UFO Sightings Are More Common Than Voter Fraud
WankerBait 2012/07/04 16:29:10
Between 2000 and 2010, there were:
649 million votes cast in general elections
47,000 UFO sightings
441 Americans killed by lightning
13 credible cases of in-person voter impersonation
brains behind a slew of anti-immigration laws) Kris Kobah cited 221 incidents of voter fraud in the state between 1997 and 2010. Yet those cases produced just 7 convictions—none related to impersonating other voters.
- Last December, Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus declared that Wisconsin is "absolutely riddled with voter fraud." In fact, the state's voter fraud rate in 2004 was 0.0002 percent—just 7 votes.
- 2.2 million registered voters did not vote in 2008 because they didn't have proper ID.
- Since 2011, 34 states have introduced laws requiring voters to show photo ID, and 9 states have passed photo ID laws, affecting 3.8 million voters.
- Last year, 12 states introduced laws requiring birth certificates or other proof of citizenship to vote; 3 passed.
- Only 48 percent of women have a birth certificate with their current legal name on it.
- Texas' new ID law permits voters to use concealed-handgun licenses as proof of identity, but not state university IDs.
- In 2008, more than 1/3 of voters cast ballots before Election Day. In 2011, 5 states passed bills to restrict early voting.
- States with Election Day registration have 7 to 12 percent greater turnout than states without. Last year, 5 states introduced bills that eliminate Election Day registration.
-12 percent of minority voters report registering through voter drives, twice the rate of white voters. In 2011, Florida and Texas passed laws making registration drives much harder to organize.
and so on, and on ... Keep reading below.
News & Politics
Hot Questions on SodaHead
More Hot Questions