Was the Supreme Court's ruling on Obamacare a wise and just decision?

tncdel 2012/06/30 19:30:46

• Guru_T_Firefly 2012/07/02 05:35:28
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Guru_T_Firefly
    The mostly conservative Supreme Court made the right decision.
  • Samantha 2012/07/02 00:25:15
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Samantha
    +1
    Yes, it was wise and just. All of us should know Congress can impose taxes; besides, it's about time the U.S. was more civilized in health care.
  • Small man big mouth 2012/07/01 12:23:12 (edited)
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Small man big mouth
    This is what happens when you reject the doctrine of creation which is what the founding fathers based our rights on. Our freedoms were guranteed by a transcendent creator but now that we've been "freed" from christian ideals and morality there is no basis for truth, right and wrong has become subjective and relative so now we are enslaved by human laws and have no freedom at all now. We have unwittingly been placed on the road to tyranny and this just goes to show. Another step closed to the grave. As it was once said "we will be your courts. And you will be our people". This is what you damned hippies wanted now choke it down and say thank you. The courts have been reduced from being devinely appointed to protect our freedoms to a mere traffic cop trying to keep people from bumping into each other as we all try to do our own thing. Once again this is another consequence of rejecting christian morality. With no ultimate judge, man in power have become your gods. And judging by the other comments here this is your complaint. Bon appetite
  • James 2012/07/01 03:12:19
    NO [explain why you think not].
    James
    1. We truly have been taxed enough.
    2. It's not going to fix what it claims it will.
    3. States who are already having hard times making Medicaid payments will be strained even more.
    4. The already understaffed U.S. Treasury department now must ensure that everyone pays their taxes, they have to ensure you are covered by health insurance too....blech!!!
    5. There are more pressing issues that needed to be taken care of instead of health care. I would put this on the level somewhere in between energy independence and immigration reform. Right now we have a HUGE structural unemployment problem that needs to be fixed and we have a student loan bubble that is just ready to pop like a 3rd trimester pregnant lady......having triplets!
  • Beccy 2012/06/30 23:59:45
    NO [explain why you think not].
    It just allows the insurance companies to keep raping us.
  • ACE 2012/06/30 22:23:32
    NO [explain why you think not].
    ACE
    +2
    healthcare needed to be looked at but this pile of crap is nothing but giving power away to the government so that they can choose what healthcare you get or dont get.
  • Rusty Shackleford 2012/06/30 21:22:16
    NO [explain why you think not].
    Rusty Shackleford
    +3
    Roberts re-wrote the law, that's judicial activism.
  • shenendoah 2012/06/30 20:55:48
    NO [explain why you think not].
    shenendoah
    +4
    Just another example to show the American people how vulnerable we are at the mercy of our govt.
  • Kiosk Kid 2012/06/30 19:50:27 (edited)
    YES [tell us why you think so].
    Kiosk Kid
    +1
    Yes, to both questions. The Government can tax you on anything they want. It is up to you to vote for parties that don’t want to tax you.

Roberts’s decision was brilliant. He told the American People that they need to do away with Obamacare at the ballot box. Also, he gutted the expansion in Medicaid allowing states to opt out with no penalties.

Roberts put an unpopular program on the front burner in the 2012 elections and gave Republicans an easy way to repeal much of Obamacare with a simple majority in the Senate. Romney will be able to destroy much of the other parts through executive order.

Democrats have to state their position on Obama and moderate Democrats are already trying to hid. You saw what happened in the 2010 elections when Obamacare was the issue.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/02 05:34:05
    Guru_T_Firefly
    And nothing of value has come from electing a bunch of addled Teapublicans. Fortunately, America is smarter than most Teapublicans and 2010 will go down in history as one giant fluke.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/02 15:55:36
    Kiosk Kid
    Let's try facts from surveys of small businesses by the US Chamber of Commerce.

• “Concerns about over-regulation are the highest we’ve seen in the past year, with 42% of small businesses citing it as a major concern and 52% citing regulations as the top threat to their business, increasing 9 percentage points since last June."

• "What do concerns about regulations and policies mean for small businesses? Stalled growth. 80% of small businesses surveyed report the taxation, regulation, and legislation from Washington make it harder for their business to hire more employees. Nearly three-out-of-four (73%) of small businesses surveyed cite the recent health care law as an obstacle to growing their business and hiring more employees.”

Do small businesses support Obama's policies?

"Sixteen percent of small businesses approve of the job President Obama is doing."

http://www.uschambersmallbusi...

Every business group in America is fighting that Marxist in the White House. They have a huge Super Pac and Obama is asking for wedding gifts.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/03 00:29:28
    Guru_T_Firefly
    There is no Marxist in the White House and a national poll is far more apt to be incorrect than any other. Let me know when you join reality and I'll be happy to have an adult discussion with you.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/03 00:43:09
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Let me slam you with facts!

