(Version 2) Why I Believe Liberals Exhibit Arrested Development

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/08/22 19:51:49
I agree - arrested development!
Nope, it goes *much* deeper than that
My hair is ... well, you know
(My sincere thanks to all those who read Version 1 of this tome of mine and commented on it! And a special thanks to the Liberals who commented, and helped provide me with enough material to create this updated version.)

Why I Believe Liberals Exhibit Arrested Development

There's a common belief that political Liberals just can't help being Liberals. I've come to agree with that belief, and to chalk up their behavior to "arrested development." It's my view that most Liberals' behavioral development has been arrested somewhere in the 8 - 12 year old range, give or take, depending on the particular trait being considered.

Why do I believe this? Well, when I look at the various views that Liberals hold, and the different ways they express themselves, there's one common trait across most or all of them: they're very child-like. By and large, Liberals never acknowledge the principles by which the adult world operates.

Fairness
Anyone who has kids knows what their single most common refrain is: "But that's not fair!"

And just as with kids, Liberals always seem to want everything to be "fair". If anyone has a nice house, then everyone should have a nice house. If anyone owns a cell phone, everyone should own a cell phone. If anyone has cable TV, everyone should have cable TV. There never seems to be any consideration of how rational the goal of "fairness" is.

To a Liberal, fair is fair - and that's that!

Mommy and Daddy
In the same way that children (especially younger children) accept at face value everything their parents say, Liberals accept everything their leaders say. They believe in their hearts that everything their leaders do is right. In other words, Liberals view their political leaders very much the way children view their Mommies and Daddies.

Likewise, Liberals tend to view everything their opponents say and do as "bad", regardless of their Liberal leaders saying and doing the exact same things! This can be explained by the tendency of children to like and dislike the same people their Mommies and Daddies do - the "bad" neighbor, the "mean" man, etc.

A great example is that when a Republican President taps foreign phone calls made by suspected terrorists, Liberals scream " it's the end of civil rights!" But when Daddy President murders suspected terrorists in cold blood without a trial, Liberals brag about it on bumper stickers, and consider it a winning campaign issue!

Childhood Rebellion
And as with children, Liberals exhibit rebellious childhood behavior, most often demonstrated by their acknowledgement that they love to be "edgy". This is exemplified mainly by the Liberal need to include the "f-word" - and other coarse, vulgar, gutter-level language - in the entertainment they produce and consume, as well as in their everyday speech. This language is usually used to elicit shock and revulsion in the other person, just as with children.

What clearer form of childish rebellion is there than engaging the naughty thrill of saying "dirty" words?

Lack of Historical Knowledge
Children lack perspective on events and issues because they have little knowledge of history. They don't have any choice, really, not having lived long enough to learn much about it!

On the other hand, Liberals have apparently consciously chosen not to learn history.

The quintessential example of this is Liberals' reaction to attacks on President Obama. "Racism!" they scream, completely ignorant of the fact that the last time a Liberal was in the White House he was attacked with equal, if not greater, intensity, even though he was white.

The World is Only What They Know
Most of us are familiar with how a child's world-view tends to include only those things they have personal knowledge of. For example, if they're young and have never seen a person in a wheelchair, they're prone to shout 'Mommy, why is that man riding in a funny chair?" at the most embarrassing moment.

And so it is with Liberals. Except Liberals have never seemed to learn that the real world is much bigger than themselves. Usually, if they don't know of someone who is a certain way, then they believe no one could possibly be that way. The corollary is that Liberals tend to believe that if they believe something, everyone must believe it (either that, or there's something terribly wrong with the ones who don't.)

For example, let's say someone says "Liberals think money grows on trees". A Liberal will often refute that by saying "That's wrong! I don't know any Liberal who thinks money grows on trees!", thereby acknowledging they don't recognize the world outside their own experience.

Another great example of this is the attitude of pro-abortion, female Liberals towards pro-life women.

Their attitude can be neatly summed up as "What the hell is wrong with you?" To the pro-abortion Liberal woman, it is simplyinconceivable that another woman would disagree on the issue of abortion. Any disagreement is almost always chalked up as some defect in the pro-life woman.

Money
We're all well aware of how children lack any sense of the value of money. To children, money is something that is just always "there". There's not yet an understanding that money, i.e. wealth, needs to be produced by someone, and will not just always "be there!"

And left to their own devices, children will spend whatever money they have, (and whatever they can borrow from others) like there's no tomorrow. This explains why the current administration can rack up more debt than all previous administrations combined with the full approval of its Liberal supporters!

Name-calling
All of us are surely aware that a disproportionately large part of children's communication consists of calling each other childish names! Well, sorry to say, it's likewise with Liberals.

It's my experience that in discussion, a significant percentage of Liberals will almost immediately resort to name-calling, usually after an (insincere) attempt at discussion.

The rest usually begin with some form of discussion. As the frustration mounts, they cycle through the other behaviors listed here, ultimately leading to name-calling.

No YOU are!
A behavior that usually goes hand-in-hand with name-calling is what I like to call "no YOU are!" If one child says to another "you're a poopy head", the other child tends to answer with "no YOU'RE a poopy head!" It's a little more subtle with Liberals, but not very.

For example, if you say to a Liberal "0bama incurred more debt than all previous Presidents combined", a Liberal will tend to say "No Bush did that!" If you should then say "You're not addressing the issue", the Liberal will tend to say "No YOU'RE not addressing the issue."

