Tough:) When a Marine/Soldier dies in battle/war, where do you think they go?

Twitch 2010/01/29 00:19:19
Well its like this
Heaven
Hell and regroup
Tough One. IDK either
Im just so lost on life right now, that if i would become a Marine, i might not make it to Heaven because I might have killed someone, but also there is forgiveness?

• Greatbear100~support our vets 2010/01/29 00:55:18
    Greatbear100~support our vets
    +5
    I believe they would go to heaven because they did not kill out of want, lust, greed but out of duty for their country. Many troops suffer for the rest of their lives because of what they have had to do in war and they feel guilty eventhough they had no choice.
    When we feel remorse for what we have done God forgives us and he knows we did not enjoy what we had to do for our country. There are so many of our troops who come back and commit suicide or suffer from depression or mental illness because they cannot accept what they have seen or done. Our troops deserve all your support and respect. They have been where no one wants to go and have had to face a part of ourselves many people will never have to see. For the most part our troops believe in this country, the land of the free, and would be so disappointed to learn that our freedoms that they are fighting for overseas are being taken away from all of us at home. My heart and soul aches when I think of our brave troops still in two wars and I pray for their safe return.

• Vintage 2010/02/02 02:27:28
    Heaven
    Vintage
    +1
    killing isint always wrong you see. If you had a chance to kill hitler you would right? that would have saved millions from dying.sometimes death is necessary for certain causes.
    and of course there is forgivness!! Jesus Christ has the ability to forgive us in a way only he can. its a wonderful thing=]
  • Kuldaboli (oYo) 2010/02/01 12:13:30
    Well its like this
    Kuldaboli (oYo)
    +2
    Whenever a warrior dies in battle they have four places where they can end up.
    The first is called "Hel" (yes, with one L) and it is a place of despair and agony; a place of punishment and pain unlike anything you can imagine.
    The second place a warrior can go to, is the holy mountain "Helgafjell" which is a mountain so holy that one may not even look in its direction without washing one's face first. It's a place of warmth, of drinking, of conversing, and a place where people would lead lives similar to the ones they had lived in the world of the living.
    The third place is Odin's hall in "Valhalla"; but that place is only open to those whose deaths were glorious ones. Upon their death, the warrior has the chance to be chosen by the Valkyries (Odin's shield maidens and choosers of the dead) and taken to Valhalla for an eternity of eating, drinking, fighting, and all out partying with the most beautiful women ever to walk the realms; the Valkyries themselves.
    The fourth and final place available to them, and this is if they're REALLY lucky, is to be personally chosen by Freyja, the goddess of love, beauty, fertility, gold, sorcery, war, and death, to spend an eternity in her graces at her home, "Folkvangr". This option is only available to those who have already been chosen by ...

The fourth and final place available to them, and this is if they're REALLY lucky, is to be personally chosen by Freyja, the goddess of love, beauty, fertility, gold, sorcery, war, and death, to spend an eternity in her graces at her home, "Folkvangr". This option is only available to those who have already been chosen by the Valkyrie to spend eternity in the realm of the gods; as it is a part of the deal that Freyja, the commanding officer of the Valkyrie and second in command only to Odin himself in Valkyrie affairs, struck with Odin. So, in short, Freyja gets to keep half of the warriors chosen by the Valkyrie for herself.
    I think that sounds like a pretty sweet deal, if you ask me. =)

