WELCOME to The UNITED SOCIALIST STATES of AMERICA..

angelbaby 2012/06/28 15:15:46
Related Topics: America, US
How do you like us now?

No RAVES please!!

• Random 2012/07/26 05:56:19
    Random
    So what? Practically every country has socialism in some form. Get over it.
  • Lee 2012/07/10 15:22:54
    Lee
    What a bunch of BS!

American Right Wingers think anyone with any common sense at all is a Socialist.

Lincoln, TR, and Eisenhower, all of them fine Republican Presidents in their day, would be considered Socialists by today's Republican Party, the Latter Day Republicans.

Latter Day Republicans have as much in common with the Party of Lincoln as Saint Mitt Romney has in common with a Real Saint.

The GOP has has degenerated into a seething mass of lower life forms, traitors, and parasites completely unable to think as individuals
  • Chief 2012/07/01 13:33:35
    Chief
    +1
    I don't like us at all, this is not the Country our Fore Fathers wanted.
  • angelbaby Chief 2012/07/01 16:44:27
    angelbaby
    +1
    Wondering what they would do about the recient events?
  • Chief angelbaby 2012/07/01 18:59:54
    Chief
    +1
    I have been pondering that myself. I'm sure they would be at the tavern discussing plans at the very least.
  • angelbaby Chief 2012/07/01 21:21:50
    angelbaby
    +1
    You and I both know that's exactly what they'd be doing..
  • Chief angelbaby 2012/07/01 21:24:39
    Chief
    +1
    : ) I thought you'd say that.
  • angelbaby Chief 2012/07/01 21:27:16
    angelbaby
    +1
    It would be cool to be a part of that!!
  • Chief angelbaby 2012/07/01 21:33:24
    Chief
    +1
    yes, that it would, Tis better to die on your feet then live on your knee's
  • Jerry 2012/07/01 07:12:25
    Jerry
    +1
    ................ I will Never, opt for what is posted above............ Never..........
  • angelbaby Jerry 2012/07/01 16:43:17
    angelbaby
    We've got to vote Obama OUT!!
  • keeper 2012/06/29 22:34:39
    keeper
    +1
    Quite the kettle of fish we are in now!!!
  • angelbaby keeper 2012/06/29 22:40:23
    angelbaby
    +1
    Indeed it is Keeper ...
  • Schläue~© 2012/06/28 23:06:39
    Schläue~©
    +1
    NOT YET... this violation of rights just increased the stakes.
  • Diane Spraggs Yates 2012/06/28 19:02:11
    Diane Spraggs Yates
    +3
    I agree 100% with this answer----Our nation was founded on the Declaration of Independence. Freedom of choice and a free market are at the core of our nation’s soul. A governmental mandate for the behavior of individuals and private enterprises is anathema to what our founders intended. The prospect of having an unelected panel of bureaucrats determining fundamental decisions about our individual health care is perhaps the most personal and intimate intrusion into our lives. The concept of this absurd and dangerous law surely ranks with the grievances laid down 236 years ago
    Give it a rest, huh?
  • angelbaby Lady Wh... 2012/06/28 20:40:17
    angelbaby
    +3
    Never!!!!! Never, Never, Never :)
  • loony t angelbaby 2012/06/28 21:37:37
    loony t
    +2
    Can i add a never angelbaby?
  • angelbaby loony t 2012/06/28 22:56:20
    angelbaby
    +3
    Please do because I dont think I got my point across :)
  • betz angelbaby 2012/06/29 09:51:50
    betz
    +1
    Oh I won't either, angelbaby. Mitt will take care of all of this.
  • angelbaby betz 2012/06/29 16:51:35
    angelbaby
    +3
    Yes he will.. After closer review of the SCOTUS decision I have a completely different perceptive
    Than I did yesterday :)
  • Schläue~© angelbaby 2012/06/29 17:09:32
    Schläue~©
    +1
    I thought you might.
    I was bummed by the way it first came out but soon realized what Roberts had done.

I'll agree that the whole bill is unConstitutional in the fact that it was presented on a national level and not left up to the states, but that is not what was brought before the court, only the part about increased Medicaid burden.

They were petitioned to review certain aspects, which is what happened.
    All of the Justices agreed that the Commerce Clause didn't justify the mandate, but under the 16th amendment, Roberts was able to refer to taxation which says

"The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes on incomes, from whatever source derived ..... "

That includes everyone since any type of compensation is regarded as 'income' even if it comes in the form of Federal or state assistance programs.

