TRUE OR FALSE?: If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words and spoons make people fat.

tncdel 2012/12/27 00:11:49

• bdn1169 2013/07/06 02:35:37
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    bdn1169
    If guns are so bad and evil then why do you liberals want to see armed guards at the banks protecting your money but not your children. When you call the police when you are scared do you want them to bring their gun? And I guess every branch of the armed forces are the most evil of all because they all have some form of a gun at their disposal. How about all of them get rid of their guns so you can see what will happen. A gun is nothing more than a tool. Only thing that makes it SEEM evil is the person hellbent on carnage that makes it appear that way.
  • Near 2013/02/09 21:30:20 (edited)
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    Near
    Guy in China killed 22 kids and elder with a knife.
  • macy 2013/01/06 04:23:38
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    macy
    People kill people. Guns can be USED to kill people, as they can be USED to protect people. But they, themselves, do not kill people.
  • Writing on the wallz 2013/01/01 03:54:00
    FALSE [tell us why not].
    Writing on the wallz
    FALSE! because it is the person holding the gun, pencil, or spoon. the spoon doesn't make us fat... we do. the pencil doesn't misspell words, we do. guns can kill people but it takes the person holding the gun to allow it to do that. guns are tools, they deserve our respect to be used properly. without that respect for something that can do that much damage to somebody then we tend to look at as a toy. TO ALL OF YOU PEOPLE THAT HATE GUNS BUT HAVE NEVER FIRED OR HELD ONE TRY IT SOME TIME AND LEARN TO RESPECT IT! BECAUSE ONCE YOU FIRE IT I GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOU WILL DISCOVER JUST HOW GREAT THEY ARE! THEY DON'T JUST KILL PEOPLE THEY PROVIDE FOOD, DEFENSE, AND A GREAT DEAL OF STRESS RELIEF AT THE RANGE. IF YOU ARE FRUSTRATED AND NEVER FIRED A GUN GO TO A RANGE AND TRY ONE OUT 9 OUT OF 10 TIMES YOU WILL COME OUT FEELING MUCH BETTER ABOUT THINGS!!!
    :) thanks for taking the time to read that. I know it was a lot, its kind of something I'm passionate about. :P"
  • Ashley 2012/12/31 03:15:41
    FALSE [tell us why not].
    Ashley
    People do all of the above.
  • yaaarrrggghhh 2012/12/28 18:06:11
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    yaaarrrggghhh
    And blankets make people warm.
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    +1
    It the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
  • OPOA912 2012/12/27 17:46:20
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    OPOA912
  • hasher 2012/12/27 16:14:09
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    hasher
    +3
    same concept the pencil and spoon are useless until a person picks it up and uses it.
  • true american 2012/12/27 15:12:22
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    true american
    +2
    This is true because I could still eliminate someone with the pencil,or the spoon. This obviously would not be the best choice of weapons ,but anything in the hand of a person intending to commit a crime can be used for death.
  • Jeff Smith 2012/12/27 15:08:41
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    Jeff Smith
  • Robert Helms 2012/12/27 15:01:26
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    Robert Helms
    +2
    A very good question, and statement. A bit over used, nonetheless, good. I feel that it is a lack of accepting responsibility, and respect for human life. it is not the gun, as demonstrated in China, with cleavers or knives, or baseball bats!
  • Lorenz0 W. ElMenzo 2012/12/27 13:49:09
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    Lorenz0 W. ElMenzo
    +2
    True; Guns, don't kill people, people, kill other people! & yes, I'm from Tex. & have a permit, to carry a concealed weapon, so, don't fu*k, with, me! :)
  • lil crazy 2012/12/27 13:41:34
    FALSE [tell us why not].
    lil crazy
    +1
    I really hate these analogies.
    Pencils were made to write with, spoons were made to eat with, what were guns made for? To kill people with.
  • Lorenz0... lil crazy 2012/12/27 13:50:37
    Lorenz0 W. ElMenzo
    +2
    And where, did you read, that?
  • Robert ... lil crazy 2012/12/27 14:47:24
    Robert Helms
    +3
    And to protect yourself, family, property... and in this modern social order that we now live it is needed more and more. People who no longer have the value of life, or the responsibility and accountability will find a way to kill people!
  • A Found... Robert ... 2012/12/27 20:45:52
    A Founding Father
    Indeed so. And, they prove that today with record sales of WMDs as their fear is fanned by advertising and the NRA lobbyists. Of the thousands of military style weapons sold this month, a few will end up at the scene of another mass killing and we will again blame the shooter for being mentally ill. The mental illness begins with those who deny that these WMDs stimulate the borderline psychopaths by providing such ability to control so many and kill untill time comes to do the suicide thing and end the agony. How certain are you that your grandson isn't plotting to shoot up his school with your Bushmaster?
  • A Found... lil crazy 2012/12/27 20:38:37
    A Founding Father
    +1
    Explaining that fact to those in love with cold metal objects is a waste of time. They are no more likely to accept the truth of their psychological attachements than is a vampire likely to join you to watch the sunrise. Some "people" are most comfortable in the darkness of denial.
  • tncdel A Found... 2012/12/27 20:46:02
    tncdel
    +1
    Okay, so a spoon is indeed "a cold metal object." And if used to overeat, that too is misusing it.
  • A Found... tncdel 2012/12/27 21:06:43 (edited)
    A Founding Father
    Indeed so. That is why 50% of all Americans are obese and afflicted with all sorts of disease and illnesses that will shorten their lives and leave their children without parents or grandparents. Ignorance is not confined to those in love with a weapon of mass destruction and dreams of using it to kill a lot of people.

