Was KKK Snowman in Idaho a practical joke or warning sign for neighborhood residents?

Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal 2011/01/03 17:01:19
Related Topics: Racism, Halloween, Home
It was just a joke... those silly kids!
This is overt bigotry... racism is alive and well in Idaho!
A white separatist in Idaho has drawn the ire of neighbors and a visit
from the law after building a snowman shaped like a noose-carrying KKK
member on his front lawn, KXLY in Spokane, Wash., reports. Kootenai County sheriff's deputies, called by concerned parents at
nearby Hayden Meadows Elementary School, told Mark Eliseuson that he
could be charged with a public nuisance, KXLY says.

Eliseuson told
KXLY he saw nothing wrong with the snowman, but he did remove the noose
and knock off the pointy top. "It's such a message of hate," said
Amber Caldwell, who saw the snowman while visiting her cousin in the
neighborhood.Eliseuson has angered neighbors in the past by
flying Aryan Nations flags at his home. At Halloween he passed out
bullet casings after he said he ran out of candy.

Read More: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/ondeadline...

• Doc. J 2011/01/03 22:25:41
    Doc. J
    +8
    This is what it looks like.

And NO, a black comedian making jokes about white people is NOT the same thing, it not in the same ballpark, hell, it's not even the same game. Here's why:
    Black comedians have never killed anybody,
    They have never gone about in disguise, at night seeking to control
    a population through terrorist acts.

So....I don't wanna hear that sh!t any more. There is no rational human that could think the two are equivalent in any way shape or form EXCEPT "new age racists' who seek to try and ledgitimize their bigotry by saying "well, they do it too!!!!" and then picking THAT as an example of how. Nope, sorry, you lose bubba. First of all "Well they're doing it!!" is what I expect from a 2nd grader as far a logic, not adults.
    Secondly....I keep an eye on what hate groups are telling their people to do. (yes, the internet IS wonderfull) and the shady logic of "Klan hatred=what black comedians say" falls right into their efforts to legitimize their bigotry to the public at large.

White pride.......is just as dumb as black or brown pride.
    It is pushed by ignorant people who have never seen fit to really accomplish anything worthwhile but still want to feel superior to the next person, and all of them....are worthless.

• Bronti 2011/01/07 18:20:40
    Bronti
    +1
    I sure hope he is on watch by the local authorities. I would guess this will not be the last we hear of this guy.
  • C. C. Rider 2011/01/06 11:42:36
    C. C. Rider
    +1
    This is what happens when those KKK asses are low on sheets.....blow torch anyone? Is that a Tea Tard sign in his hand? Really, why is this guy even let out of his "special" jacket.
  • YvetteSweet 2011/01/05 15:34:19
    YvetteSweet
    +1
    Lately it appears that very little gets Black people upset even when living breathing Black people are lynched we do very little if anything. We allow signs and overt symbols of racism to be flaunted before our faces and we think it to be a joke. This is not a childish prank. Foolishness- I can grantee you that if this snow man was in my town the MEN would take it down. Symbols have deeper means than spoken language and how are the children in this town, both Black and White processing this symbol.
  • unclepat 2011/01/04 22:10:23
    unclepat
    +2
    I don't like it at all but because of that wonderful piece of paper called the Constitution, i'll defend to the death this man's right to do something so stupid....NOW HAVING SAID THAT, I'LL ALSO DEFEND TO THE DEATH, ANOTHER MANS RIGHT TO BEAT THE SHYYYYYT OUTTA THAT FOOL!
  • Shadow13 2011/01/04 17:45:55
    Shadow13
    +2
    The Hayden Lake area of Idaho is where the Aryan Nation's compound is. It is no question to the connection. The man's history reinforces the point that this was an overt display of his bigotry.

Just another example of the fruits of conservative and repressive thinking as propagated by the Conservative Movement.
  • Just MEH....Piwan 2011/01/04 16:05:20
    Just MEH....Piwan
    +2
    Whatever the intention was, it is completely innappropriate!!! Whoever the "artist' is should get thrown in jail!
  • FATEEN 2011/01/04 05:02:09
    FATEEN
    +2
    I would honestly trip out and of course tell a few people about it. But you what?

With all due honesty I'd be this dudes neighbor as long as he keeps that in his yard and that's what it appears to me. It's childish. It's immature that an adult performs such an act characteristic of an adolescent.
    l
    Though it is racist and the individual obviously had an obvious intent with an obvious message to get attention yet he succumbed to pressure by knocking off parts that distinguished this snowman from traditional snowmen.
    Man I have a long personal story about something that actually happened like this in real life. But unless people are getting viciously murdered, getting kidnapped or anything else Not too concerned with the jibber jabber people talking out the side of their mouths yet aren't really prepared to pop a cherry except for talking out the side of their mouths.

This dude is a flunky forreal.
  • Doc. J 2011/01/03 22:25:41
    Doc. J
    +8
    This is what it looks like.

a population through terrorist acts.

• Chris -... Doc. J 2011/01/04 15:28:23
  • Doc. J Chris -... 2011/01/04 15:34:28
    Doc. J
    +5
    No....I'm suggesting the Klan has.

