Three Urgent Requests for Military Back-Up Denied: Does Public Deserve to Know Who Told CIA Operators to 'Stand Down' During Benghazi Attack?

Fef 2012/10/26 18:32:29
President Obama's refusal to explain what happened during the Benghazi, Libya attack by organized terrorists on the 9/11 anniversary has forced some inside the government to leak information to the media. Recently leaked emails and transcripts detail a very disturbing tragedy that killed four Americans, including the death of Chris Stevens, the first Ambassador murdered since President Carter's administration.

The leak of documents confirm that America's public did not get the whole story from President Obama. Questions of "who knew what when" continues to fuel a firestorm of criticism and speculation about a cover-up by the White House -- possibly for political reasons as Obama enters the final stretch of a uphill battle for re-election.

Documents and an interview with Charles Woods, the father of former SEAL Tyrone Woods, detail the combat. Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty, another former SEAL, went to help Stevens at the consulate. They went to help the fallen Americans at the consulate after asking for permission and getting denied several times. They went anyway because they wanted to save the Americans stranded at the consulate.

Someone in the White House refused to allow them and other military support that could have saved the Americans' lives. Woods and Doherty got killed more than six hours after the initial attack. The Americans had trained a laser on the militants mortar position, but the White House refused to send gunships to hone in on the laser target. Hundreds of Americans in the White House, intelligence and military watched as two drones provided live footage of the attack and deaths of the Americans.

Obama's appointment in the Pentagon said that didn't want to take any chances. "There's a lot of Monday morning quarterbacking going on here," Defense Secretary Leon Panetta said. "But the basic principle here ... is that you don't deploy forces into harm's way without knowing what's going on."

Watch the video interview of Charles Woods here: http://video.foxnews.com/v/1926509622001/

Tyrone Woods and Doherty died as heroes trying to protect America's national security. Woods, Doherty and the other Americans do not deserve to die in vain.

FOXNEWS.COM reports:
Fox News has learned from sources who were on the ground in Benghazi that an urgent request from the CIA annex for military back-up during the attack on the U.S. consulate and subsequent attack several hours later was denied by U.S. officials -- who also told the CIA operators twice to stand down rather than help the ambassador's team when shots were heard at approximately 9:40 p.m. in Benghazi on Sept. 11.

operators ambassadors team shots heard approximately 940 benghazi sept 11

Read More: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/26/cia-ope...

• Louisa - Enemy of the State 2012/10/26 18:37:36
    Louisa - Enemy of the State
    +25
    Oh, that just made my heart skip a beat. Three requests? In my mind, obama and certain co-conspirators are guilty of treasonous acts.

Every service man/woman in the Middle East should buy a plane ticket and come home. Would YOU want to work for this man??

• daver 2012/11/04 07:40:45
    daver
  • withouthate 2012/11/03 11:22:04
    withouthate
    +1
    Pentagon Says It Was Ready to Respond to the Attack in Hours

Obama strategy to hide Benghazi from the voting public is spelled out by Christopher Hahn, former aide to Senator Schumer in his interview with Fox News. The new spin on Benghazi is that at this time no one believes anyone on either side of the isle and that we have to focus on the National election then investigate after the election. Translation if we are in the white house after November Six we can stonewall this and no one will have to answer for the murder of these four Americans. From the lack of an aggressive action demanding answers for these murders, it appears that the Republican leadership concurs with this strategy The house should be holding non stop over sight committee meeting thereby forcing the truth with the officials under oath. The timid response of the republican is enabling Obama to face the public with clean hands on election day.

The democratic party is living up to its reputation as the party of liars and sleaze with their handling of the Murder and cover up our four American. Not one Democrat has stood up and demanded that the President answer for these deaths.

Contrary to the lies of Chris Han and the Democratic Party, the American public is aware of what happened in Benghazi. The fac...

