U.S. Drops to 18th in Global Economic-Freedom Rankings: Are You Worried?

Fef 2012/09/21 19:00:00
The Fraser Institute report smacked U.S.A. down from 8th place a decade ago. Big government policies and a trend to more regulations by Washington, D.C. has dropped America out of the top 10.

The report blasts American policies in regard to freedom: The United States, long considered the standard bearer for economic freedom among large industrial nations, has experienced a substantial decline in economic freedom during the past decade.
WND.COM reports:
The United States has slipped to 18th in the world when it comes to economic freedom, according to an annual ranking of nations issued by the Fraser Institute.
wnd reports free press free people 1997

Read More: http://www.wnd.com/2012/09/u-s-drops-to-no-18-in-g...

• Fuzzysdad 2012/09/22 18:43:18
    Yes, I'm worried
    Fuzzysdad
    +1
    The collapse of the economy is close at hand
  • endthefed.soundmoney 2012/09/22 18:24:43
    Yes, I'm worried
    endthefed.soundmoney
    +1
    And Obama or Mitt don`t have a clue or don`t care much about it!
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/22 17:31:33
    Yes, I'm worried
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Let's see...we have a liberal government trying to change us into a completely socialist country and take away all freedom, yet 39% of the idiots say Obama is doing a good job on the economy. When we are at half the country living off the government, there is good cause to worry. If Obama succeeds, people like me will just give up and stop working too, then it will be 75% of the country living off the government, and we will all starve.
  • s2k 2012/09/22 17:15:36
    No, I'm not worried
    s2k
    +1
    I believe we will correct our course in November. If not, I still believe the majority of Americans are good people and willing to work hard. We'll be ok
  • COCO s2k 2012/09/22 18:56:28
    COCO
    +1
    I hope so.
  • Muver 2012/09/22 16:46:33
    Yes, I'm worried
    Muver
    +4
    If the current regime is left in place in Washington, we will be at ZERO in four more years...haven't enough business closed their doors here and moved to other countries, due to the overwhelming taxes, union, and mandates imposed on them,...I say, get rid of all of those things that have killed this economy and rebuild the country....
  • James 2012/09/22 16:38:21
    Yes, I'm worried
    James
    +4
    I don't worry for the American People because we are a hearty lot that will survive. What I worry about is the our government will wage more wars in the American populaces name in order to prop-up the dwindling influence of the Petrol backed dollar. The puppet regime may even decide to lock-up and exterminate mass amounts of Americas that the government views as un-necessary towards the running of our corrupt system. Please don't think it will not happen, our government has done it before and will do it again when possible. Thats what worries me.
  • Muver James 2012/09/22 16:50:44
    Muver
    +6
    The reading of Obamacare is like reading Meinkomph....After you reach a certain age,,,,
    you will just be screwed as far as health care goes,,,,and then, because you are old and on a fixed income, with very little limited income, you will be unable to purchase any insurance and then be thrown in jail because you can not meet the mandate set forth by this disgusting government....just the name Obamacare shows this man's arrogance and thinking about this country and it's citizens...
  • James Muver 2012/09/23 22:25:05
    James
    +1
    True. Proving that there is only one way out and that is revolution because Mitt the Twit is no better.
  • Muver James 2012/09/25 17:28:10
    Muver
    It's a mess alright...Better Mitt, who might be able to restore some dignity to the country...than to leave little Hitler in place...anything is better for the country and it's citizens than that...
  • James Muver 2012/09/27 04:35:03
    James
    +1
    There are other choices that the corporation owned parties don't want to see in the oval office. I personally will vote for Ron Paul yet almost anybody would be better than the two sides of the same coin that we have been offered. Neither Obama nor Mitt the twit are viable choices, choose either one and we will fail as a nation that is supposed to be free and slip into a fascist regime.
  • Muver James 2012/09/28 00:14:59
    Muver
    Fascist regime is more likely with Obummer tho...
  • James Muver 2012/09/28 01:40:47
    James
    +1
    Very true while a religious based classist oligarchy is a definitely the route the Mitt the Twit would take. I reiterate neither of these two are fit for public office. Both must go!
  • Muver James 2012/09/28 02:29:01
    Muver
    Well, we are stuck with these two, and Mitt is such a better choice in this case...Sadly, votes for others are just wasted, and should go to the better choice here, Mitt....regardless of what is thought about him...if he doesn't get the votes that are wasted on other lesser candidates, who have no chance, it really is a vote for Obama, since there are no votes to cancel out dems who would still be stupid enough to actually vote for this jerk...It is important that all votes go to Romney...If I was Ron Paul, or any of the others. I would throw my support and my votes all to Mitt...regardless....Not one of us who have a brain wants another four
    years of Obumbo..who will finally kill off this country...
  • James Muver 2012/09/28 23:40:14
    James
    I agree that Obama should not get another term even as a janitor. Yet I have to disagree that nothing can be done and that we are stuck with the two choices that have been placed in front of us.
    Take a close look at Iceland, and now Greece and Spain.
    These are not third world countries these are allies that have followed the U.S. into bad financial decision after bad financial decision. Now they are doing something we should have done a long time ago.
    Minimum wages Either way Cops are killers
    In view of just this tiny bit of information I will opt for plan C because I don't see any of this mess getting any better while the banks rule this country. They must get out of politics and be broken down and never allowed to be built that big again. Just like the corporations need the same. Not to mention the small fact that those polititions that have been bought by the corporations didn't even bother to try to hide their corruption except for one and Romney didn't care that he was caught he just denied the fact and said he refused to show his taxes. Then when they were hacked and exposed he still denied just like bill Clinton did when he was caught.
  • joe keeney 2012/09/22 16:34:04
    Yes, I'm worried
    joe keeney
    +1
    More bad news
  • Realistic 2012/09/22 16:17:25
    No, I'm not worried
    Realistic
    As it is written, so shall it be done......
  • HearMe~AFCL 2012/09/22 14:35:47
    Yes, I'm worried
    HearMe~AFCL
    +2
    If not, you should be!
  • socokid 2012/09/22 13:51:25
    No, I'm not worried
    socokid
    +2
    WorldNetDaily? You might as well post links from Mad Magazine, or the Onion. LOL...

