Were Founders of the United States "Community Organizers"?

TeaParty Patriot 2008/09/22 21:45:27
Laura Linney should quit acting and start community organizing
Linney insulted the 25,000 American Revolutionaries who died for her freedoms
Barack is clearly just like Thomas Jefferson, John Adams and Jesus
Actress Laura Linney tried to prop up Barack Obama by diminishing the role of our Founding Fathers with her sly remark at the Emmy Awards. Didn't she watch the made-for-TV movie she starred in?

Linney, who played Adams' wife and confidante Abigail, could not resist a political barb after collecting her prize.

Linney said the mini-series was a tribute to "the great community organizers that helped form our country", a clear reference to Democratic presidential candidate Barack Obama, a former community organizer.

Later, Linney took aim at Republican critics of Obama who have mocked his former work as a community organizer.

"I just have the most tremendous respect for anyone who serves their community," Linney said. "Our founding fathers were community organizers. And that is fact to me. And I feel that has been disparaged.

• veteran 2008/09/22 23:42:11
    veteran
    +15
    "Gentlemen, from this day forward, it is imperative that we should all hang together.....or it is most assured that we will all hang seperately."
    "Treason is an excuse, invented by the winners, to hang the losers."

"Community Organizers" don't face the risk of certain death in the face of insurmountable odds to attain the freedoms that all men deserve.......Patriots and Revolutionaries do.

There is only one man in this campaign who has faced the loss of life when asked...."Just how much do you love your country, and would you ever like to see it again?"

Enough said.

• ducdodger 2008/09/24 13:52:06
    ducdodger
    +5
    This just goes to show you how out of touch Hollywood really is. Since when does anyone give a dam about what Hollywood thinks anyway.
  • TeaPart... ducdodger 2008/09/25 07:24:14
    TeaParty Patriot
    Oprah, Spielberg, Hanks, Streisand, blah blah blah.
  • Nernie 2008/09/24 12:53:59
    Nernie
    +3
    this is a not issue in my opinionated opinion.
  • Chocolat-In the universe I ... 2008/09/24 12:14:36
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    +3
    The founding fathers were community organizers for white Americans.
    that was their focus to develop jobs and homes for White Americans.
  • fuzzy K... Chocola... 2008/09/24 13:03:12
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +3
    No, many of the founding fathers wanted to abolish slavery in the new country they were establishing. The representatives of the Southern states protested since their economy was based on slave labor.
    Rather than risk a divided nation or worse yet 2 nations, they allowed slavery.
    Were the founding fathers for community organizers for whites only? Yes, some of them but that doesn't damn all of them.

Come on Tresor. I expect better from you.
  • Chocola... fuzzy K... 2008/09/24 13:54:35
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    +3

I think you have answer where the founding fathers priorities were in believing all men are created equal. I don't discount there were few against slavery, but their greed and alliance were to white America.
  • fuzzy K... Chocola... 2008/09/24 14:05:03
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +3
    No, their alliance was to the nation they were trying to form. It was not out of bigotry.
    They had to appease one group (Southerners) while not doing anything for another (slaves of all color).
  • Chocola... fuzzy K... 2008/09/24 14:44:44 (edited)
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    +2
    The nations of their alliance was white. There were not slaves of all colors.....only those from African during that time frame. They were looking out for their own interest and not the interest of all living in this country. At the time, they did not consider Africans/blacks human and thought them to be below/sub human, animals, property.

You can not justify them keeping blacks as slaves because land and union was more important than human life. Or can you? Yes, I suppose you do see land and wealth more important than the Africans/black slaves who lived in poverty and had to take what garbage was given to them to eat and live in.
  • Captain... Chocola... 2008/09/24 16:00:20 (edited)
    Captain America
    +2
    The funny truth. "All men are created equal."

OF course Fuzzy does not get the big picture yet, this definition was defined by law men as white male property owners over the age of 18 of the correct racial decent, and not indentured and enslaved peoples.

In fact not even the Irish and especially not a woman of ANY color race or breed had much rights. Woman having been considered chattle.

As far as kissing the ass of the southerners - the founders second string performers removed their own glory by doing so.

America was not America until today - and the same thing will be said tomorrow.

Its jst the truth, you didnt deserve a D/R for telling the truth Tresor.
  • Chocola... Captain... 2008/09/24 16:12:13 (edited)
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    +1
    Thank you, Jeromy. They down rave me for telling me the truth and want to label me a racist. I don't care about the labeling because I am my own person and I know I don't hate anyone because of their skin, sexual orientation or economic background. It is their character and attitude that stinks.
  • TeaPart... Chocola... 2008/09/25 07:28:55
    TeaParty Patriot
    But you think that all white people are racists. That is racism or stereotyping and wrong.

