U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade

ImageBandit ~ American Patriot 2012/06/18 03:00:00

U.S. reverses stance on treaty to regulate arms trade WASHINGTON (Reuters)
- The United States reversed policy on Wednesday and said it would back
launching talks on a treaty to regulate arms sales as long as the talks
operated by consensus, a stance critics said gave every nation a veto.

The decision, announced in a statement released by the U.S. State Department, overturns the position of former President George W. Bush's administration, which had opposed such a treaty on the grounds that national controls were better.

On Wednesday Obama Took the First Major Step in a Plan to Ban All Firearms in the United States. The Obama
administration intends to force gun control and a complete ban on all
weapons for US citizens through the signing of international treaties
with foreign nations. By signing international treaties on gun control,
the Obama administration
can use the US State Department to bypass the normal legislative process
in Congress. Once the US Government signs these international treaties,
all US citizens will be subject to those gun laws created by foreign
governments. These are laws that have been developed and promoted by organizations such as the United Nations and individuals such as George Soros and Michael Bloomberg. The laws are designed and intended to lead to the complete ban and confiscation of all firearms.

The Obama
administration is attempting to use tactics and methods of gun control
that will inflict major damage to our 2nd Amendment before US citizens
even understand what has happened. Obama
can appear before the public and tell them that he does not intend to
pursue any legislation (in the United States) that will lead to new gun
control laws, while cloaked in secrecy, his Secretary of State, Hillary Clinton is committing the US to international treaties and foreign gun control laws. Does that mean Obama is telling the truth? What it means is that there will be no publicized
gun control debates in the media or votes in Congress. We will wake up
one morning and find that the United States has signed a treaty that
prohibits firearm and ammunition manufacturers from selling to the
public. We will wake up another morning and find that the US has signed a
treaty that prohibits any transfer of firearm ownership. And then, we
will wake up yet another morning and find that the US has signed a
treaty that requires US citizens to deliver any firearm they own to the
local government collection and destruction center or face imprisonment.

This is not a joke nor a false warning. As sure as government health care will be forced on us by the Obama administration through whatever means necessary, so will gun control.

Please forward this message to others who may be concerned about the direction in which our country is headed.

We are being led like a lamb to the slaughter (European Socialism / Obama Dictatorship).

Will we see this in the liberal media???

DON'T KEEP THIS - SEND IT OUT TO YOUR LIST

Read More: http://www.reuters.com/article/politicsNews/idUSTR...

• tlee 2012/06/18 03:18:28
    tlee
    +4
    And I would be willing to bet that Romney,Obama's brother from another mother would be in full support as he is just a pawn too. The 2 party system is a lie,America is sick from a cancer called progressivism that has encapsulated the fake 2 party BS. We need a doctor to give us the cure,Dr Ron Paul!.

• Rodney 2012/06/18 04:26:45
    Rodney
    +2
    Isn't this standard operating procedures for this anti-American pig?
  • ImageBa... Rodney 2012/06/18 04:42:15
  • ImageBa... Rodney 2012/06/18 16:30:34
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +2
    yep - people with guns are citizens - people with out guns are serfs
  • Rodney ImageBa... 2012/06/18 20:27:40
    Rodney
    +1
    LOL, let them try to find my stash. hehe
  • ImageBa... Rodney 2012/06/19 01:41:19
  • Zuggi 2012/06/18 03:32:44
    Zuggi
    +1
    First off: only the first paragraph came from Reuters.

Second, you appear not to understand how the Constitution works. A treaty does not override the Constitution. If it's illegal for Congress to pass a law banning guns, it's illegal for a treaty to do so.

Thirdly, the treaty doesn't involve domestic trade in guns at all. It regulates the sale of weapons abroad, something which is perfectly legal.
  • ImageBa... Zuggi 2012/06/18 03:37:38
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    so you deny they are trying to disarm us?
  • Zuggi ImageBa... 2012/06/18 03:39:30
    Zuggi
    +1
    Yes. No one is trying to disarm us. The gun control controversy is over. The NRA won.
  • ImageBa... Zuggi 2012/06/18 03:44:28
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    good
  • Lady Wh... Zuggi 2012/06/18 10:30:17
    THANK YOU!!!
  • Texan Zuggi 2012/07/12 14:21:58 (edited)
    Texan
    +1
    That is so incorrect, fellow Texan.
    If you look deeper...you will see plans, after it's signed...to repeal our 2nd Amendment.
    Then the battle will be on~!!
    The NRA has not won yet...and are asking for donations to fight it~
  • Zuggi Texan 2012/07/12 14:23:54
    Zuggi
    There are no plans to repeal the second amendment. The gun control battle is over; the NRA won.

