Tired of paying unfair cell phone taxes?

Fef 2012/03/30 07:18:25
I pay too much cell phone taxes
I don't mind paying high taxes
u mad bro?
Americans pay $7.67 per month on taxes for their wireless/cell phone bill.

video from townhall.com

Wireless Tax Fairness Act
Between federal, state and local government taxes and fees on your monthly wireless bill, you’re paying an average of more than 16%. That’s more than double the average sales tax rate of about 7% that you pay on other goods or services you buy. Congress can stop all unfair, new state & local wireless taxes and fees, for 5 years. US House passed it, now the US Senate must act.

Digital Goods
Consumers are in danger of being taxed multiple, discriminatory times for purchases of all digital commerce, unless Congress acts to protects them

Emergency 911 Services and Funding
Often, wireless consumers & public safety are harmed when states raid E-911 funds. Keep E-911 fund use strictly for system upgrade purposes.

Find out how much your state charges in cell phone taxes -- and see how it compares to other states: http://www.askstudent.com/money/cell-phone-taxes-by-state/ I wonder if I can register my cell phone in a different state since I have national roaming plan....

Read More: http://www.mywireless.org/federal-issues/

• P. Sturm 2012/04/02 07:29:23
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    P. Sturm
    u' betcha'. And legislators, state and federal, need to quit stealing the money from 911 funds, social security, designated bonds and taxes, etc. or pay them back.
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    And I have no idea what those taxes are for, and no one has yet told me that any of them are legitimate, or why.
  • Rubyking 2012/03/30 18:11:01
    u mad bro?
    Rubyking
    just a kid
  • Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F 2012/03/30 17:21:03
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    Aqua Surf BTO-t-BCRA-F
    I'm thinking mine is more like $14.00 and change a month. I don't have my bill yet so I can't check for sure but I remember being ticked off at all these nit picking little charges that add up every month.
  • Gregaj7 2012/03/30 17:01:15
    u mad bro?
    I don't pay 'unfair' cell-phone' taxes. I pay unfair landline taxes.
  • dispatcher 2012/03/30 15:54:21
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    dispatcher
    +1
    I going to reach out here & blame OBAMA.. Since he blames everyone else for his own stupidity & ignorance yet the high taxes on our bills are another way for the government to get more of our money to spread the welth for the liberal idiots who don't work & get free welfarephones that we pay for. That's right the tax money we pay goes to supporting the welfare phones for all the losers who abuse the system..
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    +1
    I think the tax equates to about 18% and lets not forget the bogus surcharges the carriers sneak into the bill
  • the fuze 2012/03/30 12:54:48
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    the fuze
    +1
    What gets me is, I'm charged taxes for a city I don't even live in, I have a "transit-improvement" tax and a couple of other weird ones I don't understand. I can see the phone taxes going to say... maintenance of cell towers and other phone-related issues, but I don't see why transit is included in these taxes.
  • nothingbutthetruth 2012/03/30 11:16:38
    u mad bro?
    nothingbutthetruth
    Tell Republicans to pay their fair share of Taxes!
  • Fef nothing... 2012/03/30 17:00:26
    Fef
    Do you think republicans pay different rates on cell phone taxes?

Or did you mock the democrats ;)
  • nothing... Fef 2012/03/31 05:41:38
    nothingbutthetruth
    Republicans never pay for nothing, they take everything for free! And no need to mock the Democrats, becasue they are not mockingbirds.
  • Selketskiss 2012/03/30 08:46:55
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    Selketskiss
    +2
    I rank number 2 on the list but I did not need to look at it I know all the taxes I pay are insane. I have the phone cause a few years ago I fell in the back yard broke my ankle and put my hand out as I was going down and broke my wrist too then passed out. When I came to I had to drag myself across my large yard I just could not stand and into the house. My kids made me get it for emergencies like that and long distance driving and I must say it has come in handy but I still hate phones, always have.
  • 2sly 2012/03/30 08:15:59
  • truthman 2012/03/30 08:14:48
    I pay too much cell phone taxes
    truthman
    +4
    Its crazy the taxes on these phones.
  • Bcounted 2012/03/30 07:33:43
    u mad bro?
    Bcounted
  • JoeBtfsplk Bcounted 2012/03/30 07:55:49
    JoeBtfsplk
    +2
    you really should get those lymph glands/nodes checked out
  • JoeBtfsplk 2012/03/30 07:33:30
    u mad bro?
    JoeBtfsplk
    +2
    I get by perfectly without a cell phone. I have no intention whatsoever of acquiring one.
    People that own cell phones are convinced they couldn't live without them.
    Shouldn't there be a;

'LIVE WITHOUT YOUR CELL PHONE DAY'

where everyone leaves their cell phones in the nightstand and off to work/college/the beach/ the mall/ whatever...

Then do interviews about the trauma that occurred the previous day.

I apologize in advance for being smug about my conceived superiority to people that have to trudge thru life attached to the tangled web we've woven ourselves in to to find one day we would have been just fine without any of these modern day technological breakthrough devices.

Talk about being brainwashed!

But yes you do have to be available in case your boss wants to fire you.

What else are they good for?

(only thing I can think of - when women are stranded at night because their car broke down - hopefully near a cell tower - if not? well how well does that cell phone do doubling as a baseball bat?)
  • Bcounted JoeBtfsplk 2012/03/30 07:38:55
    Bcounted
    +2

Never bring a baseball bat to a cell phone fight. LOL
    Bcounted.
  • JoeBtfsplk Bcounted 2012/03/30 07:53:07
    JoeBtfsplk
    +2
    SOLD! Where do I get mine?
  • Selkets... Bcounted 2012/03/30 08:27:25 (edited)
    Selketskiss
    +1
    That is adorable...Murdered by a cell phone news at 11......LOL

2014/08/01 15:59:39