Top Ten told by Mitt Romney

Patrick Moser 2011/06/18 05:29:07

Repugnican 2008 presidential hopeful Mitt Romney is turning out to be a perpetual liar. His latest fib, about “seeing” his father march with Dr Martin Luther King, is receiving a lot of attention in the blogosphere, but this is just one of many lies Romney has fabricated.

In that light, here are the Top Ten told by Mitt Romney:

10. I am a Mormon -Why is your fairy tail (God) any better of worse

9. I am conservative

8. I am a hunter

7. I am the 2nd coming of Ronald Reagan

6. I cried when my church announced it would recognize blacks

5. I don’t get $400 hair cuts

4. I got tough on meth

3. I am tough on illegal immigration

2. My boys have served this country -LOL What Branch of the service did they serve in?? There service is working on there fathers campaigns.

1. I watched my father march with Martin Luther King

Bonus: #1: I am pro-life

10. Okay, Mitt Romney is a Mormon. Who cares? Obviously, every other religion in the world and many atheists care. They believe Mormonism is at best a disease, and at worst the Devil reincarnate. But I don’t give a damn. There are good Mormons and bad Mormons, just like everything else.

I hate it, though, when anybody stands up and tells me what their faith is. Don’t tell it — do it, be it, act it, live it. If you believe that Charlie Sheen is god, then, dammit, act like it. But don’t tell me, I’ll just think you’re freakin’ crazy.

9. Romney is not a Conservative. None of the self-described Republican candidates have any resemblance to a Conservative, in a fiscal sense or any other sense, except for maybe Fred “Flintstone” Thompson.

8. Brother, P-L-E-A-S-E! First, you were a hunter, without a license, then a varmint hunter. Come on, you hunt for campaign contributions, Elmer.

7. I knew Ronald Reagan, and you’re no Ronald Reagan! (Okay, I “knew” Ronald Reagan like Mitt “saw” his dad march with MLK — see #1 below.)

6. I bet he did, but not for the reason he implied. They weren’t tears of joy he shed, but rather tears of fears. White men are afraid of blacks, especially when it comes to sharing their faith. And aren’t blacks Islamic fundamentalists? That’s what our government and media want us to believe.

5. Right, you get $500 haircuts. You rich bastard. How you spend your money you made by eliminating jobs is your business, just be honest about it.

4. Tough on meth, just like he got tough on all crime. Read more here about his lies on crime fighting.

3. Tough on illegal immigration? Sure.

2. Romney’s sons are serving his campaign, and by ridiculous extension, since he’s running for president, this country. What a crock of bullshit.

1. Romney suffers from dictionary dyslexia. Like Bill Clinton and his “depends on the definition of is…”, Romney is now backpedaling on his physically seeing his father march with MLK to his daddy told him so, to the not-so-literal march in terms of “I had his back.” Such a complete liar.

Bonus #1. As I said before, don’t say it, do it. Romney, by his very actions, was effectively pro-choice. Now he says he’s pro-life. But there is not a shred of evidence to support his lie. Maybe that’s the way he feels, but his actions while an elected official seem to indicate otherwise.

Surely more lies will surface once Romney realizes he’s losing to a girl. Or a black man.

• BillboTex 2012/05/30 15:30:39
    BillboTex
    +1
    WOW Patrick, this is a TON of untrue, unfounded LIBERAL STYLE attacks on the ONLY man with a chance to defeat Obama in 2012. You must be either a stealth LIBERAL or an "Angry" Conservative with the goal of re-electing Obama in 2012?

Got any REAL PROOF of ANYTHING you "claim"? No? I didn't think so!

I know your LIBERAL agenda is not searching for truth, but if there is any honesty left inside your teenage body, look here http://goo.gl/u2lrR

or here Yes, ONLY "Angry" Conservatives - http://goo.gl/Z3rGM - can DEFEAT Obama in 2012 - Definition of "Angry" Conservative Liberals alone can not do it! NOBAMA 2012 ObamaCare
  • Patrick... BillboTex 2012/06/16 17:39:17
    Patrick Moser
    So according to you everyone is lies about Mitt and if you call Him on his lies your ether

“a stealth LIBERAL or an "Angry" Conservative with the goal of re-electing Obama in 2012”

But there are About 5,440,000 web sights with Mitt Flips and Lies and according to you they are all
    ether

I have listed the sources and on thous sources there are the references with the facts. Where can I find your assertion that all 5,440,000 web sights are lies Please give me you’re sourced disproving these lies??? Please.

