Was Elizabeth Edwards Right to Seek Revenge on John With Videotape?

The trial over John Edwards' alleged misuse of campaign funds took a ghostly turn on Friday when the National Enquirer reported that John's late wife Elizabeth, who passed away last year from breast cancer, left an incriminating testimony via recorded videotape just before her death.

Details about the video are still forthcoming, but the Enquirer assures us that the testimony does not flatter her husband in the slightest.

"... She passed the video to a close friend and asked that it be sent to prosecutors,” said the source.

“On the secret video, Elizabeth spells out EVERYTHING she knew.

“Elizabeth wanted to haunt John and Rielle [Hunter] – literally from her grave – and she has."

Some sources are suggesting that the tape should be ignored by the courts (including John -- shocking! -- himself) because of its emotional premise, but in terms of his reputation it seems John couldn't be more doomed.

Read More: http://www.nationalenquirer.com/exclusive-john-edw...

• JMc. 2011/06/27 15:56:56
    JMc.
    Legally speaking, what she did can be called a 'Dying Declaration' and that is almost always admitted as evidence when a witness or the like has died before being able to go to court officially to give proper testimony. I hope they do allow it, she deserves her day in court, no matter what.
  • HBO 2011/06/24 09:14:16
    HBO
    After what that woman had to go through, I love the fact that she told it all. Whether or not they admit the tape, it will be heard. I really can't think of what else could make him look any worse though. He's pretty sleazy and low.
  • Theo HBO 2011/06/27 15:54:43
    Theo
    No. I think her family - children especially would have loved and appreciated her mor if she hadnlt done it.
  • HBO Theo 2011/07/01 08:37:49
    HBO
    I can't see how his children could possibly respect him. I would hope that they understand why she did it and how much pain he caused her.
  • Theo Theo 2011/07/05 16:11:35
    Theo
    I for one would have thought my mother a saint if I knew she had the tape and kept it quiet.
  • Pee,wee 2011/06/23 19:48:21
    Pee,wee
    God Bless You Elizabeth, You are in My Prayers Honey, Now you can rest in Peace
    now that you have done your part in putting to rest what this man had done to you and what he was all about.....You Rest now that you are in heaven with our savior.....

