UK teacher orders boy to remove wristband honoring soldier murdered by jihadis, for fear of offending Muslims.

Stop Hillary 2016 2014/03/17 20:58:44

Dhimmi Britannia continues to gallop toward surrender and ruin. Pamela Geller’s observation is apt: “Britain is in free fall. It isn’t just the government, which bans counter-jihadists and supporters of Israel like Robert Spencer and me while letting in the most bloodthirsty and hateful Muslim preachers; it’s also people like this teacher, who has so internalized the idea that anything that causes offense to Muslims must be done away with, no matter what it is. This is the mentality of a defeated people, a captive people, anxious to appease its overlords. This is the mentality of a nation in its death throes.”

“Teacher orders boy, 10, to remove Help for Heroes wristband worn in memory of Lee Rigby ‘because it might cause offence,’” by Mark Duell for the Daily Mail, March 12 (thanks to Pamela Geller):

A teacher allegedly ordered a 10-year-old boy to take off his Help for Heroes wristband because it could cause offence.

Tracy Tew was shocked when her son Charlie was put on a report card at Maldon Primary School in Essex after he refused to take off the charity rubber bracelet sold to honour injured soldiers.

Charlie wears the wristband – bought at the Colchester Military Festival – in honour of murdered solider Lee Rigby and service personnel in his family, including his great-granddad and uncle.

Mrs Tew, 38, a domestic service assistant at a hospital, said: ‘We are really proud of Charlie for sticking to his guns. He wanted to keep it on and he didn’t agree with the reasons why he shouldn’t.

The mother of two added: ‘When the teacher said she was worried it was going to offend people, I thought it was disgusting. Our family are up in arms because we are all military minded.

‘With what happened with Lee Rigby, Charlie really wanted to wear a wristband.’

Drummer Rigby, 25, was killed by two Islamic fanatics in Woolwich, south-east London, in May last year. Michael Adebolajo, 29, and Michael Adebowale, 22, were jailed for the murder last month.

Headteacher Tracy Thornton insisted wearing wristbands is against the school’s jewellery policy.

She said: ‘They are not allowed to wear jewellery, and that includes wristbands, for health and safety reasons because they could get caught.

‘I can’t comment on what one particular teacher said, but for the general perspective of the school, the children are not allowed to wear jewellery except small silver studs and watches, which have to be taken off for PE.’

Bryn Parry, co-founder and CEO of Help for Heroes, told MailOnline: ‘A school’s uniform policy is a matter for the principal and governors.

‘However, over 6million wristbands are proudly being worn in support of our wounded servicemen and women, including many wristbands on the frontline in Afghanistan.

‘We have not heard of a single health and safety incident connected to them, nor have we ever had a complaint that they are offensive.

‘We do also have a wonderful range of other items such as lapel badges for those who are keen to show their support for our wounded.’

Terry Sutton, Colchester president of the Royal British Legion – a separate charity to Help for Heroes – said he has never heard of anyone taking offence to wristbands backing military charities.

He said: ‘It’s hard to see how the band would cause offence, except, I suppose, to the radical Muslim community. I don’t think that will be a problem in Colchester and in its surrounding area.

‘Help for Heroes bands are something young people in particular have latched onto and it’s great, as a former serviceman, to see them showing their support.’

The school has around 400 pupils aged between four and 11. In its last Ofsted report in January 2013, it was rated as ‘good’ overall – an improvement from ‘satisfactory’ in the previous inspection.

Read More: http://www.jihadwatch.org/2014/03/uk-teacher-order...

• Ron Burgundy "Gentleman Lover" 2014/04/04 09:51:02
    Ron Burgundy "Gentleman Lover"
    +1
    god forbid!
  • Christian 2014/03/18 17:18:05
    Christian
    More scaremongering and islamaphobic trash by the papers, I read on here somewhere that Britain was introducing sharia law into its courts and how Islam is taking over here, well it's not! And never will be, there's as much truth in that as there is in Islam taking over the USA, it's never going to happen.
  • Ben Richards 2014/03/18 04:43:10
    Ben Richards
    +2
    Looks like islam is winning in the UK.
  • Ben 2014/03/17 21:41:52
    Ben
    +2
    As someone who actually lives in the UK, I would say that the actions of a single stupid or scared individual does not mean that the rest of the 60 million of us feel the same.

In the school where I work, we also had pupils wear similar wristbands with no teacher issuing any punishments. However, at this pupil's school, it seems that the uniform code states that no wristbands of ANY type are to be used and that the individual teacher just got silly or paranoid about the reason he gave.