Below of just a few of Mitt flips and lies with references:

For anyone trying to keep track of all of the lies Mitt Romney has been telling out on the campaign trail, and the list is a long one, one of the best references you're going to find out there is Steve Benen's weekly series, the latest of which you can find here -- Chronicling Mitt's Mendacity, Vol. XIV:

Lie or untruth or misleading on Obama's jobs record by Romney, using Romney’s own logic (touting jobs created but ignoring jobs lost), his attacks on President Obama's economic record are nonsensical. He told Time that Obama "has not created any new jobs," and he told Fox News last week that Obama has "lost" 2 milli...

ether

Lie or untruth or misleading on Obama's jobs record by Romney, using Romney’s own logic (touting jobs created but ignoring jobs lost), his attacks on President Obama's economic record are nonsensical. He told Time that Obama "has not created any new jobs," and he told Fox News last week that Obama has "lost" 2 million jobs as president. This is indeed a net figure, but also a misleading one. When Obama took office, the economy was shedding jobs at a rate of nearly 1 million jobs per month, losing roughly 3 million during the first four months of 2009. But presidential policies don't take effect as soon as the incoming chief takes his oath. Once Obama's policies started to take effect, the trend turned. The country had added 3.2 million private sector jobs over the course of 22 straight months of private sector growth. By Romney's definition, the president has created more than 3 million jobs—not enough, but also not none.

SOURCE: Read the U.S. News debate: Will Mitt Romney Be the GOP Presidential Nominee?

"Entitlement society." Romney has argued that Obama "is replacing our merit-based, opportunity society with an entitlement society," where "everyone is handed the same rewards, regardless of education, effort, and willingness to take risk." As New York's Jonathan Chait has observed, "This accusation is approximately as accurate as claiming that the Republican Party wants to pass laws forbidding poor people from making more money." The idea that President Obama (or any Democrat) advocates for equality of outcomes simply lacks a basis in fact.

Defense cuts. In an October speech on national security, Romney promised to "reverse President Obama's massive defense cuts." One problem: Pentagon spending has gone up under Obama, from $594 billion in 2008 to $666 billion. The 2011 request was for $739 billion. As Rick Perry would say, "Oops."

SOURCE: Read the U.S. News debate: Are Cuts to the Defense Budget Necessary?

The shift in Romney's positions on some issues is so stark and self-serving it speaks to a level of political cynicism that is breathtaking. Take his positions on abortion as an example, bearing in mind that in his latest pro-life incarnation he claims he never adopted the term "pro-choice."

"I believe that abortion should be safe and legal in this country. I have since the time when my Mom took that position when she ran in 1970 as a U.S. Senate candidate. I believe that since Roe v. Wade has been the law for 20 years that we should sustain and support it, and I sustain and support that law and the right of a woman to make that choice."
    Senatorial debate (1994)

"I respect and willfully protect a woman's right to choose. That choice is a deeply personal one, and the women of our state should make it based on their beliefs, not mine and not the government's."
    GOP acceptance speech (2002)

"I've never called myself pro-choice."
    Redstate interview (2006)

He attributed his right-to-choose convictions to a family tragedy. A young relative named Ann Keenan died as a result of a botched abortion. Following that in 1994 Romney told voters he had switched from anti-abortion to pro-choice. It didn't last long. In 2005 when he was looking at a run on the GOP ticket he reversed positions and declared that he was anti-abortion.
    Mitt Romney casts himself as tough on illegal immigration in a new ad in which he says that, as Massachusetts governor, "I authorized the State Police to enforce immigration laws." He doesn't mention that his order never took effect. It came in the closing days of his administration and was rescinded by his successor, as we wrote back in August.

He also promises, "As president, I'll . . . cut funding for sanctuary cities." Maybe so, but as governor he took no action against several such towns in his state.Romney claims he put state troopers on the trail of illegals in his state.

Romney: As governor, I authorized the state police to enforce immigration laws.

Well, yes. But, as we noted in August, he didn't do so until he had less than a month left in his term. He was already considering running for president, and the new governor-elect was expected to rescind the arrangement.

Romney began talking about giving troopers the power to make arrests on immigration charges earlier in 2006, but he didn't sign an agreement with the federal government - a necessary condition for that authority to be granted - until Dec. 13 of that year. Romney was scheduled to leave office Jan. 4, 2007. Democrat Deval Patrick, who had won the race to succeed Romney, had already said the program was a "bad idea" because troopers were busy enough as it was.

Sure enough, Patrick rescinded the agreement within his first week in office so troopers could "focus on enforcing Massachusetts laws." The policy never had a chance to take effect, because those troopers chosen to carry it out hadn't yet begun a required six-week training course.
    Romney told an audience in Arizona , in reference to President Obama, "He said he'd cut the deficit in half. He's doubled it. He's doubled it."

For an alleged numbers guy, Romney is either lying or he's bad at arithmetic. When Obama took office, the deficit was about $1.3 trillion. Last year, it was $1.29 trillion. This year, it's on track to be about $1.1 trillion. Does Romney not know what "double" means?

On foreign policy, Romney said, "[T]his president should have put in place crippling sanctions against Iran, he did not."

Actually, he did.

Also on contraception access, Romney said, "[The Obama administration is] requiring the Catholic Church to provide for its employees and its various enterprises health care insurance that would include birth control, sterilization and the morning-after pill. Unbelievable."

Yes, it's literally unbelievable, because he's lying: churches are exempt. (He's also contradicting his own previous position.)

SOURCE: imperialmovement.com

Campaigning in Ohio, Mitt Romney told supporters, without smirking or sounding sarcastic, "If I'm president of the United States, with your help, I will tell the truth."

Ordinarily, those seeking national leadership positions don't vow to tell the truth if others help them, but since I am nothing if not helpful, I thought I might give the presumptive Republican presidential nominee a few examples of instances in which he fell short of honesty this week.