But no bets either way on Carrot Top.
  • Chris -... Doc. J 2011/01/04 15:35:42
  • Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of ... 2011/01/03 22:05:57
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +2
    I'd say this is a good thing. Now if the tool ever decides to act on his beliefs, the police have due cause to put the finger on him. BTW, is providing children with ammunition not a crime in any way?
  • Shadow13 Ruby De... 2011/01/03 22:59:38
    Shadow13
    +1
    Not to mention his flying of Aryan nation's flag. The whole Hayden Lake area in Idaho is where the Aryan Nation has their compound. Bullet casings are just the brass remains of a round of ammunition after it is fired. It's not really ammunition. If he was passing out actual ammunition it would be contributing to the delinquency of a minor.
  • Ruby De... Shadow13 2011/01/03 23:21:38
    Ruby Dear - The Fangirl of PHAET
    +2
    Ah fair enough, never owned a gun in my life.
  • Shadow13 Ruby De... 2011/01/03 23:33:18
    Shadow13
    +1
    It's ok. It is a common mistake with those not really experienced in firearms.
  • Seth 2011/01/03 20:58:26
  • politicaljunkie 2011/01/03 20:48:46
    politicaljunkie
    +3
    He is a white separatist. Need anything else be said regarding his feelings about minorities
  • Che Guevara - Hero 2011/01/03 20:47:26
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +3
    If he was my neighbor I would be sure to give him a "warm" welcome. lol
    neighbor warm lol Molotov cocktial
  • FATEEN Che Gue... 2011/01/04 05:04:57
    FATEEN
    +2
    This is a clown Che, dude is a flunky.
  • Chris -... Che Gue... 2011/01/04 15:26:31
  • Che Gue... Chris -... 2011/01/04 17:08:03
    Che Guevara - Hero
    +2
    I have a special place in my heart for hate mongers, klansmen, and neo-nazis.
  • Quintes... Chris -... 2011/01/04 17:16:18
    Quintessential Brother The Conservative Liberal
    +1
    And right wingers are such a peaceful bunch!
    wingers peaceful bunch mission accomplished
  • Wolverineland 2011/01/03 20:18:43
    It was just a joke... those silly kids!
    Wolverineland
    +1
    It was probably just a joke due to the fact that next to Vermont, Idaho is probably the whitest state in the U.S. so is he really sending a message to his neighbors or did he know that photo would go viral and get everybody elses dander up? I think it's a joke in bad taste but hate when people get oversensitive about things.
  • Bronar 2011/01/03 19:20:49
    Bronar
    +1
    I'd rather know that my neighbor is a dumb ass redneck racist than have him work at his pathetic leaning covertly where he might have better luck. Of course the paint bombs I'd be tossing at the house would be done covertly, so I'm not much better.
  • kate 2011/01/03 18:52:00 (edited)
    kate
    +3
    Whether it was directed at some individual is less relevant (outside of possible peril of safety) as is the fact that this type of thing exists.

This should be a reminder and warning sign to the many white people who tell me constantly that Obama's election is a sign that racism is functionally dead. Far from it.
  • unclepat kate 2011/01/04 22:17:00
    unclepat
    +1
    Yup. They like to use the old "we just disagree with his policies" excuse!
  • Pet Rock Whisperer 2011/01/03 18:40:31
    It was just a joke... those silly kids!
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +3
    Or should have been treated as such. I think rather than complaining about it, it would have been better to simply make a nice big yellow stain on that snowklan right about crotch level.
  • WGN 2011/01/03 18:30:08
    WGN
    +3
    It is not a joke. It is stupidity!
  • twocrows 2011/01/03 18:27:37
    twocrows
    +5
    yes, it's overt bigotry. and yes, overt bigotry is defended by the Constitution. sad but true -- AND necessary, unfortunately.
  • say what? 2011/01/03 18:06:23
    say what?
    +3
    Knowing your neighbors mindset could be advantageous.
  • bye 2011/01/03 18:00:30
  • Quintes... bye 2011/01/03 18:04:43
    +5
    Gandalf?!?!?!?
    gandalf
  • bye Quintes... 2011/01/03 18:09:09
  • Quintes... bye 2011/01/03 20:16:32
    +3
    "Why doesn't Merlin get any love? Merlin is like the OG of wizards!
  • bye Quintes... 2011/01/03 21:45:25
  • Pet Roc... Quintes... 2011/01/03 18:41:58
    Pet Rock Whisperer
    +4
    Or his brother, Klandalf!
  • FATEEN Quintes... 2011/01/04 05:07:33
    FATEEN
    +2
    The photo is ill bro! I have to save this.

I initially hit you up to ask what does Gandalf mean anyway?
  • Quintes... FATEEN 2011/01/04 17:47:59
    +2
    It's a fictitious name from the novel The Lord of the Rings by J. R. R. Tolkien.
  • unclepat Quintes... 2011/01/04 22:12:26
    unclepat
    +1
    I could've gone for that save for that noose though! lol

2014/09/16 14:21:59