US May Take Syrian Refugees: Should America Welcome 10,000s of Syrian Refugees?

Fef 2013/06/17 21:00:00
Related Topics: Syria
Germany has accepted 5,000 Syrian refugees. Should America accept tens of thousands of refugees from the Syrian civil war? Should America equally accept Syrian Muslim and Christian refugees? Or should America prioritize one religious group of refugees over another?

"Their view is that unless this involves big numbers, it's not worth doing," said a European official, who declined to be identified because of the sensitivity of the subject. "You need to be talking about tens of thousands of people."

"It was probably inevitable that in this crisis, with these overwhelming numbers, governments would start moving in this direction," said Lavinia Limon, chief executive officer of the U.S. Committee for Refugees and Immigrants, a Virginia-based advocacy and service group. "But there will be resistance."

Read More: http://joshuapundit.blogspot.com/2013/06/us-weighi...

• MisterOriginal 2013/07/13 05:52:50
    MisterOriginal
    America should quit meddling in Syria.
  • TooSweet 2013/06/27 01:28:52
    TooSweet
    That's just what we need,more people in America that hate Americans.
  • michael... TooSweet 2013/10/03 01:03:57 (edited)
    michael fairclough
    In its entire history syria has never attacked america
  • littlebuffalo55TBA 2013/06/21 18:00:37
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    No not unless they have a skill set that benefits the individuals and our society. Or in cases where they can be sponsored by family already here.
  • Dgjot~PWCM~JLA 2013/06/20 17:59:23
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    +2
    We have enough deadbeats sucking this country dry. We don't need to import any more.
  • Joe 2013/06/20 17:01:29 (edited)
    Joe
    +2
    10,000 hot Syrian girls yeah,woop woop put your hands up lol
  • Boyosemu 2013/06/20 16:21:05
    Boyosemu
    +3
    We should think about the common good of all people, if their lives are in danger then we should help. Do not go around calling them radical just because they are Muslim. We can't just think about ourselves, if we wish safety then we must take measures to protect us and the people whose lives are in danger. It is not just us in the world, there are many people who suffers and see this nations as hope. Are we going to be racist, stereotypical, and hateful and deny these people safety? I want people to hate this nation because we show them that we care, I don't want people to hate us for being snobs, hateful, and as an ignorant group of people. These people are at war with themselves and innocent people are caught in the cross hairs.. The statue of liberty perfectly states what the United States is about. "Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, the tempest-tossed, to me: I lift my lamp beside the golden door" it's sad that we allow our hateful hearts and selfishness to decide how we help people and WHO we help.
  • michael... Boyosemu 2013/06/21 03:43:44
    michael fairclough
    America is realy the most racist country in the world, it kinda makes me ashamed to be an american
  • Dgjot~P... michael... 2013/06/21 17:12:14
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    You are free to leave at any time.
  • fuzzy K... michael... 2013/06/21 18:02:18
    fuzzy Ken "In G*d We Trust"
    +3
    I'll chip in for a bus ticket for you to either Mexico or Canada.
  • Dgjot~P... fuzzy K... 2013/06/21 18:04:41 (edited)
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    I am so sorry Fuzzy K. I meant to reply to Michael. I too will chip in to buy him a bus ticket.
  • littleb... michael... 2013/06/21 18:14:54
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    bus to mexico

We'll even get you a seat right up front with the driver.
  • Boyosemu michael... 2013/06/23 02:14:43
    Boyosemu
    I understand how you are feeling, I mean this really hurts my pride and its not because of shame, it's because I know that we are better than this. We are not practicing what we preach and it's sad. I love America and it really hits me when we constantly fail to live up to our standards as a nation.
  • kAREN S... Boyosemu 2013/06/21 22:44:07
    kAREN SHORT
    We have not had leadership in this country for almost five years. The man that calls himself a president encourages racism. First thing Eric Holder did was let the black panther off of voter intimidation because they were black. Racism in this country is the worst I have seen it in my lifetime. Instead of creating jobs the Obama admin has only drove this country further into debt. We are broke. We do not have the money to provide housing, food, and healthcare to all these people. I want other countries to fear us because we are a powerful free country. Instead we appear weak and poor. You are living in a dream world.. We can not risk letting in not one more radical. Remember 911. These people strap bombs to themselves and their kids. Let China and Russia take them they have more money than us.
  • matt Boyosemu 2014/03/18 14:51:37
    matt
    +1
    You are right, it's not just us, you and me, but our children as well, THEY are our FIRST and ONLY responsibility! We should not be racist but we should definitely be discriminate. There is no logical good common sense reason to allow muslims into the country. The Statue of Liberty is not part of the constitution, and the constitution is not a suicide pact. Europe should likewise take note and do the same, let them go to middle eastern countries. I don't care if they hate us as long as my children are safe from their ideological lunacy. It is the height of political stupidity to genuflect before some left wing decree that we must take in the populace of every war torn 3rd world country every time they blow a gasket! We would never stop.
  • Major Mel 2013/06/20 14:27:00 (edited)
    Major Mel
    Absolutely NOT! That's just what we need (sarcasm) more Radical Muslims in the country!
    We already have the worst one in the Oval Orifice (misspell intentional!)
  • Idotgotit 2013/06/20 14:04:38
    Idotgotit
    +2
    All should be welcome anywhere, whom others persecute! REMEMBER “Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free” Maybe one day, I may just be a dreamer.
  • Lady Nemirstības 2013/06/20 13:56:40
    Lady Nemirstības
    +2
    Igen. What if it was the other way around? We may not want to get involved in war. But turning away people in need? Wrong.
  • Bureauc 0Bamao 2013/06/20 12:36:41
    Bureauc 0Bamao
    +2
    No, neun, zero, zip, zilch, nada!
  • Kim Possible 2013/06/20 07:06:47
    Kim Possible
    +2
    There's a lot of space in Canada and Russia....
  • Major Mel Kim Pos... 2013/06/20 14:28:44
    Major Mel
    +1
    How about Antarctica?
  • boognish989 2013/06/20 06:32:41
    boognish989
    +1
    of course not! america is a christian nation. turning away the needy and desperate, and refusing to make self sacrifice is exactly what jesus would do. plus, they are muslims, and muslims enemies of freedom and christianity. jesus would never expect us to love our enemies.
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/21 17:13:22
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    You are free to take all 10,000 into your own home and support them on your own dime.
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/21 17:28:31 (edited)
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/21 17:40:29
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    Leave Jesus out of this. Jesus had nothing. Also Jesus was able to feed the multitudes with a couple of fish and loaves of bread.

