TSA kicks Disabled Vets Service Dog!!! What say you??

Space Invader 2012/07/25 22:26:20
dogkick

Jim Stanek is asking for your help to share his
story and help make a positive change for service dogs and their
disabled humans. http://www.dogheirs.com/
elleng/posts/1558-disabled-vet-asks-for-public-support-says-airline-workers-kicked-his-service-dog

• Doc. J 2012/07/25 22:55:31
    Fire the TSA employee and charge them with animal cruelty
    Doc. J
    +9
    Being both a veteran and a dog lover, this has me enraged....

I bet I would have no trouble rounding up a few of "the boys" here at Hood.
    The TSA is a bunch of friggin no load half assed wannabes, I bet we could have them
    sh!tting down both legs JUST by showing up looking pissed.

Every dog is a special creature, but a working dog, is worth more than any 100 TSA buckets of monkey spunk..

It's beyond time that "agency" was torn down.

DISBAND THE TSA!

• Tony 2012/07/26 20:26:54
    Tony
    The TSA needs to be disbanded permanently.
  • frank 2012/07/26 17:22:52
    frank
    Just firing him is not enough
  • Elleryqueen 2012/07/26 15:19:39
    Elleryqueen
    It's time to give the TSA (To Suck Azz) the boot. Arrest those involved for cruelty to animals. Cruelty to animals should have a sentence of 5 years and a day. Adding the day at the end eliminates any possibility of parole or probation.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/07/26 12:27:44
    Jeff Smith
    +1
    And this TSA agent is still alive?
  • Red 2012/07/26 08:56:41
  • stormy rae 2012/07/26 06:00:24 (edited)
    stormy rae
    +1
    The option to TERMINATE the TSA is not here!

watch the video! and please listen to the LYRICS!

• Pele Emerging 2012/07/26 05:29:41 (edited)
    Pele Emerging
    +4
    Fire ALL TSA and get rid of what doesn't work.

I'm editing this for two reasons. First, even though I dislike TSA, it was not TSA who is accused of kicking the service dog, but United Airlines employees. Here's a link to the article--I had to search for it with the link provided above. http://www.dogheirs.com/ellen...
    +2
    As a Service-Connected Disabled Military Retiree myself ..
    and knowing the value of the WORKING Service Dogs ..

FIRE That POS who kicked the dog ..
    CUFF him .. charge him with whatever crimes he can be charged with
    (including Animal Cruelty)
    STIFF Sentencing ..
    and make sure that Criminal Record is on him forever ..

then PERMANENTLY DEFUND the TSA ..
    long past the time to REMOVE the cruel, disgusting .. predators from our lives/transit sites.
  • Pele Em... sglmom 2012/07/26 05:38:03
    Pele Emerging
    +2
    I read the article and it wasn't TSA (as much as dislike them, this time they are not at fault), it was United Airlines! It is appalling that they treated a disabled vet this way and to kick his dog, well, they should be booted themselves.
  • sglmom Pele Em... 2012/07/26 13:55:50
    I've been through TSA as a Disabled Veteran Myself (with my Braces on my Legs and my necessary devices (including my Cane).

Needless to say .. the way I was treated .. (URRGGGHHHH) .. no one should ever experience that (and given that I do set off the metal detectors (namely because of the metal in my body) .. and then add on top of it taking MY CANE .. then damaging it because they do NOT know how it folds and collapses .. forcing me to walk through the scanners withOUT assistance (which is difficult enough) .. then feeling up (shudder) .. this is all reasons why TSA needs to go! (DEFUND PERMANENTLY)

NO Matter who did this .. FIRE the POS .. Cuff him .. slam the jail door shut .. and leave the CRIMINAL Record/Charges in its permanent record .. make it impossible for the POS to get a job ever again ..
  • Pele Em... sglmom 2012/07/26 17:48:00
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    I have a knee replacement, so I also set off the alarms. Fortunately, I have no trouble walking unassisted, but I have also been subjected to what, if not performed by TSA, would constitute assault! As much as I dislike TSA and feel there are enough incidents, like convicted sex offenders groping people, to permanently find a better solution.