Lastly, the only people that care about this today, are wealthy people like you, Fef. The rest of us (96% of us) stopped buying your sob story years ago. TRUE freedom is gained through less disparity, opportunity, not dying from health concerns, etc...

Moving on.... *eye roll*
  • beavith1 socokid 2012/09/22 19:49:46
    beavith1
    +2
    'from those to those,' huh?

how do you sleep at night?
  • john richardson 2012/09/22 13:47:21
    Yes, I'm worried
    john richardson
    +1
    Weimer anyone ?????
  • freethinker 2012/09/22 12:42:37
    Yes, I'm worried
    freethinker
    +4
    The Liar in chief dumbama Must Go!! He has gotten away with Sabotaging America! Gitmo for him and all his Thugs.....
  • Muver freethi... 2012/09/22 16:51:59
    Muver
    +2
    Must be why he wanted to close down Gitmo, fear of him and his bunch being sent there...
  • apachehellfire65 2012/09/22 12:38:09
    Yes, I'm worried
    apachehellfire65
    +4
    the country is dropping like a stone under this administration! and the liberals want to add more weight!
  • Aksana 2012/09/22 10:32:44
    Yes, I'm worried
    Aksana
  • MichaelJ 2012/09/22 10:30:41 (edited)
    Yes, I'm worried
    MichaelJ
    +4
    Of course I'm worried. As an American who loves my country, I will do what I can to help the country recover from this economic disaster. What I mean by that is that I vote for Romney / Ryan. However that isn't the only responsibility I have. I must do what I can to secure my family's future.

As the President is currently leading in the poles, there is at least a good chance he will be re-elected. That being the case, I am trying to liquidate as many of my assets as possible and buying gold. Myself and many people believe if the President is re-elected, the price of all commodities will rise, especially gold. As we have seen in the last few days, the fed printing money has caused gold prices to immediately rise by 1%.
    If the President is reelected many people, myself included believe gold prices will increase quickly to as much as 3000 per ounce. The downside of this is that if you wait until the election you will most likely miss most of this rise in price. I would urge a friend to buy as much now as possible. The continuation of the current policies will certainly see the strength of the dollar weaken, perhaps quickly and steeply. You owe it to your family to act before the November elections. There is NO better safe haven in a time like ours than gold. If the President i...

