US Government declares martial law; What are you going to do?

DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist 2010/05/21 05:58:15
I'm going to stand up to tyranny- no matter what it takes.
I'm not sure it would be such a bad thing to have a global government.
I think you're crazy, you've been watching too many Alex Jones shows
I think you have point, but I am not prepared and I'm not sure I could stand up to government.
other
We have never in our history been closer to a socialist state than we are at the moment. Every day brings more shock to our already frayed nerves as we watch our freedoms once taken for granted crumble right before our eyes.
In my youth I never thought the day would come that I would experience anything like the Great Depression, yet here we are at the door, and according to experts like Peter Schiff of Euro Pacific Capital, Gerald Celente of The Trends Research Institute, and many others we haven't seen the real downfall yet. Experts everywhere warn of the devaluation of the dollar and hyperinflation in light of the recent travails of Greece, and look to Portugal, Ireland, Spain and Italy to see what will become of the Euro.

America now has in effect a future of Socialized Health care before us that was most definitely designed by hard core Socialists to lead to a single payer system, which will of course be controlled and doled out by government. But why is it suddenly so important for government to control every one's health care? There could have been so many other solutions to our health care problems than this extreme, and why didn't any Republicans offer any honest ideas that were for the true benefit of the people and not merely the corporations they bow to?

June of 2009 brought the probability of "Cap 'n Trade" which passed in Congress, an archaic back breaker of a tax to be levied on every single American created for the purpose of granting governments across the globe money and power beyond anything even imaginable and especially to a sovereign nation such as ours. There's talk again of it passing in the US Senate in spite of the debacle of damning emails made by CRU climatologists at East Anglia University that more than suggest global warming was nothing but a scam against the people of the world from the beginning.

There have been so many Acts, Bills, Laws and judicial decisions passed over the years to leave us helpless against big brother. Many of theses Acts, Laws, Bills and decisions are not even legal under the US Constitution . Many of the younger generations have actually been reared from grade school to fear the power held by our government institutions. The very fact that we have been raised from children to fear government is in and of itself more than enough evidence to show we are living under a tyrannical government and that is time to overturn the oppression.

Yet for the most part we go about our lives as though these things aren't really happening, maybe it's just too fantastic to believe. To do this we must reason that government is truly on our side and has no other motive than to protect and provide for us because; maybe they love us and in all reality most people couldn't figure out how to care for themselves without the wisdom of our "elected" officials. I mean what else could it possibly be that we would allow the IRS, the FDA, the EPA and any other government acronym you can name to strip us of our property, our inalienable rights, and the ability to make our own choices for ourselves? It couldn't be FEAR. Government isn't THAT good at intimidation.

We know we are at a cross roads, we know in our hearts that government doesn't care one iota about our health, education, property, personal financial standing, dietary needs or our freedoms any more than they care about the rights of enemy combatants or domestic terrorists. We know something could happen at any time; the dollar could go belly up, war with Iran, a new terrorist attack, an unforeseen deadly virus, a race riot, it could be any number of things. Many understand the pace at which we have been socialized since the turn of the 20th century, at hyper-speed including how we've been taught to fear everything since around the turn of the 21st. All this compounded with the enactment of the Patriot Act could not have been an accident. that Act has granted the U.S. government dictatorship style powers by suspending an Americans (not just Middle Easterners) inalienable rights to Habeas Corpus or the right to legal counsel in case of government suspicion or a national emergency. This kind of thing could not be further from the virtues that once made America famous and the "land of opportunity". It seems the only opportunity here anymore is for the criminals passing themselves off as elected officials and "leaders".

Because of these glaring discrepancies, We can be certain if things do not change in Washington in 2010 and even more so in 2012, we can say goodbye to America as we have always known it.

Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn, author of The Gulag Archipelago wrote this about his experiences with his countrymen in Communist Russia:

"And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward."
— Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn

Will you do the same when they declare a national emergency and come to take you and your family to a "safe place" at one of the many camps they already have prepared for the right event? Will you cower like Solzhenitsyn 's Russian counter-parts did? Is there any gumption left in the American soul, or are we so beaten down, so degraded by entertainment and propagandized news- sensationalism that we do not even care about basic freedom anymore. Are we merely satisfied to settle for whatever self gratification we like at the moment?
Do you love your freedom enough that you would fight to keep it?

I would like to think Americans will stand up and say NO when that day arrives, that Americans will band together in large groups in their respective areas for their own safety and strength.
What do you think you will you do? Waht are you doing right now to prepare?

• Roni 2010/05/21 20:39:18
    other
    Roni
    +5
    The way things are going, I don't think it will be too long before every American has to address this question.

My family and I are as prepared as possible, but many are not. Our preparation will, without a doubt, make us targets for those who will not prepare; those who cannot see the truth through all the little freebies our government seduces them with. Will I stand up to tyranny and anarchy to protect my family? Absolutely.

• Energene 2014/02/11 03:58:16
    Energene
    WE the people are by far the largest army in the world with an internet based command and control. One of the first things they will do is take down the internet and disrupt cell phones. I hope we can survive and prevail, you should have a plan. They have a serious potential attrition problem due to military resistance and our need to only kill one per armed citizen.
  • Roberto_Galvan 2012/12/20 03:43:25
    Roberto_Galvan
    I will fight and I will die before I see the nation I love transform itself into an imitation of a Middle East dictatorship. We are about one metaphorical inch from open revolt now; I don't know what event will eventually push us over the edge into revolution but I have a hunch that the time for such revolution is fast approaching. The opinion I get from my friends who have not yet awoken to the reality of the situation is something like, "What chance would you have against the U. S. military?" The answer of course is none. However, it is not all that clear cut if our military would obey illegal orders to open fire on their own countrymen, or to disarm them and herd them into internment camps. Moreover, whereas I wouyldn't stand a chance against our military several hundred thousand or a million others like me might have the effect of restoring this bastardized perversion of a republic to something more nearly like what our founders envisioned for us.
  • Arrogant 2010/06/07 21:39:00
    other
    Arrogant
    Take the American revolution.....lather, rinse, repeat.
  • Walt 2010/05/23 02:49:41
    other
    Walt
    +1
    I have had my rucksack packed for months now with a camp shovel, personal tent, water purifier, etc. and I listen to the news constantly to hear if what you're talking about is happening. That my home is in an extreme rural setting is an advantage for me, but I worry about my relatives who live in the city.
  • DG.= Po... Walt 2010/05/23 20:14:33
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    Smart Walt- you're gonna need them. I would suggest bringing your relatives out to your place when it happens- there's some safety in numbers.
  • Walt DG.= Po... 2010/05/23 20:17:31
    Walt
    +1
    That's something they're working on.
  • John "By God" American 2010/05/22 11:12:29 (edited)
    John "By God" American
    +3
    The problem as I see it is, you have a large quantity of people demanding security and safety and in the same breath, grumbling about the size of the government. They can't have it both ways. People need to quit being such whiny a**holes and grow a set, take care of themselves and their own and be a good neighbor. That's ALL the security you need. Big government is big government. Aleksandr I. Solzhenitsyn is dead on right. He lived it and people need to pay attention.
  • Rikki John "B... 2010/05/22 18:27:51
    Rikki
    +2
    Well stated! I agree 100%. We cannot trade liberty for government security.
  • proudtobeanAmerican 2010/05/22 03:52:09
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +2
    I will stand for my love for Jesus Christ and fight for freedom of this great nation "One nation under God..."
  • DG.= Po... proudto... 2010/05/22 03:56:56
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +2
    Me too Proud!! Good to hear form you friend, how have you been?
  • proudto... DG.= Po... 2010/05/22 04:15:56
    proudtobeanAmerican
    I'm better than good. Sunday is Pentecost. The Holy Spirit gives me many graces especially at this time of year. I'm being persecuted by the priest and deacon at my church. They are the ones with the problem. They will be exposed by the light of Jesus Christ, the Victor!
  • Rikki 2010/05/21 21:14:36
    Rikki
    +4
    I will not live under tyrrany. I will fight against it until I draw my very last breath.

