Walter Zimmerman (I-CAP Vice President) Tells Glenn Beck We're in a Depression: Do you agree?

Creamy 2009/02/26 17:57:46
Yes, I think Zimmerman is right that America is in a depression...
No, Fox News is bogus and I-CAP's VP is wrong...
I think...
Walter Zimmerman, Vice President of United I-CAP Analytics told Glenn Beck of Fox News that America is in a depression. Zimmerman says that the last time America faced a collapsing equity, real estate, and commodity market was the Great Depression. Walter also says that Obama's stimulus plan and advice to build credit is wrong, that "prices need to get cheap enough so that people feel compelled to buy... [that] the only way out of this is deflation."

Do you agree?

• Sadie100~In God we trust~ 2009/02/26 21:40:50
    Sadie100~In God we trust~
    +3
    For about a year now, no it's longer than that !! Everything has been shooting up on prices, it has to stop someplace ! I can not walk in the grocery store without spending $150.00, and that's 1 person!!

• Ms Missy 2009/02/28 03:18:44
    I think...
    Ms Missy
    if things do not change soon we are headed there.
    change headed
  • Mark P. 2009/02/28 01:59:38
    Mark P.
    unfortunately yes.
  • lele 2009/02/28 00:30:58
    lele
    no comment
  • kellie 2009/02/28 00:06:51
    I think...
    kellie
    I dont think we have made it to another depression yet but we are on our way. this is more of a recession.
  • zany08 2009/02/27 23:49:24
    I think...
    zany08
    we re in a recession, not a depression!
  • jeffking45 2009/02/27 22:45:03
    jeffking45
    If not now, then soon. $30 Billion a month for war, $80 Billion buyout, oops, bailout of the banking industry, $800 billion stimulus package.....folks, you just can't keep printing money out of thin air. The federal reserve has created a house of cards thats beginning to fall down around our ears. And as far as news outlets go, theres left wing, theres right wing, and theres the truth!
  • nylhahsperson 2009/02/27 21:41:37
    I think...
    nylhahsperson
    idk.
  • Lexie 2009/02/27 20:39:45
    I think...
    Lexie
    The economy will get better if people stop harping on how bad it is... If the people in charge actually instilled some FAITH in the economy, we wouldn't be in as bad as we are.
  • Protector 2009/02/27 17:34:52
    Protector
    I don't think we're in a depression yet.. maybe some but not like what previous generations experienced in the 30's... now that was a depression. But i do think it is going to happen, where close to a third of the country will be jobless and so on.

Why are we still wasting hundreds of millions of dollars into Iraq when home needs it most?
  • zany08 Protector 2009/02/27 23:50:14
    zany08
    good question!
  • Keen Tojones 2009/02/27 15:48:17
    I think...
    Keen Tojones
    Zimmerman probably has a freezer full of meat and a nice portfolio.
  • Jo 2009/02/27 14:55:31
    I think...
    Jo
    We are heading in the direction of a depression. As "Young Amercians" if you do not believe this, talk with an "Old American" . One who ived through the last depression. Get their take on the path we have layed out for ourselves. Everyone of them will tell you that we did this to ourselves and we are going to have to get out of this ourselves. Do not depend on the government and for God's sake do not listen to the government!!!!!
  • eath 2009/02/27 14:38:14
    eath
    In these times when the finances of the world are based on nothing but perception,if we all believe things are OK or getting better they will.Depression,not in my life time.
  • Guyupstairs 2009/02/27 13:13:59
    I think...
    Guyupstairs
    If this is a depression than what was the Jimmy Carter years?
  • Lorenzo 2009/02/27 12:48:03
  • Spaxol 2009/02/27 12:11:49
    Spaxol
    Its BEEN in a depression for a long time. We have been in a ressecion LOOOOOOOONNG before they said anything just as with this. And the only way people WIILL buy things is if they are cheaper. It would do wonders for our county, too bad the companies will never go for it.
  • Marlow ~ Let There Be Light 2009/02/27 11:47:30
    I think...
    Marlow ~ Let There Be Light
    No Fox News is not bogus but I do not think we are in a depression. Let's stop the calamity talk. It's just giving BO more reason to foist socialism onto this once great country.
  • De'~ 2009/02/27 09:26:37
    De'~
    I'd just like to know how much worse all has to get before the gov will openly admit that...
  • Jonathan Kennedy 2009/02/27 05:32:45
    I think...
    Jonathan Kennedy
    Greed and mistakes made by less than 10% of homeowners will put all of us soon in a great depression if not already and unfortunately the other 90% will pay for it gravely as it is an American tradition. One for all and all for one …
  • concerned 2009/02/27 04:10:38
    I think...
    concerned
    if we are the republicans place us there ..
  • Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~ 2009/02/27 03:44:21
    Cal ~ Pegleg4570 ~
    And Lil Barry Soetoro will lead us farther into it .
  • holliday04 2009/02/27 03:16:07
    holliday04
    and it's going to get worse before it gets better.
  • HighTech ~ We have elected ... 2009/02/27 02:10:29
    I think...
    HighTech ~ We have elected the Enemy
    It's not that bad yet, but give St. Barry a chance, and it will be.

