U.S. Ambassador to Libya Killed in Rocket Attack: Should America Have Gotten Involved in Libya?

AdriHead 2012/09/12 18:08:31
Chris Stevens, who was the U.S. ambassador to Libya and an envoy during the revolution in the country, was killed, along with three others, in a rocket attack outside the American Consulate in Benghazi. U.S. officials have told The New York Times and CNN that the attack may have been planned by a group that "had either been waiting for an opportunity to exploit like the protests over the video or perhaps even generated the protests as a cover for their attack."

In a statement Wednesday morning condemning the attack, President Barack Obama referred to Stevens as "a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States." Stevens, 52, was the first U.S. ambassador killed in the line of duty since 1979.

NEWS.YAHOO.COM reports:
Chris Stevens, the U.S. ambassador to Libya killed along with three others in a rocket attack outside the American Consulate in Benghazi was "a courageous and exemplary representative of the United States," President Barack Obama said in his initial statement Wednesday condemning the attack.
obama initial statement wednesday condemning attack initial reports slain embassy

Read More: http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/chris-stevens-...

• Daryl 2012/09/12 18:23:45 (edited)
    Daryl
    +37
    I think some people forgot we already went to war in Libya when Obama violated the war powers act and sent the Navy to install the Muslim Brotherhood and kill Qadafi without congressional approval.

obama navy libya

How is Obama's bow-and-scrape foreign policy working out for us?

• Bob DiN Gothic ... 2012/09/14 15:47:27
    Bob DiN
    +1
    Yup I see your point but it's clouded. Obama stuck his nose into Libya, so now it's broke and we own it.
  • DOriginalDonald 2012/09/14 11:10:07
    DOriginalDonald
    +4
    They should have gotten involved in Iran instead #TheNuclearClockIsTicking
  • CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY 2012/09/14 10:41:48
    CUDDLY BUT STILL CRABBY
    +4
    Previous presidents would've been impeached.

