What do retired military liberals do? The Civil War of 2016 U.S. military officers are told to plan to fight Americans

Farnsworth 2012/08/13 10:33:30
The elites are scared of citizen patroits in the Tea Party
This guy has PTSD and is off his meds
I'm a liberal and I see the tea party in my shrubs everynight
I only care about myself but acknowlegde I'm to lazy to get caudt up in a civil war

Imagine Tea Party extremists seizing control of a South Carolina town and the Army being sent in to crush the rebellion. This farcical vision is now part of the discussion in professional military circles.

At
issue is an article in the respected Small Wars Journal titled “Full
Spectrum Operations in the Homeland: A ‘Vision’ of the Future.” It was
written by retired Army Col. Kevin Benson of the Army's University of Foreign Military and Cultural Studies at Fort Leavenworth, Kan., and Jennifer Weber,
a Civil War expert at the University of Kansas. It posits an “extremist
militia motivated by the goals of the ‘tea party’ movement” seizing
control of Darlington, S.C., in 2016, “occupying City Hall,
disbanding the city council and placing the mayor under house arrest.”
The rebels set up checkpoints on Interstate 95 and Interstate 20 looking
for illegal aliens. It’s a cartoonish and needlessly provocative
scenario.

The article is a choppy patchwork of doctrinal jargon
and liberal nightmare. The authors make a quasi-legal case for military
action and then apply the Army’s
Operating Concept 2016-2028 to the situation. They write bloodlessly
that “once it is put into play, Americans will expect the military to execute without pause and as professionally as if it were acting overseas.” They claim that “the Army
cannot disappoint the American people, especially in such a moment,”
not pausing to consider that using such efficient, deadly force against
U.S. citizens would create a monumental political backlash and severely
erode government legitimacy.

The vision is hard to take seriously. As retired ArmyBrig. Gen. Russell D. Howard, a former professor at West Point, observed earlier in his career, “I am a colonel, colonels write a lot of crazy stuff, but no one listens to colonels, so I don’t see the problem.” Twenty
years ago, then-Air Force Lt. Col. Charles J. Dunlap Jr. created a stir
with an article in Parameters titled “The Origins of the American
Military Coup of 2012.” It carried a disclaimer that the coup scenario
was “purely a literary device intended to dramatize my concern over
certain contemporary developments affecting the armed forces, and is
emphatically not a prediction.”

The scenario presented in Small
Wars Journal isn’t a literary device but an operational lay-down
intended to present the rationale and mechanisms for Americans to fight
Americans. Col. Benson and Ms. Weber contend, “Army
officers are professionally obligated to consider the conduct of
operations on U.S. soil.” This is a dark, pessimistic and wrongheaded
view of what military leaders should spend their time studying.

A
professor at the Joint Forces Staff College was relieved of duty in June
for uttering the heresy that the United States is at war with Islam.
The Obama administration contended the professor had to be relieved
because what he was teaching was not U.S. policy. Because there is no
disclaimer attached to the Small Wars piece, it is fair to ask, at least
in Col. Benson’s case, whether his views reflect official policy regarding the use of U.S. military force against American citizens.

--------------------------------

Farnsworth's take:

Well isn't this special? Is this guy insane OR did he just blurt out a state secret?

Read More: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2012/aug/7/the...

• Jensenmk 2012/08/23 11:48:34
    Jensenmk
    +1
    I will tell you that I have run into more than a couple military service members that are quite comfortable with the prospect of using force against innoncent American Citizens. I have seen both extremes as an adult; both where civilians attacked military members trying to maintain order and discipline (active and National Guard - Hurricane Andrew) and where the military was used to disarm and/or against civilians (Waco, Ruby Ridge, Hurricane Katrina).

That said, we (service members) took an oath to defend the United States against ALL enemies, foreign and domestic; this may be why there has been discussion in this administration to create a 'National Force' (read paramilitary, a la 'Brown Shirts') to fill the void created by military members who refuse to take up arms against their fellow citizens.
  • NightRyder Jensenmk 2012/10/30 23:59:32 (edited)
    NightRyder
    +1
    The military of today, even the so-called 'National Force', for the most part, will only do as they are told, but Nam Rangers were a cut and dried DIY outfit and only received their orders, and how they were carried out were left intirely up to them. Therefore, the modern army, even with it advanced weaponry, would not be a match for the standing retired army of professionals in the States today. When I was young and stupid I used a lot of strength and vigor, and its a wonder I didn't get myself killed. By the time I got out, I had learned that strenght is good for climing a mountian, but when it comes to defeating an enemy, planning, cunning, and the uncommon out does strength 100 to 1 in any situation.