So please don't observe our country from afar and treat a single instance as an example of the whole country. Just as you wouldn;t like it if we over here started judging the entirety of America on the actions of singular idiots over there.
  • Ron Han... Ben 2014/03/17 22:29:34
    Ron Hanforth
    +2
    UK bans all pork product from school menu

Headmistress Lynn Small wrote to parents;Children will attend 'Explore Islam' workshop at Staffordshire University or receive 'Racial Discrimination note' if they didn't go,
    UK soldiers warned not to wear uniforms in public:

Muslim Brotherhood Supporters Storm Stage

Reporters distributing photos of jihad terror suspect are arrested for "racially aggravated public disorder"

Violent enforcement of Sharia on UK streets
  • Ben Ron Han... 2014/03/17 23:50:49
    Ben
    Those links appear to be dead. Any links perhaps to legitimate websites? News articles from respectable papers perhaps?
  • ~*~Denai Da Guru~*~ 2014/03/17 21:38:41
    ~*~Denai Da Guru~*~
    +1
    Shows us the climate of change, and it is not a good change at all!
  • Bucky 2014/03/17 21:38:30
    Bucky
    +2
    Britanistan was actively engaged in wars in Bosnia and Kosovo, on the side of radical Muslim extremists. I'm not surprised one bit.
  • Ben Bucky 2014/03/17 21:42:32
    Ben
    Wasn't all of NATO involved in Bosnia?
  • Bucky Ben 2014/03/17 23:04:49
    Bucky
    Tony Blair was the loudest war hawk of them all.

tony blair war hawk
  • Ben Bucky 2014/03/17 23:51:29
    Ben
    +1
    He was, but who's more foolish? The fool or the fools who follow?
  • Bucky Ben 2014/03/18 00:07:06
    Bucky
    +1
    You have a point there.
    +2
    Won't be long before they say soldiers like that deserve to die.
  • Ron Hanforth 2014/03/17 21:29:23
    Ron Hanforth
    +1
    Is there anyone from the UK that would like to chime in on this? How many of you are left that are in up in arms over this kind of behavior in your schools?
  • Ben Ron Han... 2014/03/17 21:44:18
    Ben
    As it is a single instance occuring to one pupil by one teacher in one school, most of us just shake our head at the daftness and move on, knowing it to be a very isolated and unique case.

Now don;t get me wrong, if it happened every day in every school, then most of us would have something very definite to say about it.
  • Ron Han... Ben 2014/03/17 22:28:29
    Ron Hanforth
    +1

• Ben Ron Han... 2014/03/18 00:25:58
    Ben
    Ah...these links work. I'll try to address them one by one.

The first two are decisions I personally disagree with. However, they were again made by only two stupid/foolish individuals (although i do think the first one thought she was doing the right thing, even if it wasn;t). However, this brings so far the total number of school staff shown here doing silly things regarding Islam to 3 (out of 438,000 teachers in the State Sector alone, with around 300,000 support staff on top).

The third one again is not something I agree with (you should never appear scared of terrorism or you make yourself a bigger target). However it was one counter-terror unit telling one barracks not to wear their uniforms in one part of one town for a while.
    Elsewhere soldiers do wear their uniforms in public (we have a barracks nearby and my parents live within 20 miles of 4 RAF bases) and the only negativity they recieve is in the form of interforces rivallry (ie, lighthearted digs from members of one of the other armed forces).

The fourth again appears to be an isolated event by one extremist group. other extremist group also use similar actions (the EDL for example has stormed exhibitions, the FIFA building and an entire town centre, but I wouldn't judge the actions of all Englishmen based on their...

The fourth again appears to be an isolated event by one extremist group. other extremist group also use similar actions (the EDL for example has stormed exhibitions, the FIFA building and an entire town centre, but I wouldn't judge the actions of all Englishmen based on their behaviour.

The fifth I'm wary of as the only source I can find is a single article in The Mirror (not exactly the most reputable of papers). However, if it;s true, I would hazard a guess that the Public Order bit came from the fact that 'a mob soon gathered'. Wouldn;t call it racially motivated myself but again, even if true, this is one pair arrested by one group 'on suspicion' and since there's no follow up article, I would guess they were released without charge.

As for the sixth, well I've always hated the fact that even developed countries like yours and mine still have problems with gangs trying to 'run' certain areas. In London alone there are a recognised 250 gangs, each trying to assert its authority over a certain area. Some are muslim, most are not, all are dangerous and a blight on our big cities. I know certain American cities, as well as cities in France, italy and other 'developed' countries have gang problems.

My overall point is that each of these cases is a depressing example of an individual or small group of individuals being stupid or silly or scared. But to take individual and rare examples and parade them like they're commonplace is foolish at best. one teacher and two headteachers did something stupid regarding islam, hundreds of thousands didn't. one group of police told one group of soldiers not to wear uniforms in one area, thousands of soldiers across the other 99.99% of the UK wore them with pride, one gang assaulted someone under the guise of Sharia, 249 gangs attacked people without any belief in Sharia. One group stormed a stage in london? We have dads dressing up as Batman and doing something similar every month.