The whole thing is rather convoluted and I'm sure more & more people will understand what he did and WHY he did it.
    In his opinion, he comes through the back door slamming the bill and leaving it for the people to decide.
  • betz Lady Wh... 2012/06/29 09:51:26
  • Mrkando 2012/06/28 18:12:05
    Mrkando
    +1
    At least for now things seem a whole lot better. What the republicans do from now on will determine the fate of this country. The party of NO needs desperately to change it's direction and start representing all the people and not just the one percent. If they do that they stand a chance of changing this country. If they do not and continue their obstructionist direction we will all pay a very dear price. And that includes wall street.
  • angelbaby Mrkando 2012/06/28 18:26:33
    angelbaby
    +5
    Our nation was founded on the Declaration of Independence. Freedom of choice and a free market are at the core of our nation’s soul. A governmental mandate for the behavior of individuals and private enterprises is anathema to what our founders intended. The prospect of having an unelected panel of bureaucrats determining fundamental decisions about our individual health care is perhaps the most personal and intimate intrusion into our lives. The concept of this absurd and dangerous law surely ranks with the grievances laid down 236 years ago.
  • Mrkando angelbaby 2012/06/28 19:04:03
    Mrkando
    You may not have noticed but there are already hundreds of government mandates that effect all our lives. Being forced to pay taxes is one of the biggies. If your response to that is that it is necessary to have a tax in order for the federal, state, and local government to provide much needed services then you are not paying attention to what this mandate is doing.

I would ask you this! Why are you opposed to paying less for health care because everyone else is now paying there fair share? Do you believe that all taxes mandated are fair and necessary? Do you believe that being forced to carry insurance on your car is necessary? Do you believe that having to buy a tag for your car is necessary?
    And the list goes on and on.

This change in the health law does not mean there will be some person in their ivory tower that will decide your fate. That is not going to happen. The insurance companies in this country would loose big time and that will not happen. What will happen if this is put into law as it should be is your options for health care will be greater and at a lower cost to you. If you change jobs or lose your job you will no longer be denied coverage. And if you have had a previous health issue it means that the insurance companies can no longer deny you coverage. Having ...

And the list goes on and on.

This change in the health law does not mean there will be some person in their ivory tower that will decide your fate. That is not going to happen. The insurance companies in this country would loose big time and that will not happen. What will happen if this is put into law as it should be is your options for health care will be greater and at a lower cost to you. If you change jobs or lose your job you will no longer be denied coverage. And if you have had a previous health issue it means that the insurance companies can no longer deny you coverage. Having more options to pick from has got to be better than what most of us have today.

Do you have any idea of how many people in this country today use the hospital emergency room as their doctor because they have no coverage. We are not talking a small amount here. This new law could change that and make everything better for those people. This may not be important to you but for many hundreds of thousands it is.
  • angelbaby Mrkando 2012/06/28 19:19:00 (edited)
    angelbaby
    +2
    There had to be a better way .. You are basically taking from one to give to another!! What about my rights? That's the one thing I hold dear and very important to me!! It was wrong .. No matter what color lipstick you put on it. The MAJORITY is against the mandate .. This won't hold because you know in your gut it's of violation of my rights.
  • angelbaby Mrkando 2012/06/28 19:20:40
    angelbaby
    +3
    Pay less? No, honey .. We will paying much more for premiums come 2014.
  • Chief angelbaby 2012/07/01 13:30:42
    Chief
    thats for sure, there are no protections to keep them from raising rates, this is a big win for the insurance industry.
  • angelbaby Mrkando 2012/06/28 19:26:35
    angelbaby
    +3
    I put myself thru college and raised 2 girls on my own .. I've worked my ass off, been a good citizen, paid my taxes, pay my tithe, and struggled like everyone else!
    I would have NEVER excepted charity or a hand out.
    The only people entitled are children, vets and disabled. Why do you think it's my problem for the others? I just don't get the welfare mentality ..
  • Lady Wh... Mrkando 2012/06/28 18:36:08
    +1
    "The party of NO needs desperately to change it's direction and start representing all the people and not just the one percent..."

B I N G O. Too bad a LOT SH'ers CAN'T see that.
  • angelbaby Lady Wh... 2012/06/28 19:14:19
    angelbaby
    +2
    Ane who exactly is considered in the 1%
  • Lady Wh... angelbaby 2012/06/28 20:16:15
    Well, if you can't figure THAT one out, pardon my saying it this way but you're TOO DUMB for me to explain it to!
  • angelbaby Lady Wh... 2012/06/28 20:33:04
    angelbaby
    +2
    I didn't say I dont know ..
    I asked you who you think the 1% is ... Was a simple question.
  • Chief angelbaby 2012/07/01 13:37:31
    Chief
    it was a simple question, Don't see a need for insults.
  • angelbaby Lady Wh... 2012/06/28 20:43:01
    angelbaby
    +2
    Do your offer anything other than background noise?
  • betz Mrkando 2012/06/29 09:52:13
  • Mrkando betz 2012/06/29 13:53:08
  • Lady Wh... Mrkando 2012/06/29 10:02:17
    I'm hoping the GOP does down this November.
  • Lizard King 2012/06/28 17:02:36

2014/11/28 16:00:47