Vibrating Tattoos: Wonderful or Wacky?

SodaHead News 2012/03/21 13:00:00
According to the Wall Street Journal, someone has filed a patent for "vibrating tattoos." And it wasn't just anyone -- the patent was filed by Nokia. What use could one have for a so-called vibrating tattoo, you ask? That's not 100 percent clear yet, but it's not as aimless as it sounds. The tattoo would vibrate when the wearer received a text, phone call, or e-mail. (Yes, people. It's happening.)

Unwired View describes the innovation in detail: "The tattoo would be applied using ferromagnetic inks. The ink material would first be exposed to high temperatures to demagnetize it. Then the tattoo would be applied. You'll apparently be able to choose the actual image you want as the tattoo. The procedure is identical to that of getting a 'normal' tattoo -- only the ink is special." Do you think the idea of a vibrating tattoo -- and the fact that we're so close to it -- is wonderful or wacky?

nokia tattoo

• LanceBowen Tenness... 2012/03/22 15:29:22
    LanceBowen
    +3
    You're an idiot. What I don't understand is why people like you bother to share your ignorance.
  • Tenness... LanceBowen 2012/03/22 15:58:15
    Tennessee3501
    +1
    I though the purpose of SodaHead was to share opinions. Tattoos are like grafitti. You can bet if one was placed on an underage child, the Child Protective Services would be called!
  • ROCKER Tenness... 2012/03/23 02:25:02
    ROCKER
    +1
    WTF..what a stupid obtuse comment. What the hell does tattooing children have to do.with the price of tea in china? who would do that to a kid anyways, and what is the comparison to this issue ? Boy, I tell you..some peoples kids..sheeesh
  • Tenness... ROCKER 2012/03/23 04:49:26
    Tennessee3501
    If it is so wrong to tattoo a child, it is wrong to tattoo yourself. You should love and respect your body and treat it like the temple that houses your soul! It is a gift from God and should not be defiled!
  • ROCKER Tenness... 2012/04/05 12:28:39
    ROCKER
    +1
    its wrong for children to smoke, drive cars, drink, have sex, be out at night time, watch adult tv, e.c.t. e.c.t!!! So i guess thats wrong for us too! My what brilliant tnsight you have! Such wisdom! You are RIDICULOUS.
  • Tenness... ROCKER 2012/04/05 15:42:40
    Tennessee3501
    Love you too!
  • ROCKER Tenness... 2012/04/14 22:59:21
    ROCKER
    +1
    great retort..kiss kiss
  • LanceBowen Tenness... 2012/03/23 06:00:16
    LanceBowen
    The ignorance of this particular comment is astounding! "Tattoos are like graffiti"?!?! Really?... How so?... No, please ENLIGHTEN me...
  • Eipok 2012/03/22 14:48:30
    Wonderful
    Eipok
    +1
    As shown in the diagram, not the picture, I think it's amazing. I'd love to have a vibrating tattoo control pad on the back of my hand. I'd never need a ringtone again, because I'd literally FEEL someone calling me, and I'd be able to answer, start a conference call, or even make a call without ever having to take my phone out, say anything, or reach anywhere else than the back of my left hand.
  • amoonsi... Eipok 2012/03/22 19:23:13
    amoonsinger
    Hum, I didn't read anything about being able to "answer, make a call, conference, or anything but have your body vibrating". Are you really seeing all that from your body vibrating. LOL, maybe some day but that isn't what I see here. Looks to me like they do the tattoo, you vibrate, you get your device out to answer it, get an email, or read a text. I don't see any more then that from the diagram. Tattoo on belly, arm, or where ever and then a hand held device being used after you vibrate. What an annoyance.
  • Eipok amoonsi... 2012/04/14 23:03:23
    Eipok
    Subcutaneous implant, or some kind of conductive ink, would let you use the tattoo like a computer interface.
  • ZoeBell 2012/03/22 14:47:50
    Wacky
    ZoeBell
    +1
    That's insane!
  • baby girl 2012/03/22 14:36:47
    Wacky
    baby girl
    +1
    this is stupid
  • Bob 2012/03/22 14:34:24
  • heirsoftheking 2012/03/22 14:31:20
    Wacky
    heirsoftheking
    If many tattoo colors will already conduct electricity (shock you) when you get an MRI, I wonder what these will do?
  • Lefty 2012/03/22 14:22:12
    Wacky
    Lefty
    What is going on? I'm sure it will be a big seller though. Should buy Nokia stock.
  • ManBearPig 2012/03/22 14:17:23
  • U-Dog 2012/03/22 14:03:58
    Wacky
    U-Dog
    Now if someone invents a gizmo that will set these things off as you walk thru a crowd I'd be interested LOL.
  • ksmith12378 2012/03/22 13:39:31
    Wacky
    ksmith12378
    its kind of wierd to hyave vibrating tatoos it is also very unique and creative at the same time!
  • ItzjusGina 2012/03/22 12:59:26
    Wacky
    ItzjusGina
    That's some weird sh8t out of a sci-fi movie.
  • converse22 2012/03/22 12:50:37
    Wacky
    converse22
    uhm why would people invent this stuff?
  • Richard 2012/03/22 12:34:13
    Wacky
    Richard
    +1
    It's sick...
  • seasmoke70 2012/03/22 12:28:55
  • Michaelene 2012/03/22 12:18:10
    Wacky
    Michaelene
    +1
    I'm ready to toss my phone in the ocean, it seems there's no disconnect time anymore. Last thing i'd want is my body vibrating for every text.
  • Bill 2012/03/22 12:16:24
    Wacky
    Bill
    +1
    I don't think so!!!!!!!
  • Chanel 2012/03/22 11:41:48
  • Relay 2012/03/22 09:37:01
    Wonderful
    Relay
    +1
    think of how wonderful a tramp stamp would feel after a long days work...
  • freakoutnow... cuz mom's here 2012/03/22 09:19:44
    Wacky
    freakoutnow... cuz mom's here
    +2
    CREEPY and DANGEROUS (that ink could cause cancer and other health problems).
  • Emily 2012/03/22 09:18:20
    Wacky
    Emily
    +2
    All tattoos are. Just an exteremely painful way of opening your skin up to an infection for a picture that you can never change unless you pay hundreds for it to be painfully removed. And yoou pay for this privelege!
  • LanceBowen Emily 2012/03/22 15:36:44
    LanceBowen
    +1
    Ignorant. Yes, a tattoo certainly can get infected... if you have no common sense, and don't keep it clean, just like any cut or wound. Jeez, why do people like you insist on running your mouth about thing you know nothing of?
  • Emily LanceBowen 2012/03/22 15:57:17
    Emily
    Things I know nothing of? Listen, I researched this because a friend said she'd get a tattoo, and I looked it up; if the needle is anything less than 100% sterile, there's nothing you can do, you'll be infected. No amount of cleaning will change that fact. And it's ink. Being pressed into your living skin tissue. And that causes ink poisoning! Not in all, but in a considerable number. And unless you wear a bandage over the new tattoo the whole time, you're never going to be sure it's clean and sterile.

