Were Founders of the United States "Community Organizers"?

TeaParty Patriot 2008/09/22 21:45:27
Laura Linney should quit acting and start community organizing
Linney insulted the 25,000 American Revolutionaries who died for her freedoms
Barack is clearly just like Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Jesus
Actress Laura Linney tried to prop up Barack Obama by diminishing the role of our Founding Fathers with her sly remark at the Emmy Awards. Didn't she watch the made-for-TV movie she starred in?

Linney, who played Adams' wife and confidante Abigail, could not resist a political barb after collecting her prize.

Linney said the mini-series was a tribute to "the great community organizers that helped form our country", a clear reference to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, a former community organizer.

Later, Linney took aim at Republican critics of Obama who have mocked his former work as a community organizer.

"I just have the most tremendous respect for anyone who serves their community," Linney said. "Our founding fathers were community organizers. And that is fact to me. And I feel that has been disparaged.

• veteran 2008/09/22 23:42:11
    veteran
    +15
    "Gentlemen, from this day forward, it is imperative that we should all hang together.....or it is most assured that we will all hang seperately."
    "Treason is an excuse, invented by the winners, to hang the losers."

"Community Organizers" don't face the risk of certain death in the face of insurmountable odds to attain the freedoms that all men deserve.......Patriots and Revolutionaries do.

There is only one man in this campaign who has faced the loss of life when asked...."Just how much do you love your country, and would you ever like to see it again?"

Enough said.

• boomer Nernie 2008/09/24 17:07:19 (edited)
    boomer
    you can have my permission only if you put this on there too. Everyone surrounding Barack Obama, since he was a kid, has either been a marxist, communist, socialist, or a known terrorist, like William Heirs! He is an avid supporter of the buying out of the corporations and banks that are failing, which is the very definition of fascism, and you honestly believe him to be trustworthy of the Whitehouse? I thank you for serving, i really do. I served before too, with all 4 services, as a soldier in the army, i know what it's like. but if you truly believe in liberty, you need to question what is going on in this country, because we are being violently pushed in to fascism, by people like Obama and Bush, and McCain... all globalist elite members, and all Council on Foreign Relations members... they are not for you or me, they are for their agendas. Look what the welfare state has done in this country... its kept people down! and obama wants to do that to the entire world! I'm not cohesive, but you're the one who "bets" he has accomplished more... and that may be, but to compare him to the founders is a disgrace. JFK fought against people like the Skull & Bones, the CFR, it's part of the reason he is dead today. Those are the same people who Obama works for, and you want to com...'"'"'''''''
    you can have my permission only if you put this on there too. Everyone surrounding Barack Obama, since he was a kid, has either been a marxist, communist, socialist, or a known terrorist, like William Heirs! He is an avid supporter of the buying out of the corporations and banks that are failing, which is the very definition of fascism, and you honestly believe him to be trustworthy of the Whitehouse? I thank you for serving, i really do. I served before too, with all 4 services, as a soldier in the army, i know what it's like. but if you truly believe in liberty, you need to question what is going on in this country, because we are being violently pushed in to fascism, by people like Obama and Bush, and McCain... all globalist elite members, and all Council on Foreign Relations members... they are not for you or me, they are for their agendas. Look what the welfare state has done in this country... its kept people down! and obama wants to do that to the entire world! I'm not cohesive, but you're the one who "bets" he has accomplished more... and that may be, but to compare him to the founders is a disgrace. JFK fought against people like the Skull & Bones, the CFR, it's part of the reason he is dead today. Those are the same people who Obama works for, and you want to compare him to Kennedy? who died fighting against the globalist elite? Brilliant. If you really are a marine you should be shouting your ass off about Obama talking to the Iraqi leadership, convincing them not to negotiate troop withdraw so HE can benefit from it. the man is a loser, and quite frankly, I don't know what planet his supporters live on. Hows that? a little more cohesive than "i bet he's accomplished more." ya, he's a US senator with all kinds of radical friends, running for the Whitehouse, without even turning in an official copy of his birth certificate. I'm impressed. and he supports Fascist policies, and wants to National-Socialize not only the rest of what's left of the free market, but the world as well. by the way, National-Socialism... ring a bell? If not, you may be interested to know that it is where the Nazi party came from. It's Fascism, it's not freedom! Are these complete enough sentences for you? I don't want to argue with you, we're on the same team here, the American People, but you gotta be kidding me that you actually support this guy, or even McCain...
  • -sasman- boomer 2008/09/24 14:17:07
    -sasman-
    +1
    By saying, "never accomplished a thing in his life," I assume you'd like to mention yours? I know you are not running for prez, but get real... you lack credibility...
  • AdamSmith -sasman- 2008/09/24 16:34:40
  • Charlie AdamSmith 2008/09/24 17:03:57
    Charlie
    +1
    It kills you to see a Black man doing well, doesn't it Adam. I can hear the hate and racism seeping through your pours. That hate is what has totally destroyed this country and it's world standing and respect. You reap what you sow, and the US has sowed some bad seeds, that's not unpatriotic, that's truth and fact.The more you respond, the dumber you sound!
  • JP ISO 2012 2008/09/24 09:10:10
    JP ISO  2012
    +4
    I just wish actors would shut up. Its clear when they open their mouths most of the time garbage comes out. Atleast half of the US is going to vote for McCain. Did they not learn a thing from the Dixie Chicks? I still refuse to support them. If they want my money they should keep their strange view to themselves.
  • slam 2008/09/24 09:00:06
    slam
    +1
    who gives a f**k?... the question is, do you feel good about bailing out those assholes on Wall St?. well, all you ignorant REPUGS should be licking your wounds real soon.....go ahead and stand by your boy mcinsane...........just remember......the revolution will NOT be televised!!
  • fuzzy K... slam 2008/09/24 13:19:45
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +3
    Slam, have you noticed that the Dems are not screaming for an investigation? Doesn't that strike you as a little suspicions?
    Bush Called For Reform of Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac 34 Times Since Taking Office In 2001. Dems Ignored Warnings
    Check this out
    http://www.familysecuritymatt...
  • OBAMA HATES OUR TROOPS! 2008/09/24 08:36:25
  • Nernie OBAMA H... 2008/09/24 14:08:12
    Nernie
    The Next President, had Nuthin ta doo with that!
  • dodgerb... Nernie 2008/09/24 14:47:42
    dodgerblue_42
    +1
    Quite frankly you are right. John McCain had nothing to do with that. Learn to speak and right English.
  • kirkinsf 2008/09/24 08:19:00
    kirkinsf
    +1
    As I understand it, the roll of a community organizer is to, well, organize a community to take action on issues that their government, whether national or local, is not. A successful revolution without a central government would take one heck of an organized community, so I'm gonna say yes, our founding fathers were indeed, in some capacity, community organizers. Although the actual organizing of the community was probably left to a lot of other people we've never heard of.

