TSA breaks promise to study radiation effects of body scanners. WTF! Shouldn't the TSA have been required to do such a study FIRST, before subjecting passengers to possible cancer causing radiation, rather than use them as guinea pigs to experiment?

tncdel 2011/11/18 20:46:09

• Mr Wayne 2011/11/18 20:47:43
    YES, the TSA should have been required by the FDA to do an in-depth study aff...
    Mr Wayne
    +3
    But since when has a government agency really cared a whole lot about US citizens (or anyone else for that matter)?

• Icanbean Arschloch 2011/11/19 04:04:23
    Icanbean  Arschloch
    +1
    The TSA is part of Obama's brown shirt division. They just don't care.
  • WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA 2011/11/18 23:31:37
    WhereIsAmerica? ~PWCM~JLA
    +1
    Our government is so screwed up it boggles the mind.
  • bronx 2011/11/18 22:12:11
    bronx
    +1
    Thanks Obama and company! POOOF again this Administration cares less about its own people! Iz gots mine, who cares about you attitude!
  • tomas 2011/11/18 21:40:32
    tomas
    +2
    Just how f**king stupid is that? Sounds exactly like the current administration though..."we need to pass the bill to see what's in it". Same brain dead mentality.
  • Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮ 2011/11/18 21:19:17
  • ConLibFraud 2011/11/18 20:56:20
    ConLibFraud
    +2
    I will not go thru a radiation scanner. I will load up on baked beans and get gropped and leave them something to remember me by!
  • SteveMarine- JLA 2011/11/18 20:56:10 (edited)
    SteveMarine- JLA
    +2
    Yeah that's just common sense.. oh wait these people don't have common sense. Is the picture above an actual image of what they see? If so what was wrong with the original version of the body scans? Looks to me almost the same except now they can see more revealing things...what are these people some sort of perverted police agency?
  • Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll 2011/11/18 20:51:15
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    +1
    Radiation is all around us. Whats a little bit more going to hurt? lol
  • tncdel Mr.Hood... 2011/11/18 21:05:59
    tncdel
    +1
    Tell that to Madame Curie.
  • Mr.Hood... tncdel 2011/11/18 21:13:25
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    She'd tell me otherwise lol. Its hard to escape ionizing radiation.
  • Dan ☮ R... Mr.Hood... 2011/11/18 21:27:24
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    +1
    Its well known that X-Ray radiation and Gamma Ray Radiation is strong enough to cause cancer, even directly kill a person in a short period of time with a high enough exposure.

Its also well known that Alpha Particles released from radioactive elements (like Iodine) once inside your body can cause severe organ damage.

For Terahertz radiation, the specific radiation used in these scanners, it is also dangerous even though it's frequency is inbetween infrared and microwave. This is because it is the perfect frequency to resonate and unzip DNA. This unnatural method of unzipping can lead to leaving "bubbles" in the DNA that leave the strands extremely vulnerable to changes from various factors.
    The issue is only amplified by the fact that the federal government doesnt even enforce regulations on these machines and studies show that the machines are often put at 10-20 times the level of radiation they are suppose to be at. The TSA infamously claimed that this was because inspectors added up 10 machines and forgot to divide by 10, but at this point I'm certain that they are complete liars.
  • Mr.Hood... Dan ☮ R... 2011/11/18 21:41:57
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    I understand all that and that's why I don't fly. If all Americans stop flying they will get rid of the scanners. That's my stand on the issue. I don't even own a microwave because the thought of nuking my food isn't appealing lol.
  • Dan ☮ R... Mr.Hood... 2011/11/18 21:46:24
    Dan ☮ R P ☮ 2012 ☮
    In the free market system with airports running their own private security, the scanners would be removed, but I have serious doubts about the DHS removing them, as the people at the top running everything want a deindustrialized America and would probably love killing our ability to travel.
  • Mr.Hood... Dan ☮ R... 2011/11/18 21:51:23
    Mr.Hoodz the Truth Troll
    They killed the airport experience for me. I can tell you that.
  • Mr Wayne 2011/11/18 20:47:43
    Mr Wayne
    +3

2014/04/16 08:16:41