U.S.: Should America Go To War Against North Korea?

SodaHead News 2010/05/24 15:29:39
Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
No, let the South Koreans deal with it.
I think ...
After an international civilian-military investigation team announced there is strong evidence that proves that a South Korean warship was destroyed by a North Korean homing torpedo, chances for a larger conflict have increased. The incident killed 46 sailors in the country's worst military disaster since the Korean War.

North Korea quickly denounced the investigator’s findings, calling them lies and denied any involvement in the March 26, 2010 attack on the 1,220-ton-Cheonan. But North Korea was quick to warn that any retaliation would trigger a war.

“If the (South Korean) enemies try to deal any retaliation or punishment, or if they try sanctions or a strike on us … we will answer to this with all-out war,” Col. Pak In Ho of North Korea’s navy told broadcaster APTN.

Since the truce that ended the war between the two countries prevents South Korea from carrying out a military attack, a few options it could use would be joint military exercises with the U.S. as a show of force or U.N. Security Council actions to U.S. penalties.

According to the New York Times, at meeting this week with China, Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton pressed it to support measures against North Korea. But China has been skeptical of North Korea’s role and is reluctant to punish the North, with which it has close ties.

In her speech to the opening session, Mrs. Clinton cited Iran, and its nuclear ambitions, and North Korea as issues in which Beijing and Washington must find common cause. “Today, we face another serious challenge provoked by the sinking of the South Korean ship,” she said. “So we must work together, again, to address this challenge and advance our shared objectives of peace and stability.”

Read More: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/05/25/world/asia/25dip...

• Vic 2010/05/24 21:02:01
    I think ...
    Vic
    +15
    This never would have happened if George Bush was president. But North Korera has no fear of Obama the ass-kisser, nor does anybody else.

