Was the Iraqi invasion a mistake?

Incognito 2012/06/11 19:44:32
Bush started two wars to go after Osama Bin Laden. Obama got him with two helicopters filled with soldiers.

• Pat 2012/06/11 22:00:46
    Yes.
    +15
    I'm not sure if "mistake" is the right word. I think G.W. decided to go right in fully intending to get Saddam for threats he had made against George H. W. Bush in the Desert Storm war. It was also a mistake because I believe we knew they didn't have "weapons of mass destruction" and used it as an excuse. Lying to the United Nations blew any credibility we still had.
    And now, after ten years and thousands of American deaths and casualties as well as tens of thousands of Iraqi deaths, and a bill that would choke a horse, what have we got to show for it. Iraq is still a turbulent and divided country. They are fighting among themselves and there is civil disorder everywhere. Can we really say we helped these people? They were better off with Saddam even if he was an iron fist. At least he kept order even if it was only from fear.

• God ble... God ble... 2012/06/18 12:27:36 (edited)
    God bless American freedom
    this is about money and power. Nothing more , nothing less. You are a wise man, mwg, I have watched many of your answers and have learned a great amount from you.. Power and money type of men love to use/fool patriots. Patrots have hearts. Power and money have no human attributes whatsoever. Chess players.. looking ahead to the move which captures all the power eh? they don't even realise they are bringing about the end of the "game".

Bush Jr had , just as did W. Clinton etc, , to divest himself of Saud financial interests prior to becoming American president. ( others in our government had to do the same.. study it. this is a BI-partisan problem )

Obama is a dictator to America and he actively bows publically to the Saud royals.eh? How do you think he got there except by the supercilious dictates of " let no child be left behind " and other bi-partisan projects eh? which caused so many Americans to stupidly vote for someone such as Obama...?

Trust your instincts when it comes to being a true conservative/non hypocrite type of person. You know deep inside what is ongoing in mankind as a base war between good and evil . I know you do. Americans do not understand the fundamental goal of islam/theocracy. To rule via implementation of shari'a... their only interest is in sel...

Trust your instincts when it comes to being a true conservative/non hypocrite type of person. You know deep inside what is ongoing in mankind as a base war between good and evil . I know you do. Americans do not understand the fundamental goal of islam/theocracy. To rule via implementation of shari'a... their only interest is in self preservation and they prey on world politicians who, it seems by history , are the weakest of all Americans ever. Bush Sr. began it but I do not believe he understood. Bush Jr should have known better .. and he may have.. but did not know what to do.

Lead America toward freedom away from any sort dictatorship .

God bless your life, sir. You a patriot and you have a heart.
  • mwg0735 God ble... 2012/06/18 15:21:44
  • God ble... mwg0735 2012/06/18 20:07:57
    God bless American freedom
    +1
    I understand it..but he hmself had a hand in it.

I know you understand what I mean, sir.
  • flrdsgns God ble... 2012/06/24 01:40:27
    flrdsgns
    You can't reason with this person. He is so far to the right, he thinks anything Bush/Cheney say or do is the right thing.
  • Cleaver62 mwg0735 2012/06/21 20:50:53
    Cleaver62
    You can not beat democracy into people. It is a movement. It is something they have to want and work for. They didn't ask us to come there and kill their people and lay waste to their counrty. We went in uninvited and were fought and asked to leave. Just like I can't turn you into a liberal, the US can not make Iraq embrace democracy.
  • TheTruth1313 2012/06/12 06:19:03
    Only history will decide.
    TheTruth1313
    +2
    As for, was the actual offensive a mistake: Only history will decide. However, the obvious mistake was entering into another action before finishing the war in Afghanistan.
  • no no 2012/06/12 05:42:13
    Yes.
    no no
    +4
    The evidence, consequences and facts speak for themselves.Blatant hubris on the part of the Bush administration.
  • beach bum 2012/06/12 05:13:20
    Yes.
    beach bum
  • Jakedog 2012/06/12 04:17:31
    Yes.
    Jakedog
    +3
    Anyone who says no, or claims Bush got OBL is just sour grapes and a sore loser.
  • James 2012/06/12 03:55:58
    Yes.
    James
    +2
    Funny....Mitt Romney would do the EXACT SAME THING......TODAY!!
  • gvc 2012/06/12 03:29:20
    No.
    gvc
    +2
    Obama didn't get Bin Laden, Seal Team # 6 did.
    Furthermore the jerk knew where he was for 9 months and waited until he THOUGHT it would benefit him politically.

I will remind you that BOTH houses supported the war effort against Iraq.
    WMD's were NOT the only reason we went to war in Iraq.
  • my2cents gvc 2012/06/12 06:29:29 (edited)
    my2cents
    +6
    And Bush didn't accomplish the Iraqi mission, U.S. troops did, but that didn't stop Bush from taking a victory lap on an aircraft carrier in a flight suit!

Obama was the only one who could have given that order, and if it had failed, republicans would have gleefully given Obama all the blame.

Since the mission was a roaring success, Obama gets the credit.

Bitter, your table is ready.
  • gvc my2cents 2012/06/12 10:21:50
    gvc
    +1
    Bush didn't take credit. He joined the people responsible for the effort. How many times has Oblah blah been to that area? He is too freaking cowardly.

Oh please, my two year old could have given that order. He did NOTHING, as usual.

