Twitter frowns on Joe Biden's laugh - POLITICO.com: Was Joe Biden's smile immature?

Daryl 2012/10/12 02:49:41

POLITICO.COM reports:
Vice President Joe Biden and Rep. Paul Ryan were the two candidates on stage at Thursday’s vice presidential debate, but a third character emerged: Joe Biden’s laugh, which didn’t escape the notice of tweeting politicos. (And led, of course, to at least three satirical Twitter accounts: Laughing Joe Biden, Biden Smirk, and yet another...

Read More: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1012/82313.html

• EmilyTheStrange 2012/10/17 01:47:59
    Disagree
    EmilyTheStrange
    WHO COULD HATE THAT BEAUTIFUL SMILE.
  • gaylehelen 2012/10/13 22:00:28
    Agree
    gaylehelen
    +1
    Bizarre comes to my mind.
  • Frannin 2012/10/13 21:22:31
    Disagree
    Frannin
    Joe had two choices only...laugh (smile) or cry. He knew immediately that what he was
    listening to from Paul Ryan was completely untrue. Seems to me that he felt he'd be better off smiling than crying. Vice President Biden had every reason to be upbeat...his
    message was truthful, studied, and harkened to a new recovery which is undeniable.
    The new numbers are so encouraging that the Romney/Ryan backers think they must
    be "cooked." Pitiful that they can't even be happy for the country they say they want to
    serve.
  • K-ZOOMI... Frannin 2012/10/13 23:51:59
    K-ZOOMI-----0
    +1
    So the repeated requests for more Marines in Libya that were DENIED, was false just because Biden said Obama didn't know? I guess laughing and smirking about the murder of four Americans makes Biden right!
  • knothead K-ZOOMI... 2012/10/14 02:48:30
    knothead
    +1
    You are absolutely right.
  • knothead Frannin 2012/10/14 02:47:51
    knothead
    +1
    Guess you dont listen to the news or watch it or even read it. Biden and Oscumo are lying through their teeth as do Demoncrats as usual. Are you really afraid of the truth?
    Agree
    +1
    Yeah, that guy made an ass of himself.
  • fcombs 2012/10/13 00:41:56 (edited)
    Agree
    fcombs
    +1
    It was a distraction tactic. He was carrying on laughing and acting like a moron so that people were distracted by his behavior and didn't hear what Ryan said because they were trying to figure out WTF he was laughing about. I realized this when I realized that was the effect it was having on me. The split screen is a terrible idea, and they need to do away with it so that this doesn't happen again.
  • LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH 2012/10/13 00:33:56
    Agree
    LADY LIBERTY SILLY WORDSMITH
    +1
    DEFINITELY, and AS FAKE AS HIS PLASTIC TEETH! SIGH!!!
  • Frank 2012/10/12 23:39:19
    Agree
    Frank
    +1
    He is arrogant.. Pretty sad..
  • Teddy 2012/10/12 22:22:01
    Disagree
    Teddy
    +1
    better to laugh than call him a liar.
  • deBrice 2012/10/12 21:23:01
    Disagree
    deBrice
    He has amazing white teeth he should expose them!
  • Buzz 2012/10/12 21:12:03
    Agree
    Buzz
    +1
    Creepy and phoney at the same time.
  • Irish little 2012/10/12 20:30:44
    Agree
    Irish little
    +1
    Well, put a few wiskers on him and you would have a chessycat that thought he had the mouse.
  • firelooker 2012/10/12 20:02:49
    Agree
    firelooker
    +3
    Biden reminded me of a drunk in a bar grinning stupidly & not knowing why he was grinning.
  • syl firelooker 2012/10/12 20:14:46
    syl
    Exactly! & practically falling off his chair, because he doesn't have his wits about him!
  • firelooker syl 2012/10/12 20:19:06
    firelooker
    And I have always despised drunks.
  • syl firelooker 2012/10/12 20:32:28
    syl
    +2
    Yup, & to have a Vice Pres. acting like one, is really shameful-& the libs defend it!
  • firelooker syl 2012/10/12 20:35:38
    firelooker
    +1
    of course they do! They see nothing wrong w/ his behavior because that's the way they all behave.
  • syl firelooker 2012/10/12 20:48:54
    syl
    Sorry state of affairs. the politicians need a purging. When Romney says he wants less government, they all pee in their pants-they want a life long living high on the hog-government job of doing nothing, & getting paid millions to do it.
    No wonder Obama's run up $6 trillion in debt in 4 yrs!!!
  • syl firelooker 2012/10/18 00:00:16
    syl
    One idiot newschannel called Biden's behavior "lively"! Can you believe it? At least Chris Wallace called it for what it is, right afterward. Of course nobody played HIS opinion much! They're too busy brown nosing Ovomit.
  • knothead syl 2012/10/14 02:50:43
    knothead
    +1
    Hey maybe Oscumo gave him some of his weed to use. After all the prez used it and more and probably still does.
  • syl knothead 2012/10/17 23:56:16
    syl
    You're probably right! & it gave him a buzz right off his arse- seat. He was probably having a panic attack-just think what him & Ovomit have to do to keep track of all their lies!!! Without teleprompters!! OMG!!!!
  • syl 2012/10/12 18:18:09
    Agree
    syl
    +2
    Biden looked like a Meth head. He looked high on something-& Rude to the max..
    -squirming-he couldn't sit still
    -sneering
    -smirking
    -laughing
    -interupting repeatedly

He was arrogant, demeaning..Disgusting display of Obama's administration. Crude Chicago thug politics. Lying, twisting the truth..