For more info on death in Norse Paganism and further explanation of all terms, places, and persons involved:
  • Pablo 2010/01/31 00:38:49
    Well its like this
    Pablo
    +1
    Don't feel lost, son......you have a long and fruitful life ahead of you. It depends largely on what you do and how you treat people. As far as the military is concerned, it is a brave and adult decision, and not everybody is a brave as you are. If not for people like you, who will defend America ?
    There is always a special place in Heaven for the good and the brave but as long as you do your duty you will have nothing to fear.
    God Bless
    Pablo
  • rusty 2010/01/31 00:25:39
    Well its like this
    rusty
    it depends what the did
  • I quit!!! 2010/01/30 03:29:36 (edited)
    I quit!!!
    +1
    I think God would count them the same as he counts the rest of the world. What I mean is this. The wicked is counted with the wicked. The righteous is counted with the righteous. We Americans would count ourselves good and the enemy we would count them as bad. But God counts us all as we are to be counted in his eyes not as how man sees them. A righteous man goes to war because his country orders him to go. He prays every day for forgiveness of his sins. Then one day just after praying gets killed. He finds himself in heaven. A wicked man fighting in the same army as the righteous man. He does not pray and he gets killed. He finds himself in hell. Regardless of when or how you die on this earth we all still are counted, as the Lord God would have us counted. Weather or not you kill in war or not, your salvation is still dependent on the Lord your God. The act of killing or not killing has nothing to do with it. Your salvation is still dependent on The Lord your God. If you are righteous in Gods eyes you are counted amongst the righteous. If you are wicked in Gods eyes you are counted amongst wicked. It is that simple. It does not matter if you die in a plane crash, train pile up, earthquake, tornado, explosion, or any other means of death. You are still counted as The Lord God...
    I think God would count them the same as he counts the rest of the world. What I mean is this. The wicked is counted with the wicked. The righteous is counted with the righteous. We Americans would count ourselves good and the enemy we would count them as bad. But God counts us all as we are to be counted in his eyes not as how man sees them. A righteous man goes to war because his country orders him to go. He prays every day for forgiveness of his sins. Then one day just after praying gets killed. He finds himself in heaven. A wicked man fighting in the same army as the righteous man. He does not pray and he gets killed. He finds himself in hell. Regardless of when or how you die on this earth we all still are counted, as the Lord God would have us counted. Weather or not you kill in war or not, your salvation is still dependent on the Lord your God. The act of killing or not killing has nothing to do with it. Your salvation is still dependent on The Lord your God. If you are righteous in Gods eyes you are counted amongst the righteous. If you are wicked in Gods eyes you are counted amongst wicked. It is that simple. It does not matter if you die in a plane crash, train pile up, earthquake, tornado, explosion, or any other means of death. You are still counted as The Lord God should count you. The Righteous are counted with righteous. The Wicked are counted with wicked. Those who go to war are no worse off then those who don’t go to war. Your death on earth is not what you should be worried about. It is the condition of your spirit that you must be worried about. If your spirit is found to be a righteous spirit then God will send you to heaven. But if your spirit is found to be a wicked spirit you will be hell bound. Weather your government sends you to war or not makes no difference to God. It is the condition of your spirit that makes a difference to him. Blessings to all! Amen.
  • Twitch I quit!!! 2010/01/30 03:35:32
    Twitch
    +1
    Whooa, WOW, that was a deep and perfectly understandable comment for me to understand. I understand now.. thank you so much and God keep Blessing You!
  • I quit!!! Twitch 2010/01/30 03:51:48
    I quit!!!
    +1
    You are welcome. But always know that it is not me that blessed you with this understanding. Praise and Glory belongs to the Lord. Amen.
  • ♥ Emily the "Cutie Banana P... 2010/01/30 01:28:46
    Heaven
    ♥ Emily the "Cutie Banana Pie" ♥
    +1
    Every good person goes there.
    heaven person
  • Follow: @ColorMeBonita 2010/01/29 16:43:58
    Heaven
    Follow: @ColorMeBonita
    +2
    i believe they go to heaven for protecting us and they know they can lose their lives... i have two brothers who were in iraq
  • Ms. Brown Sugar 2010/01/29 14:37:58
    Heaven
    Ms. Brown Sugar
    +2
    I think it depends on if the person was a good person or not. I think God would understand. It wouldn't be like u killed them just to be killing them.
  • ~HopelessRomanticM17~ 2010/01/29 04:28:47 (edited)
    Heaven
    ~HopelessRomanticM17~
    +1
    I think you would still go to heaven. You killed because of loyalty..not because you wanted to
  • nightlight 2010/01/29 04:13:18
    nightlight
    +1
    To Valhallah.
  • retiredingeorgia 2010/01/29 01:55:21
    Well its like this
    retiredingeorgia
    +1
    I believe that It's what's in your heart that counts.
    I don't recall anyone in the Bible being condemmed to hell for defending themselves or others. (I could be wrong, but I don't thinks so.) God himself has slain multitudes: as in Sodom & Gomorrah, When Moses parted the Red Sea, When Noah built the Ark and the rains came, and many other times. Jesus told his disciples that there will always be wars and rumors of wars.
    I would say to follow what you think is the right thing to do.
    Best wishes.
  • Twitch retired... 2010/01/29 01:57:50
    Twitch
    Wow, you people up here are showin me more than i except most of you all would show, thank you soo much for that comment...
    Greatbear100~support our vets
    +5
  • Twitch Greatbe... 2010/01/29 00:59:19
    Twitch
    wow, you gave me a chill hear, and a few tears.. wow i didnt think of it this way.. I was lookin for answers bc i want to become a Marine sometime this year or next, and i have respect for all of them...Thank you for your answer
  • Feria~B... Greatbe... 2010/01/29 01:04:24
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    +1
    I wish I could rave you a million times for that.
  • Twitch Feria~B... 2010/01/29 01:08:04
    Twitch
    +1
    I know that uhh, that was and awesome comment right their.. i kinda have a few tears roll down my face
  • Feria~B... Twitch 2010/01/29 01:10:41
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    +1
    As did I.
  • Feria~Badass of PHAET~ 2010/01/29 00:49:34
    Heaven
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    +1
    They are fighting to protect the lives of Americans. They may have to kill people, but that is only in self defence and the defence of our nation. They, and everyone else in the military, are heros.
  • Twitch Feria~B... 2010/01/29 00:52:33
    Twitch
    +1
    yeah, but i had a deep thought about this and wondered if they could go the other way bc well, on the relgious side their is thou shalt not kill, but later on Jesus comes in and have forgiveness.. i know im not supposed to be the judge but i was just wondering.. well thanks for that wonderful answer...
  • Feria~B... Twitch 2010/01/29 01:03:46
    Feria~Badass of PHAET~
    It's 'Thou shall not Murder'. There is a huge difference. if someone is attepting to take your life or threaten another's life, it is said that you can take the actions to prevent this. Even killing. I can't remember exactly what verse... but it's there.
    Not a problem ^^ My step brother is a Marine, so I felt i had to answer.

2014/10/22 06:46:22