• simarpal kalsi 2013/01/25 00:20:14
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    simarpal kalsi
    i think usa and its allies should go to war with north korea because they problally are devoloping nova 6 bomb just kidding they are probably on there way to create an ICBM and probabbly alredy have created the ICBM neuclear warhead along with the multistage rocket . and if korea gets in a war then USA will have to go with them. i say its dangerous to let them carry on the neuclear program
  • caius m... simarpa... 2013/06/21 23:06:04
    caius madison
    Absolutely, the South are our allies, so if they move, so do we no questions asked. The North is run in a way that almost brings to mind Nazi Germany, except they are this way to their own people as well.
  • caius madison 2012/04/21 05:59:53
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    caius madison
    We are getting passive support from China to make it a wholesale slaughter. Know what the problem with the first Korean war was, we didnT kill em all the first time.(NK) As for the idiots who voted against fighting w/SK,they're our allies. We have an obligation to defend/side with them. That is as truthfull as as Jim Carrey in liar liar post birthday wish.
  • akinator 2011/11/24 19:44:02
    I think ...
    akinator
    I think north Korea is making a bomb or a nova 6 bomb and they will bomb U.S someday.
  • 15acarp... akinator 2011/12/19 01:35:12
    15acarpenter
    +1
    A nova 6 bomb come on this ain't black ops
  • USMCce 2011/10/12 05:31:26
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    USMCce
    +1
    I don't want to sit back and watch N. Korean Civilians suffer of brainwashing. I just watched a National Geographic "Inside North Korea". They are forced to have pictures of Kim Jong Ill in every room of their house. They blame every benefit or positive action on kim jong ill. They are brainwashed to praise him 24/7. They are excluded from the world and are most likely acting this way because of fear of kim jong ill. If they do anything to effect the leader of N. Korea negatively they will most likely be executed. Kim Jong Ill also starves the entire country. It's ridiculous and I think we (United States) should do something about this horrible country. This is worse than Iraq. Kim Jong Ill should be executed and these brainwashed citizens should be freed. I hope the U.S.A does something about this because North Korea is disgusting and needs to be handled properly. -God Bless America.-
  • Jim Moy USMCce 2013/03/31 20:24:11
    Jim Moy
    I'm skeptical that National Geographic is a truthful publication. I don't believe it is very balanced in it's reporting. I've caught them with many misleading comments lately and have decided what they publish is rubbish. I like their articles about Nature however. They should stay with that kind of reporting!
  • jimstewartjr 2011/04/13 19:29:29
    No, let the South Koreans deal with it.
    jimstewartjr
    +1
    No, let the South Koreans deal with it.
    Because: As long as they are going to follow a treaty that was already violated in their eyes then we are not going to fight their fight. And I don't support firing million dollar plus tomahawks at ANYONE. My policy is Nuke any enemy. If you are going to hit someone you hit them hard, war is not a game, you dont play. I say pull back out of Iraq, and libya and NUKE. If N. Korea screws with us then Nuke them too. No wasted time and money on the ground and air. You nuke Gadafi and don't worry about WHERE he's hiding! If the war isn't that important to you then don't do it.
  • akinator jimstew... 2011/11/24 19:33:40
    akinator
    +2
    That would be the worst idea ever because that would bring a world war 3 and a nuke war where most of the countries would be blown to pieces including parts of America
  • Jamie G... akinator 2011/12/24 07:35:29 (edited)
    Jamie Griffin
    I agree we can't just go in and turn these places into parking lots. If we do intend on doing something it has to be done in a way where there aren't thousands of deaths. In most of these countries these people have been brainwashed and taught to hate us. They fear for their lives. We don't need to scare them with brute force we need to teach them. We are not thugs and we have class. We know right from wrong. People learn more from trust than anything else. I mean of course I'm sure there will be some form of fighting but if we want to survive and keep the human race alive and moving we must work together.
  • shabba-... Jamie G... 2013/03/29 03:56:50
    shabba-lobba-dingdong
    I agree 100%. There's so many posts talking about "Americans" being bully's etc..... Most of us are sick of our sneaky govt and their lies and false flag operations so they have something to drill into people's heads while they deny the real reasons for wars etc. No they would take threats but..... They don't need to step into every pissing match there is just so they can justify the trillions of dollars they blow everytime something happens and wait 10+ yrs and declassify documents basically saying they lied and the citizens are the ones getting screwed while the 1%ers get even more rich.
  • Jim Moy shabba-... 2013/03/31 20:40:11
    Jim Moy
    You hit the nail on the head! We end up paying the cost due to inflation because they need to print money to finance wars! Not to mention the death of innocent people who are just pawns in this game.
  • Jim Moy Jamie G... 2013/03/31 20:28:50
    Jim Moy
    You sound like a good man! Hate is so evil no matter which side speaks it. We need peace and understanding through truthful negotiations! I believe both sides of this conflict are at fault and need to admit it before we can have peace!
  • adam.wa... jimstew... 2013/02/19 08:02:27
    adam.wallskog
    best comment i have seen about this. half of these people dont understand war cost money and the USA is broke from the last 10 plus years of war. if something is bad enough to go to war about then go all the way . then get out . and none of this rebuild stuff
  • carlos 2011/03/20 08:43:58
    No, let the South Koreans deal with it.
    carlos
    +1
    we are just starting to recover from the last war with iraq.We have enough to deal with here ,the vete's that fougth against korea in the last war are on the corns of streets asking for money becuz they came back so messed up that they turn to drugs losing everything an with little support from our system,an we can't even help them.We have our system that has cut back on programs that keep our kids off the streets an in school.thats all we need now is for them to see more blood sheed,its bad enough we have our own kids going to schools with aks an taking out there teachers and other kids over nothing.This country has to worry about us 1st whom we are in more need of help of all the money they are going to go spend to just prove a point so we dont look like pussys. i bet you'll wont feel the same after we get hit with a nuke and lose more love one .All thats going to happen is we are going to have all the countries that dont like us all in there busniess attack us at once.the us needs to stand down until we now that they want to attack us,cuz this whole police of world thing is going to bit us in the ass.The iraq war was all for the oil.
  • jimstew... carlos 2011/04/13 19:35:02
    jimstewartjr
    You said it, it will bite us in the ass. Stirrin up a hornets nest.
    I think we're pussies for going to war and NOT takin the oil "so we don't look motivated by greed."
    STUPID on our part.
  • silentwatcher 2011/02/06 04:39:52
    I think ...
    silentwatcher
    I think (the U.S., et al) need to keep the reins in on South Korea and China keep the reins tight on North Korea. We need to keep very good communications with China on this.