I had two acquaintances, both men in their thirties or early forties, who killed themselves with addictions to Twinkies and Coke. Both died at early ages of heart
    disease left behind by the thousands of little sweets they ate and the caffine from the Coke. Otherwise rather normal people, although one had a room full of military weapons from all over the world, his collection of worthless junk.
  • tncdel lil crazy 2012/12/27 20:44:37
    tncdel
    +2
    Yes, but what if the person MISuses those instruments? THAT is the point you're failing to grasp. Also WHAT TYPE OF "people?" You conveniently fail to differentiate between an innocent person or someone threatening to kill innocent people.
  • lil crazy tncdel 2012/12/28 01:52:42
    lil crazy
    I do grasp the concept but it is still a bad analogy in my opinion.
    And why would I need to specify what type of people?
  • Liberty lil crazy 2012/12/27 20:47:59
    Liberty
    +1
    and guns are to protect our homes, families, and our lives
  • Writing... lil crazy 2013/01/01 03:56:58
    Writing on the wallz
    how wrong you are! guns were made not only for defense but also to provide food for a family! Try researching things and use your brain cells because if you don't use it, you lose it!
  • Writing... Writing... 2013/01/01 03:58:30
    Writing on the wallz
    and yes they were used for defense before they were used for hunting I do know that.
  • lil crazy Writing... 2013/01/02 02:17:04
    lil crazy
    for defense how? Shooting someone, very possibly killing them. Providing food how? There were things people used to "kill" their food before guns were invented but either way you look at it, they still were made for killing so why don't you use your brain cells.
  • Writing... lil crazy 2013/01/09 04:05:48
  • lil crazy Writing... 2013/01/09 13:44:19
    lil crazy
    Your the one who said I was wrong about guns being made to kill and told me to use my brain cells. I doesn't matter that you can use them to threaten to kill, there purpose is for killing and I never said if I thought that was a good or bad thing. I just hate the stupid analogies and all the false statistics people use.
  • Writing... lil crazy 2013/01/09 19:11:14
    Writing on the wallz
    well then lets agree to fix that by using correct statistics and by being responsible in our actions. how does that sound?
  • lil crazy Writing... 2013/01/10 01:56:55
    lil crazy
    sounds good to me
  • Carter B lil crazy 2013/08/23 00:04:32
    Carter B
    +2
    Guns were made to protect your family, your country, and to hunt animals not only to kill civilians.
  • lil crazy Carter B 2013/08/23 02:29:01
    lil crazy
    It is still killing if you kill someone to protect your family, your country or to hunt an animal. It doesn't matter what or who you kill with a gun it doesn't change the purpose of the gun. That is my point. Just like a pencil is used to write with I can write a love poem, a death threat or as the analogy says mispell words with it but it doesn't change the purpose of the pencil.
  • The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA 2012/12/27 10:47:24
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +4
    Pretzel logic, simply garbage! You forgot one,...."Liberals make the world suck!"
  • tncdel The Bir... 2012/12/27 20:47:43
    tncdel
    +2
    I have no problem with true Liberals. It's the globalist commie-socialist "Progressives" calling themselves "Liberals" nowadays who indeed "suck" from America's standpoint.
  • The Bir... tncdel 2012/12/28 08:14:43
    The Birdman ~ PWCM~JLA
    +1
    They are all complicit in the agenda, regardless of being useful idiots or full on corrupt-o-crats! The end goal is in their minds, and it's not what the founding fathers intended, evidenced by all their warnings early on!
  • AdmrlLocke 2012/12/27 10:01:17
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    AdmrlLocke
    +4
    And hypodermic needles turn people into addicts.
  • GoDucks5 2012/12/27 09:02:54
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    GoDucks5
    +4
    Well that's liberal's logic. They want to blame the object they use instead of the person.
  • Robert ... GoDucks5 2012/12/27 14:51:22
    Robert Helms
    +3
    glassy eyed liberals never (part of our new culture), accept responsibility. They will always blame someone else, or something for their wrong choices. They will never admit a mistake or failure.
  • A Founding Father 2012/12/27 02:13:01
    TRUE [comment as you wish].
    A Founding Father
    +1
    There are some undeniable similarities in the three things you try to unite. First is the spoon, which people without self control use to make themselves fat. Second is the pencil, which people with too little education use to misspell words and write senseless
    comments here on SH. Third is the gun which many people who lack self control or are undereducated and often stupid or mentally deficient in some manner use to commit mass murders. There might be a series of links here that a competent psychiatrist could explain.
    That may be the explanation of why so many love the WMDs more than human life, even their families and children of the neighborhood.
  • Angi 2012/12/27 02:11:50
    FALSE [tell us why not].
    Angi
    +2
    Pencils were invented to write with and spoons were invented to eat with and guns were invented to kill with. But good choice of tools because I would use the pencils and spoons, I would gather people together give them a pencil to write down their thoughts to use the spoons to eat the meal that could be shared to think up and write down ideas to prevent guns from being used.

2014/04/23 13:45:34