We Were Warned 3 Days Before The Attack On The Libyan Embassy. Why Didn't The Obama Administration Take Actions To Protect Our People?

zbacku 2012/09/16 18:18:10
Care To Comment?
What Do You Think?
Incompetence From The Top Down In Obama's Administration.
It's Bush's Fault.
Obama Was Busy Campaigning, Couldn't Take Any Time Out To Do His presidential Duties.

Benghazi, Libya (CNN)
-- Three days before the deadly assault on the United States consulate in Libya, a local security official says he met with American diplomats in the city and warned them about deteriorating security.

Jamal Mabrouk, a member of the February 17th Brigade, told CNN that he and a battalion commander had a meeting about the economy and security.

He said they told the diplomats that the security situation wasn't good for international business.

"The situation is frightening, it scares us," Mabrouk said they told the U.S. officials. He did not say how they responded.

Read More: http://www.cnn.com/2012/09/15/world/meast/libya-di...

+3
    Why no security for the Ambassador?

• sara 2012/10/03 17:38:33
    Obama Was Busy Campaigning, Couldn't Take Any Time Out To Do His presidential...
    sara
    The buck stops with the president. If he was told security was weak at Libyan embassy he should have done something to improve it. I guess he's stopped doing his job & spends all his time promoting himself. I guess when Bin Ladin got killed he thought El Quidad went away
    But then again ..
    its priorities is always schmoozing with celebs with the hand out for 5 Digit Plus per person photo-ops ..
  • Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL* 2012/09/17 03:25:51
    Care To Comment?
    Flamingo Flame Gem *AFCL*
    +2
    As usual the D.C. administration sits on it's *** letting it go in one ear out the other.
    +3
    Why no security for the Ambassador?
  • mwg0735 2012/09/17 02:16:44
  • Nightmusic 2012/09/17 01:33:32
    What Do You Think?
    Nightmusic
    +2
    Obama doesn't care if a blonde haired American gets killed. It's not on his list of things to care about.
  • irish 2012/09/16 20:20:42
    What Do You Think?
    irish
    gee,same reason no one acted on 9/11 info. it was planned.
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/09/16 19:58:35
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +2
    The scum in the progressive communist media are working overtime to bury this story as quickly as possible.

Other than Fox News or the blogosphere, it's quite likely that the average USA citizen will not even hear or read about it.
  • ProudProgressive 2012/09/16 18:20:39
    Care To Comment?
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    George Bush was warned six months before the attack on the World Trade Center. Why Didn't The Bush Administration Take Actions To Protect Our People?

Saying "conditions are bad" is hardly a warning of an imminent attack. On the other hand, "Bin Laden Determined To Strike Inside the United States" is.
  • zbacku ProudPr... 2012/09/16 20:04:09
    zbacku
    +2
    It's a bit different to protect the entire United States and making a choice to strengthen an Embassy Compound.
  • ProudPr... zbacku 2012/09/17 04:07:31
    ProudProgressive
    +1
    From what I've read and heard so far, I'd have to agree with you that more should have been done to secure the consulate. Our intelligence services do their best to deal with piles of rumors and anonymous tips and sometimes they don't take one of them as seriously as they should have. I'm sure there are also times when they overreact and commit resources based on phony or just plain wrong intelligence reports. It would be nice if they were right 100% of the time, but that's impossible. The best we can do is to bring the people responsible to justice and learn from our mistakes so we can avoid a next time.
  • zbacku ProudPr... 2012/09/17 04:49:34 (edited)
    zbacku
    +2
    Let's hope that no matter who's in Office, we take all accounts of possible attacks on our people is taken seriously in the future. At least make sure that our Embassies are protected with our own brave soldiers.
  • ProudPr... zbacku 2012/09/17 16:38:00
    ProudProgressive
    I agree. In reading up on this subject, though, I learned that "officially", the Marines' job is not to protect the consulate; their job is to protect the information contained within the consulate. As a general rule, consulate security is left to the "contractors" who supposedly provide security. I don't like that policy, and I am hoping that this incident might give us a little more motivation to keep our security concerns under our own control.

You know, my "friend with whom I always disagree", I would be satisfied if the phrase "no matter who's in office" could once again become relevant. I hate that some conservatives will oppose anything that Obama does no matter that it might be something they supported in the past, and if Romney wins, I can barely imagine how hard the Liberals will work to do the same thing to him. Doesn't ANYONE truly put country first any more?
  • sara ProudPr... 2012/10/03 17:50:04
    sara
    Libya risk was ignored despite 2 explosions & multiple security risks. US officials in Washington turned down repeated requests from diplomats in Libya for increased security at the consulate in Benghazi where the ambassador was killed. A panel is looking into what happened. Where was Clinton she received a letter informing her of this. Looks like yet another screw up from this incompetent administration
  • Nightmusic ProudPr... 2012/09/17 01:35:45
    Nightmusic
    true. more should have been done. the FBI and the CIA should have communicated. Of course that's assuming it wasn't an inside job to begin with which is getting more and more questionable.
  • ProudPr... Nightmusic 2012/09/17 04:02:05
    ProudProgressive
    I agree that there are a number of serious questions that have to be answered, but I'd rather wait and hear some reliable information before I jump to any conclusions.

2014/10/25 12:14:17