If war Korean war #2 breaks out,,,,it will be like a magnet, eventually pulling in many unwilling participants. No country wants them to 'go at it', it will be, subsequently, utterly devastating to all.
  • JessieSuarez 2011/01/16 09:05:02
    I think ...
    JessieSuarez
    I'm not to sure what america should, because if we go to war the then north korea is going to drop nuclears bombs and we'll go to war with china, and we would probly have to go nuclear to survive against them, but then again we might not have to because well have a lot more money and our economy will be so much better as soon as war is declared against china because most of our debt is to china, and that is why china is so rich........but if we dont go to war then well still be in debt and we'll look like wussy's at the same time.
  • jimstew... JessieS... 2011/04/13 19:37:38
    jimstewartjr
    Good strategy, blow up the creditors.
    But who will lend us credit then? HAhahahaha
  • Tank 2011/01/13 17:51:14 (edited)
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    Tank
    I believe that the U.S should go to korea there are many reasons why and why not but in my belief i think this would be a smart decsion i hate being threatend and all N.Korea is; is that they are a giant threat...... on june 26th 2011 i will be shipping off to basic for the Army Airborne Infantry i hope to see some action in the middle east or just as my dad had saw but if we go to korea and prove a point i dont think we will be threatend any more lets just take korea out and that should clear up many tensions between nations this could possibly end the war in the middle east as well, but anyways i dont care both the bastards need to be taught a lesson....
  • jimstew... Tank 2011/04/13 19:41:03
    jimstewartjr
    Don't think that it won't go Nuclear shortly after any war is waged with N korea. I would hope I was not on the ground at the time. And if the didn't go nuclear, they would after we started closing in on a victory.
  • dan barnett 2011/01/10 10:28:25
    I think ...
    dan barnett
    +1
    If the United States went to war with North Korea it is effectively declaring war on China. China has Interest in North Korea's stability and full scale destruction of the North Korean regime will have undesired consequences for China in the form of refugees and economic problems. Of course the United States can't go to war with China. China controls a large portion of the world economy and has one of the largest militaries in the world. Not to mention a very large quantity of nuclear weapons. The United States can't do anything.
  • drew dan bar... 2011/01/16 10:47:30
    drew
    Yeah but we have the worlds largest Navy,Airforce and the 2 largest army,even china was pissed at NK for the shit they pulled, I honestly think China would support the US because of all the cheap shit we buy from them, the NK is full of pussys which I doubt we'll ever fight because we both have Nukes and that makes numbers irrelvant
  • Alicia 2010/12/13 14:57:40
    No, let the South Koreans deal with it.
    Alicia
    +1
    Dont you think that America has been through enough with Iraq why should we put our troops through another war? We have been there once and they still have not learned their lesson . Why should the US be put back? Obama needs reinforcements with his decision and America needs to help him to make the decision not to. America doesnt need to loose more troops. We also dont have the money. Many americans are already struggling. Please dont let Americans suffer more than they are now!
  • Zachary... Alicia 2010/12/21 05:54:13
    ZacharySimoneII
    Obama is a retard, Americans suffer cause we made poor choices. But this is not going to stop if we let North Korea take stand and remove an ally off our list. Japan is willing to help South Korea and China is backing down if war does break out. North Korea is trying to prolong its time so they can fire nuclear weapons to our country. North Korea goal is not only to reclaim South Korea but also to get rid of Americans completely. Their pledge of their country speaks of Killing Americans. Not United Kingdom, Japan, etc.. Americans.
  • jimstew... Alicia 2011/04/13 19:48:23
    jimstewartjr
    As far as the money aspect goes, The bailouts are the bail of straw that broke the camels back.
    The wars, budget cuts or expenditures are a drop in the bucket in comparison. I agree its thier problem, they haven't even stood up for themselves yet.
    It would be interesting if we did a stupid show of power and then china did a show of power for NK.!
  • TheMarineSide 2010/12/09 07:13:32
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    TheMarineSide
    +1
    3 strikes and your out, we americans needed help back in the old days, we wouldnt exist if we didnt have allies, i say since they are allies, we go in and whoop it on good and hard, then bounce. Im a marine and i know i wouldnt take crap from anyone, im all about. The south Koreans need our help and they deserve it. semper fi
  • Eric 2010/12/08 06:42:48
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    Eric
    yes lets go
  • Alexei 2010/12/01 03:36:04
    I think ...
    Alexei
    +1
    North Korea won't be able to stand on it's feet in a war. If we involved ourselves and lent our technology and at least air force,we'd reduce the numbers of allies lost. Right now,North korea, weak and demoralized, Could in all likelihood fight off the South. We shouldn't support the war. We never should have run them into the ground with sanctions. Now it's like the starved raving mad dog that's always hated us,kept barking,and now is getting ready to bite. We shouldn't go to war unless they start something over there.Russia has no strategic need for the Pacific outside of a mere presence. China,via the latest in the wikileaks event,has responded on how it's removing itself from N. Korea. Why else would South Korea choose NOW of ALL TIMES to practice a military drill in disputed territory,and fire into north korean waters? The south is provoking a war. Now we know China won't stand up for N. Korea. That's all S. Korea needs to know. Whether it happens or not is still up in the air.
  • RayJ 2010/11/30 00:20:58
    I think ...
    RayJ
    I think Nk is going to do what Japan did and attack Sk when nobodys attention is on this topic. Though if they did attack we should go to to war because the war we are in now isn't a war against a country and when it was it only took us a couple of months to win. Now were just fighting off threats like terrorism. Anyway I believe if we did actually fight in this war it would start a WW3 because of NATO though China a strong allie of Nk would be they key to winning. Also you people need to think because Nk won't be easy they have a 1 million man and women army so this is actually serious then it seems.
  • Zachary... RayJ 2010/12/21 05:50:57
    ZacharySimoneII
    +2
    That is False... China has reported that they rather see a United Korea than a separated Korea even if its not a communist country. They are getting tired of North Korea crap and they know once they have nuclear power they won't be able to hold a leash on them. North Korea main goal to to remain South Korea to its last remaining man.
  • jimstew... RayJ 2011/04/13 19:56:07
    jimstewartjr
    NK would have to be NUKED right out of the gate to even up the numbers.
    That would make winning a lot easyer.
  • TheSide... jimstew... 2013/01/05 14:58:45
    TheSideOfMoral
    Dud nuking would make for a easy win but they would be killing everything there women children plus wear would you nuke them to close down and south Korea gets some of the fall out and what do you know we lose an ally .If we do go to war nukes need to be avoided at all costs, whos to say after nuking us they decide to take some of us with them NO NUKES
  • TheSide... TheSide... 2013/01/05 14:59:15
    TheSideOfMoral
    I Meant Dude at the top
  • duece51 2010/11/28 02:06:33
    Yes, we need to rein in North Korea.
    duece51
    I think it is time for the U.S. to be stronger (no more threats). If any country wants to act the ass, we need to rein on them. It should be like baseball, three strikes and your out! The U.S. is the most giving country in the world and we need to protect our allies. It does not matter what other countries think our even less what the totally useless U.N. thinks. The U.S. has the best military in the world with weapons that the public doe not even know about. It is time for the U.S. to give shit when a country talks shit!
  • Alexei duece51 2010/12/01 04:14:15
    Alexei
    We need allies. If we didn't fight for them,there wouldn't be an America. In cases like north Korea,we sanction them and in cases like Iran,we get our allies to do the same in order to starve them into autarky. And duece,our weapons are amazing,truly,but N. Korea is massive. IF we stay at sea and air we could reduce casualty-but a ground war?! I'm not so sure thermal counts for much when your surrounded 11:1. Or preds. Or gauss. Or whatever else you think your imagining.