Ignorant? I think not. And you seem not to have any argument for my other statements, so I would suggest not calling me ignorant any time soon.
  • LanceBowen Emily 2012/03/23 06:26:16 (edited)
    LanceBowen
    Oh, well, I stand corrected... I was not aware you "looked up" information on tattoos. Should I assume your intense "research" was conducted on the almighty web of truth, known as the internet? What you say makes so much sense! Like your comment about how if the needle is anything less than 100% sterile, there's nothing you can do to avoid infection. It sure is a good thing that everything that ever scratches us or breaks our skin, in any way, is 100% sterile or we'd suffer constant infections. Like that 100% sterile ground on which you stubbed your toe or skinned your knee, or that 100% sterile kitchen knife you accidentally cut yourself with. I can DEFINITELY see how an autoclaved, surgical stainless steel needle, that only punctures the top few layers of skin (used by a TRAINED and LICENSED professional) would pose such a deadly risk to one's health!
    IGNORANT! Yes... YOU ARE IGNORANT! Since you are so willing to give me a suggestion, I feel compelled to return the favor and "suggest" that you remove your head, which has somehow become lodged deep inside your IGNORANT butt, and get a clue. Why don't you just stick to what you know. I'm sure there is plenty of insight into the Twilight movies and Justin Beiber that you could bless us all with...
  • Emily LanceBowen 2012/03/24 19:16:49
    Emily
    Okay "expert", maybe I got some bits wrong, and maybe I used an inaccurate source for some of it. But I know that unless it is 100% sterile, there is always a CHANCE that it could get infected, whether the needle is surgical steel or not, from airborne bacteria, bacteria on the skin, you get the picture. And when you cut yourself, it's not 100% sterile; but if it's too open, then you put ANTISEPTIC on the wound, that makes it STERILE! By the way, that's for your "suggestion", which I will kindly decline, as it seems you are looking at your reflection rather than me.

I'm not ignorant; I may be misinformed on a couple of aspects, however I am not totally ignorant.

And if you would like to pull me down to your level with the reference to your favourite film series and favourite artist as mentioned, then you are not worth my time.
  • Eipok Emily 2012/04/16 19:03:22
    Eipok
    +1
    Then may I advise you to seal yourself inside a hermetically sealed bubble and never go anywhere? And remember, you shouldn't ever eat anything through your mouth, because there's always the chance that you'll choke, so you should just inject nutrients into your bloodstream. Oh, wait, that's dangerous too! In fact, that's WAY more dangerous than just just getting a tattoo, because that goes all the way to your blood vessels and injects foreign substances into your bloodstream! Well... I guess the world is just TOO dangerous, isn't it? Looks like the only solution to completely avoid ever getting infected is to kill yourself.
  • LanceBowen Emily 2012/04/21 17:27:07
    LanceBowen
    no, I'm afraid you ARE totally ignorant
  • G 2012/03/22 09:10:46
    Wacky
    G
    +1
    I think Americans need some time away from their phones. Something in the range of forever.
  • Darth Jennocyde 2012/03/22 09:08:18
    Wacky
    Darth Jennocyde
    +2
    WHAT THE F____K????? Eh just put a barcode on us with all our ID information and Social Security number and be done with it!!! Things are slowly turning into the scenarios in those futuristic movies we used to laugh at!!!!
  • Kebby Darth J... 2012/03/22 16:16:51
    Kebby
    +1
    They already have the ability to do this and are working on legislation to make it legal to do without our consent. Think Demolition Man think - Rev 13:16 not even from a biblical standpoint. It basically says that everyone will recieve the mark and will be unable to buy or sell without it
    1984 - Animal Farm - Big Brother wants to watch and has the capability to do it. It will start with criminals so everyone wil be ok with it. They will move on to traffic violators and other offenses then to reg law abiding citizens. By then it will be too late to stop it.
  • Darth J... Kebby 2012/03/27 06:08:50
    Darth Jennocyde
    You said it perfectly!!! Slowly things that we used to think were just in the movies and fantasy, are becoming reality...
  • Aksana 2012/03/22 08:52:47
    Wonderful
    Aksana
    Cute

2014/04/18 15:42:15