Two Obamacare Questions

Leasheryn/Lady Willpower 2012/07/09 01:29:24

Two ObamaScare Questions:

1) If parents have to pay for their minor children's healthcare until the age of 26, who pays for the minor children's minor children if they have them before the age of 26?

2) Now that there is no incentive for minor children to get a job that enables them to carry their own healthcare until the age of 26, what happens when those minor children still fail to find employment and purchase a healthcare policy by the time they reach their majority at age 26? Will the government feel sorry for them and raise the age to 32?

Under Obamacare, the middle class tax payer will now have to pay for their own healthcare, the healthcare of their minor children until age 26, all the indigent who are at or beneath the poverty level and don't pay taxes, the elderly who are on a fixed income, depend upon Social Security as their only source of income and don't pay taxes, illegal aliens who get paid under the table or are on welfare and don't pay taxes in the US and The President, The President's Administration and Members of Congress.

The cost of healthcare for the average middle class American working family is somewhere in the range of $13,000 annually. The tax penalty for anyone who refuses to purchase health insurance is $2,000 annually. In other words, the average middle class American who is paying their fair share of taxes is screwed.

It seems funny that people who support Obama's Health Care scam seem to believe they will be better off. Well....okay...if that's what you want to believe...I guess...whatever...have fun...with that...

• DeborahLakeHelen 2012/08/31 19:42:42
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +2
    Not only will we not be better off, MILLIONS of people will DIE under Obamacare.
  • Sheila 2012/08/31 18:46:45
    Sheila
    +1
    Better off? IF that was the case we would not have a ton of forieng nationals who COME HERE for care. They would stay in their home countries (CA, UK, etc) and get their care there. The fact that they DO come here by the thousands for GOOD care should warn us.

Coddling our children and not allowing them to understand failure while they are young and it is far easeir to overcome is NOT doing them any favors. The very idea of calling a 26 year old a child is laughable. Continues the school lessons of "you are NOT to be held responsible".
  • Leasher... Sheila 2012/09/01 01:27:25
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    My cousin's little girl was denied medical care in the UK when she was 4 years old. She is now 7 and still hasn't received the care she needs. My aunt who is in her 60s was also denied care in the UK.
  • Sheila Leasher... 2012/09/04 13:39:10
    Sheila
    +1
    Bless her heart. Is she there or here now?
  • Leasher... Sheila 2012/09/28 01:00:52
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    She's still over there but her parents are talking about moving here in the hope of getting her the right attention. I've told them to hurry up before obamacare goes into effect otherwise they might as well not bother.
  • rightside 2012/08/31 14:21:51
    rightside
    +3
    bama hates the middle class because they do what he doesn't.....WORK!
  • Leasher... rightside 2012/09/01 01:28:10
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +3
    WORK is a 4-letter dirty word for Obama. I'm sure he's allergic and would break out in a rash if he was ever confronted with it.
  • rightside Leasher... 2012/09/01 02:11:27
    rightside
    +1
    Abso-flippin'-lutely!
    +4
    1. I can say this for my Health Insurance ..
    any Child under my policy .. if they have children of their own .. (or are even pregnant) .. there's absolutely NO Coverage for these Grandchildren (or the children's pregnancy) at all .. (it is specifically excluded .. that happened over 2 decades ago .. ). The only way the Grandchildren would be covered is IF I went to court and obtained LEGAL CUSTODY and became .. legally the Grandchildren's PARENT .. (then I'll have to pay the extra premium and they would be covered)

2. GOOD GRIEF .. don't even want to think of that horror .. since by now raising the age of dependency to 26 .. (without Requiring Schooling, Trade Training) .. this has resulted in a more than nine-fold increase in Premiums alone (before the increases in Deductibles/co-pays/uncovered costs are factored in .. and there's also less covered services too). In fact .. I can definitely state I anticipate that there's going to be cafeteria style 'buffet' offerings of coverages .. to pick and choose what diseases you want covered under the plan and that will be the basis for your health insurance premium and coverage as a result of this HORROR called Obamacare ..

There was NOTHING good about this .. nothing at all .. it was MEANT to break our backs .. increase our ...

