Trayvon Martin Day Declared at D.C. Elementary School

ordman 2012/05/29 16:28:45

We may never know exactly how or why young Trayvon Martin was killed that dark February night in Sanford, Fla., but the slaying which has provoked nationwide protests has now prompted something even more unique nearly 900 miles away.

In an effort to better educate students and their parents about race relations and social injustice, a D.C. elementary school has declared Friday “Trayvon Martin Day.”

Teachers at Malcolm X Elementary in Southeast are using the unfolding case and the story surrounding Martin as part of their "Let's Keep Our Children Safe" seminar.

Malcolm X Elementary Principal J. Harrison Coleman says that she hopes the lesson will help reduce the needless violence and bullying in the community.

"The children at Malcolm X know the name Trayvon Martin," Coleman said. "They know the incident. They know because of what they see in the news and what they experience every day.

Read More: http://nation.foxnews.com/trayvon-martin/2012/05/2...

• LarryFine 2012/05/29 17:19:33
    I’m confused I thought that Friday was Osama bin Laden career day at Malcolm ...
    LarryFine
    +3
    More stupidity. Celebrate his death and then have his killer justifiably acquitted as will happen. Kinda like Odimwit marketing his frightcare as it is about to be struck down.

• jimih67 2012/05/29 18:10:27
    jimih67
    +2
    What they are teaching these children is to play the victim card and to hell with due process and the American Justice System.
  • LarryFine 2012/05/29 17:19:33
    LarryFine
    +3
  • whitewulf--the unruly mobster 2012/05/29 17:06:50
  • john Kills 2012/05/29 16:53:17
    john Kills
    +3
    evidence suggest the martin deserved to die that night. be careful of the fights you pick
  • ordman 2012/05/29 16:30:13
    “It doesn’t mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not aga...
    ordman
    +3
    “It doesn’t mean that I advocate violence, but at the same time, I am not against using violence in self-defense. I don’t call it violence when it’s self-defense, I call it intelligence.”
    Quote by Malcolm X.

I guess that Malcolm X would have considered Zimmerman to be a pretty smart man.

2014/10/23 02:30:38