Was the Supreme Court's Decision on Arizona's Immigration Law Appropriate or Unjust?

The Supreme Court has finally come to a decision concerning Arizona's controversial immigration laws, put into effect in 2010. They struck down most aspects of the law, chiefly those dealing with how illegal immigrants are punished. However, the Court upheld the most controversial part of law -- the part that requires officers to check immigration status at lawful stops under reasonable suspicion.

Justice Anthony Kennedy wrote, "The national government has significant power to regulate immigration. Arizona may have understandable frustrations with the problems caused by illegal immigration while that process continues, but the state may not pursue policies that undermined federal law." Do you think the Supreme Court handled the case appropriately? Or did it use its power unfairly?

• Lord Emperor of Dune 2012/06/25 21:12:01
    Appropriate
    Lord Emperor of Dune
    +21
    It's appropriate that they check, but unjust that they aren't just dumped back out into the desert. Every dollar we spend mollycoddling illegals is a dollar that could be spent on an American in need. Why don't we treat illegals like they are illegal?

• FordCrews 2012/06/26 01:28:48
    Unjust
    FordCrews
    +4
    Completely wrong, state sovereignty was given it's last death blow today. It seems Justice Roberts has finally lost his mind, and gone to the dark side, this doesn't bode well for the old people and kids that will soon face death panels. Praise Allah, Hail Obama.
  • Mark P. 2012/06/26 01:26:48
    Appropriate
    Mark P.
    +4
    Now the Federal Government has to do it damn job so Arizona and other border states don't have to worry if Ahkmed is coming through the desert.
  • Paige 2012/06/26 01:03:58
    Unjust
    Paige
    +1
    The problem is this gives the police the right to stop any person of color. Which will ultimately be profiling.
  • Debowman Paige 2012/06/26 02:20:42
    Debowman
    +1
    No it gives them the right to stop any person, only the racist are reading the words of color into it.
  • Paige Debowman 2012/06/27 01:39:46
    Paige
    Sorry I can't be a racist, I'm not in a position of authority, plus I'm biracial.
  • WOODMAN34 Paige 2012/06/26 03:51:29
    WOODMAN34
    +1
    Try reading the whole decision, Then you will understand that what you just said is completely wrong. And by the way where did the any person of color come from? and what does color have to do with it? Sounds racist to me.
  • deborah sletten 2012/06/26 01:01:20
    Appropriate
    deborah sletten
    +5
    Illegal immigrants should be deported.
  • JustTheFacts 2012/06/26 01:00:49
    Unjust
    JustTheFacts
    +9
    The only entity that handled this worse than the Supreme's was the Liar/Nation Destroyer In Chief.

barak has made two things perfectly clear:

1) If there is a law currently in place that he doesn't like, he's not going to enforce it.
    2) If Congress doesn't create laws the way he wants them, he's going to write executive orders to approve his narcissistic nature and self imposed dictatorship.
  • ☆ Queen... JustThe... 2012/06/26 01:37:11
  • natwebb 2012/06/26 00:49:15
    Unjust
    natwebb
    +5
    Deport 'em all.
  • raine natwebb 2012/06/26 02:49:13
    raine
    +4
    neuter them then send them home just like all other stray animals.
  • WOODMAN34 raine 2012/06/26 03:54:30
    WOODMAN34
    +2
    I like that. Neuter them :]
  • tommy 2012/06/26 00:49:02 (edited)
    Unjust
    tommy
    +2
    Where were the rules when the Europeans invaded America killing mexicans and indians. Shame on you bigots.
  • k fleming tommy 2012/06/26 01:02:29
    k fleming
    Soooo, you are saying we should NOT take a page from history and allow whatever comes to happen?
  • tommy k fleming 2012/07/09 16:48:41 (edited)
    tommy
    I'm saying go back where your great grand father carried you as a cum ball and fix your own country anchore babys and shut the hell up. Raciest bastards
  • k fleming tommy 2012/07/09 19:17:18
    k fleming
    Yeah, because you are totally objective and non-biased.
  • zoilandon tommy 2012/06/26 02:47:57
    zoilandon
    Have you offered to give up your home to an Indian lately? You should.
  • tommy zoilandon 2012/07/09 16:54:08
    tommy
    I'm native american lol show me your feathers bigot.
  • Larry tommy 2012/06/26 03:17:38
    Larry
    I know, the Indian supreme court screwed up didn't they
  • tommy Larry 2012/07/09 16:59:59
    tommy
    Natives didn't need a group of lazy bastards crooked politicians telling them how to live so stop your bitchin about high gas , the total cost of living. Keep voting in them nice lawyers to run your life.
  • WOODMAN34 tommy 2012/06/26 03:56:48
    WOODMAN34
    Yup, you European, You want to go back home and give my country back to us?
    Me Crow. what you?
  • natwebb tommy 2012/06/27 03:29:31
    natwebb
    On December 20, 1828, the state legislature of Georgia, fearful that the United States would not enforce (as a matter of Federal policy) the removal of the Cherokee people from their historic lands in the state, enacted a series of laws which stripped the Cherokee of their rights under the laws of the state. They intended to force the Cherokee to leave the state.

In May 1830, Congress endorsed Andrew Jackson's policy of removal by passing the Indian Removal Act, which authorized the president to set aside lands west of the Mississippi River to exchange for the lands of Indian nations in the east. Senators Henry Clay, Theodore Frelinghuysen, and Daniel Webster, as well as representatives Ambrose Spencer and David (Davy) Crockett opposed the act.