A depression is defined as a GDP drop of 10% or more, and we haven't quite reached that level. Once The Anointed One and his trained monkeys in Congress have finished spending us into oblivion, it will be the '30s all over again.
  • HeliAce 2009/02/27 01:02:00
    HeliAce
    Now whats the real new news.
  • ed 2009/02/27 00:45:26
    ed
    +1
    I think so; I certainly don't see it as a time of prosperity with banks, industries, and businesses failing. How many people lost their jobs last month? Nope, prosperity isn't on the rise. If Fox is the only media reporting this as a depression, how do the others explain the plight the country is in? Or do they just ignore it?
  • The Myth 2009/02/26 23:21:11
    I think...
    The Myth
  • tripp'68 2009/02/26 23:13:03
    tripp'68
    +1
    business failing, jobs nonexistent, home foreclosures and depressed economy, sounds like depression to me. Are you depressed.. I'm depressed. Maybe a little repressed too.

• random turtle 2009/02/26 23:00:16
    I think...
    random turtle
    I think I would still classify this as a recession.
  • jennifer1969 2009/02/26 22:48:44
    jennifer1969
    +1
    Yes I think he is right.
  • Virgil Leonheart 2009/02/26 22:44:12
    Virgil Leonheart
    +1
    We've been in a depression for a while now. People are losing their jobs, losing their homes, futures etc. Like Obama said, it will take more than 4 years to overcome this depression.
  • Dan-Proud American 2009/02/26 22:28:03
    Dan-Proud American
    I agree. Deflation is actually very painful, but that's the only way we will get back on track.
  • Nanz 2009/02/26 22:09:39
    I think...
    Nanz
    +1
    Well honestly it kind of seems so. Me and My friend talked bout this earlier before we hit all this bad economy thing. So far all is true, but dont give up hope. Things always get worse in the beginning before it gets better. \m/ >.<
    Sadie100~In God we trust~
    +3
  • Matt 2009/02/26 21:29:05
    Matt
    Yes we are in a the beginning of a depression, and it is going to get worse. It is no accident either, and everything that they are doing to fix it is purposely designed to make it worse. Public works projects do not create wealth. Obama should have fixed the foundation before he borrowed money to put the vinyl siding on.
  • Jeremiah 2009/02/26 20:47:08
  • SuperCee 2009/02/26 20:35:48
    SuperCee
    +3
    I agree with that. Everything has gone up, the cost of living in particular but many aren't making enough money to meet the cost of living. I don't buy certain items anymore because they are just too darn expensive. I think if prices did drop a bit on basic necessities, I wouldn't be so scared to spend money. Look at milk, or dairy products in general. A gallon of milk is $4 and change. Needless to say, I don't buy milk that often.
  • Crazy C 2009/02/26 20:27:52
    I think...
    Crazy C
    HUH!? "prices need to get cheap enough so that people feel compelled to buy... "

Well, I dont know who the heck is NOT spending. I am not waiting until I die to spend what I work for.

I am not saying I am in debt, (not at all), it's just not that hard to spend and not OVERSPEND.

Come on people.. buy also in the small just like the big bussinesses.

waiting die spend work debt spend overspend people buy bussinesses
  • Congrats Obama! 2009/02/26 19:51:24
    I think...
    Congrats Obama!
    Yes, we are in a Depression. NO, Zimmerman's plan is wrong. Yes, The Presidents plan is part of the answer.
  • No Country for Young Men 2009/02/26 19:29:37
    I think...
    No Country for Young Men
    +1
    I don't know about a depression, but he is right about deflation. Deflation will make us more competitive in the global market and help bring jobs back to this country.
    We have had too many years in a row of inflation and our cost of living continues to rise to the point where our standard of living has been dropping in the last few years.
  • Marilyn 2009/02/26 19:12:27
    Marilyn
    +3
    After watching the segment on Youtube just now, I feel like it's all just a ploy to get more ratings (and it seems to have worked). What with Fox having a reputation for having unreliable news, I feel like they would do something so frightening so as to announce that we're in a depression in an effort to get people to believe that Fox is the only station that will "tell us the truth." That sounds counter-intuitive, but I swear it isn't.

2014/07/30 01:00:06