Indeed, if Romney intends to "tell the truth," he can start by reading the 14th installment of my weekly series, chronicling Mitt's mendacity.

1. Speaking to the NRA, Romney said, "The Obama administration has decided that it has the power to mandate what Catholic charities, schools, and hospitals must cover in their insurance plans.... Here we are, just getting started with Obamacare, and the federal government is already dictating to religious groups on matters of doctrine and conscience."

In Massachusetts' governor for one term, Romney took the same position Obama has adopted. He somehow forgot to mention this.

2. Romney also told the NRA audience, "We need a president who will enforce current laws, not create new ones that only serve to burden lawful gun owners. President Obama has not, I will."

The grammar in this sentence makes it hard to understand, but the implication seems to be that Obama has created new restrictions on gun laws. That's a lie.

3. Romney also claims to be a "lifetime" member of the NRA.

In reality, Romney used to oppose the NRA, but became a "lifetime" member fairly recently by buying the honor from the group.

SOURCE: crooksandliars.com

1. Romney claimed President Obama “went before the United Nations” and “said nothing about thousands of rockets being rained in on Israel from the Gaza Strip.”

True or false? The claim isn’t even close to being right.

2. Romney said Democrats “passed Dodd-Frank,” which “has made it almost impossible for community banks.”

True or false? He’s has said this before, and it’s still completely untrue.

3. Romney continues to insist, “Our Navy is now smaller than any time since 1917.”

True or false? It’s one of his favorite talking points, but it’s wildly misleading.

4. Romney boasted, “I did not inherit what my wife and I have, nor did she. What I was able to build, I built the old-fashioned way, by earning it, by working hard.”

True or false? In reality, he inherited quite a bit from his wealthy, powerful parents.

5. Attacking Newt Gingrich, Romney said of House Republicans, “They also took a vote, and 88 percent of Republicans voted to reprimand the speaker, and he did resign in disgrace after that.”

True or false? That’s not really what happened.

6. Romney said, “We have $15 trillion of debt. We’re headed to a Greece- type collapse, and he adds another trillion [dollars] on top for Obamacare and for his stimulus plan that didn’t create private-sector jobs.”

True or false? Our debt problem has no resemblance to Greece’s; the Affordable Care Act reduces the debt; and the stimulus added millions of private-sector jobs.

7. Describing his state-based health-care law, Romney said, “At the time we crafted it, I was asked time and again, ‘Is this something that you would have the federal government do?’ I said absolutely not. I do not support a federal mandate.”

True or false? Reality shows the exact opposite is true.

8. Going after Obama, Romney said, “[W]e shouldn’t forget that for two years, this President had a Congress that could do everything he wanted.”

True or false? Republicans love this, but it’s plainly false.

9. Again commenting on Obama’s record, Romney argued, “If you want to get the economy going, lower corporate tax rates. He’s raised them.”

True or false? It’s one of the more transparent lies Romney has told.

10. Asked about his investments in Freddie Mac, Romney told Fox News, “My investments, of course, are managed not by me. For the last 10 years they’ve been guided and managed by a trustee, they’re in a blind trust. And the trustee invested in mutual funds and so forth and apparently one of the funds had Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac bonds.”

True or false? He’s lying again.

11. Romney argued, “I didn’t get involved in politics early in my life,” adding he didn’t “politically involved” until after he ran the 2002 Olympics.

True or false? Romney ran for the U.S. Senate in 1994. He might remember spending $7 million of his own money on the race.

12. Asked to explain his 1992 vote in a Democratic primary, Romney said, “I’ve never voted for a Democrat when there was a Republican on the ballot.”

True or false? That’s not only untrue, it’s a story Romney has changed literally five times.

13. After winning the Florida primary, Romney argued, “On one of the most personal matters of our lives, our health care, President Obama would turn decision making over to government bureaucrats.”

True or false? Even for Romney, this is kind of dishonesty is just brazen.

14. After receiving Donald Trump’s endorsement yesterday, Romney, commenting on President Obama and the economy, said, “He’s frequently telling us that he did not cause the recession, and that’s true. But he made it worse.”

True or false? Not only is the economy much stronger than it was, even Mitt Romney himself has repeatedly said the economy has improved since Obama took office.

Jon Chait noted last week that Romney appears to be “an audacious liar,” adding, “Even by the standards of politicians, Romney seems unusually prone to dishonesty.”

SOURCE: politico.com/willard-romneys-...

of but there are About 5,440,000 web sights with Mitt Flips and Lies and according to you they are all ether

I have listed the sources and on thous sources there are the references with the facts.
    Where can I find your assertion that all 5,440,000 web sights are lies Please give me you’re sourced disproving that I and every one of the 5440,000 web sights are lies??? Please. mitt
  • Ghost 2011/08/03 03:08:41
    Ghost
    Didn't your mommies ever tell you that a drowning man will grasp at a straw?
    Hussein is that drowning man.
  • jams 2011/06/18 14:59:07
    jams
    Who is Fred Thompson?
    How old is this thing?

2014/09/22 02:24:18