Trust me, the UK has FAR bigger problems than the occasional actions of some dimwits!
  • Ron Han... Ben 2014/03/18 17:51:17
    Ron Hanforth
    Sorry but these are just the chips on the armor. Below the surface is something far more sinister than you are willing to admit or comprehend. The suicide bombings carried out in London in 2005 by British Muslims revealed an alarming network of Islamist terrorists and their sympathizers. Under the noses of British intelligence, London became the European hub for the promotion, recruitment and financing of Islamist terror and extremism.Multiculturalism and appeasement is weakening the country from within, Britain; a wonderful nation that helped give the world such values as freedom, democracy and rule of law is now in the process of losing those very values. In spite of tax-payer subsidised housing, health care and other social benefits, Muslim communities in Britain remain enclaves. Assimilation has been eschewed, while the maintenance of a separate identity, culture and lifestyle has been pursued. For Muslim extremists, British values have been rejected, and many Muslims seek to implement Sharia law across the land. While I am sure most Muslims just want a peaceful life in a peaceful country, Islamists in Britain are quite specific about their goal: turning it into a Muslim nation.
  • Ben Ron Han... 2014/03/19 18:00:11 (edited)
    Ben
    I'll certainly agree that there is a core of extremists within the UK. Even more unfortunate is that their main recruiting target are actually the disaffected youth of Britain, people born and raised in the UK who for one reason or another get taken in and brainwashed by certain clerics and extremists who would rather have others do the 'dirty work' for them.

Fortunately, since 2005, the intelligence services have foiled most plots they have hatched (Lee Rgiby being a very unfortunate exception) and greater strides have been taken by the British government, local councils and the wider peaceful muslim community to prevent the conditions by which certain people are converted to radicalism.

Regarding Sharia, I personally feell that if someone comes here and wants to completely overhaul British law (eg by implementing Sharia) then they should instead move to a country that already has Sharia instead. I am (mostly) proud of our laws and we have talen centuriesd to develop them. However, when you consider that, according to the 2011 census, only 5% of people in the UK are muslim and that according to one poll, only a quarter of them would want Sharia implemented 'in any capacity' in the UK, the more extreme elements are a very small faction. Certainly not enough to ever force the cha...

Regarding Sharia, I personally feell that if someone comes here and wants to completely overhaul British law (eg by implementing Sharia) then they should instead move to a country that already has Sharia instead. I am (mostly) proud of our laws and we have talen centuriesd to develop them. However, when you consider that, according to the 2011 census, only 5% of people in the UK are muslim and that according to one poll, only a quarter of them would want Sharia implemented 'in any capacity' in the UK, the more extreme elements are a very small faction. Certainly not enough to ever force the changing of any important UK laws, despite how vocal that tiny group may be and how much coverage the media gives them.

A much more promising view comes from another survey which found that Muslims in the UK were more likely to be proud of being British than the average resident (83% compared to 79%). Hope then that the extremists, however vocal they may be and however stupid some people's reactions to them can get, are still just a small minority of a small minority, and will continue to be sufficiently held in check by the actions of social and local groups and the intelligence community.

I;'m saying that their aren't extremists in the UK or that they don;t pose a threat or don;t want to overthrow everything that put the Great into Great Britain. There are, they are and they do and everything possible should be done to stop them. I just believe that they are a tiny minority and that the only genuine threat from them are the repeated attempts at terror that (so far at least) have seen limited success since 2005.
  • Ron Han... Ben 2014/03/19 19:30:27
    Ron Hanforth
    +1
    While we are in agreement on most points. Let me put to task the contention that a "tiny minority" is something the UK shouldn't have to worry about. Judicial appeasement works not by majority vote, but by who complains the loudest. Little by Little, rule by rule, law by law, liberties are being chipped away to satisfy Muslim "sensibilities" . Like a UK YMCA, banning all men from the pool and having women only lifeguards for Muslim women & Girls.The revolution does not get televised, no shots ever fired. YOu wake up and one day your country is no longer yours. These "tiny" things should not be taken lightly as it puts fundamental freedoms of Western society on the line

I am sure you agree that History is our best teacher. I leave you with this quote from Cicero.

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hear...

A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear.”
  • Ron Han... Ben 2014/03/20 20:13:43
    Ron Hanforth
    +1
    Forced out by fanatics: Head UK teachers reveal how they've been bullied, smeared and driven from their jobs for resisting Islamic extremists
    The teachers speak of the harassment and hate directed against them
    One, a moderate Muslim, was ousted after a 'sinister hate campaign'
    A recent letter claims there is a plot to spread extremist agenda

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/ne...
  • Ron Han... Ben 2014/03/24 15:24:08
  • JanHopkins 2014/03/17 21:02:09
    JanHopkins
    +2
    Now I am offended.
  • FAM of the OMC 2014/03/17 21:01:39
    FAM of the OMC
    +4
    So long England. You had a good run.
  • brettw97 2014/03/17 21:01:03 (edited)
    brettw97
    +1
    If that were my kid, that teacher would understand that her role is to teach the kid and not tell them what to wear.
  • Ben brettw97 2014/03/17 21:45:46
    Ben
    Most schools in the UK have an official school uniform and parents must sign a contract before their pupils begin school saying that they agree with the school's discipline policy, including its uniform.
  • brettw97 Ben 2014/03/17 21:54:53
    brettw97
    Then I wouldn't be signing it.
  • Ben brettw97 2014/03/17 22:01:06
    Ben
    You don;t have to. Most parents have a choice of several local schools to send their children to. Some schools are more lax of uniform, others are more strict. You choose the school that best fits what you want for your child and then apply.

2014/07/24 13:11:54