There was NOTHING good about this .. nothing at all .. it was MEANT to break our backs .. increase our costs .. and definitely lower the standard of care ..
    (and yes, I get projections of costs for near term fiscal years as well .. so I can see the probable changes coming along .. and everything is RISING in what any Consumer will have to pay out of pocket)
  • Rodney 2012/08/31 03:06:58
    Rodney
    +5
    Once again, you peaked my interest and I just had to find the answers. I will list them in order as I get my answers.
    1- Dependent children of "Adult Children" covered under adult parents Family Plan.
    I thought, gee, Obama surely saw to them being covered as well. I was wrong. Adult children, whether married or single can be covered on their parents plan, but NOT the spouse or children of that adult child. As I see it, with the adult child not required to live at home and can be married plus have children. Who will be paying for the rent and coverage of that adult child's children? Should we concerned that we may be raising a new generation of Welfare recipients? I think yes. One more thing to consider. It has been found that including you Adult Child on your family Plan will add $3,250 to your insurance bill in 2013 and $3,500 in 2014. How likely are parents to do that and opt to pay the $2,000 fine instead?

2-For those Adult children who rise past the age of 26 can then receive Medicaid if their income is below 133% of the poverty level ($14,856 for a single person, $20,123 for 2, $25,389 for 3) or their employer supplies coverage. If your insurer doesn't use the prescribed percentage for Health Costs, the employer or insured will receive a "Rebate". That rebate will be ta...

2-For those Adult children who rise past the age of 26 can then receive Medicaid if their income is below 133% of the poverty level ($14,856 for a single person, $20,123 for 2, $25,389 for 3) or their employer supplies coverage. If your insurer doesn't use the prescribed percentage for Health Costs, the employer or insured will receive a "Rebate". That rebate will be taxable as income, just like the Cash for Clunkers money anyone who fell for that is taxable. There are 7 new taxes that will hit the Middle Class as Obie Care unfolds. Or, they can pay the $2,000 penalty and get FREE coverage (using Free is, of course me being factious.
  • keeper 2012/08/31 01:55:45
    keeper
    +5
    Great questions... I bet the liberals have no answers,,,
  • Leasher... keeper 2012/09/01 01:30:08
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +1
    They have no answers. All they can do is whiny, cry and deny.
  • Spizzzo BN-0 2012/08/29 12:08:07
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    You LIE! Not that you care, really, since you don't much care about the troubles of your fellow Americans.

The answers to the stupid questions you ask are in the ACA bill. Look it up.

Why do you want TENS of thousands of your fellow Americans to continue to die for lack of healthcare each and EVERY year? Why do you hate Americans so much?
  • Leasher... Spizzzo... 2012/08/31 01:29:10
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +20
    So I see the truth scares you and scares you deeply. Good!!!

If you believe there are people in America who are dying from lack of healthcare, you are buying into the "Fear Factor" that is being instilled in you by a worthless party who has done nothing but seek to destroy the weak-minded by brainwashing them with rhetoric.

It is laughable that you are weak enough to buy into THAT crap. Oh please. Don't tell me about Hating America. Obama hates America and wants you to live in fear so you will be dependent upon him and the government for all you have.

Go run and hide under your bed. There's a big bad monster hiding in your closet...and his name's Obama.
  • Spizzzo... Leasher... 2012/08/31 10:18:05
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    If you do NOT believe a lack of health insurance kills TENS of THOUSANDS of Americans per year you are choosing to be ignorant and/or just don't care how many THOUSANDS of Americans Republicans want to kill each year. Look it up. The FACTS (the ones you ignore or choose to oppose) ARE 'OUT THERE'! I'm not just making this up. Why would you think I'd even want to? Your position would be laughable if it were not so evil. As a loyal and patriotic American I can NOT approve of how you want to KILL TENS of THOUSANDS of your fellow Americans, EACH and EVERY year. People like you who hate America disgust me.
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/08/31 17:01:41 (edited)
    marylou5
    +6
    Where did you find documentation of your quote below that:
    "lack of health insurance kills TENS of THOUSANDS of Americans per year" ?

Perhaps that would be your next step to convince those of us who find your statement patently false!
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/09/27 17:13:58
    Spizzzo BN-0
    Only those who choose to remain ignorant refuse to acknowledge this. However, here's some proof, since you claim ignorance. Not that mere facts are likely to convince you people. It never does--you just want to cling to your falsehoods. Anyway:

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009...

Notice how old that is--this is NOT breaking news.
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/09/27 18:36:20
    marylou5
    +1
    You are truly delusional if you thing an organization that is supporting socialized medicine would not put forward that OPINIONATED information!

NO ONE IN THIS COUNTRY WHO REQUIRES, SEEKS OR WANTS MEDICAL CARE AND GETS THEIR BUTTS TO THE ER. ETC IS EVER, EVER,EVER REFUSED TREATMENT!