In 1832 the Supreme Court ruled against Jackson and Georgia in the case of Worcester v. Georgia. In a popular quotation, President Andrew Jackson is supposed to have said: "John Marshall has made his decision; now let him enforce it!".

Deport the native Americans and let the illegal aliens stay . . . Uuuummmmm???

http://image.spreadshirt.com/...
    http://image.spreadshirt.com/...

deport native americans illegal aliens stay uuuummmmm deport native americans illegal aliens stay uuuummmmm

deport native americans illegal aliens stay uuuummmmm
    http://image.spreadshirt.com/...
    deport native americans illegal aliens stay uuuummmmm httpimage spreadshirt http://image.spreadshirt.com/...
  • warkitten tommy 2012/06/27 18:01:42
    warkitten
    What the h..e..double hockey sticks ate you talking about? Freaking odd balls out there
  • Paige 2012/06/26 00:35:18
    Appropriate
    Paige
    +1
    Idk. I'm 14. Do you think I care about politics?!
  • Alex Paige 2012/06/26 01:00:50
    Alex
    +3
    You should, because you're going to be living with everything that's going on now for the rest of your life.
  • ☆ Queen... Alex 2012/06/26 01:38:07
    ☆ QueenAline
    +4
    for the rest of your sorry life, if obama gets another 4..God help us all
  • raine Paige 2012/06/26 02:50:25
    raine
    Nor does anyone care what a 14 yr old has to say so go watch cartoons..
  • Paige raine 2012/06/26 13:48:22
    Paige
    Shut the hell up
  • Joel B... raine 2012/06/27 03:54:37
    Joel	 Buccellato
    Really? Are you going to be that kind of person who shares no regard to the opinion of another human being? Guess who else held that mindset....I'll give you some hints, multiple people held that, considered some of the worst men to have lived, and killed many people. (Stalin, Hitler, any dictator really.)
  • warkitten Joel B... 2012/06/27 08:35:58
    warkitten
    Oh shut up buccellato..go cry in a corner somewhere...comparing someones abide comment to that of madmen is a tad much buddy...pack it in...here's a tissuep
  • warkitten warkitten 2012/06/27 08:36:17
    warkitten
    Snide
  • Joel B... warkitten 2012/06/27 15:31:46
    Joel	 Buccellato
    Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah... Oh you don't know how happy that made me. But nonetheless, in a modern society we cannot afford the barbarism that is associated with silencing opinions.
  • warkitten Joel B... 2012/06/27 15:57:54
    warkitten
    I'm not silencing you...what I should have said was think before ye speaks....a barbarian?...there ya go again joe....think about....I'm expressing my opinion the same as you..was it because I said....shut thine piehole? Maybe I didn't think before I responded...maybe I should have just totally agreed with you and gave praise to your self righteous opinions....if it makes you feel all warm inside to be wrong then you sir or madame must be a liberal...but I shouldn't label you or even assume I know you...that would be wrong...I was merely playing...no hard feelings
  • Joel B... warkitten 2012/06/27 23:23:42
    Joel	 Buccellato
    First off, Joe is my dad's name, I have an "l" at the end. And When I was talking about silencing someone I was referring to you saying "nobody cares what a 14 year old thinks."
  • Wesloco 2012/06/26 00:34:31
    Appropriate
    Wesloco
    +1
    The choices are wrong because they should have read constitutional or unconstitutional. I wrote appropriate because as written it is appropriate to the Constitutions because it states that no group will be singled out, blah, blah, blah but the proof will in the pudding and when implemented the law will be challenged again and at the time not even this activist court will be able to uphold it so as they say they may have won the battle but they will eventually lose the war! (-:
  • ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/06/26 00:30:57 (edited)
    Unjust
    ★~DoctorWhoGuru~★
    +1
    Arizona's Immigration Law Is Unjust

America Is Made By immigrants

immigrant immigrant young immigrant young immigrant young immigrants
  • Defend ... ★~Docto... 2012/06/26 00:48:41
    Defend Western Civlization
    +3
    Illegal 'Immigrant' Admits Plot to Bomb US Capitol...
    http://www.washingtonpost.com...
  • k fleming ★~Docto... 2012/06/26 01:10:28
    k fleming
    +4
    This has nothing to do with isolationism! It has everything to do with being choosy about who comes in! Are they going to be productive members of their new country? Or are they going to be lawbreakers with no allegiance to this country?
    The fact remains, they broke the law not going through channels to get here, and continue to break the law being here!
  • ☆ Queen... ★~Docto... 2012/06/26 01:41:37 (edited)
    ☆ QueenAline
    +3
    yes.........you are right...America is made of immigrants LEGAL IMMIGRANTS...What is it you don't get about that? LEGAL IMMIGRANTS are welcomed...ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS are ILLEGAL
    WAKE UP
  • Debowman ★~Docto... 2012/06/26 02:23:56
    Debowman
    back in the 18 century, I could carry a gun and shoot ANYONE who also had a gun, and it was legal, so maybe as we moved forward in time, the policies of the 17 and 18 century's just no longer apply. At what point do we understand this isn't a vast land with tons of resources and jobs for everyone in the world.

2014/09/01 08:16:26