Breifing
  • RezcrashGB 2012/08/13 15:04:09
    I only care about myself but acknowlegde I'm to lazy to get caudt up in a civ...
    RezcrashGB
    Had to tick that has i live UK , but cant see US troops doing that
    unless it was fanatic muslim extremists ..er.. tea party
    seizing control of South Carolina .
  • doofiegirl BTO-t- BCRA-F ~... 2012/08/13 14:47:14
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +1
    I wonder where these fools were when the OWS demos were Really a threat to society? How many cars has the TEA Party burned, how many lives have been lost at one of their rallies? How many arrests were made of TEA Party members? Compare 0 to this! Number of TEA party arrests Number of TEA party arrests Number of TEA party arrests
  • Farnsworth doofieg... 2012/08/13 19:40:22
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/08/13 12:26:30 (edited)
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    +1
    Of the things I will fight for in life, a small town in South Carolina is not one of them. Some people on both ends of the spectrum (the far ends) really want this. There's a lot I'm angry about, but I AM NOT WILLING TO KILL over political differences.
  • Farnsworth Beat Ma... 2012/08/13 13:57:21
    Farnsworth
    good to know.
  • NightRyder Beat Ma... 2012/10/31 15:29:38
    NightRyder
    +1
    I can respect that, but what if your government becomes your enemy as it did to the founders of this country in 1776, what is your answer to that?

Actually, we, as a people, have already taken far more abuse from the government than the founders did in their day, and to tell the truth, the clock is ticking.
  • Smashed 2012/08/13 11:18:30
    This guy has PTSD and is off his meds
    Smashed
    +5
    As a soldier of the United States of America, if I were told by a higher ranking person to attack/kill innocent Americans, I would REFUSE. I'm part of the army so I can defend the civilians of this great nation. I wouldn't expect any of my battle buddies to attack civilians either. If a civilian came at me, with a weapon, I would put my weapon down on the ground, kick it away from me, put my hands up and say "I don't want to fight you, you're my brother, me and my friends would never hurt you regardless of what the US Government is trying to do." And whatever happens after that, happens.
  • Farnsworth Smashed 2012/08/13 11:26:28
    Farnsworth
    +2
    thats good to know. I realize this "study" is just theory, but I do find it a bit chilling. I am talking it on faith that our patriotic soldiers would defend it's citizens against unlawful orders handed down by command.
  • Smashed Farnsworth 2012/08/13 11:28:00
    Smashed
    +3
    Oh for sure. I'm in the 82nd, and I don't know a single soldier here, that would attack it's own people. No matter what the circumstance. I would gladly give my life before I take an innocent one.
  • Farnsworth Smashed 2012/08/13 11:42:25
    Farnsworth
    +2
    Keep up the good work, we appreciate your sacrifice.
  • NightRyder Farnsworth 2012/10/31 15:48:54
    NightRyder
    +1
    The study is based on the military as being the only thing the government has to use. However, the government plan calls on a "National Force" not connected to the regular armed forces of the country. The plan is to have our military in far away lands before the government makes their move. It is possible that such a force is being assembled now out of illegal aliens and muslims already in the country. However, the government isn't stupid, they must disarm the people first. First the cities, then they can control the country more easily. At least that is the plan. We will just have to wait for it to play out, but I believe it is possible that there will be another "Concord" moment which would bring on a war.

I am not sure how that will effect several factors, I guess it depends on the time it happens. However, it has been seen that the covernment can keep a force from protecting Americans in the compond attack in Benghazi, Libya. At least it is something to think about.
  • dallas Smashed 2012/08/13 12:50:49
  • Smashed dallas 2012/08/13 12:53:39
    Smashed
    +2
    LOL you so mad bro
  • dave b Smashed 2012/08/13 12:58:41
    dave b
    +2
    He's being extra annoying this morning.
  • Smashed dave b 2012/08/13 13:00:25
    Smashed
    +2
    Lol he said he reported my terrorist activity to the department of homeland security....what a douche
  • Farnsworth Smashed 2012/08/13 14:13:54
  • Farnsworth dave b 2012/08/13 19:40:55
  • Farnsworth dallas 2012/08/13 14:13:14
  • doofieg... Farnsworth 2012/08/13 15:04:26
  • Smashed Farnsworth 2012/08/13 19:39:44
    Smashed
    +1
    LOL!!!! This made me laugh so hard
  • Franklin Smashed 2012/08/13 12:57:03
    Franklin
    +1
    I wish it where so simple – yes I can call you brother and even mean it here and now . But if as a soldier I or you where activated and sent to another city to fight “rebels” or “insurgents” or any other label that was placed on the target we where briefed on before hitting the ground ...how are we to know .
  • doofieg... Smashed 2012/08/13 14:54:32
    doofiegirl  BTO-t- BCRA-F ~PWCM~
    +2
    I honor you for your service! I could never fire on a person in the military! They have given, and are giving, too much for my freedom!
  • Farnsworth Smashed 2012/08/13 19:40:37
  • Smashed Farnsworth 2012/08/14 08:12:22
    Smashed
    +1
    LOL, omg user deactivated. That's hilarious man
  • Farnsworth Smashed 2012/08/14 11:09:51
    Farnsworth
    guy was seriously deranged.
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2012/08/13 11:13:08
  • dallas 2012/08/13 11:02:49
  • Farnsworth dallas 2012/08/13 11:16:00
    Farnsworth
    +2
    LOL, Kent state was Leftest radicals, your point is moot along with just plain stupid.
  • dallas Farnsworth 2012/08/13 11:21:39 (edited)
  • Farnsworth dallas 2012/08/13 11:28:39
    Farnsworth
    +3
    computers, not "computors"