Contrary to the lies of Chris Han and the Democratic Party, the American public is aware of what happened in Benghazi. The facts are clear. Obama denied the security that Ambassador Stevens requested. He pulled the security that was on site. Obama was forewarned of an attack on the compound. During the attack real time videos were being provided to the situation room in the white house. Obama ordered the military and the intelligence operatives to step down. He refused to allow gun ships to fire after the targets were painted. After the deaths Obama, Hillary, Rice and Carney lied to the American public and blamed the attack on a badly produced video. Obama had the film maker jailed as promised by Hillary thereby denying an American his grantee rights under the first Amendment. Obama let his Islamic heart rule over the Constitution. Obama and the white house did not convene the proper task forces to deal with the attack. This has led to speculation that this was a planned hit on the Ambassador by our own government.

The truth will surface because millions of Americans are demanding that the murders and liars in this administration be brought to justice and will not settle tor a white wash.
  • daver without... 2012/11/04 08:10:50
    daver
    The Party of liars and sleaze.

http://freethoughtblogs.com/d...
  • babibumer 2012/10/30 21:06:25
    babibumer
    Imaginary orders for a little more pre-election FUBAR. Fox News? RW blogs? Enough said.

• minniehaha 2012/10/29 21:08:11
  • daver minniehaha 2012/11/04 07:50:20
  • SheShe 2012/10/29 17:08:31
    SheShe
    This Administration has little experience in the decision making process in a crisis situation .... it doesn't care about American Citizens, or the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. BUT MOST OF ALL ....No one had the balls to make the right decision to protect our citizens on "our American soil" in Libya.
  • Grammar... SheShe 2012/10/29 21:52:40
    Grammar Freak
    Yeah, reminds me of the Bush administration faaaaar too much.
  • yaaarrr... Grammar... 2012/11/04 17:44:00
    yaaarrrggghhh
    Same here. It's time to get rid of both parties and constitutionally safeguard our country from ever being prey to a two party collaboration again.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who just sees Obama's term as a doubling down of the same direction the country has been in since Ronald Reagan.
  • Grammar... yaaarrr... 2012/11/04 18:27:38
    Grammar Freak
    You bet. There's so little difference that it's negligible.
    The People have no voice. The "parties" are not even trying to hide their corruption anymore, as evidenced by the travesties that were this year's DNC & RNC.

Regardless of who wins the White House, it will be interesting to see what happens in the Congressional races.
  • PetrifiedElephantPoop 2012/10/29 15:36:11
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +1
    The right sure needs some Arms for Hostages kinda stuff right now....So if they can't have something really damning....Just create something...talk it up long and hard to make it look like a mountain. Get Fox to start talking about it 24/7. Get Gretchen and Douchie to start the morning coffee clatch with it.

Molehill politics at it's best. The author of this post would never post something for his side's political gain.....Laughs
  • Ben Petrifi... 2012/10/29 15:46:00
    Ben
    +3
    This is actually a pretty big deal, regardless of who the president is. You knew in your heart when the story first broke that it couldn't have been a riot sparked by a video. It all seemed made up. Are you not in the least bit concerned why the president didn't make the call to counter-attack a terrorist attack? Also, why was the media (all media) showing stock footage anti-american protests when now everyone is saying there were no protests at all?
  • Petrifi... Ben 2012/10/29 15:55:49
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +2
    I believe that people on the right would like to make this issue a larger narrative....and that should be equally concerning to people. I don't hear anyone on the right talking about the premature speech Romney made as being a problem either. We don't need another trigger happy President. The Romney's advisors are the same crew that led us into the war in Iraq.
  • Ben Petrifi... 2012/10/29 19:56:18
    Ben
    +1
    I know what you mean. I don't think Romeny is going to be nearly as trigger happy as Bush was. In other words, I don't think we are going to war over this. If it was Bush, I'd be concerned, though. He'd want to bomb Iran over this.
  • Petrifi... Ben 2012/10/29 20:08:06
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +1
    Funny....as I am writing you I see Colin Powell pictured along the side....and He would be the one I would hold in evidence that we are truely supporting the right person for President. He seems to have thoughtfully explained why Obama is better, and I believe He would know. He seems to be level headed, well respected and not driven by politics or political gain....He seems to sanely make the case for 4 more years. I am going to listen.
  • Grammar... Ben 2012/10/29 21:56:31
    Grammar Freak
    Hey! I'm still wondering how a bunch of guys living in caves planned & carried out 9/11 so incredibly precisely... to the point that they even knew that we'd be doing drills on the exact same scenario on the exact same day at the exact same time, that we'd be happy to allow the bin Laden family jet to fly out of our airspace fully loaded with family members AND that there would be no thorough investigation before the largest crime scene in the nation's history was destroyed & removed!!
    But hey, this is America!
    Anything is possible.