I have to say that the answer options to this poll have little to do with the question. The question is about the founding fathers and the answers are about Obama and 25,000 revolutionaries. What's with that, T?
  • coonass 2008/09/24 08:10:32
    coonass
    +1
    Laura Linney seems to have gotten through Part I of American History in college by taking "the horizontal final." Seriously, do we have to revisit the difference between someone who PLAYS a statesman (or the wife of a statesman) and actual people capable of impacting human events? As an actress or an historian, Laura Linney is a superb fast-food cook. Let's leave it at that.
  • Rose for Equal Pay 2008/09/24 07:03:55
    Rose for Equal Pay
    +1
    This is a biased question. What this country needs is a community organizer. If people haven't noticed, other countries are "organizing" and are becoming way more influential than any one nation should be. But then again, that was once America's position.
  • coonass Rose fo... 2008/09/24 08:20:08
    coonass
    +1
    Really? Under Mahmoud Ahmadinejhad, Iran has become so much more prosperous and peaceful (and in case you haven't been keeping up with world events, that's sarcasm). And Vladimir Putin has done a wonderful job of "organizing" Russia from a disorganized democracy back up into a militaristic threat to world peace. Hugo Chavez has put a stake right through the heart of democracy in Venezuela, all to cheers and applause from the likes of Bill Moyers.

And Barack Obama himself traveled to Kenya to campaign for that well-known Islamist community organizer Raila Odinga, who protested his loss in that country's recent Presidential election by ordering sectarian riots in which over 700 Kenyan Christians were murdered. That got him a "power-sharing deal" in Kenya. Sure nice how that "community organizing" thing works, huh?

And of course, there's a clear-cut difference between "community organizing" the way Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton practice it and extortion - those two gentlemen so far have managed to avoid Federal prosecution here for doing what in other countries would get them thrown under the jail.