“Harry Alford, president and CEO of the National Black Chamber of Commerce, went off on President Obama’s anti-business philosophy on Friday in an interview with Laura Ingraham.

Alford called the administration “Marxist” and “fanatical” and said, “They might as well put on the brown shirts and swastikas.”

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/...

"What do concerns about regulations and policies mean for small businesses? Stalled growth. 80% of small businesses surveyed report the taxation, regulation, and legislation from Washington make it harder for their business to hire more employees. Nearly three-out-of-four (73%) of small businesses surveyed cite the recent health care law as an obstacle to growing their business and hiring more employees.”

http://www.uschambersmallbusi...

In days we will get the June job report! Nobody wants to invest and create jobs while that Marxist is in the White House, it is too risky.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/03 19:07:44
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Still waiting for you to slam me with facts. Go ahead. We'll wait.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/04 02:49:12 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    I slamed you. A Marxist can't produce facts. They can only spew accusations, fallacies, and personal attacks. You used a fallacy which is a break down in logic.

The Marxist Liberal couldn't argue with me you used the fallacy of shooting the Messengeer. The Liberal cut and run on my argument and spews a personal attacks. Fallacies are Standard Liberal Operating Procedure (SLOP).

Let me slam the Liberal with facts about your fallacy, breakdown in logic.

"Killing the Messenger (Argumentum ad Hominem)

“This fallacy disagrees with an argument by attacking the person who makes the argument.”

http://depts.washington.edu/m...

I slamed you twice with facts. Are you going to cut and run again?
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/04 16:16:03
    Guru_T_Firefly
    LMFAO! Funny... I don't feel like I've been slamed. By the way, what is slamed? Obviously an uneducated conservative like yourself has more important things to do than use proper English or learn how to spell!. LOL!

The word is slammed, you half-witted idiot, and you've never gotten close to doing any such thing. You're just not smart enough. The only cutting and running being done here is yours. Why don't you quit trying to cut and run and go get yourself a decent education? You could sure as hell use it.

Still waiting for you to slam me with facts. Of the true variety, of course.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/04 16:30:25 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Oh a spelling mistake, how terrible?

Every business group in America is fighting that Marxist in the White House. Romney is racking in the cash from business while Obama is begging for people to send in Wedding gifts.

You're an idiot.
    No, you're an idiot.
    Well you're stupid.
    No, no, you're stupid.

Doesn't that sound like two Liberal in an argument? I am way too intelligent to participate in 3rd grade name calling. Apparently, it works for you.

It looks like the Liberal is in total name calling mode.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/04 19:13:54
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Sadly, I'm quite sure that you're aware that yours wasn't just a simple spelling mistake, it was an clear insight into your badly-broken teabagger mental processes. Oh nooooo, there are Marxists hiding behind every tree and under every rock. Doesn't that sound like a two-teabagger conversation? Apparently, it does to you. You're such an idiot.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/04 20:44:10
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Mine was a typing mistake. Your fallacy “shooting the messenger” was a total break down logic.

While you have the ability spew a fallacy, I have the mental ability to identify your break down in logic by name and provide a factual reference which you were unable to dispute.

I again slammed the Liberal with facts.

You are going to cut and run on my facts every time. You will spew a fallacy or just 3rd grade name calling. You don’t have the mental capability to make an intelligent argument because I am slamming you with facts. You can’t handle my facts.

You said; "You're an idiot."

There you go again with the 3rd name calling which is way below my intelligence level. I can’t imagine having only the mental capability to use 3rd grade name calling.

How does the Liberal figure out what 3rd grade name your going to spew? Is it the first thing that comes to your head.

When are you going to call me a racist for slamming you with facts? Isn't that the ultimate?
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/05 05:10:18
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You've slammed nothing because you know nothing. Your opinions are little more than dressed up Fox News and Teapublican talking points than have been disproved and discredited over and over and over and over during the last few years. I have little doubt that you've heard that from many people throughout your life. And yet you persist in living your fantasy.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/05 05:42:20 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    A Marxist Liberal can't produce facts to support the party line because Marxism doesn't work.

They can only spew accusation like you did, fallacies like you did, and 3rd grade name calling.

Come on Marxist slam me with a fact but you can't.

Let me slam you with Obamafacts. Look at my Obama reference.

Bush brought in 2.523 trillion dollars of revenue in 2008. The recession started in Dec 2007. Now look what Obama’s policies did to revenues for 2009, 2010, and 2011. In 3 years Obama hasn’t been able to produce the revenues that George Bush brought in 2008.

Year / Revenues (in Trillions)
    2008 2.523
    2009 2.104
    2010 2.162
    2011 2.303

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb...
    Table 1.1

Is Obama a liar? Do you see how easy it is to slam a Marxist Liberal with facts from Obama.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/05 14:37:27
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You couldn't slam a door, dumbass.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/05 14:57:52
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    You don't like facts, do you? Facts never support party line crap because Marxism doesn't work!

