What Are You Doing to Deal With Rising Gas Prices?

ABC News U.S. 2012/10/13 11:59:21

• Risk 2012/10/13 12:22:22 (edited)
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Risk
    +9
    Getting rid of Obama so we can pursue our own countries oil out of the ground and offshore !

obama stops oil exploration cartoon

• Mystify 2012/10/16 23:49:51
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Mystify
    I can't drive due to epilepsy.
  • Becky 2012/10/16 20:36:31
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Becky
    I just try to do my shopping (with a list of what I need and where I need to go) then make my rounds of shopping and then head home! It is not rocket science!
  • Margaret Jacobson 2012/10/16 05:53:00
    I ride my bike
    Margaret Jacobson
    Hit wrong choice walk public transportation, hope gas prices go down a little??
  • neumo42 2012/10/15 22:59:21
    I walk instead of drive
    neumo42
    i love walking so why not
  • santa6642 2012/10/14 13:28:56
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    santa6642
    I can't get to work by bike and there is no public transportion.
  • Christopher Bookkeeping 2012/10/13 23:47:50 (edited)
    I use public transportation
    Christopher Bookkeeping
    I use public transportation whenever it is available and when there is none available I walk. If people used bicycles or walked more often they would be healthier and less obese. I've always been curious why Democrats supposedly do not take action on the "no brainers" when it comes to energy. Need oil? Drill Baby Dril! forget about the BP oil spill two years ago, construct that Keystone pipeline! actually nothing is being done until after the election regardless of who wins, Frack until we're all Fracked out and pennsylvania water is undrinkable, They'd get a helluva lot of contributions from the energy industry lord knows the tree huggers have no dough and people would not have anything (pumpwise) to complain about. Sadly I'm certain some people would find something to hate about pres. Obama: erectile dysfunction, diabetes, high blood pressure, oh yeah! those things are all caused because of not getting enough physical exercise from depending on automobiles too much !
  • Sing_it_Out 2012/10/13 22:37:35
    I use public transportation
    Sing_it_Out
    I use public transportation more now. It's not uncommon for me to walk somewhere if it's not too far, rather than driving, but I think I'll be doing that a bit more than usual now.
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    What all poor and middle class people do--SPEND LESS! High gas hurts the poor, middle class and economy more than any other single factor and if you elect Obama you will get higher fuel and energy prices which hurts the poor and middle class more than any other single factor--a vote for Obama is a vote for higher taxes for all and a worst economic conditions!
  • Alleycat 2012/10/13 16:45:14
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Alleycat
    The real question is not what we are doing about these high gas prices, the question is what are you doing about these high gas prices.

When the Bush administration was confronted with this problem you crucified them on the cross of public opinion which is your job as the fourth rail of American politics but today you refuse hold this current Administration responsible.

ABC and organizations like you have become so ideologically driven that you are now derelict in you duties as journalist and Americans to the point of treason. Let me ask you a few questions:

What is this administration's energy plan free us from foreign sources of energy? Not speeches, promises and platitudes but a plan with real numbers.

This green energy fiasco has become criminal, merely methods to reward their political allies and punish their political enemies, political cronyism at its worst. Where is you investigative reporting on this?

Why was the Keystone pipeline aborted? Where is your investigative reporting on this?

The EPA have become a regulatory nightmare to our oil industry and is shutting down our domestic oil production. Where is your investigative reporting on this?

We are sending billions of dollars overseas to our enemies that undermine our every effort at peace and all you...