No, America was never run by the slime of its streets, and God willing it'll stay that way.
  • Rose fo... coonass 2008/09/24 08:31:23
    Rose for Equal Pay
    +1
    You completely missed the point of my post. I said the countries are organizing. I didn't say you had to like their organization or their aims, but he fact is...they're organizing. In order to even be a threat, they had to organize. The terrorists organize. Perhaps....if the US had been more organized and had credible intelligence....or reviewed the credible intelligence.....we wouldn't be talking about this. But it's obvious you don't comprehend very well.
  • Poet003 2008/09/24 06:31:20
    Poet003
    +1
    Noone but god really knows what a canidate will do when he or she is elected.
    This performer has a right to her opinon.
  • coonass Poet003 2008/09/24 08:21:30
    coonass
    Just like Mel Gibson and Michael Richards, huh?
  • Poet003 coonass 2008/09/24 08:36:41
    Poet003
    Yes they have a right to theirs too.Often people show what they are really like
    on the net.Prejudice is more displayed on the net where people hide behind
    their screennames.
  • Poet003 Poet003 2008/09/24 08:38:46
    Poet003
    I probably should stay out of warfare because I hear voices and that could
    trigger me to misuse a weapon.I'd be good for a suicide mission but
    doing that would make us like our enemies.
  • Poet003 Poet003 2008/09/24 08:44:03
    Poet003
    As a mentally ill person sometimes I hear things like voices screaming racist
    remarks in my head among many of the other horrible sounds.I understand
    why people are scared of me.I don't hate people for their prejudice
    aganist the mentally ill.Its easier to understand and sympathize with
    that sort of prejudice then it is people having skin color prejudice.
    Although God would probably appreciate it if we did not have any
    prejudice.
  • concerned 2008/09/24 03:43:14
    concerned
    +1
    a leader he is ...just as many others ....but we all shoult ask the oil companies to pitch in help on that 700,000,000,000,000.00 needed by the weathly
  • coonass concerned 2008/09/24 08:24:30
    coonass
    +3
    Obama's more of a leader just like Hugo Chavez, Mahmoud Ahmadineijhad, and Mahmoud Abbas.
  • jsd concerned 2008/09/24 11:40:46
    jsd
    +2
    Leader? God help us...........
  • concerned jsd 2008/09/25 03:58:08
    concerned
    he better for what a mess bush us lead us ...obama all the way to the white house
  • maximus 2008/09/24 03:02:09
    maximus
    +1
    yeap, just like Obama the magic negro! a community organizer! our country was founded by a group of them, they all got together and like Obama they read Saul Alinsky's book ......and did this........

Rules for Radicals -- 1971 Book by Saul Alinsky
    "Lest we forget at least an over-the-shoulder acknowledgment to the very first radical: from all our legends, mythology, and history (and who is to know where mythology leaves off and history begins -- or which is which), the first radical known to man who rebelled against the establishment and did it so effectively that he at least won his own kingdom -- Lucifer."

This is important because on the very same page we find this:

Thirteen years after Alinsky died, some of his former students hired Barack Obama to a $13,000 a year job as a community organizer in South Chicago. In a few years he became very proficient in the Alinsky Method of community organizing and became an instructor and teacher of the Alinsky Method to other community organizers

So after years of community organizing they all met in Philly PA and wrote down some stuff on paper and shazam! America was born!! It true... it'e true I read all about it on moveon.org
  • coonass maximus 2008/09/24 08:29:36
    coonass
    +2
    It's a miracle!

From being called "stupid white men" by that fat turd of a community organizer Michael Moore, and every idiot who breathes heavily in the theater while watching his movies, the Founding Fathers have been rehabilitated to "community organizers" by the national corps of mindless hypocrites - so Barack Obama could be compared favorably to them.

One more reason to drop HBO (where Linney's soporific performance aired) from my satellite package, which I did a LONG time ago.
  • scfirefighter63 2008/09/24 02:34:09
    scfirefighter63
    +4
    You know, I read some of these before I voted. Some of you people are nuts. If you think so little of the founding fathers of this country, and think it is such a bad place. Please by all means leave. I am sure there is some other country that would love to have you. Cuba might be a good place to start, or even Iran. I am sure they would be glad to let you speak your mind the way you are able to in this country.
  • Smarter, then you! 2008/09/24 01:54:45 (edited)
    Smarter, then you!
    +2
    Jesus Christ was a community organizer...and Pontius Pilate was a governor!

Obama/Biden '08!!!!
  • coonass Smarter... 2008/09/24 08:31:21
    coonass
    +2
    "Ponchus Pilate"? "PONCHUS PILATE"?