However, I do not like accusing TSA of something that THIS TIME, they were not guilty of at all. This was all United Airlines. The one who kicked the dog should definitely be fired and arrested for animal abuse. There was no excuse. The person said he was 'afraid' of dogs, but I have NEVER seen a service dog who even displayed curiosity about another person. They are trained to mind their own business. So, this idiot got violent with an animal which was in no way threatening him. I don't believe he was frightened. I think he was a bully. As for the ticket agent who called the guy a moron, well, he in no way makes up for the other agents who came to the man's aid and helped him. In these days of tight budgets and people out of work, fire the arrogant ones and promote the ones who do their jobs with courtesy and compassion.
  • sglmom Pele Em... 2012/07/27 01:56:46
    THANKS for the reply ..
    (YES, I do agree the one who abused the dog .. as well as those who tortured the disabled vet (or degraded him) need to be FIRED ..
    and TSA .. does need a replacement too .. (DEFUND and let the function go private to each airport -- I can say that I had better treatment at Customs than at the hands of TSA .. at least Customs has respect for the Disabled and the Servicemember)

Those Service Animals are TRAINED to NOT react with any aggression at all .. I have friends with them .. and they are the gentlest .. and yes, one should never touch a working dog when they are working either (unless it is that person's working animal).

(sorry you also experience the Sexual Assaults at TSA hands .. It is very much an ASSAULT .. A violation of our persons .. and if anyone else does this .. they'd be sitting in a cell in protective Custody because of the Charges of Sex Assault/Predation .. (and I know that there's those in TSA .. working .. who are definitely SEX PREDATORS (of all things .. URRRGGHHH)) ..
  • Pele Em... sglmom 2012/07/27 02:13:05
  • sglmom Pele Em... 2012/07/27 02:18:42
    +1
    Exactly!
    (if someone was intent on committing an act of violence .. they sure wouldn't be setting off all kinds of alarms because of medical devices in the body (or other reasons for metal too .. ) and we certainly wouldn't be walking with real canes or anything else ...

(really .. they should NOT Be feeling our .. PRIVATE parts at all (nor in any sexually predatory way looking down our shirts or pulling on our slacks either (in public no less) .. It was definitely humiliating .. and then to have them demand I take the metal out .. WTH? How the blazes am I going to do that withOUT more surgery?)

This whole TSA routine .. is more about CONTROLLING the movement of the LEGITIMATE, Law-Abiding CITIZEN .. than it is about letting us be 'safe' ..
  • Pele Em... sglmom 2012/07/27 05:20:39
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    It doesn't protect us; it harasses us, but gives some deluded people a sense of false security. I am thankful that I can drive!
  • sglmom Pele Em... 2012/07/27 11:05:52
    +1
    That's why I'm glad I've got good folks that can drive me places (and go where I go too) ..
    taking any form of public transit is a pain in the rear now .. too much harassment ..