Obama gets a pass. Always has. Always will.
  • JessDeCristo 2012/09/14 08:54:58
    JessDeCristo
    A lot of people have stated that the USA is noisy and likes to bully other countries. IF the security of this great country is at stake, hell yeah.
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/14 15:48:29
    Bob DiN
    +1
    You can clearly blame this one on Obama.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/15 11:43:57
    JessDeCristo
    Maybe, maybe not. this is the last thing he would had want in the middle of a presidential campaign.
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/15 13:17:33
    Bob DiN
    True he blew the time span. However he's still to blame. It's another example of how inept he is.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/15 14:02:23
    JessDeCristo
    What I can understand , specially coming from the republican party, why don't they bring out the birth certificate issue , the one he came out with has been proven is a fake. this gu was never even entitled to seek this office
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/15 23:09:22
    Bob DiN
    Good question. There is a lot of fishy about Obama's BC. I know Zullo and he's a top investigator. I think there isn't any judges with th guts to rule by the evidence. From what I've seen Obama my not even be a citizen at all let alone a natural citizen. If so he is not even eligible to vote at all, forget run for office. Sadly politics has even corrupted our judicial system.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/15 23:54:11
    JessDeCristo
    man, if that's the case , no judges with balls, it suuuucks. If it were you or me they would send us up the river for spitting on the street. You are quiet rigth, corruption is the base of politics. have you ever wonder real honest people never make it as succesful polititians like Ralph Nader ?
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/16 00:54:14
    Bob DiN
    If I learned anything in my 30 years in law enforcement, it's our courts are not the best place if you are looking for justice. Judges are too political and corrupt for real justice. As for Ralph Nader he did raise many good points but had some bad ones also. Nobody who will upset the apple cart gets far. People for reform get lied on and berated by the current system. Right now I'd say our best hope is Mitt Romney. He was't my first choice but the is no such thing as the perfect candidate. One thing I'm convinced of is he will improve the jobs and economy problem. I also say he will improve the national defict and devalued US Dollar. Now we have big problems in Libya and the Middle East. Who knows where that will lead , not anything good for sure. In any case Mitt will be a large improvement over Obama. However there are so many problems in this country it's mind boogeling. It makes you wonder how did we get into such a mess.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/16 01:14:06
    JessDeCristo
    I'm with you 100%, personally I wish it were John McCaine , but at thispoint, I'll take what I can get.
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/16 01:51:16
    Bob DiN
    McCain would have been better than Obama, and so would have been thousands of other people.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/16 14:25:35
    JessDeCristo
    yep, including you and me.
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/16 17:51:52
    Bob DiN
    Agreed! My goldfish also.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/16 18:08:43
    JessDeCristo
    I would hate the idea of feeling the little thing swimming inside my belly too
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/16 18:37:21
    Bob DiN
    Goldfish are for looking not eating.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/16 20:38:57
    JessDeCristo
    You're rigth, I used to have a rather large and deep aquarium, with the ruins of The Lost city of Atlantis, they looked pretty cool, but they were expensive, that's an expensive hobby.
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/16 22:55:10
    Bob DiN
    Nice.
  • JessDeC... Bob DiN 2012/09/17 00:36:18
    JessDeCristo
    Thanks.
  • Bob DiN JessDeC... 2012/09/17 04:33:57
    Bob DiN
    Your welcome.
  • MaryValdezJordan 2012/09/14 08:35:33
    MaryValdezJordan
    +3
    Well, if that was my son who was killed, damn bet I would expect the US government involved......kicking ass!
  • ivegotloveinmypants 2012/09/14 08:22:20
    ivegotloveinmypants
    +5
    Absolutely NOT. Think of all America could have done with the money for their own country, that they have wasted policing other people's countries, who originally had nothing to do with them.
    Greed is costing American lives over there, and I fear more may be killed if they don't come to their senses. RIP to the ambassadors killed.
  • Ian ivegotl... 2012/09/14 08:32:35
    Ian
    Thanks for "liking" my post below. Interesting that you disagree with me totally, at least, based on your response above.
  • ivegotl... Ian 2012/09/14 14:15:29
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Promoting democracy IS good, but with the Americans, there have been ulterior motives on mnay occasions- in not ALL countries, but especially in the middle East and North Africa where there is oil. If they want to protect it- then fine. But don't go bombing for oil.
  • Deep007 ivegotl... 2012/09/14 16:13:48
    Deep007
    +1
    what out for these Liberals.. they are lying thieving haters of REAL people.. they promote an ideology ONLY..
    people..especially blacks, are ONLY collateral damage to gain their goal
  • ivegotl... Deep007 2012/09/20 09:14:56
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Oh wait! Sorry! You meant blacks are damage to gain the LIBERALS goal! Right! Ignore my last comment! I still find it funny how you asume I am a Liberal.
  • Deep007 ivegotl... 2012/09/21 17:37:28
    Deep007
    it appears so by your words.. it is the only way that i know you,,,correct???
    You do back Obummer.. and ONLY a Liberal could do that... lol
  • ivegotl... Deep007 2012/09/26 17:12:28
    ivegotloveinmypants
    I back Obama?
    1- I am not an American.
    2- I am an Independent.
  • Deep007 ivegotl... 2012/09/26 17:47:38
    Deep007
    +1
    Nope... You are NOT an American.... And you don't like America or Americans very much... More akin to hate than love....
    You are a liberal.. A socialist.... You are NOT an independent... That is a lie....
    Which is par for the course for socialist/communists....
    Your fault lies in your resentful reaction that opens the door to every sort of behavior or ideology. Sadly, you will be loath to be aware that your thoughts and your loyalties are not your own. This sort of conditioning began in your early childhood with impatient and demeaning parents and was perpetuated by school colleges and a corrupt media. Any individual or groups that can intimidate you and open the door to your mind can own you individually or collectively as a nation. Consequently, many will fight against their own country thinking that they are Americans when they are really communists. Of course, you could become an angry overreacting rebel, but then you would look as though you were crazy and so be no threat to the system.
  • ivegotl... Deep007 2012/09/26 18:01:49
    ivegotloveinmypants
    This is such a detailed rant, I have to rave it.
  • Deep007 ivegotl... 2012/09/28 17:39:31
    Deep007
    lol...
    yer nutz
  • Red Branch ivegotl... 2012/09/15 01:47:12
    Red Branch
    We have not bombed for oil. We were not using Libyan oil.
    We did not gain oil out of Iraq and that war had nothing to do with oil.
  • ivegotl... Red Branch 2012/09/20 09:13:34
    ivegotloveinmypants
    Oh dear. Politicans don't tell you much in America, do they?
  • Ian ivegotl... 2012/09/17 15:56:04
    Ian
    +1
    I understand the sentiment. However, I'm still praying for democracy and human rights to break out all over the world, especially in my own country.
  • Deep007 ivegotl... 2012/09/14 16:10:49 (edited)
    Deep007
    +1
    I am agreeing with you.. wtf is going on here???... lol
  • Ian 2012/09/14 08:00:07
    Ian
    +2
    It's good to promote democracy. There are many good and decent Libyan people who are not murderous fanatics.

Oh, and to those murderous fanatics: you stupid idiots, you're just making more people fanatically hate Islam irrationally by your actions!
  • Annie~P... Ian 2012/09/14 09:18:48 (edited)
    Annie~Pro American~Pro Israel
    +3
    So, let the good Libyans fight their own battles.
  • Ian Annie~P... 2012/09/17 15:57:12
    Ian
    Sure, there are good Libyans (as well as good citizen-of-any-other-country). Sometimes we need help because there are powerful evil governments.
  • ☆astac☆... Ian 2012/09/14 13:03:04
    ☆astac☆~PWCM
    +2
    You really do not understand what happened. obama had the radicals topple two pro western governments, and had them replaced with people that hate and despise the west, and are going to enslave the people in their country to sharia law. obama screwed this up for America and the west. It was never about democracy

2014/10/26 07:47:53