What do people from other countries think of americans in general?

oh my science 2009/06/18 15:27:15

• Damodi 2009/07/25 01:11:36 (edited)
    not that good
    Damodi
    +4
    I think then while the war on Iraq was going on and the height of Bush's reign, most of the world loathed America. I don't hate Americans that much anymore apart from the neo-conservatives. :P

• erin curnutte 2012/12/03 03:11:43
    not that bad
    erin curnutte
    Ha ha ha! Call me me ignorant, fat, or whatever the heck you want! I AM an American and regardless of what anyone has to say, this beautiful, messed up country has been blessed by God! Sure it has its problems, just like a lot of other countries, but, you have freedom and opportunities you wouldn't dream of anywhere else. It's a country based on taking chances. We put more faith in people than anywhere else in the world! We are constantly striving to change to try and make it better. And part of the recent problems we have had to endure is because of the HATE that people from other countries have for us! Take your judgements somewhere else, I will leave that to God thank you! All you Americans on this forum should be supporting our country not bashing it!
  • don erin cu... 2014/05/07 04:24:10
    don
    +1
    keep thinking that way erin
  • madmodgirl 2012/10/17 02:36:52 (edited)
    not that good
    madmodgirl
    I feel like just because a lot of Americans are ignorant and the American government does a lot of bad/stupid things doesn't mean you should have a bad perception of Americans as a whole. Even though the most well known and the most common Americans are ignorant and rude a lot of the people are just stereotyped and misunderstood. Yes there are a lot of ignorant rude overall obnoxious people in the united states but the United States is huge and the attitude and personality of the people changes from city to city and state to state so there is no real personality trait that all Americans have.

By the way I know a lot of really cool and really ignorant people in America but, please don't judge/stereotype all Americans it's a huge country and every city has a different personality and type of people so don't assume anything. There are actually a lot of brilliant and cool people in america they're just overshadowed by the stupidity of other people and the politics in America
  • Alexxxx 2011/04/19 03:37:12
    not that bad
    Alexxxx
    hey it's not Tay giving us a bad rep it's the guy that sings that hide yo kids hide yo wife song which I think is awesome!
  • taybby0212 2011/04/14 07:44:41
    not that good
    taybby0212
    I'm friends with people from a lot of other countries and I've asked them this question before. As a general consensus, they all came over here thinking that Americans were fat, lazy, and ignorant. They've learned since that this isn't the case with every person, but I've witnessed incidents myself in which an American has gone out of their way to make a negative comment or gesture.
  • michael taybby0212 2011/04/14 22:11:15
    michael
    +2
    yes you will get that because most of us are fat and ignorant
  • Josh Cramer 2011/03/27 19:24:07
    not that good
    Josh Cramer
    i think that other countries like people in the middle east dont like us because we are supposed to be a Christian country! i think that the people in Europe dont like us because they probably are being judgmental and think everyone in America are fat, non useful people and the people in Asia look down on us because we bombed Japan in 1945. but what do i know?
  • oh my s... Josh Cr... 2011/04/05 02:36:04
    oh my science
    whoa, what a weird response
  • Ralph 2011/03/20 23:48:30
    not that good
    Ralph
    +1
    Americans can be kind of ignorant at times, but don't blame the people, blame the news shows. They usually only show National events, and have a small feature on international events. Also the school systems can be kind of sub-par, but the government is trying to fix that, there are after school programs, and international programs. Some Americans can be over-weight, but the restaurants and schools are trying to encourage healthy eating in cafeteria and at home. But all together, we Americans are in trouble due to the recession, and recent cut backs in spending.
  • Savinya 2010/12/16 01:33:22
    not that bad
    Savinya
    +1
    I am not of American descent, nor was I born here. But what I have learned, is that many countries do not support America, which confuses me as to why they come running for help from the U.S. in the case of emergencies. I understand that we all have opinions in such cases, but without the U.S., many countries would be run down and over-taken. he only opinion that I have, is that if others hate the U.S. so much, try and get your governments to stop asking for aid and other such things. If these countries are so independent, survive on your own.
  • Megan 2010/08/26 23:10:07
    not that bad
    Megan
    +3
    See its stupid American's like Tay that give the rest of us a bad rep. I mean seriously, no one cared what you had to say after your first comment. And why did you even leave a comment if your so ignorant about everything anyways....
  • Ash Megan 2010/09/17 03:04:31
    Ash
    +4
    I agree with you, (I'm personally American myself) one or two people can ruin the perception of a whole country to other people. If she can't even read what the question is she should not be posting on this thread. I know I shouldnt have posted on this either but I couldnt hold it in.
  • Americablowsobamanuts 2010/04/13 02:45:23
  • kati America... 2011/01/05 11:14:48
  • gjfdmf kati 2011/01/20 04:56:54
    gjfdmf
    +2
    I don't personally think America is that bad it need a few adjustments like trying to get the fat people on a bicycle oh well at least your trying ( I mean biggest loser and Americas fullof em
  • michael America... 2011/04/14 22:16:08
  • fabulous dahling 2010/02/21 18:31:32
    not that good
    fabulous dahling
    +3
    Well, I actually conducted a similar survey recently for an essay I have to write, and the general consensus seems to be that Americans are a bunch of bumbling, belligerent idiots. Though I did get some neutral replies, and some people said that they didn't hate the people, but the government, but when your government is "we the people", that's not really saying much (though I personally believe we have given most of our power over to the various corporations and such, but this is getting off topic).