Oh your a brave on too, so take your small penis and go eat bamboo...
  • zbacku Farnsworth 2012/08/13 14:47:39
    zbacku
    +1
    That would also be 'they're' also.
  • Farnsworth zbacku 2012/08/13 19:41:28
  • miller5... dallas 2012/08/13 15:36:23
    miller51550
    +1
    Obviously... you have NEVER BEEN in the military and have NEVER so anyone shot in a WAR.

You are EXACTLY what is wrong with America.

I was in ROTC during the Kent State Shootings and at BGSU.

So I KNOW about death and commanding troops.

People like YOU wishing HARM to others DEFINITELY shows how dumb people are in America.

I swore to PROTECT THE CONSTITUTION AND THE UNITED STATES from enemies both Domestic and Foreign.

You and OBAMA are ENEMIES OF THE STATE.

Crawl back under the rock that you use for a home.
  • Farnsworth miller5... 2012/08/13 19:41:40
  • miller5... Farnsworth 2012/08/14 16:38:14
    miller51550
    THANKS FOR THE UPDATE.
  • uguess 2012/08/13 11:01:49
    uguess
    +4
    PLEASE VISIT THESE LINKS AND READ THEM CLOSELY ! OPEN YOUR MIND TO REALITY! THINK FOR YOURSELF AND DON'T BE SPOON FEED THE DNC / CPC
    DECEPTION !

ITS LIKE ANYONE WHO IS A DEMOCRAT, IS IN ACTUALITY A SUPPORTIVE COMMUNIST, HELL BENT ON DESTRUCTION OF THE CONSTITUTION AND A FREE AMERICA !

WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK THE DRONES OVER AMERICAN SKY'S IS FOR! HUH!
    WHY DOES THE USA NEED A CIVILIAN ARMY STRONGER THEN OUR MILITARY ! TO FIGHT WHO? TO PROTECT WHO FROM OUR US MARINES, US AIR FORCE, US NAVY, US COAST GUARD !

MY TAKE IS THE ONLY LOGICAL REASON FOR HIS SPEECH ! LISTEN TO IT !

"THEY ARE TO TAKE OUT CONSTITUTIONAL AMERICANS ! ANYONE OPPOSED TO THE CPC are TERRORISTS ! AND THE NEW COMMUNIST AMERICA MUST BE PROTECTED FROM TEA PARTIER'S !

LISTEN TO THE FRIGGING WORDS OF OBAMA AND THE CPC! AMERICA YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

OBAMA WAS NOT TALKING TO AMERICAN CONSTITUTIONALIST. HE WAS TALKING TO HIS COMMUNIST PARTY MEMBERS.

WITH THIS TRUTH IN THE LIGHT, NOW LISTEN TO WHAT AND WHO IS HE TALKING ABOUT ! WHO ARE THE TARGETS NOW ! Listen to this original Video of actual and factual words from the mouth of the supreme leader himself.

But listen to it as a non party member and think to yourself why does he n...

DECEPTION !

But listen to it as a non party member and think to yourself why does he need to tell his party members what MUST BE DONE and why. If you are a Constitutional American, then You may catch on too why he is calling for a ARMY that will beat the US ARMY ! why is it needed? and to put down who?

FOR GOD SAKE DON'T BE A FOOL !

• Defend Western Civlization 2012/08/13 10:50:41
    Defend Western Civlization
    +6
    i believe American Military would tell the Liberals infecting the military leadership to get bent
  • uguess Defend ... 2012/08/13 11:08:43
    uguess
    +2
    JMCC IS FROM THE UK! HE IS NOT EVEN AN AMERICAN, WHY DO YOU THINK HE IS PROTECTING THE DNC AND THE CPC? WHY DO YOU THINK THERE ARE OVER 50 MILLION PLASTIC COFFINS OR WHY THERE ARE FOREIGN TROOPS STATIONED ON US SOIL ! WHY DID OBAMA MAKE THIS SPEECH ! FOR WHO?

JMCC IS A PROGRESSIVE IN SHEEP'S CLOTHING! HE IS A INSURGENT HELL BENT ON HELPING THE FORCED TAKE OVER OF AMERICA! THE DRONES ARE NEEDED TO KILL DEFENDING AMERICANS, DEFENDING THE CONSTITUTION !

EVIL LEADERS

2014/10/23 09:38:46