Please, that drivel is beneath anyone, even you, with a smidgeon of common sense.

Do you really believe that propaganda you spew? Get over yourself!
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/10/24 10:47:32
    Spizzzo BN-0
    You are a hateful anti-American if you think it is OK for us to continue to kill TENS of THOUSANDS of your fellow Americans per year for lack of health insurance.

Yes, I believe facts. Why don't y0ou?

Why do you hate Americans? Why do you want so many of them dead?

Just how is it you fantasize that anyone needing or wanting care in America can get it? Get real. Look up actual facts. Learn real stuff. If you can.
  • Leasher... Spizzzo... 2012/09/01 01:32:42 (edited)
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +4
    Quite you're whiny, spazzo. You're answer is stupid and pathetic. NO ONE is denied care in the United States. If you are indigent and cannot pay, the doctors and hospitals will NOT and can NOT turn you away. All you have to do is read the Hippocratic Oath. All doctors take the Oath and cannot turn you away.

It is Obamacare which will deny healthcare to the people who require it the most. If you believe otherwise, you are falling in with his lies.

Hippocratic Oath

I swear by Apollo the physician, and Asclepius, and Hygieia and Panacea and all the gods and goddesses as my witnesses, that, according to my ability and judgement, I will keep this Oath and this contract:

To hold him who taught me this art equally dear to me as my parents, to be a partner in life with him, and to fulfill his needs when required; to look upon his offspring as equals to my own siblings, and to teach them this art, if they shall wish to learn it, without fee or contract; and that by the set rules, lectures, and every other mode of instruction, I will impart a knowledge of the art to my own sons, and those of my teachers, and to students bound by this contract and having sworn this Oath to the law of medicine, but to no others.

I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients accordin...

Hippocratic Oath

I will use those dietary regimens which will benefit my patients according to my greatest ability and judgement, and I will do no harm or injustice to them.

I will not give a lethal drug to anyone if I am asked, nor will I advise such a plan; and similarly I will not give a woman a pessary to cause an abortion.

In purity and according to divine law will I carry out my life and my art.

I will not use the knife, even upon those suffering from stones, but I will leave this to those who are trained in this craft.

Into whatever homes I go, I will enter them for the benefit of the sick, avoiding any voluntary act of impropriety or corruption, including the seduction of women or men, whether they are free men or slaves.

Whatever I see or hear in the lives of my patients, whether in connection with my professional practice or not, which ought not to be spoken of outside, I will keep secret, as considering all such things to be private.

So long as I maintain this Oath faithfully and without corruption, may it be granted to me to partake of life fully and the practice of my art, gaining the respect of all men for all time. However, should I transgress this Oath and violate it, may the opposite be my fate.
  • Spizzzo... Leasher... 2012/09/27 17:15:59
    Spizzzo BN-0
    There you go again. You are wrong at every turn, right from the get-go when you falsely claim people are not denied care in the US. That just shows how profoundly you misunderstand how healthcare works.
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/09/27 18:39:42
    marylou5
    +1
    Why do you keep talking stupid when we all know that you have a disingenuous agenda to promote OBAMACARE...and you don't care how many lies you have to tell....shame on you!
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/10/24 10:50:01
    Spizzzo BN-0
    I "keep talking stupid' (your words) because I ONLY speak in provable FACTS. You should look into what "fact" means. It is a FACT that repealing Obamacare will kill LOTS of people. Do you care? I doubt it. Shame on you!!
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/10/25 17:10:58
    marylou5
    You are delusional. Do you have any documentation on anyone who died that sought treatment and was denied treatment?
    You claim it is FACT...prove it!

NOT REPEALING OBAMACARE will kill people by denying them the treatment they can get in hospitals or ERs anywhere in America right this very minute.

OBAMACARE will deny treatment to Americans by the 20,000 IRS non-medical personell hired by Obama to decide who gets care and who doesn't...depending, of course on how it affects the bottom line!!
    That is OBAMACARE!
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/11/26 07:01:58
    Spizzzo BN-0
    Sorry you missed my MANY times documenting it. I should do it each and every time I mention it. I'm even sorrier that you did not choose to know it on your own and apparently think our healthcare access system is just peachy-keen despite all the deaths. Anyway, here it is again:

http://www.pnhp.org/news/2009...