I didn't give you thumbs down for being wrong. I want to give you some for your implicit racism against whites. But that would look like I am hating on you and you already get enough of that.
  • Chocola... TeaPart... 2008/09/25 13:19:52
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    I have never said all white people are racist.
  • TeaPart... Chocola... 2008/10/14 05:36:38
    TeaParty Patriot
    I know you probably haven't said that. You think it. Just for fun... name one public white person who isn't a racist. One whitey who deep down doesn't harbor animosity towards blacks or feels superior over other colors. A white person who feels equal and doesn't have years of racist thinking drilled into him.
  • AdamSmith Captain... 2008/09/24 16:30:26 (edited)
    AdamSmith
    +2
    Why do you people always focus on race....... Could it be you are a racist???? And women are still considered chattle in a large portion of the world..... WHy dont you talk about those countries with such hatred as you talk about the best Country in the world..... You would be executed in those countries for saying such a thing...... YOu should be really happy right now that you live here, even though you don't deserve it or appreciate it!
  • Captain... AdamSmith 2008/09/24 17:06:56 (edited)
    Captain America
    Well because the we are continually working to improve ourselves, and knowing our history, and the history of other nations as far back as history allows us to look helps us to understand where we come from.
    When looking at our own history while comparing certain parts of our past to other parts of our past we can discover trends in history, and the root is often racism, and the fact that Americas prosperity is largely based on the removal of the conditions that we originally set for ourselves regarding race through certain actions like the Civil War and Civil Rights and Woman's Rights we find the temptation to continually define and continue to perfect the balance by observing ourselves and noting the similarities of past and present to obtain a more perfect future..
    Example - as you said yourself in your own words - "Why do YOU people." and that in itself is a sign of exclusion and the quest for refinement.
    The opposite of coming together as one people.
    But I don't call you a racist understand.
    Not with a person Like Adam Smith the philosopher and Economist as your adornment who wrote "The Theory of Moral Sentiments,' and was most famous for his philosophy of "the obvious and simple system of natural liberty," and argued against the formation of monopolies. He also thought of t...""

Not with a person Like Adam Smith the philosopher and Economist as your adornment who wrote "The Theory of Moral Sentiments,' and was most famous for his philosophy of "the obvious and simple system of natural liberty," and argued against the formation of monopolies. He also thought of the assembly line before Ford, "a division of labour would effect a great increase in production."
    So he was in fact a natural libertarian and not a conservitive according to todays measure.
    Thanks for the question.
  • TeaPart... Chocola... 2008/09/25 07:26:51
    TeaParty Patriot
    I guess you think that all blacks who contributed to the fight of freedom against the British king were stupid pigeons of white community organizers.
  • Captain... TeaPart... 2008/09/25 15:31:20 (edited)
    Captain America
    could you give me an example of a black person fighting against " the British king ?"
  • TeaPart... Captain... 2008/10/14 05:40:23
  • TeaPart... Captain... 2008/10/14 05:41:00
    TeaParty Patriot
    Many blacks were loyal to the king and were betrayed by the British when they lost.
  • Captain... TeaPart... 2008/10/14 05:50:35 (edited)
    Captain America
    He was an early black intelligence agent.

A freed slave. Because he was not a soldier he could not gain freedom through emancipation under the Act of 1783.
    but lucky for him he petitioned and got it anyway.

Good job.

only he was not loyal to the king. Try again.
  • TeaPart... Captain... 2008/10/14 19:47:38
    TeaParty Patriot
    You wanted an example of a black fighting against the British. James Lafayette Armistead did that. And I gave a link to many more.

I also pointed out that many other blacks kept their loyalty with the British.
  • AdamSmith fuzzy K... 2008/09/24 14:01:05
    AdamSmith
    +3
    Why expect better from her? She is the biggest racist on this site!
  • AdamSmith AdamSmith 2008/09/24 14:02:30
    AdamSmith
    +3
    She is another Obama Zombie..... and Obama pays her to write this crap!!!!!!

Photobucket
  • AdamSmith AdamSmith 2008/09/24 14:04:52
  • Charlie AdamSmith 2008/09/24 16:56:48
    Charlie
    Adam, you are an idiot!
  • thir1t3... AdamSmith 2008/09/24 21:10:20
    thir1t3en..Sie hassen mich und ich liebe es
    +1
    I agree with you. Every poll she has answered is riddled with " white people this,and white people that".. I get sick of it. But she isn't a racist.. WtFe. I believe in empowerment of any one person or race, but we all bleed the same damn color. She needs to get the chip off her shoulder as does jeromy.
  • dodgerb... Chocola... 2008/09/24 14:17:26
    dodgerblue_42
    +4
    Judging by your nickname, you think that you are a "treasure" but here is a flash, your thoughts and believes are an abominaiton.... Obama Nation. You live in the greatest country the world has ever known and all you want to do is disrespect the people who fought for you to be able to live here.

I suppose that the white Republicans that forced thru the Civil Rights Act against full Democratic Party protest were only focused on the rights of whites ?

This is not about your race or the past, this election is about the future of our country and the viability of this country for our children. Believe it. Vote for it. Obama is anti-everything that should matter to true Americans.
  • Chocola... dodgerb... 2008/09/24 16:58:47 (edited)
    Chocolat-In the universe I trust.
    +1
    I am a chocolate treasure----whether you believe it or not. I don't recall asking you if you agreed or your permission to wear the name either.

