TSA: Man Caught Trying To Conceal Knife Inside Jar Of Mayo At JFK Airport.

★~DoctorWhoGuru~★ 2012/04/05 00:35:59

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) — TheTransportation Security Administration said security screeners at John F. Kennedy Airport caught a man trying to sneak a knife onto a flight by putting it in a full jar of mayonnaise.

TSA Spokeswoman Lisa Farbstein said screeners stopped the man Tuesday before he headed on a trip to Mexico City.

Farbstein told 1010 WINS a TSA officer at the airport came upon the discovery when carry-on luggage was being screened.

“One of the TSA officersspotted something very unusual and when they did a closer inspection, it turned out that somebody had pushed his leatherman knife into a full container of mayonnaise,” she said.

The hiding spot may not have been the brightest idea, considering TSA rules require liquids and gels, even mayo, to be in a 3.4-ounce or smaller container.

“The mayonnaise jar was larger than that, so ironically he was trying to smuggle a prohibited item inside of another prohibited item,” Farbstein said.

The knife was taken from the man, who was not arrested. He was permitted to fly to his destination.

Do you think the man should have been allowed on the plane?

Read More: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/04/03/tsa-man-cau...

• Reggie☮ 2012/04/06 18:05:12
    Reggie☮
    +1
    Yes. I would love to have been there to see these idiots. This must have been the find of the year. Was the entire airport put on lock down. I think this story is just to distract attention from the pilot gettting hot coffee thrown in his face.
  • mewycg 2012/04/05 03:06:30 (edited)
    mewycg
    +2
    Well ya can't make a sandwich in flight without mayo and a utensil to spread it with, unless you're gonna spread it on the bread with your hands. I'll bet he also had bread, lunch meat and cheese in his carry-on that they failed to mention. The traveler is prolly a walking deli.
    (typo edit)
  • Idiot r... mewycg 2012/04/05 16:39:17 (edited)
  • mewycg Idiot r... 2012/04/06 03:06:55
    mewycg
    +2
    Yup, exactly. Lolz, that's what I think it was like, deli in his coat.
  • Prog~Exterminator 2012/04/05 00:44:25
    Prog~Exterminator
    +1
    Sheeesh,... a carbon fiber blade pushed into a banana is far more clever.
  • Idiot repubs 2012/04/05 00:40:24
    Idiot repubs
    +2
    I knew they should have had Mayonaise on the no fly list!
  • Keeping... Idiot r... 2012/04/05 12:00:29
  • Kashee 2012/04/05 00:39:48 (edited)
    Kashee
    +2
    Does this mean we can no longer take mayonnaise on a flight? I'm not sure I can fly without my own jar of mayonnaise.

say no to mayonnaise
  • nicwillams 2012/04/05 00:38:28
    nicwillams
    +2
    hes a dirty hoe

2014/10/26 03:02:53