Also, I'm kind of offended by a couple of the Americans who have replied to this thread, honestly. You're making us look bad, stop it. D:<
  • MaxxaM 2009/12/06 22:39:32
    not that good
    MaxxaM
    +1
    I think that the EU has a positive view on the US, the Middle East calls us the Great Satan so thats a hell no, Japan is OK, and I don't know about Africa and Australia.
  • Brisi 2009/07/30 16:22:57
    not that bad
    Brisi
    In general they like Americans and they admire the American system, not talking about extremists just in general.
  • _Rebekah's Shadow_ 2009/07/29 20:12:02
    not that good
    _Rebekah's Shadow_
    +1
    Probably think we're selfish, hell *I* think we are, well actually not selfish exactly... just wasteful.
  • DarlingClarissa 2009/07/25 11:20:27
    not that good
    DarlingClarissa
    +1
    They hate us.
  • Tay 2009/07/25 02:13:00 (edited)
    not that bad
    Tay
    +1
    I LOVE AMERICAN"S. There better than anyone else.
  • Scott ヶ... Tay 2009/07/25 09:43:47
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +1
    Sure.....
  • Tay Scott ヶ... 2009/07/25 16:35:08
    Tay
    yep.
  • Scott ヶ... Tay 2009/07/25 19:41:32
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +1
    All that is a mater of opinion not actual fact.
  • Tay Scott ヶ... 2009/07/25 20:18:06
    Tay
    your point. it asks what we THINK! I've already had this conversatin with two other Austrailian guys dude.
  • Scott ヶ... Tay 2009/07/26 13:47:51
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    +1
    Well it actual says "What do people from other countries think of americans in general?".....aren't you american? So really what you say about it does not really mater unless it's factual.

That is what I meant.
  • Tay Scott ヶ... 2009/07/26 23:21:10
    Tay
    yes it does.
  • Scott ヶ... Tay 2009/07/27 08:00:56
    Scott ヶBrony Of PHAETヶ
    "Yes it does"....are commenting on that you are American or what you said (you think) is factual.

That small statement doesn't really make much sense.
  • Tay Scott ヶ... 2009/07/28 00:41:50
    Tay
    i mean my opinion does matter. in fact it matters more than yours cause i was born and raised here.
  • oh my s... Tay 2009/07/28 00:46:13
    oh my science
    +1
    in this question your opinion matters less, im not saying i don't want american opinions because i do...its just that the questions asks for the opinions of people from "other" countries.....it says so in the question, so please don't talk to him like that just because you were born in america
  • Tay oh my s... 2009/07/28 00:51:39
    Tay
    whatever.
  • oh my s... Tay 2009/07/28 01:00:24
    oh my science
    +1
    what's with the attitude
  • Tay oh my s... 2009/07/28 01:02:05
    Tay
    +1
    my tummy hurts.
  • Alexxxx Tay 2011/04/19 03:33:19
    Alexxxx
    +1
    My tummy hurts too :P
  • Tay Alexxxx 2011/04/21 00:58:42
    Tay
    lol. Ok, seriously people, I posted all that like years ago when I first joined because I thought it would be funny to see everybody get so ruffled about it. Obviously it worked then. But in truth, I think Americans are.... how do I put this...? Well you can't really label them. Everybody is different. There really is no "general," because people bring their own culture here. I guess the only way I really think about Americans in general is that they are crazy, strange, wild barbarians that want what they want because they know they can get it. I don't mean for this to sound selfish (even though most AMericans are) but I think you understand what I mean. If not, just comment back. And seriously people, give it a break. It's not like the world is going to end if some 13-year-old idiotic girl posts something that's moronic.
  • Kiara Scott ヶ... 2012/03/30 03:02:12
    Kiara
    +3
    Don't worry... not all Americans are like this.
  • Kiara Tay 2012/03/30 03:01:46
    Kiara
    +1
    Wow. Just SHUT UP. You are seriously one of the most ignorant, annoying Americans I've ever met in my life.
  • michael Tay 2011/04/14 22:12:14
    michael
    +4
    pure stupidity
  • Tay michael 2011/04/21 01:00:55
    Tay
    Like I said above. I was an idiotic 13-year-old who thought it'd be funny to get other people going. And you know what? I find it hilarious that it worked. =D

2014/10/25 03:27:13