Undecided Voters More Likely to Be Influenced by Social Media: Scary or So What?

Fef 2012/09/18 22:00:00
Yikes! America's republic gets boiled down to a tweet or status update... "Dude, how should I vote? (Tell me in 140 chars or less.)" Wake up America! Do some research before you decide the fate of the free world. 

AYTM.COM reports:
A recent study shows that social media has a big influence on Americans' decision to vote. What do they have to say about voting influence?
reports study social media influence americans decision vote voting influence

Read More: http://aytm.com/blog/daily-survey-results/voting-i...

• Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL 2012/09/20 00:45:50
    Scary
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +21
    I really do not think there are any undecided voters. Everything is pretty much in place for the election. The debates are pure and simply entertainment and watch who trips. Undecided will probably not show up. Independent voters will and they are not all about Obama . Just look at the middle east on fire while he is late night TV attention. Hard to believe that the middle east has that many American flags to burn. Think about it

• cheshirewayne 2012/09/20 01:41:40
    Scary
    cheshirewayne
    +1
    Lots of sound bites, very few facts.
    Scary
    +7
    I was never undecided. The things coming out now about Barack Obama, I knew instinctively.

• Nomie Temlako... 2012/09/20 07:54:19
    Nomie
    +1
    So did I. I have not been surprised by anything he has done, except maybe the homosexual part. I could see straight through to his evil heart. His eyes show it all. He is smirking at us even in his sleep.
  • freedom 2012/09/20 01:33:50
    So What?
    freedom
    +2
    Social media most certainly beats the mainstream television media.
  • Always Right 2012/09/20 01:32:01
    Scary
    Always Right
    +3
    I say if they are undecided now, maybe they should decide to stay at home, because they are sadly uninformed and/or not living the the real American economy!
  • Pistol Pete 2012/09/20 01:31:38 (edited)
    Scary
    Pistol Pete
    +4
    Shows the DUMBING DOWN OF AMERICA is nearly complete!
    Again, Yahoo is Bleeding heart Liberal stance is depressing. Fact is, the MAJORITY of Voters are affected by Social Media. Why do you think that the candidate who spends the most money advertising on TV, Radio and Print ALWAYS wins elections? People in general are sheep, attracted to shiny objects. If YOU have not made an opinion on Barack Obama or Mitt Romney after all this time, then you should not vote! Forget ads and Social Media.
  • NPC 2012/09/20 01:27:45
    So What?
    NPC
    +5
    There are really only a few issues that all voters should be concerned about. The JOBS and ECONOMY are the main two. Barack has failed on both. 23 Million unemployed and the Economy is going in reverse now. 1% or 2% growth is stagnation and not keeping up with inflation here. The other factors are that Barack and his regime are dangerously close to allowing this nation to have another lower credit rating again. Besides, even new college grads may not know that Barack is not competent. 4 years later and we have not recovered from pre-2007 housing numbers, 11 Milion more homes are in 90 day default danger of being foreclosed and Barack has not a clue what to do about it ! Barack's WH advisers are mostly in the dark and the previou Academia Economic advisers stimulated and bailed out corporations that still have not paid back their Taxpayer monies. The only persons that have benefitted from all this are Democrat donors, Democrat Union workers and mostly other Union based public sector workers. THE PRIVATE SECTOR TAXPAYERS ARE FED UP WITH THIS CRAP !
  • PoliticalSanity 2012/09/20 01:17:57
    So What?
    PoliticalSanity
    Probably better to trust your friends than mainstream media.

I wonder how many caught that you wrote S-O-C-I-A-L media, not media in general. We're talking Facebook, Twitter, et al. here, not cable news networks, magazines, newspapers, and the like.
  • Nomie Politic... 2012/09/20 07:58:43
    Nomie
    Of course that is what Pistol Pete was referring to. Word of mouth makes a lot of sense in most other things. Though if it really worked regarding elections, why the h--- didn't we rise up and get him out. If we ever needed a little mayhem it was to keep him out of the White House.
  • Politic... Nomie 2012/09/20 13:16:06
    PoliticalSanity
    Maybe the "undecideds" elected him. He campaigns effectively but is a lousy President.
  • johnjr Politic... 2012/09/22 23:02:22 (edited)
  • FeedFwd ~POTL 2012/09/20 01:17:21 (edited)
    So What?
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +1
    It would be scary if it meant people were previously voting based on research. Maybe 140 characters can be more illuminating than leaving the vote to be made based on who has the best looking hair. :(
  • abubincrazy 2012/09/20 01:10:38 (edited)
    Scary
    abubincrazy
    +10
    I am not surprised that young people don't know who to believe when it comes to politics.

That's why the socialists target them in schools and universities.

