Watergate was considered the "scandal of the century". Watergate was small potatos compared to the current "Fast and Furious"scandal.

wicked soda boy 2012/06/30 02:58:32
The DNC hardcores for the past 40 years have believed their party was superior because of a scandal that took place in the 1970's.

Let's put this in perspective. The Watergate scandal involved an attempt by the Nixon administration to "bug" their opponents, to gain political advantage over another US political party.

So, how does this stack up with Obama administration security leaks that attempt to prove how MACHO Obama is with his drone strikes?

At worst, Nixon's failed efforts were designed to know what his US Democrat opponents were planning. NO leaking to foreign powers - NO leaking CIA or FBI secrets!

Compare this with the "Fast and Furious" scandal currently under investigation, and being stonewalled by Obama and Holder.

Nixon was a tragic figure, but he was never anti-American in his values.

Contrast this against the current Holder-Obama scandal, and try to tell me that the current admin hasn't made Nixon look like a saint!!!!

But the Democrats have a habit of managing "Fu8k ups" with an iron fist

Do not let them
  • TheTruth1313 2012/06/30 07:36:39
    TheTruth1313
    +1
    Very well said. And, as we learn more, it's only going to prove to be an even bigger mess. I can only hope that Obama will ultimately pay for his crimes here.
  • ☆stillthe12c☆ 2012/06/30 06:40:35
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    Bush started it, oh that's not working, let not give them the paperwork. Oh damn they are going to hold me in contempt. Let see I will negotiate with them and give them a brief. That not working. Hey boss help me out here! Executive privilege, that should do it. Remember Justice Department who you report too.
  • Wolfman 2012/06/30 05:49:01
    Wolfman
    +2
    Nixon's crime was trying to protect his people who pulled a stupid stunt.

Obama's and Holder's crime is lying before Congress, cover-up, mass murder, and treason.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/06/30 06:29:48
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +1
    It was a pity that the people that he tried to protect were not as faithful to him. You are the first person to point this out to me. I have said this many times. His people let him get backed into a corner and never owned up to what they had done.
  • Wolfman ☆stillt... 2012/06/30 06:39:23
    Wolfman
    +2
    Watergate was a dumb stunt. Fast & Furious is an atrocity.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/06/30 06:45:56 (edited)
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    Yes it is, but I doubt anything will ever come of it. These are the same people that gave into the President and gave us NDAA and renewed The Patriot Act and have allowed the President to make all kinds of unconstitutional EO's without a whimper other than a couple of statements on the floor of the Senate and The House.
  • Wolfman ☆stillt... 2012/06/30 06:54:52
    Wolfman
    +2
    Issa seems to be hardcore. I guess it's up to Boehner.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/06/30 07:04:38
  • Wolfman ☆stillt... 2012/06/30 07:13:24
    Wolfman
    +1
    But he was found in contempt.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/06/30 07:25:44
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    Yes, and it looks like they are going to do nothing about it. They could send their guard to arrest him, but that is not going to happen. I doubt that they will try him and impeach him. It would be a waste of time as the Senate would not remove him from office.
  • Wolfman ☆stillt... 2012/06/30 07:39:31 (edited)
    Wolfman
    +2
    I think that's what Boehner is thinking. Without the Senate it's a waste of time. They slapped him around as much as they could and forced Obie's hand. The stigma is in place. Romney can use it against Obie.
  • ☆stillt... Wolfman 2012/06/30 17:20:50
    ☆stillthe12c☆
    +2
    He can take advantage of it reminding people about transparency of government that Obama promised.
  • Diana 2012/06/30 03:53:14
    Diana
    +2
    I liked Nixon.He was very good at foreign affairs.He loved and respected this country.
  • wicked ... Diana 2012/06/30 04:12:16
    wicked soda boy
    +2
    I agree that he was a hell of a lot better than the current administration!!!
  • TheCouchF*cker 2012/06/30 03:01:58 (edited)
    TheCouchF*cker
    +1
    The only reason this is even a "scandal" is because the government has it's hands in things it has no place trying to control, those being drugs and guns.

That's the problem. Government goons think they should be able to tell you what you can and can't put in your body and what you can and can't own.

And they get away with it because people agree with it. Good job, you got exactly what you asked for.
  • Wolfman TheCouc... 2012/06/30 05:51:58
    Wolfman
    +1
    We should be able to tell the government not to put hundreds of rounds of FMJs into innocent Mexicans and border patrol agents.

2014/11/26 00:24:36