As horrible as this is, it doesn't shock me one bit. Obama is no better than W.
    ...& you can bet your house that Romney isn't any better than either of them.
    One giant pack of jackals is what our nation is facing... & there's no escape.
  • Ben Grammar... 2012/10/30 16:16:40
    Ben
    I am no stranger to false flag operations. I just don't understand why our own country can't get them right.
  • Grammar... Ben 2012/10/30 19:27:03
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    Ha!
    "Get them right."
    I don't understand why we seem to think they're necessary in the first place.
    I mean, if our nation really is so much better than the rest ("the greatest nation in the world"), then we need no false flag operations.
    Just like Romney... since Obama's been a very poor President, why does he lie every time he opens his mouth? It makes no sense! Were he to run an honest campaign & just tell the truth all the time, he'd win for certain ...& by a landslide. But because he can't seem to tell the truth under any circumstances, he damages his chances every time he opens his mouth. Were he to just sit there, shut up, not say a word, he'd likely win. But it's the lies that are ruining him. Obama's record is enough for a shoe-box to win, were it be an honest... or at least a silent... shoebox.
    Romney is his own worst enemy.
  • Ben Grammar... 2012/10/30 20:04:28 (edited)
    Ben
    +1
    Well, a great nation is one that has good control of it's people. We are "free" so control is a bit harder. We have these ideas split up in to categories to give us a siense that we control our nation, when it is acutally the other way around. These ideas come in the form of republican, democrat, libertarian, etc. Whoever we vote in to office is simply the guy we hire on to tell us how to live. It sucks when he seems spineless and lies horribley. Those gruesome truths come to light (like Benghazi and a health care bill that has nothing to do with health care) and we start to wake up a little. Until we go back to our regular scheduled programming and we just forget. We are easily attracted and distracted by flashy things. Anyone who thinks otherwise is classified as a conspiracy theorist. :)
  • Grammar... Ben 2012/10/30 20:14:19
    Grammar Freak
    +1
    I agree 100% with your post.
    The so-called "healthcare" bill is a travesty. I haven't met or heard of anyone who had health insurance before who is actually glad to have it now. It seems that it's doing a hell of a lot more harm than good.
    I suppose time will tell, but it would have been a much better deal had the President endorsed the idea of every state implementing its own bill.
    I do agree that insurance companies need regulations. They're ripping off The People left & right. Why have insurance if you still have to pay for the majority of your bills while the CEOs & upper management continually receive millions of dollars every year in bonuses alone?
    The NDAA was really the last straw for me. The fact that it passed the Senate with 93 votes absolutely blew me away. That's a full, bipartisan removal of our constitutional protection to a speedy & fair trial. For a Con Law prof, he sure doesn't seem to understand The Constitution well at all.
    Those two items are absolutely unconstitutional & the idea that either would be held up by, not only both "parties," but by the SCOTUS is sure proof that the Plutocracy is in place & in complete charge.

I don't think it matters who we vote for, really. I think our nation is going right down the wastepipe in speedy fashion.
  • babibumer Grammar... 2012/10/30 21:09:20
    babibumer
    And let us not forget how AMAZINGLY the twin towers fell pancaking into its on footprint - along with building 5 that didn't even have an airplane flown into it. Nobody with a brain could have watched that and thought that an airplane flying into those buldings could cause that to happen that way. DUH.
  • Grammar... babibumer 2012/10/30 22:02:21
    Grammar Freak
    It's funny how people believe what they hear or read over what they see.
  • babibumer Grammar... 2012/10/30 23:24:03 (edited)
    babibumer
    Hmmm - I watched them do it - you didn't? Of course - maybe you just didn't understand what you saw. At the moment the towers fell, I said to my husband, "WTF, they imploded into their own footprint? What's the chances of that?