Sure, Zippy, you're smarter than us. Just keep on telling yourself that.
  • sdeakins Smarter... 2008/09/24 10:40:24
    sdeakins
    Geoge Wallace and Lester Maddox were governors also and good Democrats as well. geoge wallace lester maddox governors democrats
  • dodgerb... Smarter... 2008/09/24 14:41:03
    dodgerblue_42
    Your statement is so wrong that it hurts to respond.

Jesus Christ was our Saviour and any other comparison is disgraceful. Obama is a fake and chamelion.

Pontius Pilot was a governor who tried to do the right thing and release Christ but the mob chose Barabas, the murder. Remind you of anything ? The brain-dead, kool-ade drinking mob choosing Osama, the destroyer of all we hold dear (if elected) ? The juxtaposition of Obama as Jesus and Pontius as Palin is a disgrace if only because you and Susan Saradon have no idea what you are talking about. Try reading The Bible and you would know that and probably have a new view of the world.
  • Smarter... dodgerb... 2008/09/24 17:03:35
    Smarter, then you!
    See...you just admitted it right there. He was a governor.

That's what I said.

Thank you.
  • AdamSmith Smarter... 2008/09/24 15:30:50
    AdamSmith
    just plain stupid...... More DNC talking points........
  • thir1t3en..Sie hassen mich ... 2008/09/24 01:09:13
    thir1t3en..Sie hassen mich und ich liebe es
    +3
    To compare Obama to jesus is absolutely ridiculous, unless you are an atheist and don't believe in jesus. lol! I do not know what her statement was and quite frankly,I really dont care. But to ASSume our founding fathers were organizers... guess that makes her look like an ASS.
  • Smarter... thir1t3... 2008/09/24 08:02:09
    Smarter, then you!
    +1
    Wow wow wow. I don't know where you get off saying I compared Obama to Christ. No where in that sentence did I compare the two.

And if you looked closely, you would see that I also never mentioned anything about our founding fathers either. Not even for my answer.

Nice try.
  • thir1t3... Smarter... 2008/09/24 20:15:25 (edited)
    +1
    Umm,you need to change your name hon. This is what one of the answers CLEARLY says:
    "Barack is clearly just like Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Jesus "..
    The following is what you said to me after I post my comment:
    "Smarter than you! posted 1 day ago
    reply

Nice try."

The ASS I was referring to was Linney. I never insulted YOU. You must be paranoid to ASSume everything is about you.

Nice try to you. Oh and by the way- I was answering this poll, not commenting on your comment, so step off. school thomas jefferson founding father answering poll commenting comment step
  • Smarter... thir1t3... 2008/09/24 22:26:19
    Smarter, then you!
    ...."And go back to school, because Thomas Jefferson WAS a founding father."

Ok, listen homo! I never said anything about our founding fathers. I never said that Thomas Jefferson wasn't a founding father, and I never said he was either. I never gave any opinion what-so-ever about our founding fathers. So, do me a favor...don't put words in my mouth.

Again...I gotta give you props for trying.
  • thir1t3... Smarter... 2008/09/24 22:54:32 (edited)
    +1
    Oh my gosh. You cant reason with the retarded. Are you bi-polar? Schizophrenic? Have no understanding what the hell you type? Do I need to copy and paste your ENTIRE comment to me or my retort back? I SAID I had responded to Mouthpiece's answer... So you know, I must block you for winning this weeks most retarded on Soda Head. retort responded mouthpieces answer block winning weeks retarded soda head

P.S. - I am a homosapien, yes. I am not homogenized. I am certainly not homophobic. Be careful who you insult. You know NOTHING about me.
  • Smarter... thir1t3... 2008/09/25 04:20:03 (edited)
    Smarter, then you!
    Ok, seriously...the way you phrased your sentence above....

..."And go back to school, because Thomas Jefferson WAS a founding father."

Implies that I said he was or wasn't...and I CLEARLY never even mentioned it.

Get it right!

I know you were responding to another post the first time...but this time, you weren't.

I must also say...there is no apostrophe in "weeks."
  • thir1t3... Smarter... 2008/09/25 13:03:23 (edited)
    +1
    How about you just let it fucking go? Jesus harry aged christ. Your attempt to make yourself look smarter than you actually are is rather nauseating. . If you knew I was responding to the poll, you would not have said what you did.

attempt smarter nauseating check grammar spelling- apostrophe weeks plural stfu

2014/11/22 21:23:23