Americans, we need to stand together and stand firm. We have one another and we have God. That is enough. We must stand for freedom, not just for ourselves but for the rest of the world.The USA is the last true bastion of freedom in the whole world. If we fail, so will the rest of the world.

We will be fighting for liberty while the opposition fights for ideology. Only one of these is worth your very life, and our enemies know this. We will prevail, we always do.

God Bless you all & God Bless America!
  • DG.= Po... Rikki 2010/05/22 00:56:49 (edited)
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +3
    Thank you Rikki! God is more than enough!
    It's like Wisdom itself spoke right through you on this one.
    I would have given you 10 raves for it if I could.
  • Rikki DG.= Po... 2010/05/22 18:25:42
    Rikki
    +1
    Thank you very much.
  • Roni 2010/05/21 20:39:18
    other
    Roni
    +5

• DG.= Po... Roni 2010/05/21 20:53:02
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +3
    Wise choice- Godspeed Roni.
  • Roni DG.= Po... 2010/05/21 21:36:53
    Roni
    +2
    To you too.
  • Louisa - Enemy of the State 2010/05/21 19:19:01
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    I will never bow to either obama or Islam and I will stand ready to fight in any way that I am able to serve. I have nothing to lose because I have four wonderful grandkids to carry on into the future. I will live on as long as a single cell of mine survives in any individual on the planet!

The problem that I see is that although we are all of one mind, we have no leaders. None whatsoever! Where are the Paul Revere's? The Nathan Hale's? The John Paul Jones's? It's like all of our representatives are mind controlled by the powerful obama!

I've never felt so vulnerable!
  • DG.= Po... Louisa ... 2010/05/21 20:57:45
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +2
    It's really something to behold isn't it?! We do have a few people in office that are pro freedom and liberty and anti-big gov., but not nearly enough.
    I do not believe we have free elections here anymore either, I am convinced the vote counting ballot boxes are rigged in many different ways, so I doubt we will ever get a large enough percentage of true patriots in offices in 2010 or 2012.
  • Louisa ... DG.= Po... 2010/05/21 23:05:19 (edited)
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +2
    I too am sure that ballot boxes are rigged. In fact, I have zero faith and trust in either this administration or our elected officials.

