To The Left: Check Out The Article Below Revealing The Plot Against The President Cooked Up By The GOP On Inauguration Day And Give Your Input!

Keeping It Real 2012/04/26 17:59:55
SodaHead Progressives
Do you feel the GOP care more about being in power then what's best for the country?

Just in Case You Were Wondering if the GOP Planned to Screw Obama from the Beginning

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/page/275095_Just_in_Case_You_...

As President Barack Obama was celebrating his
inauguration at various balls, top Republican lawmakers and strategists
were conjuring up ways to submarine his presidency at a private dinner
in Washington, D.C.

The event — which provides a telling revelation for how quickly the
post-election climate soured — serves as the prologue of Robert Draper’s
much-discussed and heavily-reported new book, “Do Not Ask What Good We
Do: Inside the U.S. House of Representatives.”

According to Draper, the guest list that night (which was just over
15 people in total) included Republican Reps. Eric Cantor (Va.), Kevin
McCarthy (Calif.), Paul Ryan (Wis.), Pete Sessions (Texas), Jeb
Hensarling (Texas), Pete Hoekstra (Mich.) and Dan Lungren (Calif.),
along with Republican Sens. Jim DeMint (S.C.), Jon Kyl (Ariz.), Tom
Coburn (Okla.), John Ensign (Nev.) and Bob Corker (Tenn.).

Non-lawmakers present included Newt Gingrich, several years removed from
his presidential campaign, and Frank Luntz, the long-time Republican
wordsmith. Notably absent were Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell
(R-Ky.) and House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) — who, Draper
writes, had an acrimonious relationship with Luntz.

For several hours in the Caucus Room (a high-end D.C. establishment),
the book says they plotted out ways to not just win back political
power, but to also put the brakes on Obama’s legislative platform.

“If you act like you’re the minority, you’re going to stay in the
minority,” Draper quotes McCarthy as saying. “We’ve gotta challenge them
on every single bill and challenge them on every single campaign.”

• 2468 2012/04/26 18:34:27 (edited)
    Do you feel the GOP care more about being in power then what's best for the c...
    2468
    +11
    Power at the top is the goal.

Power below the top....not useful to profits.

ferengi profits

• Heptarch J 2012/05/01 21:24:54
    Heptarch
    +1
    "They pay into an unemployment insurance program, but the money is collected and dispersed by the government."

Right. The money the employers pay is dispersed by the government. It's not a "government handout".

I have no complaint with the ending of state sponsored laziness like rewarding moms on welfare for having more kids. But programs like Medicare, Unemployment Insurance and Social Security are fundamental to any society that wants to claim a high standard of living.
  • J Heptarch 2012/05/02 16:20:41
    J
    Unemployment? Fine, but not for 2 years. Unemployment is a government handout, but partially "funded" through an unemployment tax paid by employers. And SS, absolutely - but as a "savings account" as originally set up. NO SSI funds from it and no giving it to illegals or others who never paid into that system.
  • Heptarch J 2012/05/02 16:25:39
    Heptarch
    +1
    "Unemployment? Fine, but not for 2 years"

In what state can you get unemployment for 2 years?

"Unemployment is a government handout, but partially "funded" through an unemployment tax paid by employers."

It's not "partially funded". It IS funded.

"NO SSI funds from it and no giving it to illegals or others who never paid into that system."

Agreed. Illegals have no right to tax-funded anything.
  • J Heptarch 2012/05/02 21:35:51
    J
    Unemployment funds ran out a LONG time ago.
  • Heptarch J 2012/05/02 21:40:12
    Heptarch
    +1
    If they had, no one would be getting unemployment. I know from firsthand experience that those funds haven't run out. Someone very close to me got fired a few months ago and they've been trying to get a job ever since. That person is on unemployment right now.
  • J Heptarch 2012/05/04 20:00:04
    J
    Those funds are coming from the General Budget; the same place Social Security comes from now.
  • Heptarch J 2012/05/05 01:53:00
    Heptarch
    +1
    No, they're coming from the taxes employers pay into Unemployment Insurance.
  • J Heptarch 2012/05/07 19:25:46
    J
    Unemployment insurance is a federal-state program jointly financed through federal and state employer payroll taxes (federal and state UI taxes).
  • Heptarch J 2012/05/07 19:41:41
    Heptarch
    +1
    Taxes which are paid by employers TO the government. In other words, people collecting unemployment are essentially collecting it from the monies paid to the government by employers.
  • J Heptarch 2012/05/07 20:54:27
    J
    Once again, tell me one state that is not DEEP, DEEP in the red over this UI crap?
  • Heptarch J 2012/05/08 00:51:12
    Heptarch
    +1
    OMG, you really don't listen at all, do you? Or do you have reading comprehension problems?

That money comes from EMPLOYERS!
  • J Heptarch 2012/05/08 01:17:23
    J
    It does until it runs out and then the states "borrow" it from the feds.
  • Heptarch J 2012/05/08 02:33:10
    Heptarch
    But your argument was that everyone on unemployment is getting money from the government.
  • J J 2012/05/07 19:26:21
    J
    Tell me please, which state has excess UI funds? Just one is all I am asking for.
  • Mopvyzo 2012/04/26 21:12:41
    Mopvyzo
    +3
    This comes as no surprise to me.
    +2
    Not onlyhave they kept the US Congress from doing anything constructive but delibertly obstructed every piece of legislation they could.