We are sending billions of dollars overseas to our enemies that undermine our every effort at peace and all you appear more interested in is re-electing this current incompetent administration. This folks is a dereliction of your duties and responsibilities as the fourth rail of American politics and I can assure you there will be a reckoning.
  • Christo... Alleycat 2012/10/14 00:03:45 (edited)
    Christopher Bookkeeping
    I've always been curious why Democrats supposedly do not take action on the "no brainers" when it comes to energy. Need oil? Drill Baby Dril! forget about the BP oil spill two years ago, construct that Keystone pipeline! actually nothing is being done until after the election regardless of who wins, Frack until we're all Fracked out and pennsylvania water is undrinkable, They'd get a helluva lot of contributions from the energy industry lord knows the tree huggers have no dough and people would not have anything (pumpwise) to complain about. Sadly I'm certain some people would find something to hate about pres. Obama: erectile dysfunction, diabetes, high blood pressure, oh yeah! those things are all caused because of not getting enough physical exercise from depending on automobiles too much !
  • Alleycat Christo... 2012/10/14 02:31:26
  • Gregaj7 2012/10/13 16:29:20
    I ride my bike
    I continue to be the example of using less of it so the rest of the populous catches on and does the same.
  • WTF 2012/10/13 16:29:00
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    WTF
    I just purchased a Prius and parked my three quarter ton king ranch!!
  • chicago 2012/10/13 16:25:16
    I use public transportation
    chicago
    And I use zipcar which provides a fantastic product (if you live in a city, I don't think the business model transfer well to the suburbs/country).
  • Chris - The Rowdy One! #187 2012/10/13 16:10:51
  • Cal 2012/10/13 16:09:17
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Cal
    I'm going broke!
  • BabyBear 2012/10/13 16:02:59
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    BabyBear
    I can afford it. I live so far below my means that I can afford 3-4 vacations a year. Maybe I'll have to cut out one trip.
  • Tennessee3501 2012/10/13 15:57:56
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Tennessee3501
    When you live 20 miles southwest of Knoxville, Tennessee, you cannot rely on the subway! LOL !
  • BigEyedFish 2012/10/13 15:42:02
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    BigEyedFish
    We drive less. I've always been conservative because we live where there are no stores in any direction for quite a distance so I've always been strategic in running errands.
    Paying to get my husband to and from work takes a chunk out of the money he's going there to make!!! Seems counter-intuitive.
  • Space Invader 2012/10/13 15:39:38
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Space Invader
    +2
    needed an other here... I've reduced the size of my main car to a gas saver; and only go out to places within a 10 mile radius...keep the lights off allot; and enjoy time at home....when the walls start to close in; we get in the car(my work car; its more comfortable); and drive around the city; and enjoy being out; listening to the radio..and enjoying our short time left together...and we eat allot of Banquet dinners and salads..YUM...
  • BigEyed... Space I... 2012/10/13 15:44:50
    BigEyedFish
    +2
    my husband and I used to go out for rides a lot but then we got our fresh water fishing licenses and all of our fishing holes are 10-15 minutes away. Ya get out there and listen to the silence and life's malarkey just seems to melt away.
  • Space I... BigEyed... 2012/10/13 16:09:16
    Space Invader
    +2
    that is a great way to live !!!! fishing is great
  • BigEyed... Space I... 2012/10/13 16:14:17
    BigEyedFish
    +2
    yea, I find that I run into a lot less people out there ;)
  • Space I... BigEyed... 2012/10/13 16:36:00
    Space Invader
    +2
    that's a good thing!!
  • BigEyed... Space I... 2012/10/13 23:03:43
    BigEyedFish
    +1
    Yes it is :)
  • Anna 2012/10/13 15:39:27
    I use public transportation
    Anna
    The prices are fine for us!!
  • jc 2012/10/13 15:39:05
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    jc
    My business is all about driving and doing free estimates.
  • I. Car Rus 2012/10/13 15:21:24
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    I. Car Rus
    Pedal harder.
  • Farnsworth 2012/10/13 15:10:35
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Farnsworth
    +3
    none of your options are viable in my case. Your answer assumes that everybody lives in a big city or the surrounding burbs and can do that. You forget many folks are rural.

What I have to do to offset high gas prices is to reduce my spending. Which other people do too and when it's all summed together you get a slowed down "depressed" economy.......DUH!

City people, have no concept.
  • Space I... Farnsworth 2012/10/13 16:10:00
    Space Invader
    +2
    agreed; in the country; it is allot different
  • Farnsworth Space I... 2012/10/13 16:43:44
    Farnsworth
    +2
    It may not be as long as a trek as some folks have but to work and back is about 44 miles. My car isn't the most fuel efficient, but it's the best I got. So high gas prices really hurt. My job requires I drive around the city, i get reimbursed but I still go in a hole every month on gas.
  • Dewymoon 2012/10/13 14:29:53
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Dewymoon
    +2
    I actually drive less .....mostly on a need to go basis gas prices
  • The Patriot 2012/10/13 14:22:38
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    The Patriot
    +1
    I heat my home with oil.

BUT - This year I went out and bought 10,000 copies of Obamas book "Dreams From my Father" at 50 cents each and plan on burning them in my wood stove to heat my house this winter.

Hey Thanks Obama.

BTW - YOU SUCK!
  • Bob 2012/10/13 14:12:49
    I ride my bike
    Bob
    This is ridiculous, pure greed: manipulating the price of fuel. They find any reason to raise fuel prices.
  • apachehellfire65 2012/10/13 14:02:37
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    apachehellfire65
    i pay it and get on with my life.
  • Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA 2012/10/13 13:50:39
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Dogzebra~PWCM~JLA
    I stay at home more 'cuz it's harder for me to make purchases with inflation as it is. I haven't driven my pick-up since my Xb gets better mileage. And now I tend to make a list of things I need, or need to do if I must go to into town
  • monte 2012/10/13 13:42:14
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    monte
    actually, i went out when they first started going up and i got a compact car, and i plan my errands carefully, and walk when i can , don't idle , avoid congested traffic areas ect
  • Beat Magnum True Hero 2012/10/13 13:36:39
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    Beat Magnum True Hero
    I'm currently abroad where the diesel fuel for the van I drive costs nearly $10/gal after the exchange rate. When I get home this December, I'll be so happy to only be paying $4 that I'll fill up my truck and go do donuts in a parking lot.
  • Mel the Witch POTL PWCM~JLA 2012/10/13 13:26:01
  • GANGA~Patriotic Revolution ... 2012/10/13 13:18:42
    Nothing, I'm hoping prices will go down
    GANGA~Patriotic Revolution BL-100+

2014/10/30 18:12:13