When you can feed the multitudes with a couple of fish and loaves of bread instead of putting people on the welfare tit, then you can talk.
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/21 18:00:09
    boognish989
    you can't call yourself a christian and be unwilling to help those who need help. according to the teachings of jesus, if you have 2 coats and you know of someone who has none, if you don't give him/her one of yours, you are doing wrong. i'm not saying that you can't decide not to help someone, but you can't call yourself a christian if you refuse to help. christianity is about more than just condemning people you feel are immoral.
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/21 18:06:58
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    You have NO CLUE as to how many people I've helped. And until you are willing to take strangers into your own home and support them as I have done for many years, you should STFU!
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/21 18:49:54
    boognish989
    how do you know i don't? you sound more and more 'christian' all the time.
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/22 04:28:20
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    I have no idea whether you've helped anyone or not. Good for you if you have. However you have no idea what a "Christian" is either.
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/22 05:17:25 (edited)
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/22 05:31:33 (edited)
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    Mark 14:7 (Jesus speaking) "For ye have the poor with you always, and whensoever ye will ye may do them good: but Me ye have not always."

Sounds more like an option than a commandment to me.
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/22 06:14:34
    boognish989
    well done. you found probably one of the few passages where you COULD interpret jesus as saying: "meh...help the poor if you want to, and don't help if you don't want to. it's all good." but you could only interpret it that way by pulling the passage out of context (something that christians accuse non-christians of doing all the time). a woman had just anointed his head with an expensive lotion and his disciples were complaining that the lotion could have been sold and the money given to the poor. jesus, knowing his time was short, was basically telling them that there was always going to be poor to help anytime they wanted, but that he wasn't always going to be there. sorry. jesus still thinks that if you have two coats, you have one too many.
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/22 17:18:00 (edited)
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    Yes I read the entire situation in it's context so I'm well aware of the woman and her perfume and the disciples complaining. His disciples sound a lot like people like you who are always in favor of helping the poor as long as the help comes out of someone elses pocket.

For an Athiest you sure think you know a lot about Jesus. Giving someone your extra coat may be the right thing to do but having two coats is not a sin either.
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/22 19:19:19
    boognish989
    atheists generally do know more about the bible than people who claim to follow its teachings. for many of us, me included, studying the bible is what lead us to unbelief.
  • Dgjot~P... boognis... 2013/06/22 21:07:19
    Dgjot~PWCM~JLA
    Then why should you care what "Christians" do or don't do?
    Worry about yourself and what you do or don't do.
  • boognis... Dgjot~P... 2013/06/22 23:41:30
    boognish989
    i care because mutually exclusive religious ideologies are what is going to destroy civilization if not enough people oppose their irrationality. look at the destruction that opposing ideologies caused in the middle ages. the only thing that's changed now is that both sides have nukes. even more scary is the belief of billions of people worldwide that a religious apocalypse is not only inevitable, it is something that they look forward to because it would fulfill what they believe must happen in order to bring about the rapture. when you consider that there is no evidence whatsoever that what any of you believe is true, i can't understand why more rational people don't actively oppose religious delusion. i believe that an armageddon-style war in the middle east is a worst case scenario; do you?
  • kenema boognis... 2013/06/29 02:55:30
    kenema
    you're a mess
  • boognis... kenema 2013/06/29 03:35:37
    boognish989
    thank you, doctor
  • littleb... boognis... 2013/06/21 17:56:42
    littlebuffalo55TBA
    You are aware that there are several million Syrian Christians?
  • boognis... littleb... 2013/06/21 18:02:35
    boognish989
    then they don't need help, they just have to pray.

2014/10/30 22:56:08