Biden was an embarrassment to our country.

Ryan was a gentleman-even with the freak moderater who was biased, rudely talking over him, & Biden doing the same thing.
  • firelooker syl 2012/10/12 20:05:06
    firelooker
    +2
    Biden was the face of the egotistical Obam administration. Arrogant & condescending.
  • syl firelooker 2012/10/12 20:10:56
    syl
    +1
    Yes-that's the look him & Obama give to the nation & to the world, & their track record is even worse.

That's why they attack & lie non-stop.
  • firelooker syl 2012/10/12 20:11:32
    firelooker
    Yep!
  • knothead syl 2012/10/14 02:52:59
    knothead
    You got that 200% right. If only more people could realize that.
  • syl knothead 2012/10/18 00:03:25
    syl
    It's no wonder the world is not liking us, with crooks in the top level of our government. & what a debacle that Ovomit treats our best allie, Israel, like garbage. I hope that comes back on his head. What you reap you will sow.
  • knothead syl 2012/10/14 02:52:00
    knothead
    Maybe he was squirming because he had to go to the little boys room. Or worse.
  • syl knothead 2012/10/18 00:07:45
    syl
    One thing's for sure-I'll never forget that nasty, ugly looking face, & the trash he represents.
  • pepper 2012/10/12 18:12:12
    Agree
    pepper
    +2
    I had a hard time watching Biden, he's a bully. I was embarrassed by the way he acted. I hope he watches the debate and he'll see how he came across. Anyone that would be proud of that is a bully, it was over the top.
  • firelooker pepper 2012/10/12 20:07:38
    firelooker
    +1
    i'm sure biden will watch it & think he did great! He's the epitome of the left arrogant, condescending & rude know it all lying thru his teeth.
  • Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~ 2012/10/12 17:57:31
    Agree
    Doc Freeman BTO-T-TB~pwcmjla~
    +2
    Biden reminded me of a drunk at a party that was loud and wanted to prove that he knew it all and Ryan didn’t have a clue. He is the type of person I try very hard to avoid at any gathering.
  • firelooker Doc Fre... 2012/10/12 20:09:12
    firelooker
    +1
    i've known a few drunks like that and beat the crap out of a few of them too. wish I could do the same to the rest of those arrogant idiots.
  • tdterry1999 2012/10/12 16:55:23
    Agree
    tdterry1999
    +1
    Acxting like a two year old.I bet he got that from Obama.
  • firelooker tdterry... 2012/10/12 20:10:15
    firelooker
    +1
    More than likely he was that way b4 Obama but learned he could get away w/ it under Obie wan
  • Bob DiN 2012/10/12 16:29:44
    Agree
    Bob DiN
    +2
    Biden was a rude arrogant immature jerk. His smile was more like a smirk. He deserved to lose the debate.
  • miztemecula 2012/10/12 16:18:52
    Disagree
    miztemecula
    Was Joe Biden immature?
    Hardly.

How can you not laugh when Senator Ryan criticizes the Obama administration's stimulus package as am example of out of control spending after accepting funds for his own district?

"I love that, I love that," Biden said, laughing. "This is such a bad program and he writes me a letter saying -- writes the Department of Energy a letter saying -- the reason we need this stimulus, it will create growth and jobs. His words. And now he's sitting here looking at me."

Biden added: "I wish he would just tell the -- be a little more candid," stopping himself from calling Ryan a liar.

How can you not laugh when Senator Ryan criticizes the Obama administration's lack of security in Benghazi after Ryan, [Rep. Darrell] Issa and other House Republicans voted for an amendment in 2009 to cut $1.2 billion from State operations, including funds for 300 more diplomatic security positions. Under Ryan’s budget, non-defense discretionary spending, which includes State Department funding, would be slashed nearly 20 percent in 2014, which would translate to more than $400 million in additional cuts to embassy security.

(Source: The Washington Post’s Dana Milbank )

For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Depart...
    Was Joe Biden immature?
    Hardly.

For fiscal 2013, the GOP-controlled House proposed spending $1.934 billion for the State Department’s Worldwide Security Protection program — well below the $2.15 billion requested by the Obama administration. House Republicans cut the administration’s request for embassy security funding by $128 million in fiscal 2011 and $331 million in fiscal 2012. (Negotiations with the Democrat-controlled Senate restored about $88 million of the administration’s request.) Last year, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton warned that Republicans’ proposed cuts to her department would be “detrimental to America’s national security” — a charge Republicans rejected.
  • Michael 2012/10/12 16:14:05
    Agree
    Michael
    +5
    I cringed every time Biden smirked and laughed, making it most of the time. It was hard to watch. I never have seen such a consistent jerkiness attitude on subjects like medicare, social security, jobs lost, soldiers deaths. Thank goodness for the split screen, it nailed him!

2014/08/01 23:56:49