We are always hearing about how Social Security is going to run out of money. How come we never hear about Welfare running out of money?

geo 2013/10/15 15:03:38

• Risk 2013/11/07 14:20:27
    welfare
    Risk
    +30
    It's called ... BUYING VOTES ! Screw the country's financial problems, Liberals find it far more important to buy their votes, especially with minorities, just borrow more money, increase welfare and stay in office.

• C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT 2013/11/22 10:24:42
    welfare
    C-ZAR™, Emperor of the PHÆT
    Why do we have money for WAR, but can't feed the POOR???
  • mighty mouse ~PWCM~JLA 2013/11/10 03:52:08
    welfare
    mighty mouse ~PWCM~JLA
    What exactly can the old, sick, and dying do in retaliation to the D.C. bullies who love to poke them with a stick on a regular basis? However the welfare crowd, well fed, well heeled, well medicated and well connected would take that sharp stick away from the Washington bullies and stick it where the sun don't shine.
  • Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2013/11/08 05:14:55
    welfare
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +3
    you know the government has endless funds. We are basically screwed and we can only open our wallets for more more more
  • CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM 2013/11/07 21:51:46
    ss
    CommieHunter - AFCL- PWCM
    +6
    The liberal socialists will never run out of welfare money because it's an "entitlement" & giving the uneducated lazy class a free ride, buys them votes & keeps them in power, as opposed to social security, which is earned.
  • keeper 2013/11/07 20:21:23
    welfare
    keeper
    +7
    Welfare fraud needs to be cut off!
  • ~ Veronica Arin Ayne~ 2013/11/07 20:06:05
    ss
    ~ Veronica Arin Ayne~
    +3
    I've been asking that question for several years now. Why is it that when we are pushed to the brink of "running out of money", it is ALWAYS social security, vets & military checks that they threaten not to pay. No one EVER threatens to withhold welfare checks, Medicaid or food stamps. Or aide to foreign countries for that matter. Why are we borrowing billions or even trillions of dollars fro9m Ch8ina to send to countries that openly hate us.
  • Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL 2013/11/07 19:39:54
    welfare
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +5
    Ummm, the country is trillions of dollars in debt-welfare HAS run out of money!!!
  • mustangluver 2013/11/07 18:49:21
    welfare
    mustangluver
    +6
    SS is something that is taken out of a persons paycheck with the promise of getting a fair share back..welfare is money for nothing..There was a time when you got welfare because of a loss of a job but you had to promise when you found a job, you had to pay it back..it was NOT free money..it was a loan. Welfare has evolved into a career path.
  • Patrick... mustang... 2013/11/07 19:41:27
  • les_gvt 2013/11/07 18:31:20
    ss
    les_gvt
    +3
    because senior citizens vote at a much higher rate than welfare people do- But not to worry- Obama is trying to solve that problem too
    welfare
    +8
    Because "welfare" never pretended to be anything more than a pay-as-you-go, direct wealth-transfer program. It never pretended to be any kind of investment, annuity, or whole life insurance policy. Social Security pretends to be all these things. And it is actuarially unsound.
  • UGH...L... Temlako... 2013/11/07 22:50:58
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +4
    If 12+% of one's salary were conservatively invested in an IRA or 401K for one's entire working life, the payout would be more than double what SS pays.

The program stinks; naturally, it's run by the govt.
  • HOMBRE 2013/11/07 17:19:20
    welfare
    HOMBRE
    +8
    I see Obama still found 600 million dollars to give to unions to keep them out Of Obamacare.
  • UGH...L... HOMBRE 2013/11/07 22:51:47
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +4
    Hey, he has to buy his votes, doesn't he?
  • HOMBRE UGH...L... 2013/11/07 22:53:17
    HOMBRE
    +4
    Thats what the bribe was about.NOTICE THE HUSH MONEY RIGHT AT ELECTION TIME.
  • UGH...L... HOMBRE 2013/11/07 23:12:28
    UGH...LIBS ~ PWCM ~ JLA ~
    +4
    Hey, he's got to keep his army happy, doesn't he?

• frank 2013/11/07 17:02:29
    welfare
    frank
    +4
    The funds for welfare come from the SS deductions that are put into the general fund to support it.
  • Ms. Puscifer 2013/11/07 16:57:31 (edited)
    welfare
    Ms. Puscifer
    +4
    Because the feds will always have people to rob. SS is like a government bank acct-they think they can just withdrawal at anytime.
  • Jack Henry Kraven 2013/11/07 16:53:57 (edited)
    ss
    Jack Henry Kraven
    +3
    Welfare will never stop as long as the government fears the people, but the government does not fear poor Senior Citizens. The only way to strengthen SS is to stop the Government giving the funds away for other reasons. SS would have Trillions of dollars in reserve today and would not be in jeopardy in the future.
  • Jack He... Jack He... 2013/11/07 16:58:00
    Jack Henry Kraven
    +2
    A new report by the non-partisan Congressional Research Service finds that the largest federal budget item is spending on welfare programs. To support the 83 programs that CRS identified as welfare programs, the federal government spends $745.84 billion.