I am absolutely saddened and astounded by the turn that America has taken! Never did I ever imagine that it would come to this.
  • DG.= Po... Louisa ... 2010/05/22 01:00:18
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +2
    Me either! It's astounding!
    All we can do at this point is get ready for the revolution and pray God is on our side, like Rikki above has pointed out so eloquently.
  • proudto... Louisa ... 2010/05/22 03:56:39
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +3
    Never give up! Do not give into despair. Pray for the power of the Holy Spirit to protect us from all evil.
  • proudto... Louisa ... 2010/05/22 03:54:27
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +3
    They will emerge if and when the timing is right. Don't forget that Liberals are like cockroaches in the night. When the light exposes them, they scatter.
  • Louisa ... proudto... 2010/05/22 04:39:44
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +1
    I try to have faith but it's getting harder every day! Evil has a kind of power that is overwhelming and I will admit it's getting to me.
  • proudto... Louisa ... 2010/05/22 04:46:02
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +2
    Evil does have a kind of overwhelming power but not even close to the power of prayer and the God of our Fathers. Pray the rosary every day. One of the promises for praying the rosary daily is peace.
  • MarinerFH 2010/05/21 19:16:16
  • proudto... MarinerFH 2010/05/22 03:57:24
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +3
    He will be impeached!
  • MarinerFH proudto... 2010/05/22 03:59:35
  • proudto... MarinerFH 2010/05/22 04:16:56
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +2
    Come Jan. when 1/3 of the House are sent packing, there's a chance of impeachment, right?
  • MarinerFH proudto... 2010/05/22 06:59:27
  • texasred 2010/05/21 18:48:29
    texasred
    +4
    I don't want it to come to this, but I won't shirk my duty if it does. Hopefully, enough Patriots will help get the Progressives out in November and 0bama out in 2012. Then we will be able to slowly, but surely work on bringing this nation back to what is once was.
  • DG.= Po... texasred 2010/05/21 18:53:29
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +4
    It can't hurt to try, as long as we put the eagle eye on ALL (R & D) candidates we should come out with a few who care for this nation.
  • texasred DG.= Po... 2010/05/22 04:04:16
    texasred
    +2
    I'm praying!
  • Kane Fernau 2010/05/21 18:23:19
    Kane Fernau
    +5
    Live free or die!!!
  • USAF Vet Dan 2010/05/21 17:09:03
    USAF Vet Dan
    +5
    Things are going to get quite ugly.
  • DG.= Po... USAF Ve... 2010/05/21 17:53:29
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +4
    Anyone with an once of discernment should understand that, and should be getting together with their neighbors about how they will handle it when it does. The longer I live the more I see it is not a question of IF anymore.
  • proudto... USAF Ve... 2010/05/22 03:59:18
    proudtobeanAmerican
    +2
    Not necessarily. The elitists knew that this was the only window of opportunity to strike hard. They sluffed off their subtle grab for power and have shown their hand in their impatience. It's curtains for them!
  • USAF Ve... proudto... 2010/05/22 17:54:09
    USAF Vet Dan
    +1
    That invokes the question about the Elite - in particular, their ability to manipulate and, more importantly, accurately determine the People's response. IMHO, with all their money, power and resources, I think they have ascertained exactly what the response will be and must feel confident that they will prevail. That means they are prepared to go the distance.... a distance that will push good people to the fullest extent of their actions. Also, I believe the plan to destroy our Republic includes a most severe economic / monetary crash. That means many will starve. A hungry man is an angry man. Therefore, I think it's going to get quite ugly.

But I certainly hope you're right and I'm wrong. :-)
  • DG.= Po... USAF Ve... 2010/05/22 21:11:05
    DG.= Political Athiest = Anarchist
    +1
    I know Dan- Judging from what I've read about the>><< NWO>><<, and the astounding number of Democrats AND Republicans working "feverishly" toward it- what they've achieved- still need to achieve- and (will) achieve with the right "crisis", I KNOW you're right.
    There's not enough liberty minded candidates to even patch 5 holes in the bow, and we have about 100 that need immediate attention.

the country is falling apart and being systematically deconstructed by globalist politicians, global Corporatist's and international bank-sters all at once- there is no way to get around this catastrophic mess without some major ugliness (that's why they've had this damned patriot act). They are SO far ahead of the average American sheep- it's pathetic.

In a word, we're - SCREWED. Anyone who thinks other wise or still thinks there's an ounce of hope of going back to the way things used to be -or (ROTFLOL) "better"- is not living in reality- and anyone presently alive past the age of 30 and capable of being honest with themselves KNOWS this country has been nothing less than a pre-packaged, hybrid, homoginized, nanny state, fluff land for quite some time.

Wow - that sounds negative : ( !!!
  • USAF Ve... DG.= Po... 2010/05/23 03:59:07
    USAF Vet Dan
    +2
    //"that's why they've had this damned patriot act"

You are exactly correct!

//"Wow - that sounds negative"

"We are apt to shut our eyes against a painful truth... For my part, I am willing to know the whole truth; to know the worst; and to provide for it." ~ Patrick Henry

2014/09/20 16:01:58