FYI, your last paragraph is complete crap promoted without ANY proof by Obamacare-haters (who are therefore also American-haters, since they never offer an effective replacement, much less one that could pass). You need to ask yourself why you let yourself be duped by American-haters.
  • Deborah... Leasher... 2012/08/31 19:41:23
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +3
    He's so warped in the head, it almost hurts me to read what he's said.
  • Leasher... Deborah... 2012/09/01 01:36:23
    Leasheryn/Lady Willpower
    +2
    I just landed him with the Hippocratic Oath.
  • Deborah... Leasher... 2012/09/01 01:54:40
    DeborahLakeHelen
    +1
    "Those things which are sacred" Maybe that will shut him up!
  • Rodney Spizzzo... 2012/08/31 03:16:28
    Rodney
    +12
    Well I see you haven't changed one bit. Still a tiny little minded dweeb who attacks hatefully instead of being civil and giving an accurate answer if you COULD. Now, might I suggest you research and debate or correct any misinformation instead of just being an ass? The truth is WE do care about our fellow man, we don't want to see OUR country bankrupted by Generalissimo Obama, we want everyone to be inspired to reach for the stars, not beaten down and forced into slavery to an all powerful government. We want to see that all are given an equal chance for stardom (I don't mean Hollywood or pro sports). We want our children and grand children to have things better then we did, NOT live in a third world socialist state.
  • Spizzzo... Rodney 2012/08/31 10:23:54
    Spizzzo BN-0
    +1
    I see you still want to kill TENS of THOUSANDS of your fellow Americans EACH and EVERY year! Why is it you think this is OK? Why is it you imagine that you actually CARE about your fellow Americans when you want so many of them dead?

Why is it you oppose "Obamacare" on monetary grounds, when it is ABSOLUTELY CRITICALLY needed in order to avoid TENS of THOUSANDS of deaths PER YEAR? In other words, it is at least as critical as Defense spending. In what world is it that you think it's OK to kill Obamacare so that the Republicans may kill more Americans?

No, I WILL NOT let this go, not until a Republican explains to my why it is OK to kill so many.
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/08/31 17:15:04
    marylou5
    +5
    NO ONE IS EVER denied care who walks into an ER and needs it!

That is a totally false statement and if you don't know that, you are not keeping up with what is obvious to the "TENS OF THOUSANDS" of illegal immigrants who take advantage of it every day across America!!

You are making totally false statements without any documentation whatsoever!
    Reform of health care was first proposed because of the high cost of health care and not the lack of health care! Of course this high cost of health care was because we were treating all of those who REFUSED to buy health care for everything from 52" TVs, to fancy cars, to McMansions etc......... Show me a welfare/poor family that does not have a TV or a car. Most of them have those items and cell phones as well!
    There are very few exceptions!!!
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/09/27 17:18:36
    Spizzzo BN-0
    You are silly (and evil, frankly, when you spread your lies) if you think ER care amounts to actual decent healthcare. I refuse to believe you are really that silly, even though a lot of Republicans say it and seem to expect Americans to believe them. Your ranting about illegal immigrants is a lie, too.
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/09/27 18:41:28
    marylou5
    NO LIES...nothing but the truth from me, which you would refuse to recognize if it hit you upside the head twice!
    Have a nice day!
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/10/24 10:52:50
    Spizzzo BN-0
    I find it very strange that you imagine your lies are truth. Unlike, you, I have actual supportable studies behind my opinions--apparently you just make up your lies/stuff. Again, I ask, "Why do you hate actual Americans so much that you want them dead?"
  • marylou5 Spizzzo... 2012/10/25 17:11:54
    marylou5
    DOCUMENTATION?
  • Spizzzo... marylou5 2012/11/26 07:02:15
  • Sheila Spizzzo... 2012/08/31 18:38:40
    Sheila
    +3
    So you also want to make abortion illegal right? As that DOES (by design) kill thousands of americans per year.......
  • Spizzzo... Sheila 2012/09/27 17:22:34
    Spizzzo BN-0
    Irrelevant and unproven, unlike the FACT that tens of thousands of fully-grown of your fellow citizens die for lack of insurance. Even for those with your abortion view, why would you try to excuse killing born people by pointing out that you think many unborn people are killled, too? How does one justify the other?
  • Sheila Spizzzo... 2012/09/27 17:58:04
    Sheila
    +2
    It doesnt. It points out the raging hypocracy of the left though. The FACT is that NO ONE is turned away from an ER as is. Marylou is correct on the illegal immigrant issue as well.
  • marylou5 Sheila 2012/09/27 18:46:41
    marylou5
    +2
    TY...he's a blooming idiot who knows he's lying but persists to promote a false agenda.

2014/09/20 06:07:14