George Bush had an average 5.3 percent unemployment rate over his 8 years in office. The lowest unemployment rate the spending machine has had was 7.6 percent, the day he took office.

It is tough to argue with an accountant isn't it? You don't have a chance. All you can do is spew 3rd grade name calling.

You haven’t told me how you select the name your going to call; it must be real challenge for you.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/05 16:05:29
    Guru_T_Firefly
    I love facts when they're in context. Let me know if you ever decide to bother with contextual facts.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/05 16:30:59 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Liberals can't product any facts to support the party line because Marxism doesn't work!

Where is the 3rd grade contextual name calling?
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/05 17:39:49
    Guru_T_Firefly
    It's actually because liberalism and Marxism are two very different things and you part-time fry cooks and dishwashers on the extreme right aren't smart enough to be able to tell the difference. Go back to school and get yourself a GED. If you can.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/05 17:52:05 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    A Marxist is an individual that supports the teachings and ideology of Karl Marx. Liberals support the teaching and ideology of Karl Marx. Therefore, Liberals are Marxist.

Karl Marx said; “Democracy is the road to socialism.”
    Karl Marx said; “From each, according to his ability; to each, according to his need.”

http://thinkexist.com/quotes/...

Didn’t Obama pass Obamacare in the Senate without a single Republican vote? Didn’t Obamacare transfer wealth from those with abilities to those of need? Wasn’t the justification for Obamacare that 30 million people needed it?

If you walk like a duck and you talk like a duck, you are a duck.

It looks like the Liberal went back into accusation mode. When are you going to produce facts?
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/06 01:28:49
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You really need to get yourself an education. The one you've got isn't working. Liberals do not follow or emulate Karl Marx. You Teapublican idiots sure do, though. I've given you facts and you keep replying with the same incorrect bulllsh*t.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/06 02:20:55
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Quote a fact that you produced that supports the party line. Come on Liberal slam me you can't!

Karl Marx originally developed the party line for illiterate peasants. It seams to work for you. Produce a fact don't just spew party line accusation, fallacies, and personal attack but that is all you can do.

Let me slam you with facts again!

Year / Revenues (in Trillions)
    2008 2.523
    2009 2.104
    2010 2.162
    2011 2.303
    http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb...
    Table 1.1

Marxism doesn’t work!
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/06 02:45:09
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Yawn. I don't need to slam you, half-wit, you're doing a mighty fine job of displaying your lack of intelligence without any help from me.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/06 03:14:38 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    No, I am not displaying my lack of intelligence; I am showing you how easy it is to slam your lack of intelligence.

You can't slam me with facts to support party line. You are helpless.

Marxism doesn't work! If you were intelligent, you would understand that facts.

You are easy!
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/06 14:11:28
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You've haven't slammed anyone so far. All you've managed to do so far is prove your ignorance. You're even easier than your mom was.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/06 14:25:12
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    Let me slam you with facts again.

"U.S. payrolls expanded by just 80,000 net jobs in June keeping the unemployment rate flat at 8.2 percent, new data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics shows."

http://www.businessinsider.co...

Marxism doesn't work which is why you can't produce facts to support the party line. You can only spew accusations, fallacies, and 3rd grade name calling.

You still haven't told me how you pick a name to call someone that slams you with facts.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/06 15:42:55
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You'd have to slam me with at least one fact before it would become possible for you to do it again. You haven't and it's beginning to look like you never will. Later, passive-aggressive loser.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/06 16:03:45
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    So you don't think Obama created 80,000 jobs in June.

Are you calling Obama a Liar?
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/09 03:45:52
    Guru_T_Firefly
    Of course not, but you didn't say Obama created. Are you really as dense as you'd have me believe? That's the reason you rightie-tighties need to use context when you speak. You can't just babble out a bunch of numbers and expect anyone to take you seriously. Sadly, I think use of context is a talent that you right-wingers will never learn.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/09 03:59:44 (edited)
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    You cut and run on my question; "So you don't think Obama created 80,000 jobs in June?" Apparently, you think he is a liar.

A Marxist Liberal can't produce fact to support the party line. They can only spew accusations, faallacies, and personal attacks (name calling like you do). Let me slam you again with facts!

http://www.uschambersmallbusi...

Do you think the 84 percent that don't support Obama are going to bet a dime on Marxist Liberal and create jobs?

They either have their money overseas or they are sitting on it.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/09 14:06:44
    Guru_T_Firefly
    No, I didn't, you changed the question, mid-stream.
  • Kiosk Kid Guru_T_... 2012/07/09 14:34:19
    Kiosk Kid
    +2
    You cut and run on my question again.

"So you don't think Obama created 80,000 jobs in June?" Apparently, you think he is a liar.
  • Guru_T_... Kiosk Kid 2012/07/09 16:28:10
    Guru_T_Firefly
    You changed the question, there's a big difference. I think you're the liar.

2014/04/20 23:41:14