The NRA is simply trying to scare up donations by making up fake threats to gun rights.

p.s. I'm pretty sure you don't want me to log into your email to see that message you linked.
  • Texan Zuggi 2012/07/12 15:02:39
    Texan
    Hey, I'm not a freak who would lure you into a website that would harm your computer, friend.
    I am though, a very concerned gun owning citizen.
    Please read this article about relealling our 2nd Amendment being a reality, after the US signs that treaty, OK?
    And tell me what you think:
    http://www.dickmorris.com/the...
    Even former UN Ambassador Bolton has said this on TV.
  • Zuggi Texan 2012/07/12 15:11:33
    Zuggi
    No, I wasn't claiming you were linking to malware or to a phishing site. It's just that you linked directly to your email, which no one else would be able to see without logging in as you.

Bolton is a tool. He's the neocon of all neocons, and should be ignored on principle.

On the subject of treaty vs Constitution, I only have to quote one sentence:

"This [Supreme] Court has regularly and uniformly recognized the supremacy of the Constitution over a treaty." - Reid v. Covert, October 1956, 354 U.S. 1, at pg 17.
  • loveala... Zuggi 2012/11/15 19:57:26
    lovealanbrown
    +2
    Interestingly, the two different approaches were set forth long ago by Speaker of the House Robert Winthrop, who declared:

Men, in a word, must necessarily be controlled by a power within them or by a power without them; either by the Word of God or by the strong arm of man; either by the Bible or by the bayonet. http://www.wallbuilders.com/l...

If you are so blinded to not see that government wants to control you, you should not be advising people. All gun control laws do is weaken lawful citizens. After all, criminals don't obey the law anyway so gun control laws are only there to take guns away from the private citizen. And if you really want to educate and advise people, Google "UN treaty for gun control" and educate yourself first.
  • Zuggi loveala... 2012/11/15 20:34:38
    Zuggi
    I have educated myself; I checked into what a treaty can and can't do, and what this treaty says it will do. A treaty can't override the Constitution, and this treaty explicitly exempts US gun owners from regulation under it.
  • loveala... Zuggi 2012/11/15 21:42:33
    lovealanbrown
    +3
    You poor blinded fool. All it takes is for the Senate to ratify it and it's international law. No votes in Congress, no vote from the people, only the Senate. And it is a treaty directed toward private gun ownership. Our 2nd amendment was great foresight by our Founding Fathers who knew there would be a day when we had to defend ourselves against tyranny. Obama and Hillary Clinton are using sneaky tactics to make owning firearms illegal. You are repeating lies and should stop immediately. Since when has Obama let a little document like the Constitution stop him from doing anything he wants by executive order? IE illegal immigrants, appointing czars, forcing Obamacare on us, etc. And let's just end the debate here..WE DO NOT NEED OTHER NATIONS MAKING LAWS FOR US CITIZENS!!! We have enough laws to deal with here.
  • Zuggi loveala... 2012/11/15 21:56:43
    Zuggi
    Yes, as the Constitution says, treaties are signed by the President and ratified by the Senate.

But like every other treaty the US has ever signed, if provisions of it or circumstances arising out of it violate the Constitution, the Constitution wins. There will be no registration or confiscation of guns; those actions would violate the Constitution. The fact that it's a treaty doesn't make it any more invulnerable to Constitutional challenge than any other law on the books.