" evil cheney bush jet fuel
  • Grammar... babibumer 2012/10/31 09:20:15
    Grammar Freak
    Yes, I watched the whole thing unfold that day.
    The first thought that went through my mind was, "Now I understand why it was so gawdawful important to have Bush in office at all costs."
  • PBAB Ben 2012/10/30 00:23:57
    PBAB
    It seemed made up to me too and they really stuck to that mob / video meme. That's the curious thing. Fox News was showing video of a quiet consulate at the same time the Administration was still saying mob violence caused by the video. And have you looked at the video? That seemed made up too with fake backgrounds and all. Amateurish at best. And where is the guy who made it? Why is he being held without bail? Why isn't his lawyer talking to the press. Come to think of it why isn't the press camped out at his jail cell?
  • Ben PBAB 2012/10/30 16:20:02
    Ben
    All the mob footage was fake. Especially the ones with the reporters. There were no protesters in the ones I saw. There was burned garbage in the street and a firework went off close to the reporter that I guess was supposed to be a bomb or something. I tell ya what...with all the internet out there and us being in the middle of the information era, they couldn't have pulled off 911 today.
  • PBAB Ben 2012/10/30 17:13:05
    PBAB
    Makes you wonder about all the crap they pulled off before the internet.
  • Ben PBAB 2012/10/30 17:45:14
    Ben

Just scroll down to "pretexts for war." there are a few to name there. They also did a good job explaining false flags in that movie, The Sum of All Fears. Even though the movie was crap.
  • Robin B Petrifi... 2012/10/31 04:22:23
    Robin B
    4Americans were slaughtered. What is there to laugh about.
  • Petrifi... Robin B 2012/11/01 18:00:46
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    Is that necessary? I copied what I said below so you could reread what I said....maybe if you had followed the whole thread...instead of being a troll....the context would be crystal clear. The funny part was about the Colin Powell endorsemen/and a picture of Colin Powell for another question that was on the screen at the time....not Bengazi.

Funny....as I am writing you I see Colin Powell pictured along the side....and He would be the one I would hold in evidence that we are truely supporting the right person for President. He seems to have thoughtfully explained why Obama is better, and I believe He would know. He seems to be level headed, well respected and not driven by politics or political gain....He seems to sanely make the case for 4 more years. I am going to listen
  • Robin B Petrifi... 2012/11/02 21:37:56
    Robin B
    Just call it like I see it.
  • Petrifi... Robin B 2012/11/03 06:55:13
  • Robin B Petrifi... 2012/11/06 08:25:56
    Robin B
    How typical, I see the potty mouth filter got you. When you can't defend the indefensible resort to trash talk!
  • Petrifi... Robin B 2012/11/06 11:48:21
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    Nope...it sure didn't....If you can see a female dog there....Think of it as a mirror.
  • Robin B Petrifi... 2013/01/27 01:35:11
    Robin B
    How third grade of you.
  • Lerro DeHazel 2012/10/29 14:48:27
    Lerro DeHazel
    +1
    I thought that this was already determined in New York City that it was George Bush who was the culprit on that. What does Chris Matthews and Whoopi Goldberg say aboiut it? Also, this is where the Washington Post could lend a helping-hand in investigating . . . .
  • Ripley 2012/10/29 14:43:37
    Ripley
    This administration is a disgrace
  • Petrifi... Ripley 2012/10/29 20:11:53
    PetrifiedElephantPoop
    +1
    Not the congress for complete obstruction??? Where are those jobs, jobs, jobs...they'd focus like a laser beam on....Oh....stupid you....they couldn't stop themselves from having their hands on every woman's uteris....country wide. Grace dis is.
  • Robin B Petrifi... 2012/11/02 21:39:12
    Robin B
    Obstruction? He had the entire hill for 1/2 his term!
  • voice_matters 2012/10/29 14:42:07
    voice_matters
    and we will after the elecftion

2014/07/31 23:55:37