If the President is reelected many people, myself included believe gold prices will increase quickly to as much as 3000 per ounce. The downside of this is that if you wait until the election you will most likely miss most of this rise in price. I would urge a friend to buy as much now as possible. The continuation of the current policies will certainly see the strength of the dollar weaken, perhaps quickly and steeply. You owe it to your family to act before the November elections. There is NO better safe haven in a time like ours than gold. If the President is defeated, I don't believe gold prices will plummet so this minimises the potential for large losses and a win by the President is almost a guarantee of a significant profit. GOLD, buy it now!
  • Muver MichaelJ 2012/09/22 16:54:46
    Muver
    +3
    Totally agree, and have been planning along those lines as well....everyone in my family has a passport, even the youngest...it might, at any time, be the need to get the hell out of dodge...
  • thє вluє wαndєrєr 2012/09/22 10:28:25 (edited)
  • firozali a mulla 2012/09/22 07:47:50
    Yes, I'm worried
    firozali a mulla
    A deeply divided and unproductiveCongress wrapped up its final business before November's elections early on Saturday as the U.S. Senate passed a stopgap measure to fund federal programs and avoid an Oct. 1 government shutdown. The 62-30 vote on the funding bill, which now moves to President Barack Obama's desk to be signed into law, was delayed by days of partisan bickering over votes on unrelated measures aimed at boosting both Democrats' and Republicans' political fortunes. For the new fiscal year which begins on Oct. 1, the $524 billion measure slightly raises discretionary spending - which funds government agencies and everything from defense to national parks - from current levels. I thank you This is the story rest I have no idea I thank you Firozali A.Mulla DBA
  • lurx: the soda jerk 2012/09/22 07:27:03
    No, I'm not worried
    lurx: the soda jerk
    +1

I'm far more concerned by the fact that the US ranks number 43 in income inequality...

http://rankingamerica.wordpre...
  • Franklin lurx: t... 2012/09/22 13:30:18
    Franklin
    +2
    I see your a big fan of poverty and Oppression ...so tell me if its so bad why don't you move to one of those other countries that you think are so nice ?
  • lurx: t... Franklin 2012/09/22 16:43:08
    lurx: the soda jerk
    Actually our ranking on income inequality is far worse than many countries in the third world.
  • beavith1 lurx: t... 2012/09/22 19:52:52
    beavith1
    Frank's point is simple. if you think that its so great, go there.
  • lurx: t... beavith1 2012/09/22 19:55:15
    lurx: the soda jerk
    Go where?
  • beavith1 lurx: t... 2012/09/22 19:57:45
    beavith1
    any one of those countries where that disparity is better than here...
  • lurx: t... beavith1 2012/09/22 20:00:13
    lurx: the soda jerk
    Why should I?

...the Bush tax cuts, one of the driving forces of income disparity are set to expire soon.
  • beavith1 lurx: t... 2012/09/22 21:33:52
    beavith1
    +1
    the Bush tax cuts reduced every federal tax payers marginal rate by 10%.

how could that ever be considered 'driving force' except as someone who needs to make rhetorical 'hay?'

when they expire (and other ones fire up), we'll see the largest tax hike in history after 1/1/13. and CBO predicts the next recession by 3/13.

what's driving the disparity that you are so concerned about is the broken economy. its like a famine. the poor starve, the average suffer and the fat keep going.

cutting off 15# of fat from the rich guy and giving that useless fat to the starving poor, pisses off the rich guy and does nothing for the starving guy.
  • lurx: t... beavith1 2012/09/22 21:42:51 (edited)
    lurx: the soda jerk
    "how could that ever be considered 'driving force' except as someone who needs to make rhetorical 'hay?'"

driving force rhetorical hay

-----

"...CBO predicts the next recession by 3/13."

driving force rhetorical hay cbo predicts recession 313

Oddly enough the CBO says that it's the Bush tax cuts that are the largest factor driving today's deficits.
  • beavith1 lurx: t... 2012/09/23 05:51:28
    beavith1
    right...

recession and deficits are not the same thing. selective interpretation?
  • lurx: t... beavith1 2012/09/23 09:44:56
    lurx: the soda jerk
    " selective interpretation?"

Actually that sounds like an apt description of your characterization of the CBO report...

Budget Impasse Invites Recession Risk, Report Says

WASHINGTON — The Congressional Budget Office said Wednesday that the economic recovery would continue “at a modest pace” for the rest of the year, but that if Congress took no action to stave off tax increases and automatic budget cuts scheduled for Jan. 1, the economy could fall into a recession.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/0...

...the report seems to suggest that if automatic budget cuts take place that that would set the stage for a recession.

2014/11/24 20:28:30