You are repeating lies and should stop immediately.
  • loveala... Zuggi 2012/11/15 19:37:34
    lovealanbrown
    O boy, you sure are falling for a big lie. Don't be another conduit of big government lies telling people and advising people that this treaty will not affect us here in the US. This treaty has every intention of disarming lawful citizens who own firearms lawfully under the 2nd amendment. Congress has no vote in treaties, it's only required for the Senate to pass to become an international law.
  • Zuggi loveala... 2012/11/15 20:36:34
    Zuggi
    Which lie? That the courts have always held that the Constitution overrides treaties? Because it has.
  • loveala... Zuggi 2012/11/15 21:46:51
    lovealanbrown
    +1
    Yeah? And so we should trust the courts to uphold the Constitution considering they said Obamacare was constitutional? No. We do not need to weaken ourselves and our allies while our enemies continue arming and strengthening themselves. You need to get back to reality.
  • Zuggi loveala... 2012/11/15 21:57:39
    Zuggi
    So you don't have any real reason for fearing this treaty, just falsehoods and paranoia.

I see.
  • robinswebnest 2012/06/18 03:26:21
    robinswebnest
    +2
    First off, no, you will not see this in lame stream media. If by some strange chance, you do, it will be spun as a good thing. The little sheeple who do not think for themselves, will believe it....the majority of America WON't. But, that will only be good if they hear about it. I am done with this 3rd world mentality of obama and company. Listen up America, if you want to be forced to live in a 3rd would country, then by all means vote for obama. But, if you want and like your freedom, then don't.
  • ImageBa... robinsw... 2012/06/18 03:41:31
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    good thoughts
  • robinsw... ImageBa... 2012/06/19 02:37:44
    robinswebnest
    +1
    Thanks!! Hey, gueess what? I got a job....and I only had to move 2237 miles to get it...lol
  • ImageBa... robinsw... 2012/06/19 21:31:21
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    cool - so .... now you are in alaska?
  • robinsw... ImageBa... 2012/06/22 04:35:26
    robinswebnest
    HAHAHA well, no, not exactly. I am in Michigan. I am sure during the summer, I will think I am in Alaska. lol
  • ImageBa... robinsw... 2012/06/22 14:23:44
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    I was born and raised in michigan - or did I already tell you that? - so where was this job?
  • robinsw... ImageBa... 2012/06/23 00:59:04
    robinswebnest
    +1
    I am working for a company from India called HCL. Our division is called HCL America. We contract with companies to prepare their information departments (IT) for conversion. In this case, CE is in the process of sending their SAC, DOT and DC Ops offshore, to India. We are supposed to learn their process (in my case SAC) and then take it over by the end of July. Then by October, if we did our job, we turn it over to offshore team in India.
    The funny thing is, we have 6weeks to learn what they did in 1 1/2 years....going to be interesting. Not to mention hard.
    And no, I didn't know you were born in MI.
  • ImageBa... robinsw... 2012/06/23 04:42:10
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    yep in muskegon - and I grew up in marne, grand rapids and lansing
  • robinsw... ImageBa... 2012/06/24 00:07:31
    robinswebnest
    +1
    I have been to Lansing....and I know for disaster recovery we go to grand rapids.....small world
  • ImageBa... robinsw... 2012/06/24 22:49:27
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    yep - my son lives in GR and much of my family still lives there
  • tlee 2012/06/18 03:18:28
    tlee
    +4
  • ImageBa... tlee 2012/06/18 03:22:02
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    lets hope his sneak attack it successful
  • tlee ImageBa... 2012/06/18 03:38:34
    tlee
    +3
    It already has but the ABO crowd refuse to see it.Romney will continue the same BS the current puppet is doing who continued the BS from his predecessor. America,the Republic,and the Constitution is dead,over,gone!.
  • ImageBa... tlee 2012/06/18 03:45:34
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    romney is not a muslim and that is the real threat to america
  • tlee ImageBa... 2012/06/18 04:47:27
    tlee
    +2
    never said romney was muslim but the worst threat to America is our debt and Washington DC.
  • ImageBa... tlee 2012/06/18 16:31:43
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    +1
    obama is a muslim and they will engulf us like they promised
  • tlee ImageBa... 2012/06/18 16:38:38
    tlee
    +1
    Aim for just below the diaper on their heads when SHTF.
  • ImageBa... tlee 2012/06/18 17:09:08
    ImageBandit ~ American Patriot
    good plan - but the liberals are trying to get us to "let them live"

2014/09/01 19:30:19