Tracking polls Likely VOTERs is not the same as tracking polls.. that fill most Clear politics Remember polls are a snap shot in time

iamnothere 2012/09/02 13:56:14
There are always 3 or 4 people here who will dispute the polls.. telling you no it is this it is that.. Polls that track with LIKELY voters are always MUCH closer to the reality of how the elections will turn out are much closer.

So a few days out and we have two of the most accurate polls showing Romney got his expected bounce from the RNC convention. while the other polls from Real Clear Politics still show things like people who are not likely to leave their homes and not vote still favor Obama.. (wondering how many of these people are living in their parents basements.. how many are on welfare and how many are collecting from the Federal government for things like food stamps and unemployment insurnace that has been extended from 13 weeks to 99 weeks)

From Rasmussen

Sunday, September 02, 2012

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows Mitt Romney attracting support from 48% of voters nationwide, while President Obama earns 44% of the vote. Three percent (3%) prefer some other candidate, and five percent (5%) are undecided.

Just prior to this past week's Republican National Convention, Romney trailed the president by two. Today’s four-point advantage confirms that the GOP hopeful has received the expected convention bounce. See daily tracking history. Romney also has gained ground in the swing state tracking results updated daily for subscribers at 10:00 a.m. Eastern.

Matchup results are updated daily at 9:30 a.m. Eastern (sign up for free daily e-mail update). Platinum Members can see demographic details from the tracking poll and additional information updated on a daily basis.

During August, the number of Republicans in the country reached the highest level ever recorded by Rasmussen Reports. In each of the recent election cycles, the victorious party has gained in net partisan identification over the course of the election year.

What America Thinks, a nationally syndicated TV show hosted by Scott Rasmussen, will debut next Saturday on more than 50 television stations across the country. Find stations in your area.

If you’d like Scott Rasmussen to speak to your organization, meeting or conference, please contact Premiere Speakers.

(Presidential Job Approval Data Below)

organization meeting conference contact premiere speakers presidential job approval data
A president’s job approval rating is one of the best indicators for assessing his chances of reelection. Typically, the president’s job approval rating on Election Day will be close to the share of the vote he receives. Currently, 48% of voters say they at least somewhat approve of the president's job performance. Fifty-one percent (51%) at least somewhat disapprove of the job Obama is doing (see trends).

Forty-eight percent (48%) trust Romney more than Obama on the election’s top issue, the economy. Forty-four percent (44%) trust the president more. The good news for Romney is that he still has the edge on this issue. The good news for Obama is that Romney’s advantage has been shrinking over the last few months.
=============================================================
From Gallup
http://www.gallup.com/poll/150743/Obama-Romney.aspx

From real clear
http://realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/

+1
    And yes, the vote in an election is a "Snap Shot " of a point in time.......TOO

So your pont is???????????????
  • Arizona1950 2012/09/02 14:18:19
    Arizona1950
    +1
    The polls do not reflect that it is a 3-Party race. There will be 3 candidates on the ballot in all 50 states.

I will vote for Gary Johnson and I hope others join me in doing so ... we only need 34% of the vote to take our country back!

• iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/02 15:03:54
    iamnothere
    +1
    guess you are right.. one tenth of one percent of the voters have a clue that there is a libertarian on the ballot.. and perhaps 1/60 of those have a clue who he is or his platform.

That said.. he is non existant
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/02 15:05:06
    Arizona1950
    +1
    They will see it on voting day and all it will take is 34% of them to vote against the status quo to win.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/02 15:10:36
    iamnothere
    +1
    you are a dreamer
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/02 15:11:10
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Yep ... just like our founders.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/02 15:25:53
    iamnothere
    keep waiting for you to explain what makes the libertarians.. heads and shoulders better and different than the other two parties

the biggest problem I see with the libertarians.. they abdicate one of the prime dictates .. strong military
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/02 16:38:18
    Arizona1950
    Let me see ...

Romney didn't apologize for his stand with the Patriot Act
    He didnt apologize for his stand with the NDAA
    nor did he stand and apologize for raising taxes in MA and calling them fees or his stand with TARP

.. however he did apologize to the Mormon Church for not following and taking steps to secure the pastors/priests (not sure what they are called so no insult meant or implied) a rich retirement as his fellow co-worker did for the Lutheran Church ... really you are sounding more ridiculous with every comment ... why not give it up and start educating yourself in regards to who Romney really is.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/02 16:46:19
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/02 17:07:19
    Arizona1950
    +1
    I know it doesn't matter ... I can tell by how you are going to vote. Now can I go now ... this is getting quite boring ... I don't have the patience for those who refuse to see the forest for the trees.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/02 17:09:24
    iamnothere
    I understand you.. you really are no different than supporters of Ron Paul.. both with wonderful ideas.. both totally un electable.. which does not say much for how poorly most of the electorate are informed.. or perhaps un informed is more appropriate
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/02 20:46:44
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Ohhh ... you embrace socialism ... sorry my mistake. See ya!
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/02 20:55:17
    iamnothere
    I am so far from socialism.. not even funny.. .. also so far from libertarian on some issues.. not funny either. That said.. think the war on drugs is stupid.. but also thing that people who use drugs for recreation are stupid.

I do believe in a strong national defense.. which puts me well at odds with both R Paul and the libertarians..