You live in the greatest country the world has ever known and all you want to do is disrespect the people who fought for you to be able to live here.

You mean they fought for me and my relatives to live here after they enslaved them and treated them as cattle for hundreds of years? Do you believe they have done us a great favor? Should my relatives and I be grateful that our culture was stolen from us, my relatives were beaten and lynched, when the slaves were freed they were given no home, money or any necessities to become self-sufficient and they denied education to blacks?

White republican did not force Civil Rights Act although many of them voted for the act. And why should they not? Do you believe I should be loyal to that party because they do what they believe will benefit their party and not the masses? You are damn straight, it is about our future and I don't see much of a future voting republican and for McCain. This country was built on the free labor, blood and lives of blacks and we got nothing but further degradation from white for wanting to be treated with respect and as equals. Every movement in this ...

White republican did not force Civil Rights Act although many of them voted for the act. And why should they not? Do you believe I should be loyal to that party because they do what they believe will benefit their party and not the masses? You are damn straight, it is about our future and I don't see much of a future voting republican and for McCain. This country was built on the free labor, blood and lives of blacks and we got nothing but further degradation from white for wanting to be treated with respect and as equals. Every movement in this country has come about because of those who demanded change. Every change has been met with the strongest resistance of white society. He is another Bush and Bush has ruined our stating with other countries along with our own nation. This is a movement for change in our government, society and the lives of American. You can not stop it because the masses demand it.
  • Captain... Chocola... 2008/09/24 17:35:42 (edited)
    Captain America
    +1
    don't bother with crack heads like that guy above, bother crack heads guy

he has 911 as a motto and yet supports the idea that his own government should not be questioned for its failings, ever wonder why brown was dismissed over Katrina but no one was dismissed over 911???

Thats the kind of crap we dont need- its so nontransparent that it reflects the truth!
  • Charlie Chocola... 2008/09/24 16:51:17
    Charlie
    Yea, and they used Black America to build it!
  • Early Chocola... 2008/09/25 01:37:01
  • TeaPart... Chocola... 2008/09/25 07:25:30
    TeaParty Patriot
    +1
    There you go again. Turning everything into a racial issue. Take your victimhood status elsewhere.

America has done more for Africans than any country in Africa.
  • boomer 2008/09/24 12:13:14
    boomer
    +5
    alright, this is getting sickening to me. why does anyone insist on comparing a man like Barack "Milhouse" Obama, who has never accomplished a thing in his life, never bothered with giving to charity until he decided to run for president, never even successfully got a bill amended in congress; to people like JFK, Jesus, and our founding fathers? it's a shame to say he's like them, and whoever promotes that idea ought to be ashamed of themselves. if the founders were here today listening to obama promote the crap he promotes, they'd kick his little communist a$$
  • Nernie boomer 2008/09/24 13:05:20
    Nernie
    +2
    How can U say this, With out knowing, I'd still bet he's accomplished more than you or most anyone here!
    Tip of the Day:
    Take the blinders off and open your Eyes, Plz!

I'd like your permission to post your comment on my website as an example as to why this Nation will remain short of cohesiveness !

People who blindly believe what is passed around during political campaigns,
    along with the elitist attitude, is what will keep bigotry and evil Alive on MAIN St.
  • ducdodger Nernie 2008/09/24 14:02:11
    ducdodger
    +5
    I'll bet you Mr. Obama hasn't done a dam thing for this country. Everything he has done is for one person. Barrack Hussein Obama. The only thing he wants is power. Just like most of the politicians today. To compare him to our founding fathers is a slap in their faces. He has done nothing for the working man what so ever. Look at his prior record in the Illinois state senate. He has not sponsored one Bill and vote present. The same goes for his time in the US Senate. I don't believe for a minute he has done more than most people on this site. The only person with the elitist attitude is Obama he doesn't care about the working person except to take our money to give it to someone who's to lazy to get a job.
  • Nernie ducdodger 2008/09/24 14:07:09
    Nernie
    +1
    Ok, Now I am truly starting to believe you just don't like 'im, Huh?
  • AdamSmith Nernie 2008/09/24 16:34:02
  • boomer ducdodger 2008/09/24 16:56:43
    boomer
    Barack Obama is a member of the Globalist elite society Skull & Bones. he's a globalist marxist, and anyone who wants to compare him to jesus, JFK, the founding fathers, really need to well, they need to be educated. JFK fought against the elitist societies, it's part of the reason he was assassinated. let's not forget Obama and McCain for that matter, are both members of the Council on Foreign Relations... whos goal is to create a one world banking/government system. Got Sovereignty America? not if a CFR member makes it to the presidency.
  • AdamSmith Nernie 2008/09/24 16:32:51
  • boomer Nernie 2008/09/24 17:01:06
    boomer
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?... check that out. feel free to confirm any information you think is inaccurate.

2014/09/01 08:11:05