UN Arms Trade Treaty: Treason?

Temlakos~POTL~PWCM~JLA~☆ 2012/07/09 00:12:53
On June 27, Barack Obama will sign the UN Arms Trade Treaty. That treaty commits its signers to register all firearms. And that means all of them, including those used for recreation.

The Second Amendment says: "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed."

So if Obama signs this treaty, he's going against the Constitution. And against a basic part of the Constitution.

So what say you? If Obama signs that treaty, is he guilty of treason?

Read More: http://www.conservativenewsandviews.com/2012/07/08...

+19
    The President swears to "preserve, protect and defend" the Constitution. Giving up our sovereignty is an aid and comfort to the enemy. And using this new treaty to take our guns away is an act of war against the people. Those are the definitions of treason.

• JCD aka... Phoenix 2012/07/09 17:53:55
    JCD aka "biz"
    +2
    Exactly.
  • JCD aka... JCD aka... 2012/07/09 17:56:54
    JCD aka "biz"
    +2
    BTW, I didn't know that 40% of the illicit international trade in arms comes from the US.

Maybe that's one reason why some US groups try to sabotage the proposed treaty.
  • Phoenix JCD aka... 2012/07/09 18:09:11
    Phoenix
    +1
    Actually, I'll have to try and verify that. I think it's 40% of global exports and may not be 40% of "illicit" trade.
  • Heptarch Phoenix 2012/07/09 20:35:41
    Heptarch
    +2
    It's 40% of global exports.
  • Phoenix Heptarch 2012/07/09 21:12:09
    Phoenix
    +1
    yup, I agree and have removed that, thanks.
  • Jake Bl... Phoenix 2012/07/09 19:45:55
    Jake Blanton
    And the cluelessness of the leftist sheep never ceases to amaze me either.
  • Phoenix Jake Bl... 2012/07/09 20:29:50
    Phoenix
    +1
    Sure because I bet you CHOOSE what to believe in whether you can back it up with facts or not.
  • Heptarch Jake Bl... 2012/07/09 20:36:17
    Heptarch
    +1
    So correcting you when you're wrong and trying to stir up fear with your BS is "cluelessness"? Good to know.
  • mich52 Heptarch 2012/07/09 21:23:21
  • Heptarch mich52 2012/07/09 22:24:29
    Heptarch
    +1
    Sadly true. None of their fear mongering stands up to the slightest bit of scrutiny.
  • Samantha 2012/07/09 17:32:39
    Samantha
    +6
    The treaty applies to international arms sales and has nothing to do with Second Amendment. It's another right wing lie.
  • cjj ~ FTGOP 2012/07/09 17:26:45 (edited)
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +3
    The right of the people to keep and bear arms is not infringed upon by registration UNLESS there is a legitimate legal reason for the individual to NOT be eligible to keep and bear arms. If one has a problem registering their firearms then (as the old conservative argument stands) either they have a reason of not legally being allowed to possess or they support ownership by prohibited persons. Take your pick.

Who Cannot Have a Gun in America?

The Gun Control Act of 1968 prohibits certain people from possessing a firearm. The possession of any firearm by one of these "prohibited persons" is a felony offense. It is also a felony for any person, including a registered Federal Firearms Licensee to sell or otherwise transfer any firearm to a person knowing or having "reasonable cause" to believe that the person receiving the firearm is prohibited from firearm possession. There are nine categories of persons prohibited from possessing firearms under the Gun Control Act:

-Persons under indictment for, or convicted of, any crime punishable by imprisonment
    for a term exceeding on year;

-Fugitives from justice;

-Persons who are unlawful users of, or addicted to, any controlled substance;

-Persons who have been declared by a court as mental defectives or have been ...

Who Cannot Have a Gun in America?

for a term exceeding on year;

-Fugitives from justice;

-Persons who have been declared by a court as mental defectives or have been
    committed to a mental institution;

-Illegal aliens, or aliens who were admitted to the United States under a
    non-immigrant visa;

-Persons who have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces;

-Persons who have renounced their United States citizenship;

-Persons subject to certain types of restraining orders; and

-Persons who have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence.

