Twelve Year Old Girl's Letter to President Obama

RJ~PWCM~JLA 2012/09/19 15:39:48
Whether you agree or not is irrelevant.

It's about the children!

----

Deer President obama --

My teecher wanted us to wright you a leter saying how much we suport you, and sum of my frends complaned cause theyre famlies are for that man Willard (he has a funy name!), but I liked it cause my famly realy duz suport you.

My mommy sed withowt her food stamps that you send her evry munth, she culdn't aford her helth drinks. Do you drink them too? They must be realy helthy, cause mommmy starts drinking them as soon as she gets up at noon, and doesn't stop until she goes to bed!

And she really likes your Obama care, she says from now on she won't have to pay for her abortions, they'll all be free. And that wil be gud for us, cause she said she already had 12 or something like that, or maybe she said that was how many daddies I have, I always luze track of that lol! But it wil be gud, cause maybe then we can aford shoes for me.

Mommmy also sed that it's time for me to see a docter, since i'm twelve yeers old now. And now with your obama care she sed we can aford it cause it's free!! She sed I can get stuff so I won't have a baby, she sez I've just been lucky so far.

And mr President, I heard that in Calafornya weed is okay to smoke, cud you make it like that for everywhere, it wud be nice if mommy could stop getting arrested all the time.

Sinsearly,
Julia, age 12

• Michaelene 2012/09/19 17:58:02
    Michaelene
    +10
    This looks like papers that passed my desk when I taught 5th grade. In my third grade class, I had several 12 and 13 year old criminals, so bad that I had 3 security guards, which I thought was a waste of money until a 13 yr old 3rd grader tried to beat me with a desk.
    Here in Philadelphia, with nearly 50,000 physical assaults reported in the last 5 years (not counting those unreported) or the Asian/African American race riots, our students graduation rates are pitiful.

The system promotes and assigns teachers by seniority and tenure, not course knowledge. Although I have a degree in computer science and environmental science, another teacher was chosen as the 8th grade science teacher. I spent most of my afternoons mentoring students so they were prepared for high school physics, chem, biology, etc because that teacher spent the year studying the fascinating lives of spiders. NO JOKE.

More money thrown into a broken system does not fix the problem. Our principals from schools implicated in state test cheating have been promoted and are now getting raises!
    http://thenotebook.org/

Our last superintendent Arlene Ackerman, made 450k per year, was fired in her first year but collected her full 900k contract while we had to hire another Super. Then she actually had the gall to f...

http://thenotebook.org/

Our last superintendent Arlene Ackerman, made 450k per year, was fired in her first year but collected her full 900k contract while we had to hire another Super. Then she actually had the gall to file for unemployment all while our school budget is hundreds of millions in the red.

"In all, officials say the deficit has grown from $218 million to somewhere between $255 million and $282 million."

2015/08/28 17:09:26