What I do agree with them about has mostly to do with the other economic and social issues that you seem to not understand that just goes to show the narrow mindedness of many ideologues even yourself
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/02 21:11:57
    Arizona1950
    Well there isn't a candidate for "I can't face reality" ... you either follow the status quo of socialism or you stand for liberty and the restoration of our Constitution and founding principles.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/03 04:14:10
    iamnothere
    Bain capital.. that is socialism?? hum... makes me wonder about your reality
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/03 04:21:28
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Hahahaha ... not in of itself ... but I think you know that ... playing smartass doesn't always have the effect you think it does. His direction and policies of supporting the Patriot Act, the NDAA, TARP, and the desire to grow government is more in line with socialism ...

Romney also favors cap-and-trade and a carbon tax, although he has addressed the issue obliquely in order to pretend he is some kind of “conservative” opposed to further decimating the middle class with taxation ... in all likelihood he will call it a fee.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/03 12:18:36
    iamnothere
    just reasons I will not support oscumbo.. as to cap and trade that is bull.. cannot kill the economy to force a new tax.
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/03 15:04:00
    Arizona1950
    A vote for Romney is a vote for Obama in direction and policies ...
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/03 20:52:30
    iamnothere
    and a vote for a libertarian means you might as well stay home and get 20 dead people voting for Obama
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/04 12:53:51
    Arizona1950
    We have a 3-Party ballot in all 50 states ... this in all likelihood will be the last time as the Dem/Repub tyranny takes another hold.

The last time Clinton won by 43% ... all your liar 'n chief wannabe needs is 34% ...

Sad ... this is why history repeats itself ... because so many will not think or act outside their comfort zone ... in other words they prefer denial.

You are a huge waste of my time ... bah-bye
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/04 12:56:34
    iamnothere
    suggest you look at 270 votes
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/05 00:34:57
    Arizona1950
    I suggest you take into consideration that the MSM doesn't show the results of the Independent or Libertarian vote.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/05 01:02:46
    iamnothere
    guess what.. I know that..
    though they do show when you look it up
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/05 01:20:11
    Arizona1950
    LOL ... I thought we said bye. Did it show that Johnson has polled at 40% nationwide ... he only needs 34% to win. Romney can't win ... after what was done at the RNC its on his shoulders that he was revealed as the thug he is ... and his numbers are going down because of it.

Romney is a shill ... you vote him and you will get Obama.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/05 10:33:29
    iamnothere
    kind of look at it this way.. for the country.. no matter who is elected.. the country is screwed..
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/05 12:58:32
    Arizona1950
    Yep and it is the Dems and the Repubs who screwed us ... vote either one and they will continue to do so because you are sending the message that you like it.

On the same idea of the old thought that when a women says no ... she really means yes. That is the message you are sending ... are you prepared to be raped again.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/05 13:28:06
    iamnothere
    as a friend says.. o is fast death by the NWO Mitt is slow death by NWO and Johnson is a split decision working for Obama and claiming to be libertarian
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/05 13:33:13 (edited)
    Arizona1950
    I heard a joke once on marriage ... for those who are not happy in it ... it is a long slow death.

The most successful third party in the 20th Century was the Socialist Party. While never winning any significant elections, their small-but-growing vote totals were a threat to the Democrats. The Democrats, and then later the Republicans, for votes and to grow government, have adopted every major tenet of the 1916 Socialist Party platform.

Libertarians are the opposite of Socialists. Libertarian radical ideas about liberty were shaped in 1971 and are now being seriously debated and, in some cases, implemented by the other parties as you must see in your responses alone. However an increasing number of Libertarian votes are continuously noted by the politicians as well as the media.

So rather than waste your vote on the continued direction of destruction that both the Democrats and Republicans have perpetrated against the American people, cast a meaningful ballot that clearly says you believe in our Constitution and the Law of the Land of individual freedom and liberty as set forth by our Founders.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/05 13:43:58
    iamnothere
    as time goes on dems are more progressive.. and with this new team i think they might be moving back towards personal liberty.. time will tell
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/06 03:19:20
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Oh I remember the joke now ... Its been proven that men live longer when married ... so if you want a long slow death!

The sheer word "progressive" means you are only wishing that they are moving back toward personal liberty.

You don't announce that its the government who we owe our sovereignty to or Corporations are people too and look towards either party directing us towards freedoms lost being restored.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/06 12:44:32
    iamnothere
    true thoughts
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/06 13:07:55
    Arizona1950
    +1
    Wow! We agree on something ... :-)
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/06 13:26:57
    iamnothere
    We agree on most things.. most of all that we need to rid the country of progressives and Obama
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/07 00:46:49
    Arizona1950
    don't forget the neocons ... progressives in disguise.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/07 11:08:53
    iamnothere
    most of us who are actually conservative.. are just as far from being progressive as you are
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/07 13:46:46
    Arizona1950
    Many like to play semantics whether they are aware of it or not ... the label is the most important thing to them.

My feeling is if you walk like a duck, talk, like a duck, and swim like one ... you are a duck! Following the choices and unconstitutional mandates of one party while professing to be of another ... reveals you are in fact a duck. You can call yourself anything you want but the fact is, character and your basic beliefs do not change with a label but are revealed.
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/07 13:52:35
    iamnothere
    so you think because I am not a libertarian I am a liar intersting
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/07 14:05:43
    Arizona1950
    If that's what you think ... its you who is looking in the mirror.

"If you do not take part in your governance, others gladly will do it for you."
    Matthew Papke
  • iamnothere Arizona... 2012/09/07 14:14:04
    iamnothere
    how many libertarians can you point to in congress or the WH?
  • Arizona... iamnothere 2012/09/07 14:21:53
    Arizona1950
    I don't know ... but I can check their voting record to see who most aligns with libertarian ideals ...

Oh here's a few here if you would like an instant answer ...

2014/09/19 17:54:23