And It made me seriously ANGRY when the disabled transit told me that I needed a sighted escort when going on Medical Appointments .. GOOD GRIEF .. I'm now BLIND .. not completely incompetent .. I KNOW what I am doing .. I have my devices that tell me where I am .. what is there in front of me to scan and /read/ .. The body may be disabled .. but the mind is NOT (and I do NOT need to be treated as a child!)
  • Pele Em... sglmom 2012/07/27 12:59:44
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Good grief! My mom was fortunate when she could no longer drive, that either my ex or I could get her to appointments. I used to go with her to help her keep straight the info, but she was in her 80's and was still sharp right up to the end!
  • sglmom Pele Em... 2012/07/27 14:15:36
    +1
    I'm also sure your MOM Appreciated the dignity of having a wonderful daughter around too!
  • Pele Em... sglmom 2012/07/27 17:37:03
    Pele Emerging
    +1
    Those idiots who act like disabled means not having mental capacity have no clue. I went to college with a man who was totally blind. He navigated the entire campus using a white cane, and it was a pretty big campus.
  • AlexTheDrummer 2012/07/26 02:48:57
    AlexTheDrummer
    +2
    Animal cruelty, and disrespecting a disabled person. Even if he was not disabled, this is just plain uncalled for.
    The TSA has made many unwise, unreasonable decisions. They should not continue this way.
  • kaZappoo 2012/07/26 02:02:19
    kaZappoo
    +2
    some one gave these people WAY TOO MUCH POWER ....
  • darwolf 2012/07/26 01:17:10
    darwolf
    +3
    The only animal in this case. Is the TSA.
  • sick'n'tired PWCM 2012/07/26 01:15:26
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2012/07/26 00:36:03
    Turn the TSA over to Private Company
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +3
    They are out of control and need to be privatized, enough is enough!
  • Jezey™ 2012/07/25 23:46:38
    Jezey™
    +5
    There is no doubt in my mind what would have happened if I had seen this. I would hope I had my boots on, because I would be stomping the crap out of the POS's! And then, I would have to call someone to come bail me out of jail!!! But that is fine, it would be worth it!
    mind hope boots stomping crap poss bail jail fine worth
  • words to live by 2012/07/25 23:25:46
    words to live by
    +3
    What has happened to American loyalty? They would have locked me up had I saw this happen! I would went off like a fat rat in a cheese factory!
  • Freeranger 2012/07/25 23:23:01
    Freeranger
    +3
    I think my opinion is....."unleash the dogs of war....."
  • Gooky 2012/07/25 23:20:08
    Gooky
    +6
    Put this TSA employee's name and face,out in public for everyone to see...i'd love to run into this POS,one day...my blood is boiling.
  • Mr Chin 2012/07/25 23:18:27
    Turn the TSA over to Private Company
    Mr Chin
    +1
    Privately owned companies would have canned the guy and given his employment record such a hotfoot that he wouldn't get another job.
  • Sissum71*AFCL* 2012/07/25 23:17:42
    Sissum71*AFCL*
    +6
    Damn it!! WTF is wrong with these people? Okay, that picture made me tear up. They better do something about this! Horrible..
  • Doc. J 2012/07/25 22:55:31
    Doc. J
    +9

DISBAND THE TSA!
  • Space I... Doc. J 2012/07/25 22:56:52
  • words t... Doc. J 2012/07/25 23:20:35
    Turn the TSA over to Private Company
    +4
    The TSA seems to be real good at hiring jackasses.
  • Karen E 2012/07/25 22:44:58
    Karen E
    +6
    this makes me livid...........now they abuse service animals too.......everything coming out like this, shows they do not care about protecting, only abusing.........and these sub human group are big sis employees , paid for by tax dollars......
  • Space I... Karen E 2012/07/25 22:50:58
    Space Invader
    +4
    they have to go!!!!!
  • Karen E Space I... 2012/07/26 01:28:13
    Karen E
    +1
    the whole kit and kaboodle, all...........
  • Bob, the reasonable one 2012/07/25 22:37:41
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +5
    OMG, being a retired military guy I would have probably launched myself at this employee and kicked the crap out of this person.....GRRRRRRR....I'm absolutely livid....so pissed off right now!!
  • Space I... Bob, th... 2012/07/25 22:40:04
    Space Invader
    +4
    When my wife showed this to me; it took some time to get my blood pressure down!!!
  • Bob, th... Space I... 2012/07/25 22:44:03
    Bob, the reasonable one
    +5
    I'm trying to calm down....but if I saw that in person nobody would be able to stop me from "getting some". When I see bullying, I go into warrior mode instantly.

2014/07/22 23:46:31