PLUS the War on Women is a side effect program to build support from the organizations of Christendom in the fashion done during the 80's and 90's from the "Moral Majority" and the "Silent Majority"

This has all been a orchestrated attack on the President from day one.
  • Lady Wh... sjalan 2012/04/26 21:18:26
    +1
    Couldn't have said it better.
  • clasact 2012/04/26 21:09:10
    clasact
    this wouldnt surprise me since their has been no co operation at all from Rep to the president ,even when he introduce their own bill they wouldnt vote for it ,to bad they are going to lose again
  • J clasact 2012/04/26 21:15:47
    J
    "when he introduce their own bill..." What bill would that be?
  • clasact J 2012/04/26 21:17:19
    clasact
    +1
    guess you didnt hear it all over the place that the jobs bill was really all the REp ideal rolled into one and they still voted it down,dont belive me go check it out for yourself
  • J clasact 2012/04/30 19:29:53
    J
    You know, I am a frequent visitor to senate.gov, thomas.gov, watch CSPAN and CSPAN2 regularly. I'm not sure what "bill" you are talking about. Honestly, I'm not real sure what you are saying.
  • clasact J 2012/04/30 21:03:59
    clasact
    +1
    The jobs bill that Obama was pushing so hard a few months ago was all Rep ideals that they had at one time or another put out there .Obama put them all into one package and presented to congress and they still voted it down
  • J clasact 2012/04/30 21:07:53
    J
    Wow, I am an avid thomas.gov viewer and CSPAN (&2) viewer and this is the first I am hearing of Obama taking Republican ideas and creating a "jobs bill". Please tell me more about this bill. I know that Obama would put an idea or two in there and then also try to spend, spend, spend more money that America doesn't have.
  • clasact J 2012/04/30 21:14:50
    clasact
    +1
    Man it wasnt me makeing this up it was all over the news .Hell even Fox stated why would they vote down their own ideals and those people hate everything Obama says but this time it wasnt his word it was their own and if you go back you will find there were several question on here about it
  • J clasact 2012/04/30 21:18:03
    J
    +1
    Sorry, I am still in the dark and could find nothing on a Fox search - now this is Fox News you are talking about right?
  • clasact J 2012/04/30 22:50:09
    clasact
    +1
    yep and all the others reported it to the only one that said it was Rep ideals was Rush
  • Keeping... clasact 2012/04/30 21:37:29
    Keeping It Real
    You're wasting your energy trying to present facts to the RWNJ. His kind is never interested in facts or the truth because there an inconvenience that goes against their fake, lying narrative. don t waste your time
  • J Keeping... 2012/05/01 15:55:14
    J
    I haven't seen facts. Show me where I can view this "bill". I don't have a problem reading. But so far, all classact has done is tell me that it was a bill proposed by Obama that was nothing but what Republicans can up with. That I want to see.
  • lady_c5_loadmaster 2012/04/26 20:57:32
    lady_c5_loadmaster
    +3
    It sounds like the GOP was trying to look out for the citizens of this nation because they knew that most people did not want the changes Obama was going to bring.
  • Heptarch lady_c5... 2012/04/26 21:26:16
    Heptarch
    +1
    If they hadn't wanted what he was going to bring, they wouldn't have voted him into office.
  • Racefish Heptarch 2012/04/26 21:54:15
    Racefish
    Why did you vote for him?
  • Heptarch Racefish 2012/04/26 22:30:42
    Heptarch
    +1
    Because the Republican way of doing things was doing serious damage to this country. I felt it was time for a change of perspective. And everything we we knew about Obama suggested that he was someone who would try to do the right thing by this country. I think he has, though I don't agree with everything he's done. I do know that he's a helluva lot better than anyone the Republicans could put forward.
  • Racefish Heptarch 2012/04/29 18:37:59
    Racefish
    "And everything we we knew about Obama suggested that he was someone who would try to do the right thing by this country."

Obviously you didn't bother to look into his history either. If I had a choice between Hillary and Barry, I'd much rather have Hillary. I'm still wondering why people don't understand the affect Frank Marshall Davis had on BO.
  • Heptarch Racefish 2012/04/29 19:03:53
    Heptarch
    I did. I thought we needed someone a bit more centrist to offset the growing polarization of both parties.
  • Racefish Heptarch 2012/04/30 17:09:10
    Racefish
    Hillary and Romney are more Centrest. Obama is in far Left field.
  • Heptarch Racefish 2012/04/30 17:30:22
  • Racefish Heptarch 2012/05/01 18:40:48
    Racefish
    It's funny you quote Leftists to make your point. There are a lot of people on the Left that think he's caving.
  • Heptarch Racefish 2012/05/01 19:05:32
    Heptarch
    That's actually the point I was making. All these idiots who think that Obama is this radical leftist are deluding themselves. True liberals are unhappy with him because he is not far ENOUGH to the left to suit them.

My point was that Obama is center right, not liberal. My links are perfect to illustrate that.
  • Racefish Heptarch 2012/05/02 14:48:26
    Racefish
    Center right? Really? Since when does govenment control of health care, land use, transportation, environment, come anywhere close to being "right wing"?
    Oh, by the way, how does "Fast and Furious" fit into a "right wing" pattern?
  • Turings... Heptarch 2012/04/26 22:02:26
    TuringsChild
    He never SAID what changes he had in mind. And the MSM never bothered to ask. America isn't anywhere NEAR as socialist as he seems to think we are.

2014/10/25 18:14:59