And sometimes, the Liberal whose development is arrested at the higher end of the age range will engage in this behavior by saying "Oh now you're projecting." My hunch is that they use this more "sophisticated" form because it helps them feel less childish about their behavior.

So in conclusion ... ;-)
So there you have it - why I believe Liberals suffer from arrested development.

If you've actually read this far, you have my sincere (and surprised) thanks, whether or not you agree with a single word!

And although I've spent all this time pointing out the similarities between Liberals and children, let's not forget the biggest differencebetween them. While it's difficult if not impossible to kick them out of the house before they're 18 years old, it will be a lot easier to kick out the Big Liberal in the White House even though it's only 4 years old!

I agree - arrested development!
    +9
    Sure looks like it. And Obama and others like him appeal to developmental arrest.

In fact, I suspect that homosexuality is a developmental arrest! Never getting over the yuck factor toward the opposite sex that is supposed to disappear when you're not a kid anymore.

• princess 2012/08/26 03:59:44
    I agree - arrested development!
    princess
  • DeborahLakeHelen 2012/08/25 01:38:14
    I agree - arrested development!
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    Their continued consumption of Spaghetti-O's has taken its toll.
  • RJ~PWCM... Deborah... 2012/08/25 04:19:38
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    lol! Goes great with grape juice!
  • Deborah... RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/25 18:55:01
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    Or the famous Kool-Aid! obama koolaid
  • Jack Sprat 2012/08/23 02:03:57 (edited)
    I agree - arrested development!
    Jack Sprat
    +2
    Actually it is also much deeper than that, It may well be that they are literally from the shallow end of the gene pool. Most liberals I know are for the most part shallow, vacuous and infantile, but it may well not be there fault, just their fault for staying that way. They tend to be atheists and for the most part latch on to that at about the age of puberty and rebellion, about 15, when their natural curiosity seems to take off, but unlike normal people, the 40% that are moderates and the 40% that are conservative, they get stuck in that pre/post pubescent mental and emotional time warp, perhaps the use of drugs or alcohol are contributing factors, used ostensibly out of "rebelling against "the man", man". There is nothing “pretty” about a 50 or 60 year old pre-teen or teen, I mean grow the F&&& Up.

"Researchers Find a 'Liberal Gene'
    ScienceDaily (Oct. 28, 2010) — Liberals may owe their political outlook partly to their genetic make-up, according to new research from the University of California, San Diego, and Harvard University. Ideology is affected not just by social factors, but also by a dopamine receptor gene called DRD4. The study's authors say this is the first research to identify a specific gene that predisposes people to certain political views

Appearing in the...

"Researchers Find a 'Liberal Gene'

Appearing in the latest edition of The Journal of Politics published by Cambridge University Press, the research focused on 2,000 subjects from The National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health. By matching genetic information with maps of the subjects' social networks, the researchers were able to show that people with a specific variant of the DRD4 gene were more likely to be liberal as adults, but only if they had an active social life in adolescence....."

rest of article....

http://www.sciencedaily.com/r...
  • RJ~PWCM... Jack Sprat 2012/08/23 02:49:47
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Interesting. So liberalism may be the result of a mutation!
  • Jack Sprat RJ~PWCM... 2012/08/23 02:59:10
    Jack Sprat
    +3
    Apparently, we do know that they all came from the primordial sludge pond through the door of the monkeymen, so it would figure and apparently have a higer incidents of AIDS.
  • Dwight PWCM 2012/08/22 21:04:54
    I agree - arrested development!
    Dwight PWCM
    +3
    I love that "poopy-head' bit. I had to break my kids of it, and they still bring some crap home from school.

I would add that what little history Liberals do learn is taught through a prism. Usually one tainted by Marx/Engles thinking. They are not taught how the world really works, but how some other Liberal Thinks it should work.
  • RJ~PWCM... Dwight ... 2012/08/22 21:30:22
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Yep. And the net result is the same - they hardly know any history at all!
  • Theresa 2012/08/22 20:53:13
    I agree - arrested development!
    Theresa
    +5
    As I have stated before the only ones who use Magical Thinking are children and Leftists. Leftists have been shown their method does not work. But instead of logically deciding to do something different. They choose not to believe the results and continue what they are doing. That is called insanity or Magical Thinking.
  • Zorkon Theresa 2012/08/22 21:59:37
    Zorkon
    +3
    It's also called Political Correctness.
  • ruthannhausman 2012/08/22 20:46:15
    I agree - arrested development!
    ruthannhausman
    +3
    Very well put and accurate. I totally agree with what you've said here.
  • RJ~PWCM... ruthann... 2012/08/22 21:30:37
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Thanks much!!
  • seadog6608PWCM 2012/08/22 20:10:45
  • Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩ 2012/08/22 20:06:04
    I agree - arrested development!
    Philo® ~PWCM~JLA ✩
    +5
    Yep, I reckon so. 'cept I'd say that the proggies & libtards are childISH, not child-like.
  • RJ~PWCM... Philo® ... 2012/08/22 20:12:35
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Yeah, good one!
    I agree - arrested development!
    +9

• Zorkon Temlako... 2012/08/22 21:58:48
    Zorkon
    +4
    EXCELLENT comment on homosexuality! BRAVO!
  • Deborah... Zorkon 2012/08/25 01:39:49
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +2
    Oh yeah!
  • RJ~PWCM... Temlako... 2012/08/22 22:55:07
    RJ~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    Could very well be.
  • Deborah... Temlako... 2012/08/25 01:39:33
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +2
    I believe you're right. I also believe that they all still suck their thumbs and carry a blankie.

2014/10/01 22:43:30