It's even scarier to think that as little as a tweet could sway some empty-head to make such a big decision as whom should be president.
    Scary
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    +21
  • FeedFwd... Nancy~P... 2012/09/20 01:15:51
    FeedFwd ~POTL
    +3
    That and ratings for the networks! ;)
  • Informe... Nancy~P... 2012/09/20 08:33:31
    Informed Voter
    +2
    Obama's own words are enough to sink his campaign, yet DNC-TV continue to prop up his rhetoric.

So long as "social" media reports HONESTLY about Obama. Oh, like say, using his own words, the so-called undecideds might get a clue.

Tone, Truth, and the Democratic Party
    by Barack Obama for Daily Kos

Fri Sep 30, 2005 at 07:38 AM PDT

“According to the storyline that drives many advocacy groups and Democratic activists - a storyline often reflected in comments on this blog - we are up against a sharply partisan, radically conservative, take-no-prisoners Republican party. They have beaten us twice by energizing their base with red meat rhetoric and single-minded devotion and discipline to their agenda. In order to beat them, it is necessary for Democrats to get some backbone, give as good as they get, brook no compromise, drive out Democrats who are interested in "appeasing" the right wing, and enforce a more clearly progressive agenda. The country, finally knowing what we stand for and seeing a sharp contrast, will rally to our side and thereby usher in a new progressive era.” – Senator Barack Obama,
    ref: http://www.dailykos.com/story...
  • gerald.... Informe... 2012/09/21 06:43:57
    gerald.rice
    +1
    i don't get where the problem is with this statement. He believes, as do a lot of hard working Americans that this country is broken. That it has been for a while now. He has an Ideology, and from what i read, it has more to do with the 1912 AMERICAN version than the German Hitler Version.
    I have personally said all along that Obama should get tougher with his the opposition he meets in congress. Maybe he should yell,"I'M THE DECIDER!" a few times.
    I only really wish that he would expose the stonewallers(I know that's not a word.) in Congress. I wish he would stop worrying about the undertones of his statements about "those in congress who's sole purpose is to see (him) fail."
    I know that some of you have a hard time believing it, but i think he's been too much of a gentleman.
  • Informe... gerald.... 2012/09/21 19:51:35
    Informed Voter
    His (the Democrat, progressive, whatever...) agenda is NOT anything related to the Constitution, I promise you!

THAT is why he and every single Democrat MUST be defeated in EVERY election from now on!

Read his statement again... then read the constitution.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/co...

NOW, please show us exactly WHERE the so-called "progressive" agenda may be found?

I certainly can... and it's not in our Constutution... it's here:

http://www.marxistsfr.org/arc...

And WHO do you think supports the Democrats against the Conservatives?

Communists... and from their very own manifesto:

"...the Communists ally with the Social-Democrats against the conservative and radical bourgeoisie."
    Source: http://www.marxists.org/archi...
  • explore... Nancy~P... 2012/09/20 11:52:28
    explorer1618
    It is your opinion and it's well said ! Thank You Republicans for a gift that keeps on giving ! I can not wait for another well spoken statement ---- LOL !
  • gerald.... Nancy~P... 2012/09/20 23:10:43
    gerald.rice
    +1
    i suppose you want him to actually fly there and squelch all the madness. LET"S BE REAL for a minute. the middle east has been on fire since i could first read a newspaper(the seventies). I say we pull the troops. figure out how we can become less dependent on the only thing that makes us give a damn(oil). and let them sort it all out themselves.
    And by the way, this so hypocritical. If he had went over there, you would be saying something about how him being there proves that he cares nothing about the U.S and our problems here.
    If he cloned himself and was in both places, then you'd say that one of him wasn't born here.
    And lets not forget our role in the mid east during the Reagan era.
    I know I read somewhere that we were responsible for BinLaden's rise. Which means that at some point we were guilty of contributing to the destabilization of that region.
    Those people over there that died this week had nothing to do with Obama's foreign policy.
    But you got people on here that claim that the middle east hates Obama.
    so if that's the case, why would he go?
    Look if you don't wanna vote for the man, that's fine. But it feels like you are looking for a reason to break up with your mate instead of just saying, i want someone new. You will eventually get that new someone, but in three...
    so if that's the case, why would he go?
    Look if you don't wanna vote for the man, that's fine. But it feels like you are looking for a reason to break up with your mate instead of just saying, i want someone new. You will eventually get that new someone, but in three years you'll hate them too. That's how Obama got elected in the first place. It wasn't cause he's black or even the best qualified for the job. it was plain and simple cause "W" f'd it up for ANY Republican.
    AND by the way, those flags are probably made in China. That would make them pretty easy to get.
  • Nancy~P... gerald.... 2012/09/20 23:18:22 (edited)
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    Your words couldn't be further from the truth. I am an Independent voter and had higher hopes for Obama
  • gerald.... Nancy~P... 2012/09/20 23:28:54
    gerald.rice
    i did too. But i understand how politics in D.C. works.
    Open your mind a little. Ask yourself how it is that Romney will create 12 million jobs when has a reputation for being an astute business man. They create jobs when only absolutely necessary to their business.
    Why is it that every poor working person i know complains about doing the job of two or three?
    Do some digging. I have my suspicions. if these 12 million jobs show up, it only proves collusion.
  • Nancy~P... gerald.... 2012/09/21 00:14:19
    Nancy~PWCM~JLA~POTL
    BO is the colision course. I have lost my faith in this socialist transformation perhaps you should look further into what I am thinking and experienceing instead of trying to change my view. My Independent vote is for Romney at this point. Yours should change too when you look at the turmoil around the world and his lack of true concern. I ask the same. open your mind. Obama is destroyiing our idealogy . You need to do as you asked of me
  • CAPISCE 2012/09/20 00:45:02
    Scary
    CAPISCE
    +9
    Hell no ed shultz
  • McCate 2012/09/20 00:23:45
  • CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle 2012/09/19 23:58:05
    So What?
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    +1
    So what, Better than billionaires influencing it.
  • CAPISCE CHUCK -... 2012/09/20 00:46:08
    CAPISCE
    +2
    Those damn Rich people---they should pay for all the poor peoples needs
  • Pedro D... CHUCK -... 2012/09/20 04:01:03
  • Dave 2012/09/19 23:30:17
    Scary
    Dave
    +6
    So instead of due diligence you'll settle for advice from Eva Longhoria ?
  • CAPISCE Dave 2012/09/20 00:45:27
  • George The Greek 2012/09/19 23:00:57
    Scary
    George The Greek
    +1
    I think all people should have the freedom to choose who we want as president, I don't like the fact that only 2 parties are on the ballot. What happen to the others? Dem/Rep thats all? you kidding me? That is so weak sauce
  • WWZ Captain 2012/09/19 22:36:04
    Scary
    WWZ Captain
    +2
    You're going to make a decision this important, based of what a stranger on a computer says ? Really ? You're gonna' have your decision influenced by THIS GUY ?!?!? fat computer nerd
  • CHUCK -... WWZ Cap... 2012/09/19 23:59:43
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    How about a billionaire buying the election? Like maybe Trump!
  • 56lady☆... CHUCK -... 2012/09/20 01:22:13
    56lady☆POTL JLA BTO-t- BCRA-F's
    +9
    you mean soros . . . right !?!?

george soros puppet
  • ♥N A♥ 2012/09/19 22:08:09
    Scary
    ♥N A♥
    +7
    If they are watching anyone other than FOX News
  • MR. ♥N A♥ 2012/09/21 10:53:07
    MR.
    Nope! LSM liars don't help me digest my evening meal smoothly, ug! *(Honey, bring the Malox please, I'm hearing another load of,.... Ahh, much better! "Caution, your in the no spin zone, America!" Yea! *Bill O'Reilly, he makes it "all better" now! Mmmm.)
  • MR. 2012/09/19 21:49:39 (edited)
    Scary
    MR.
    +1
    *[Next caller please!] "Should I go to next months office "Halloween Party" dressed as last years OWS dirt-bag in dirty street wear or wear my classic 70's 'Jason Mask' sporting a new "Obama logo-sticker" slapped-on next to my "Have a nice day", happy-face sticker, or just come in a white toga-sheet donning a notorious "smiling Obama-mask" with a classic black, John Belushi "College" t-shirt underneath and walk around with that famous blank-stare, or modern "still livin at home, with the parents-look" sadly plastered across my face?" (Oh' the decisions we corporate-heads have to make) to survive this failed "Obama-era" of Capitalist-rape and Profit-plunder to our Dwindling-investments and returns for this nation and land that we love *(ROMNEY/RYAN 2012') -"No tricks, (no),... just treats, America! *[KWOW 1021 on your radio dial, where we bring up to the minute tongue-n'-cheek political analysis, and satire you must (definitely see) to believe! Now stay tuned for more after this announcement from you friendly GM labor union representative!]
  • Kitsune Touhou 2012/09/19 21:43:42
    Scary
    Kitsune Touhou
    +2
    How about I move to Iceland and forget this ever happened.
  • CHUCK -... Kitsune... 2012/09/20 00:00:28
    CHUCK - Liberal in Seattle
    Love it there, good place to go!
  • Patric 2012/09/19 21:25:36
    Scary
    Patric
    +4
    and when the media are successful in getting some one elected ?

we get

A. we have to vote this bill in now , so we can find out what is in it ..
    B. $ 6 TRILLION ADDITIONAL DEBT
    C. highest sustained unemployment since the great depression
    D. welfare queens increased by 50 %
    E. failed foreign policy

F. ALL THE ABOVE ..

2014/09/19 19:57:04