That dollar amount exceeds the $725 billion spent by the federal government on Social Security, $480 billion on Medicare, and $540 billion on non-war defense.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/07 19:37:59
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +2
    The nasty secret about the CBO is they are not authorized critical thinking-they HAVE to run the numbers in the fantasy way they are given. I could walk in and say crunch the numbers and show me how much money will be saved if I mandate all cars get a minimum of 50 miles to the gallon of mud. They can't say "you will save this amount-but the idea of running a car on mud is insane so the question is fallacious on its face." They can ONLY crunch the numbers. So relying on their numbers is absurd-they essentially spew whatever crap they are told to...
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/08 04:05:47
    Jack Henry Kraven
    +1
    Thanks for your thoughts on the Congressional Budget Office, I have not given up hope on our government quite yet..:)
    Congress
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/08 04:53:17
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    I have, a long time ago... I think that the good ship USSA is about to sink.

laaaa
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/08 05:10:40
    Jack Henry Kraven
    If you believe this, why are you still here? Just asking.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/08 05:15:32
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    I plan on staying-when the Terrorist in Chief, Obagger Caesar, tightens his grip enough me, my dog and my guns are going off grid. Plenty of nice places in the foot hills of Tennessee to sit back and watch the collapse of the American Empire. A front row seat to political Armageddon...
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/08 05:23:03
    Jack Henry Kraven
    I voted for President Obama, I'd vote for him again if the same choices were offered...I've been in the Tennessee hills, I suggest you go and make friends there first. This is not an Empire, and it will not collapse, but there may be a political Armageddon (using your words) coming. Just my opinion of course.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/08 05:44:50
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    Yes, it is an empire. That, of course, is my opinion based on my observations of the past 100 years. You voted for that moron? I'm sorry... Then again Mittforbrains or McCain wouldn't have been much of an improvement-except that we would not be looking at the comical tragedy called Obaggercare. And I have family in Tennessee, no worries.
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/08 05:56:38
    Jack Henry Kraven
    You know what opinions are like. I've only lived 66 years, what's it like being 100? Again opinions: President Obama is just that, the President, one must be highly educated and pass many a difficult test in order to become such a moron, don't you think? It's called Affordable Health Care, and one must ask: If it gives care to one in need, is that not justification? I too have relatives there. I suggest you wait before final judgment on any new program, even Social Security had problems in the beginning.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/08 22:42:00
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    And Social Security has problems now. Namely that you are not entitled to get your money. It is a ponzi scheme. If either that or the Unaffordable Care Act are so wonderful why are they forced on us at the point of a gun? As far as people in need-here in Texas we have mandated Hospital Districts. Each county is required, by the State Constitution, to establish a hospital for the care of those that need. We don't need Obaggercare, we got it covered. It is handled that the most appropriate level-the states and counties. This is yet another thing that is none of the general government's business. In reality it is a cluster set up to fail so they can Socialize 1/6th of the GDP in the form of "single" (not really but when has the truth ever stopped plutocrats?) payer system. So no, I am not going to "give it a chance." They lost that option at "mandate." They can blow me, I won't play their games.
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/09 05:19:13
    Jack Henry Kraven
    It resonates as though you have deliberately elected to present misinformation while impairing any appreciation of the subject matter at hand; combined with the gross misspelling of words and misemploying of simple metaphors. I find it impractical to endeavor any additional communication with one who's mind is governed by a nameless compulsion. I encourage you to seek guidance to resolve your personal, social, or psychological problems and difficulties, thereby reaching an understanding as to why you are subconsciously held captive within the delusion of being a luminary within your own mind. It isn't nice to waste another's time when all you have to offer is gobbledygook.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/09 05:21:47 (edited)
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    laughing

Yes, I am laughing at you and your idiotic pseudo-pop psychology garbage.

Prove it. You say I misrepresent things, prove it. Don't be a lying douche that can't back up anything said, prove it. And no I don't misspell words, derp.

You are such a lying idiot, no wonder I rejected your pathetic friend plea...
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/09 05:33:45
    Jack Henry Kraven
    Nothing can be proven on the Internet.
    Yes, you do misspell words.
    God does see fit to grant small favors from time to time .
    “Profanity is the attempt of a lazy and feeble mind to express itself forcefully.” ~George W. Bush~
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/09 18:21:49
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    Thank you for proving you're a liar to me. I did not use profanity. You cannot prove anything I said is a "misrepresentation" or anything else. You could TRY, it is called "research." I did my due diligence, maybe you should do the same. Like I said, you are dismissed fool. I have no desire to waste any further time or energy on someone who's main goal in life is to give Obagger Caesar a hummer.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/07 19:38:44
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +1
    The government doesn't fear the people-it is buying votes with "free" stuff. "Free" stuff will always trump liberty...
  • Jack He... Patrick... 2013/11/08 04:07:49
    Jack Henry Kraven
    What might this free stuff be? And where does the money come from to buy the free stuff to give away? Just asking.
  • Patrick... Jack He... 2013/11/08 04:54:50
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +1
    Approximately 3/4 of the total expenditures of the US Government is in "entitlements." Everything from welfare to farm subsidies. Pork and a whole lot of it. The money comes out of the pockets of the employed.
  • ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA* 2013/11/07 16:45:39
    welfare
    ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA*
    +8
    Because the Gov't has been Borrowing from SS over the Decades, for Other Funding..
    They Will Never Borrow from Welfare as they need that Money to Keep their Voter Base Happy, to keep getting their Votes...
    Its called Keep the Lazy Ignorant LEFT, as Indentured Servitude to the Gov't...
    Slaves For Votes
  • Major Mel 2013/11/07 15:59:01
    welfare
    Major Mel
    +10
    We don't seem to hear so much about it because it's so unpopular with most of us who have had to work for many years to receive SSA whereas oh so many illegals get almost everything for nothing! Illegal aliens in So. CA alone, costs taxpayers 10.5 Billion every year!
  • ReconMa... Major Mel 2013/11/07 16:46:56
    ReconMarine~PWCM*AVA*BTTB*JLA*
    +6
    BINGO....AMEN...
    Keep the Illegals as Voters...The DEM Way
  • Patrick... ReconMa... 2013/11/07 19:42:57
    Patrick Henry~PWCM~JL
    +1
    Excuse me, sir, we do not call them that as it is insensitive and not compassionate. We must call them what they really are-Pre Documented Kleptocrat Voters.

2014/04/21 04:40:38