Obama gets nothing but ire, for his arrogance and for snatching the victory from the REAL MEN who accomplished the task.

Stupid, I see you have already eaten.
  • jubil8 ... gvc 2012/06/12 14:20:39
    jubil8 BN-0 PON
    +4
    And if Obama went near there, you and every other hater would be screaming "grandstanding" and "publicity stunt" and "How much did it cost the taxpayers?"
  • gvc jubil8 ... 2012/06/12 17:57:34
    gvc
    I would love to see the coward off the golf course and visiting our troops.
  • my2cents gvc 2012/06/13 00:03:49
    my2cents
    +3
    Obama travelled to Baghdad twice to visit the troops.
  • gvc my2cents 2012/06/13 03:40:59
    gvc
    Yep under the cover of darkness. Again FREAKING COWARD!
    What an embarrassment to the United States.
  • my2cents gvc 2012/06/13 04:29:19 (edited)
    my2cents
    +3
    wtf does "under the cover of darkness" mean? You mean without anyone knowing until he got there, like Bush always did?

Too bad for you Obama didn't advertise his itinerary and give you his flight plan. You could have given it to your compatriots in Iraq!
  • gvc my2cents 2012/06/13 04:47:37
    gvc
    UH no....at night. Guess you never watch the news. Too busy running your mouth.

Maci, your are insane. Who would want to stalk a 2 dollar hooker like you?
  • my2cents gvc 2012/06/13 06:08:27
    my2cents
    +1
    Just like Bush did, coward that he was.
  • flrdsgns gvc 2012/06/24 01:47:32
    flrdsgns
    Sounds like you got your panties in a wad. Guess you have nothing to say, so you have to attack people. Must suck to be you....
  • gvc flrdsgns 2012/06/24 02:36:13
    gvc
    I see you have no reading comprehension skills......

Typical Liberal....I know it sucks to be YOU!
  • LindaM my2cents 2012/06/15 17:48:18
    LindaM
    +3
    I swear, she's a lunatic. Stark raving mad..
  • my2cents LindaM 2012/06/18 04:32:36
    my2cents
    +3
    She is rabid with hatred. Most of the Obama haters are.
  • flrdsgns gvc 2012/06/24 01:46:02
    flrdsgns
    And bush made up a story about his trip to Iraq. Remember the phony story about almost being shot down?
  • gvc flrdsgns 2012/06/24 02:37:32
    gvc
    No I don't remember that "story"
    Must have happened during one of your drug induced psychotic breaks.
  • flrdsgns gvc 2012/06/24 04:03:47
    flrdsgns
    Yeah, I'm sure you forgot the "mission accomplished" crap he uttered when he decided he should dress up and play soldier.

Your pathetic
  • gvc flrdsgns 2012/06/24 04:13:10
    gvc
    You're projecting!

I didn't forget anything. If you could read, we both know you can't....you would see Bush's speech in my former comments.

Your boy is circling the drain.....Hehehe I FREAKING LOVE IT!
  • Maci my2cents 2012/06/13 04:11:58
  • my2cents Maci 2012/06/13 04:27:59
    my2cents
    +2
    okie dokie.
  • Tedster Maci 2012/06/15 15:50:21
    Tedster
    +1
    GVCs a woman? Really? I thought most women were smarter than that?
  • Maci Tedster 2012/06/15 15:51:50
  • LindaM Maci 2012/06/15 17:49:28
    LindaM
    +2
    She is and continues on every site..
  • Maci LindaM 2012/06/15 20:00:57
  • LindaM Maci 2012/06/15 20:04:08
    LindaM
    +1
    Sorry, I meant blog/question/post.. lol. You know.....
  • Maci LindaM 2012/06/15 20:06:38
  • Tedster gvc 2012/06/15 15:47:25
    Tedster
    +1
    How'd u miss his recent trip to Afghanistan to visit the troops? R u that illinformed? Ok so its a rhetorical question.
  • gvc Tedster 2012/06/15 15:51:27
    gvc
    You should learn to read or keep your comments to yourself.
    I know he visited, my point was he had to sneak in under the cover of darkness. Such a brave leader!
  • Tedster gvc 2012/06/19 03:29:32
    Tedster
    Actually I do both with equal facility. No need for me to block people or tell them to STFU or "keep your comments to yourself" ala you.

And what an extraordinarily stupid thing to say on a blog even by your less than exemplary stds.
  • my2cents gvc 2012/06/12 23:56:21 (edited)
    my2cents
    Of course Bush took full credit, even dressing up in costume for the occasion! His fighter pilot garb and victory lap celebration safe aboard an aircraft carrier was pure BS staging to make Bush look like one of the soldiers, snatching the spotlight for himself and diverting attention from the troops. It was an insult to all the REAL soldiers who fought the war, especially to the ones who died. Obama had too much class to put on a spectacle like that.

Obama's been to Baghdad twice, and has never had shoes thrown at him when there.

We all recognize that the right's refusal to give credit where credit is due is pure sour grapes, nothing more. And we all know you would rather have OBL alive and well and killing Americans than taken out under a Democratic President. And what's even more amazing is you call yourself patriots! Even Liz Cheney gives Obama credit now for getting OBL, I heard her say so months ago on a Sunday roundtable. That's a patriot.

If Bush had given that order, Republicans would have made 9/11 a national holiday.
    bitter

2014/10/01 14:21:13