Besides,we're pushing them,and we have been for some time. When Soviets collapsed, North Korea lost a lot of support. With China's support dwindling,S. korea is doing it's part in running this thing too. I know it's hard to believe America isn't the flawless moral compass of the world with Futuristic technology and needs only to answer to itself,and it never does anything wrong(Abu ghraib,every war since korea,innocent deaths in Iraq,only nation to use nuclear weaponry,we were born into this country fighting and betraying pacts with the indians...I won't go on...Needless to say,we're not perfect),but it's true. We're good to our own,but when it comes to humanity,we fail badly.

Not that you apparently care what others think with the UN remark.The "It's fine if they're not American,right?" is just wrong. If you d...

Not that you apparently care what others think with the UN remark.The "It's fine if they're not American,right?" is just wrong. If you don't get that,I don't know how to help you get it. We're American,yes. We're all people though,when you strip down our flags and pass through the language barrier. Value's,emotions,intellect-I'll be damned if a fool like you goes on like a walking talking bantering self indulging ultra nationalist.
  • Rottie911 Alexei 2010/12/19 04:28:33
    Rottie911
    Alexei you must be a liberal. See that's the problem with this country now. Our youth run-a-muck, everyones looking for a hand out, or be bi polar, on drugs and lazy. So the government will give you a hand out. I think the rest of the world thinks we are weak. It's time to kick ass and take names. It's what we need to get this country back to where we belong. Sometimes you have to sweat and bleed to appreciate what your country stands for.
    Many men gave their lives for this country, as well as for other countries freedom. Sometimes it's just the principle of the thing.
    My son is a USA Marine. I will support him for fighting for what he believes in.
    And another thing, lets pack up the fucking mexicans and send them back where they came from.
  • Kamilli... duece51 2010/12/04 18:10:49
    Kamillin4t0r
    sorry but china has the newer technology and weapons and bigger military these days i wish it wasn't true but it is they have more money so they can afford it
  • marineone duece51 2011/01/12 02:37:50
    marineone
    Another dumb ass shootin his mouth off. There alot of shit for brains in the US!!!!.....yes you ...Duece DICK
  • jimstew... duece51 2011/04/13 20:01:03
    jimstewartjr
    Well you might just want to use NUKEs to make it a quick and simple win.

2014/04/17 04:16:57