With Love
    Pee Wee
  • VX Pee,wee 2011/06/25 21:23:56
  • Pee,wee VX 2011/06/29 19:03:59
    Pee,wee
    WOW scared of You!!!/ VX, is that like for vixin
  • HBO VX 2011/07/01 08:39:05
    HBO
    He did more than have a lover ! He fathered a child with this lover and then left his wife as she was fighting terminal cancer !!
  • Jackie 2011/06/23 19:09:35
    Jackie
    There needs to be an undecided here. It's the National Enquirer, so can we really trust what they say?
  • aaron 2011/06/23 10:26:03
    aaron
    Yes I think she was in her every right
    With the tape why the he'll not if John
    Can't handle it that's his problem.
  • studiobrat PWCM AFCL 2011/06/23 02:44:49
    studiobrat  PWCM AFCL
    He deserves all of the abuse and bad publicity that he has created. I hope his political career is over and done with! Also, I hope his slut leaves him for a younger man! publicity created hope political career hope slut leaves younger cheating husband
  • Glen 2011/06/20 00:33:03
    Glen
    Revenge often follows betrayal.
  • Azcat 2011/06/19 15:03:06
    Azcat
    +1
    Edwards is the scum of the earth and needs to get all that is coming to him. His aid that covered up the affair and was complicit in the fake paternity should be tried and convicted also. Elizabeth deserves justice for his blatant infidelity and deception.
  • VX Azcat 2011/06/25 21:25:41
    VX
    And what do you do/ Open it up so people do not feel the need to deceive? Fearful are we?
  • Azcat VX 2011/06/30 01:35:30
    Azcat
    I am not understanding your remark. John portrayed himself to the American people as devoted to his wife while behind the scenes he used his money and aides to cover his deceit. You find nothing wrong with that? You are morally bankrupt!
  • doodle BN-0 2011/06/19 04:03:08
    doodle BN-0
    +1
    Accidentally clicked "no." Yeah. If she's dead, she can't do the court process completely, so doing the video tape is the best she can do, as we can see.
  • sami 2011/06/18 02:26:07 (edited)
    sami
    +1
    Dying in slow motion is so painful that you can get bitter to those living ... I can truthfully say that I do not like John Edwards ... He should have waited, but I have seen other men do what he did ... It is kind of like a strange selfish way of coping, having a slut on the side ... Very selfish way, he should of treated his wife as if she was the only thing that mattered, she was dying and did not deserve what he did ... I did have a co-worker though, that when his wife died from breast cancer, she told their young daughters that when she was gone their daddy would remarry and finally get that son he wanted ... I told him that was the pain talking and she really did want him to be happy ... Yes we all can say when we enjoy good health that we want our spouse to remarry and be happy, but look what happened to Jim Jones that time he was dying ... He had all his followers take poison ... When some are in pain they get bitter ... It is really hard to die ... I have known only two people that even though they were in a great deal of pain, all they did was think of others and keep up a good front ... My Uncle had been a cigarette smoker and died of lung cancer ... He told me it was like drowning in slow motion so if you are young, please try and stop smoking if you do smoke ... I...
    Dying in slow motion is so painful that you can get bitter to those living ... I can truthfully say that I do not like John Edwards ... He should have waited, but I have seen other men do what he did ... It is kind of like a strange selfish way of coping, having a slut on the side ... Very selfish way, he should of treated his wife as if she was the only thing that mattered, she was dying and did not deserve what he did ... I did have a co-worker though, that when his wife died from breast cancer, she told their young daughters that when she was gone their daddy would remarry and finally get that son he wanted ... I told him that was the pain talking and she really did want him to be happy ... Yes we all can say when we enjoy good health that we want our spouse to remarry and be happy, but look what happened to Jim Jones that time he was dying ... He had all his followers take poison ... When some are in pain they get bitter ... It is really hard to die ... I have known only two people that even though they were in a great deal of pain, all they did was think of others and keep up a good front ... My Uncle had been a cigarette smoker and died of lung cancer ... He told me it was like drowning in slow motion so if you are young, please try and stop smoking if you do smoke ... It really is hard watching someone you love die like that ... Not to mention, the other one I knew that was strong when she died was my Grandmother and she died because of second hand smoke ... She never complained and gave me a big smile that last week before she died ... All the others were complainers even though they had never been that way before ... You can't hold it against them though, they are dying ... I pray to God that when it is my time to go I won't be a burden on anyone, but if I am I hope they will forgive me as I have forgiven others ...
  • chas 2011/06/17 18:56:09
    chas
    more like RIGHTEOUS revenge! Why not? righteous revenge why not
  • Michael 2011/06/17 17:28:51
    Michael
    If it would help in a court case. This is a step toward ensuring justice.
  • myfoxmystere 2011/06/16 22:32:28
    myfoxmystere
    Well, now John-boy has the perfect mugshot taken for the record! He won't be chasing ambulances anymore...Tiny, Momo, and Bubba now have his back end!
  • lovesounds777 2011/06/16 21:39:50
    lovesounds777
    not satisfied at all, when just one person a time receive their karma.
    what about the environment? there are so many who get away with similar conduct, because machismo among politicians is being tolerated, and only those who get caught will see consequences. while a lot of people are knowing and not telling. it's a rotten caste. how many of his cronies didn't know? a cough to "no one knew".
    this "personal" culture is worthless. a politician is never alone. in a moral way, others are guilty as well. why needs a woman die from cancer to be recognized as "being treated so evil"? it's the deeds, the environment, and the support by cronies, not about her death. that's just the karma.
  • VX lovesou... 2011/06/25 21:27:55
    VX
    No it is called enjoying you life admit all the crap lies how happily ever after is one big lie!
  • Sherry 2011/06/16 12:41:56
    Sherry
    If she could have just survived a little longer and actually testified against him in person would have been wonderful. I just hope the judge will allow this video in court proceedings.
  • MS PRUD 2011/06/15 19:09:30
    MS PRUD
    Good for her.
  • waynelaboy 2011/06/15 13:09:11
    waynelaboy
    john is a heartless monster, hey he'd make a great politician.
  • ashgameover 2011/06/15 12:17:02
    ashgameover
    Look this mofo was out messing around with someone else while this woman was on her deathbed. I say she had every right and then some to do this. The only question remaining now is whether it was truthful testimony that can be backed up (which I'm guessing it probably is considering he was already under wraps, but it should still be investigated) or just bs from a woman scorned (which I find doubtful).
  • nefertari 2011/06/15 05:59:24
    nefertari
    +1
    JOHN EDWARDS was a scum bag....he couldn't wait till Elizabeth was gone before he started fooling around...she sacrificed a lot for his career...so why not get your revenge from the grave? He deserved every bit of it...tit for tat.
  • martin28 2011/06/15 05:53:09
    martin28
    +1
    Yeah, if he cheated on her in her biggest time of need then yeah she has a right to spill all she know about his corruption.
  • Rogeire 2011/06/15 04:36:37
    Rogeire
    Revenge is mine sayeth the Lord. Doesn't speak well for her character. No wonder he looked elsewhere for affection
  • ashgame... Rogeire 2011/06/15 12:27:44
    ashgameover
    +1
    The bible's seventh commandment also says thou shalt not commit adultery. The bible also says those that commit adultery should be stoned. John got off easy with this.
  • Dirtcli... ashgame... 2011/06/16 04:57:55 (edited)
    Dirtclimber
    +1
    encouraging him to smoke drugs wont make this go away although he will probably handle the situation better if he was stoned of his ass
  • ashgame... Dirtcli... 2011/06/16 23:58:01
    ashgameover
    Lol point well taken. I was only making a point by speaking in the original commenter's bibletext. Thanks for the amusement.
  • Rogeire ashgame... 2011/07/03 16:11:04
    Rogeire
    Let he who is without sin cast the first stone
  • ashgame... Rogeire 2011/07/05 16:16:06
    ashgameover
    Exactly, and aren't you casting a stone at Elizabeth?
  • Rogeire ashgame... 2011/07/24 17:57:56
    Rogeire
    Is she without sin????? Don't know, since I don't live in their house.
  • ashgame... Rogeire 2011/07/28 16:32:01
    ashgameover
    I really don't care.
  • Rogeire ashgame... 2011/07/24 17:55:56
    Rogeire
    Also says "He who is without sin should cast the first stone. Some of us are more human than others & are more prone to sin' All part of walking the dark tunnel of life to the hopefully. light at the end
  • waynelaboy Rogeire 2011/06/15 13:10:49
    waynelaboy
    +1
    the truth has to come to light though. also in your bible.
  • sami Rogeire 2011/06/18 02:35:35
    sami
    I voted no too, but you need to cut the wife some slack though, she was in pain and dying ... Dying slowly like that is not easy and many people become complainers and are bitter ... As a matter of fact only two that I have known that have died of cancer have been good up to the last minute ... That was my Uncle and Grandmother with their good front, always thinking of others all the way up to the last ... All the others with cancer, the pain is so bad they might say things they don't really mean ...

2014/10/01 12:39:34