***With limited exceptions, persons under eighteen years of age are prohibited from possessing handguns.

If we are so worried about people being properly registered to place a vote, why wouldn't guns deserve the same? I also support drug-testing for gun ownership. Since we are on a path to ask people to pee in a cup for everything from asking for their right to apply for social assistance programs to employment opportunities why should gun owners not be asked to do the same when applying for ownership?
  • Jake Bl... cjj ~ F... 2012/07/09 19:47:23
    Jake Blanton
    GCA68 and NFA34 are blatantly unconstitutional.
  • cjj ~ F... Jake Bl... 2012/07/09 19:52:25
    cjj ~ FTGOP
    +2
    Says you. But I am getting pretty desensitized to people screaming "unconstitutional" every time something does not favor their wants. I say those screamers are acting out just like little spoiled children.
    +1
    I will withold judgement until I find out who did what....
  • George 2012/07/09 16:38:44
    George
    I got no use for the anti american Obama agenda or the UN BUT, I couldnt care less about this ceremonial signing.
    Its when they come looking for MY information that we will have a problem.
    Once some blue helmet comes a knocking for an ID on my arms the fan will have officially been hit.
    Besides, this is the kind of anti american crap you'd expect from this administration. So Im not surprised and dont care what they sign, it will be of no concern of mine.
    I would EXPECT, no, DEMAND, that once Romney wins, this will simply be un-done in the name of American liberties.
  • Lady Wh... George 2012/07/09 17:10:46
    "I would EXPECT, no, DEMAND, that once Romney wins, this will simply be un-done in the name of American liberties...."

Do you REALLY think he will? PUH-LEEZE!
  • George Lady Wh... 2012/07/09 18:33:56
    George
    Yes, at the behest of the American people and a Republican controlled Congress.
  • Lady Wh... George 2012/07/09 19:48:48
    There's the point - the republicans DON'T CARE about "the American poeple"!!
  • George Lady Wh... 2012/07/09 21:18:47
  • Samantha George 2012/07/09 17:33:35
    Samantha
    +3
    Romney will not lead the U.S. out of the U.N. Romney is an internationalist because he needs to protect his wealth and not pay taxes.
  • George Samantha 2012/07/09 18:33:20
    George
    By being seen as weakening the 2nd amendment?
    No way, its not in his interest to do so.
  • Samantha George 2012/07/09 18:41:02
    Samantha
    The treaty doesn't weaken the Second Amendment.
  • Jake Bl... Samantha 2012/07/09 19:48:41
    Jake Blanton
    +1
    First comes registration, then comes confiscation...
  • Samantha Jake Bl... 2012/07/09 20:06:11
    Samantha
    Again, the treaty has nothing to do with the Second Amendment.
  • George Samantha 2012/07/09 21:12:18
    George
    then whats the prob? A capitalist possibly making money?
    Thats what Im saying, its of no matter to me until the blue helmets come a knocking. Register away, just leave me the hell out of it.
  • Samantha George 2012/07/09 22:38:22
    Samantha
    It's conservatives spreading the lie about this treaty, not me. I totally support this treaty.
  • George Samantha 2012/07/10 10:29:11
    George
    As I said. It doesnt effect me until a blue helmet knocks on my door.
    I think its hype.

http://www.snopes.com/politic...
  • Samantha George 2012/07/10 13:17:15
    Samantha
    Snopes, then, proves me right.
  • George Samantha 2012/07/10 20:58:47
    George
    Maybe so, I for one did not and will not dispute your assertions or theirs. Both have agendas. I simply want my 2nd amendment rights protected at all cost.
  • Samantha George 2012/07/10 21:00:51
    Samantha
    The treaty doesn't impact the Second Amendment. It's a conservative lie.
  • George Samantha 2012/07/10 22:58:51
    George
    So you keep saying.
    I dont trust either side when it comes to protecting my god given rights. And you shouldnt either.

The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.
    Thomas Jefferson
  • Samantha George 2012/07/10 23:07:57
    Samantha
    I don't think God gave you a right to own a gun.
  • George Samantha 2012/07/11 10:32:46
    George
    According to the Declaration of Independance, The creator gave me inaliable rights, Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.
    If one of the aspects of happiness for me, is a fully dressed AR-15 with a 30 round mag then God did indeed grant me a right to own my guns for I have pursued and found happiness.

http://news.investors.com/art...
  • Samantha George 2012/07/11 15:33:51
    Samantha
    Our governing document is the constitution and, in that document, none of the Bill of Rights is absolute. If that's happiness for you, I pity you.
  • Flamingolady 2012/07/09 16:36:40
    Flamingolady
    +2
    And here are other acts of treason he has committed:
  • Saye Saye 2012/07/09 16:26:08
    Saye Saye
    +1
    I meant to vote yes...we all have the right to bear arms & protect ourselves. Not sell them & make money even thought USA is so damn broke.
  • JCD aka... Saye Saye 2012/07/09 16:43:25
    JCD aka "biz"
    +1
    Sorry to intrude, but my stoopid computer seems to have problems replying to CALLIOPE, just below.

She writes "No treaty should circumvent our Constitution". Correct.

But does the American Constitution make it impossible to ban international sales of arms to criminals and terrorists?
  • voice_m... Saye Saye 2012/07/09 18:31:51
    voice_matters
    libby sorry can you explain how registering your gun is unconstitutional
  • ★Calliope★ 2012/07/09 16:19:34 (edited)

2014/10/21 13:37:19