose as an adult to break the laws of my country!
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/25 08:50:07 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/25 16:03:53
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    of her exact words "generally" is the key term It is a crime the US just does not "generally" pursue charges. that does not mean it is not still a crime.

My parents, and my grandparents were born on US soil, so I do not have to leave. That is the laws of my country. And if you loved and respected it so much, you would not snivel about having to obey the laws.

Yes I am human, why should you benefit from the crimes of your parents while others that are trying to come to the US legally have to wait, and go through the process. I am not who you should question as to the fairness of your situation ask your parents why!
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/26 08:52:23 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/26 14:40:49
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    #1 If I were a prosecutor you would worry about it knowing that you are here illegally.
    #2 I do not care about the why your mother did what she did, just the fact she came here with children illegally 20 + years ago, Leaving Americans to deal with her problems.
    #3 Why should you profit from the crimes of your mother?

I will tell you again, you should become an American citizen the correct way and follow the process that was set us by our LAWS!

If I tried to go to Mexico, I would face harsher punishment for being there illegally than you ever will here. I am not more of a person for being born here, but, I do have rights given to me by the fact that I was born here. Rights that an immigrant should never possess.

It is not the reasons that they risk there lives that pisses me off, but, for some reason they feel that they should be able to better their lives by stealing from me. If it be stealing education, housing, welfare, food stamps, a job whatever...it is stealing from the American taxpayer.
  • Jonatha... POODYLO... 2011/09/27 08:29:49 (edited)
    JonathanTamayo
    ...
  • POODYLO... Jonatha... 2011/09/27 13:38:58
    POODYLOU ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    I am saying you should not be rewarded for the crimes of your mother and I too am done as regardless of what is said or done you refuse to realize that there are laws for a reason and should be followed for a reason.

As far as contributing more than illegals take.

Start with education. Using the average annual American public school elementary and secondary education costs, the Federation for American Immigration Reform has estimated that the total cost of K-12 education for illegal immigrant minors and the U.S.-born children of illegal immigrants is $28.6 billion a year.

Then there’s health care. If illegal immigrants are covered in the health care bill (there is not a strong verification mechanism to ensure they won’t get benefits), it would increase the bill’s costs between $10-$30 billion. Of course, it won’t matter if illegal immigrants receive amnesty since the new law requires health care coverage for everyone.

Social Security is another area of great concern. Claims by amnesty advocates that illegal immigration can “save” Social Security are false.

For a single 25-year old male with very low earnings, today’s value of his and his employer’s contributions to the Trust Fund will fall $15,596 short of the value of the Social Security retirement benefits he will eventually r...

For a single 25-year old male with very low earnings, today’s value of his and his employer’s contributions to the Trust Fund will fall $15,596 short of the value of the Social Security retirement benefits he will eventually receive. A single female will receive $20,936 more in benefits than she pays into Social Security. If the immigrant is married but the sole wage-earner, the couple will eventually drain the Trust Fund by $52,460; if the immigrant is married to another very low earner, the drain on the trust fund will be $39,037. The legalization of one million illegal immigrant couples who work for very low wages would be a $101 billion blow to taxpayers. And amnesty for all illegal immigrants would multiply this figure many times!

When it comes to taxes, amnesty supporters like to say that illegal immigrants will pay their “fair share” of taxes after being granted amnesty. This is deceptive.

Low-skilled workers often pay no taxes and receive a check from the Internal Revenue Service in the form of the Earned Income Tax Credit. Putting illegal immigrants on the IRS rolls will actually cost the federal government money.

Since most illegal immigrants have less than a high school education and have well below average incomes, even those illegal immigrants who pay taxes pay far less in taxes than they (and their families) consume in taxpayer-supported benefits. Robert Rector of the Heritage Foundation found that the average immigrant household headed by an immigrant without a high school degree receives over $19,000 more in total government benefits each year than it pays in federal, state and local taxes!

But the impact goes far beyond these direct costs.

There are nearly 16 million Americans out of work, and about 8 million jobs are held by illegal immigrants. By simply enforcing immigration laws already on the books, we could create millions of job opportunities for American citizens and legal immigrants who played by the rules and entered the
    U.S. the right way.

Illegal immigrants not authorized to work in the United States received $4.2 billion in tax credits from the IRS last year.

So though illegals may pay more by % or take less by %. I am talking about the actual dollars bilked out of my tax dollars. not to mention the $50B sent directly to their families in Mexico annually.

You should check your facts as you have no credibility with me!
  • JDHARTLV 2011/09/18 05:46:48
    JDHARTLV
    +3
    A free lesson on how to vote.
  • redhorse29 2011/09/18 05:36:48
    redhorse29
    +3
    You have to love the liberal progressive socialists that push and support all these benefits for those who first act on entering this country is to commit a crime.
  • strawberry 2011/09/18 05:23:50
    strawberry
    +2
    Our U.S. politicians are too busy running campaigns and fighting each other, than taking care of U.S. border problems. Congress has full authority over immigration but much of Congress is too busy stalemating, blocking ideas for the sake of campaign votes for 2012. We should close all immigration into the United States. Not only that, U.S. govt. spend billions feeding illegal prisoners, giving them health care, many American citizens don't get. I don't call this being humane, I call this a weak, stupid U.S. government.
  • jeane 2011/09/18 04:51:55
    jeane
    +2
    Wow that does put it into perspective!
  • Fresno State Fan CB-05 2011/09/18 03:49:51
    Fresno State Fan CB-05
    +1
    So, you want the United States to be more like North Korea, Iran and Afghanistan?

united north korea iran afghanistan lost your mind
  • jeane Fresno ... 2011/09/18 04:52:55
    jeane
    +5
    We want our borders protected sir not rewarding the perpetrators.
  • AL Fresno ... 2011/09/18 08:20:29
    AL
    +3
    LOL! Do you know what they do in Mexico if you're there illegally? Try prison time with no questions asked!
  • Dagon 2011/09/18 03:43:51
  • FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX 2011/09/18 03:42:31
    FAWKES' NOOSE ~ ΔTX
    +1
    I see. You would rather have a government like North Korea, Afghanistan or Iran. Got it.
  • Brianna Lee 2011/09/18 03:22:31
    Brianna Lee
    +8
  • strawberry Brianna... 2011/09/18 05:28:47
    strawberry
    +2
    The Mexican Govt. is also in favor of Mexican drug cartels sneaking into the United States. Mexican Govt. take a big chunk of the profits. Not one U.S. President has seriously controlled U.S. illegal immigration. In fact that is suppose to be the job of Congress.
  • tomas strawberry 2011/09/18 05:37:42
    tomas
    +4
    If that is the job of Congress, why is it obama that is allowing it?
  • strawberry tomas 2011/09/19 15:58:55
    strawberry
    That is fact, Congress has complete power over immigration, but Congress has not been doing their job concerning U.S. immigration for a long time. Laws concerning immigration have to go through Congress. President Obama actually has had more illegal alien prisoners or law breakers deported than previous Presidents. What I'd like to know is why no bill has been brought to Congress to either secure U.S. borders with armed National Guard, which was originally the purpose of our National Guard to protect inside the United States, or put up electrified fencing. I don't remember such a bill during any Presidential administration. If a bill was put into the face of Congress they would have to vote on it. Now that would be a smart move for President Obama to present to Congress. Americans have been yelling about securing our borders. That would put Congress on the spot. Those in the House and Senate who voted against such a bill would look like the culprits, not Obama. Bush never did much to secure our borders either. Illegals have been coming into the U.S. for a very long time.

2014/04/16 07:29:12